Sakuracon 2013 Anyone Going?

Started by SweetSerenade, March 01, 2013, 12:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetSerenade

Would anyone on E be interesting in doing an E meet up for Sakuracon 2013? It's the Second Largest Anime convention on the West Coast, with AX being the largest, and I wanted to see how many people were going. I'll be attending, working mostly at the night time(AV Night Coordinator, go me!) and was figuring it might be nice to see if I could find some faces there. There are plenty of places we could easily meet up, the waterfall being my favorite. Or the Bell is always a good place to meet!

What is Sakuracon? It's an Anime convention, and loads of fun.

Sakuracon will be featuring several voice actors, artists, and a variety of people you may recognize. I'm personally interested in meeting with Vic, the voice of Dark Mousy/Edward Elric and many more. :D

So who all is going? What sort of Cosplay plans to people have? I'm probably not going to cosplay, given the fact that I have a lot of work to do. But I'm sure we could all easily find each other, and have some fun!

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

The Golden Touch

I'd forgotten about S-con. Since I'm not deploying anymore, I'd love to go and meet up with anyone else that's going. It might be fun?

I doubt I'll cosplay... Just not enough time to get a costume ready. EEP! I do have a tutu that lights up though... And some steampunk type goggles. I'll see what I can whip up!

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

SweetSerenade

Quote from: The Golden Touch on March 01, 2013, 01:06:40 AM
I'd forgotten about S-con. Since I'm not deploying anymore, I'd love to go and meet up with anyone else that's going. It might be fun?

I doubt I'll cosplay... Just not enough time to get a costume ready. EEP! I do have a tutu that lights up though... And some steampunk type goggles. I'll see what I can whip up!

I shouldn't be terribly hard to find during the night time. I'll be running around between panel rooms... making sure my staff is doing their job!

If you have any experience with AV equipment, you should volunteer! We need the staff, terribly. We have like half of the staff we need for minimum running capacity. XD Or if you learn quickly, we will be doing Set Up on the 28th(March) in the convention center, starting at 9am! XD Gods... My brain is gonna fry!

I would absolutely LOVE to do a meet up of sorts, and get to know a few people. Interact with others with the same mindset as me.

The Golden Touch

Hahaha... No, I don't volunteer for conventions anymore. I use to work registration for Kumoricon. I think I'd rather cut my hands off. >>;; I completely understand the brain fry though. So I feel for you but no thanks. ^ ^;;;

Sounds good for the meet up. We (The husband- SinxAzgard21 and I) are from the area in general anyway.

SweetSerenade

If you wanna PM me, I can tell you how to directly find me. I volunteer quite often, I usually hold high staff positions, despite my young age, perhaps we've met before? Most people at con know me as 'Turk'. When I'm in my suit, I exude power and people tend to listen to me. XD

The Golden Touch

I shall slip a PM your way. Still trying to figure out hotel v. driving home every night. If you've ever been to Kcon, then we may have in the years I volunteered (Three or so).

SweetSerenade

You could probably use the friendly travel gnome for a good hotel. I get a room comped for the four nights(staff nights) because of my position. Still trying to figure out transportations and the like. That's going to be the fun part.

I'm thinking about possibly dragging my Marvel OC cosplay with me. Though I have some modifications to work on. Though I met a costumer I might be able to trade costumes in exchange for doing professional modeling of his outfits. Help him get a boost on getting them sold. He's pretty good.

The Golden Touch

Looks like the hubby and I are going to be Umbrella corps. >>;;

SweetSerenade

That's awesome! I may bring the dress you see in my avatar, if I can get some modifications to it, and get it cleaned... have to dryclean it >.< So expenssiiiveeee

The Golden Touch

Registration done, staying with a friend and costumes on their way to be completed! The hubby and I are thinking about sushi at some point!

SweetSerenade

There is the DragonFish Cafe, in walking distance from the con, AMAZING food. But you need to get there early, cause they are /always/ flooded on Con weekend.

The Golden Touch

Dragonfish is so awesome. We had one near our last Kumoricon. Best food.

SweetSerenade

Yes, amazing food! We should talk about places we wanna meet up and stuff :D I'm working night shift, so it'd have to be just before, or just afte.r Or if it's dead, you could bug me during my shift, so long as I was doing my job. XD

The Golden Touch

SweetSerenade