Titan Dream || Space Exploration - Interest Thread || 2 New Positions!

Started by la dame en noir, July 26, 2016, 02:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

la dame en noir

Titan Dream
A Space Opera Small Group Game
Inspired by: Music from Skyworld by Two Steps from Hell, Star Trek, Mass Effect, and Star Wars

About Titan Dream
Titan Dream is a ship comprised of many people, both human and alien. It was a dream made years ago by one woman who wanted to unite the different ruling planets and send them on an exploration that no one has ever done before. Unlike most ships that were either military or mercenary, their goal was different. Together they explored the Milky way, learning all they could from each other and the universe around them.

Their journey was funded by a private company willing to make sure they were equipped with the necessities to get them through. It was impressive ship, with many layers and an intelligent crew. When the passing of Alanar Titus, the founding woman of Titan Dream, came as a surprise, the ship was handed down to the next in line.

Now the ship sails throughout the universe, exploring new and old worlds and uncovering hidden treasures. The team is young, new, and the fresh face the galaxy needs. What sorts of stories and history will the group unfold?...

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

la dame en noir

The Story

In 2189, Earth changed drastically. By chance or dumb luck, the human race discovered technology that advanced their species thousands of years ahead. The United States, along with the United Kingdom, were the first of the power nations to discover the technology. It was during a space expedition on Jupiter when they first discovered the element they called ‘Prosper Zero’. This element allowed the human race to advance further than they ever thought possible. The world as we know it, was thrown into a new era of technological advancement.

With the discovery of this new element, the human race was able to launch space academies and programs that would further progress their launch into space colonies and exploration. It took years of studying and investigation, but the world's first exploration took place.

Alanar Titus, an ambitious and driven woman, was the first to found a team of international scientists, soldiers, and archaeologists on an expedition to change the world. Titan Dream was founded through profits of wealthy world leaders in hopes of discovering something wonderful and beneficial for the human race…

Some had hidden agendas.

The first exploration team was comprised of many humans all from different areas on earth. Their discoveries answered the age old question “Is there life outside of Earth” and indeed there was. In 2195, the discovery of the Jupiter alien race - Shoska, the planets were thrown into chaos. The Shoska, a race that thrived in Jupiter’s freezing climate, felt threatened by the sudden appearance of humans and thus throwing them into a war of the ages.

Both Humans and Shoska fought to the death, the Shoska nearly obliterating Earth with weapons the Humans had never seen before. By 2201, after years of fighting, the races called a truce and learned about their differences and how they could help one-another.

Alanar Titus and her crew helped establish the Intergalactic Treaty which meant the planet's could not wage war and would help educate eachother on the vast universe. With the help of the Shoska, Earth was re-built and put into the golden age of new space discovery. There was melding of cultures and even a small colony was erected on Jupiter to help further their advancement.

In 2220, Alanar Titus, along with Yu’ld Duid - leader of the Shoska people, Titan Academy was built and established in the US to help educate both the Shoska and Human race to discover more of the Milky way and beyond. Since its establishment the school has successfully created fast means of travel between Earth and Jupiter via The Prosper Relays. This was a huge success, making space exploration easier and more obtainable.

Though things went well, other world leaders craved more knowledge and power. In 2225, Alanar Titus was found dead in her home only days after denying a contract which would force her crew to take over and colonize various planets inside the Isolde Cluster. The rumor went around that she died from an unknown illness and that is all that's known for now.

Current State

Titan Dream was re-established to continue the exploration of the Milky way and to further advancement of the Shoska and Human races. The team is comprised of Academy graduates and veterans and have come together under the vision of Alanar Titus.

Obedient and driven, the new crew willingly sets course into an unknown cluster where Isolde refused to go. What will happen with the team and what will be the outcome?
A&A | FxF |

la dame en noir

Gameplay

✸  This is a guided roleplay, but I won’t have difficult dice roles and things such as that. Gameplay is simple, each player has a character and each character has a specific role or specialization. For example, if you’re playing the Medic, you may not be someone who sees combat often - but perhaps a standard pistol instead.

✸  Any creature or enemy encounters will be played by me or anyone else who would like to fill the co-gm role. Each creature will have an HP bar and a strong attack that your character has to watch out for. This means that YC can get hurt badly. I will not kill or insist that they die, unless you’re all for that. In fact, I would love to see this game keep all of its original characters.

✸  There can status changes such as, getting poisoned or extremely ill. This might put your character in medical attention for a number of days(your call). But keep in mind if that if it was severe and you plan to put your character back in action, you would need to play it out accordingly. Someone getting impaled wouldn’t be able to spring back up the next day like nothing happened.

✸  Although there has been a breakthrough in technology and medicine, no one is immortal - not even the Shoska. Do not worry, I will not put anyone in danger immediately. Remember, it's a guided sandbox - there is a story and I want there to be character development instead of fighting constantly.

Rules

౦  Absolutely no drama is allowed or wanted outside of IC. Please respect that.

౦  Communication is key. Get to know the players and your GMs. It’ll make writing more fun and inclusive.

౦  Your input is important. This means that I want to hear what ideas you have for missions, new alien races or elements, anything you can think of.

౦  Although I prefer that everyone is engaged, please do not backseat GM. This causes drama and runs off players. If you’re having an issue or disagreement, settle it through PM or let me and Alcandre know.

౦  Dedication is necessary. Real life happens, between work, school, mental health, and hobbies - we’re all busy and we’re all adults. However, I would love that everyone is on the same page writing wise. If you’re going to be absent, let us know, if you can't - let us know as soon as possible so that we know how to move on.

౦  Posts: There is a standard two minimum paragraph post for each player, but I do not expect anyone to make novella sized posts each day. Post how your muse feels, but please give your writers something to work with.

౦  Sex: Yes, it's going to happen, especially in such a tight-nipped group. Since this game will be in the extreme category, please make sure you set scenes up accordingly to your O/Os...my NPC aliens aren’t all nice.
A&A | FxF |

la dame en noir

Players showing Interest

Crew Positions

- Captain/Commander
- First Mate/Second in Command
- Pilot
- Scientist
- Weapons expert
- Medic
- Cook
- Translator
- Archaeologist
- Mechanic
- Navigator
- Engineer
- Communications
- Corporate Sponsor Rep

Face Claims

Creating a character for this game will be different from most group games on E. As someone who gets distracted filling out long and complicated character sheets, I have decided to make this one simple without all the unnecessary additives. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Real or realistic art only. No cartoon or anime art.

Insert Character Name
the writer name here
insert crew position here

Here you can talk about your character. Please include personality, a background, their species, and gender. It does not have to be long, but instead of filling out a rigorous profile, i would prefer a brief summary that gives a look into your character.

Connections: If any
O/O: Player o/o link and a short description of the character's o/o

[float=left][img height=300 padding=5]http://i63.tinypic.com/1056xys.jpg[/img][/float][center][size=14pt][b]Insert Writer Name[/b][/size][/center]
[center][size=12pt][sub]the writer name here[/sub][/size][/center]
[center][size=12pt][sub]insert crew position here[/sub][/size][/center]
[center][url=insert character img link]✖[/url][url=insert character img link]✖[/url][url=insert character img link]✖[/url][/center]

[justify]Here you can talk about your character. Please include personality, a background, their species, and gender. It does not have to be long, but instead of filling out a rigorous profile, i would prefer a brief summary that gives a look into your character.[/justify]

[b]Connections:[/b] If any
[b]O/O:[/b] Player o/o link and a short description of the character's o/o
A&A | FxF |

la dame en noir

I. Who is the GM?
It is I, La Dame en Noir. I will be your host and GM for this fun little story that took my months to put together(mostly because I’m easily distracted)
      I.1 Who is the Co-GM?
           That would be Alcandre! She's friendly and helps keep me sane. You can ask her questions when you can't reach me. But I would prefer if we're grouped in the same PM, so I can keep up! :D

II. Is it small game only?
No. I’m starting this off as a group of 14 players, myself included, because it’ll be easier for me to handle. I hope to reach big game status and bring more players in later on.

III. Where is the game taking place?
The IC, OOC, and any other threads outside of the world building will be in the Extreme category - because...aliens

IV. Can I play a Shoska?
Yes, all the information about the alien race will and can be found in the world building thread.

V. I have an idea for a mission/alien race, etc!
Awesome! Give me your creative brain now. All concepts can and will be taken into consideration. It must be detailed(as you can get it) and PMed over to me to evaluate. If I see it possible, I will post in the OOC for input by the rest of the players.

VI. Who can play in Titan Dream?
Anyone and everyone. This open to every writer capable of meeting my writing criteria. This means the game is LGBTQ friendly. All non-binary, cis, and trans genders are welcome!

VII. Where will the game be taking place?
On the ship Titan Dream. It's a space exploration story, but there is room for something different should this game reach big game status.

VII. Can I play two characters?
No, I want to have a diverse group of writers. So! Pick your occupation now! :D
A&A | FxF |

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Alcandre

I'm so interested! I would also like My character to be a mechanic. A lesbian mechanic. How stereotypical! Lol.

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Lustful Bride

why must you create so many amazing Group games? :P

la dame en noir

Quote from: Lustful Bride on July 26, 2016, 02:30:46 PM
why must you create so many amazing Group games? :P

Well, I'm hoping this one lasts. I've had the concept in mind for months now...
A&A | FxF |

Miroque

I would love to play the scientist or the Captain.. althou Im submissive (irl) I think I could pull off pretty good captain..

If there is "psionics" (force/what ever) I would throw my hat to that ... (maybe cook or translator in that case)

Character will be human female in any case.. or genetically altered human (transhuman, being genetically made "perfect")

Lustful Bride

Quote from: la dame en noir on July 26, 2016, 02:31:56 PM
Well, I'm hoping this one lasts. I've had the concept in mind for months now...

I feel you :/

Though most of my group games died because I suck as a GM.

So how will the crew work when they are in the ship? Something like FTL where every crew member augments the section they run and control?

"Emergency power to the shields! Divert power from the Scanners to the lasers!" :P

I kind of want to run the Sensor Suite or something similar.

la dame en noir

Quote from: Miroque on July 26, 2016, 02:33:10 PM
I would love to play the scientist or the Captain.. althou Im submissive (irl) I think I could pull off pretty good captain..

If there is "psionics" (force/what ever) I would throw my hat to that ... (maybe cook or translator in that case)

Character will be human female in any case.. or genetically altered human (transhuman, being genetically made "perfect")

Take your time and think about a concept. I'm still working on the world building thread at the moment.

As for captains/commanders - I would prefer the character be genetically human. Whether they're sexually submissive or not does not hinder their work ethic. However, I do not want push over or meek characters.
A&A | FxF |

la dame en noir

Quote from: Lustful Bride on July 26, 2016, 02:34:40 PM
I feel you :/

Though most of my group games died because I suck as a GM.

So how will the crew work when they are in the ship? Something like FTL where every crew member augments the section they run and control?

"Emergency power to the shields! Divert power from the Scanners to the lasers!" :P

I kind of want to run the Sensor Suite or something similar.

That'll be something I'll add to the combat side of things in the world building thread. Most fighting will happen on level ground - instead of air combat. This is mostly because its a space exploration ship and not a military ship. Things will change as the story progresses, but its not something to worry about at the moment.
A&A | FxF |

Lustful Bride

Quote from: la dame en noir on July 26, 2016, 02:37:45 PM
That'll be something I'll add to the combat side of things in the world building thread. Most fighting will happen on level ground - instead of air combat. This is mostly because its a space exploration ship and now a military ship. Things will change as the story progresses, but its not something to worry about at the moment.

Okay ^_^

Miroque

@GM: so will there be "psionics"/force/what not ?

And yea, thats why I stated that I might not be the best choise for captain, as she/he needs to be quite strong willed.

I have no problem of making character to this setting.

la dame en noir

Space magic? Yes - I'm still figuring out what to call it and the logistics of it. My world building thread is still a work in progress. I'm currently just trying to put together information on the alien race.
A&A | FxF |

Miroque

Allrighty then. I got my application "idea" set.

Translator of the ship, trained in secluded space monastery, run by wierd occultist females of (most?) races, who had the connection to the invisible spacemagic.

Ann Hisenburg, 17 year old acolyte of the order, on her first mission outside the (Bene-Gessarit) monastery, where she was birthed (in tubes), to raise the awarness of the order in the galaxy around them.
Psi/force abilities: Telepathic comunication (gives her basicly ability to talk with any alien species), Empathic rapport (she feels what people feel around her, and she cant control this ability yet).

la dame en noir

I like the idea, but she will be a bit too young for the crew. I'll post the character sheet here once I've garnered enough interest! :D
A&A | FxF |

Lustful Bride

*Cant decide if I want to play Engineer or Weapons expert.*

But I do have a possible idea that she was secretly contacted by a Human Supremacy group *cough* not Cerberus*cough* and either blackmailed or convinced to try and make sure certain goals of this group occur.

Just a possibility.

Miroque

@GM: Age was thrown in there, to point she's young and naive... streight out of Bene-Gessarit monastery

la dame en noir

Quote from: Lustful Bride on July 26, 2016, 03:03:31 PM
*Cant decide if I want to play Engineer or Weapons expert.*

But I do have a possible idea that she was secretly contacted by a Human Supremacy group *cough* not Cerberus*cough* and either blackmailed or convinced to try and make sure certain goals of this group occur.

Just a possibility.

It would make sense considering a world power is having them go to this cluster of stars even though Alanar refused. If you have something more indepth, PM it to me.
A&A | FxF |

la dame en noir

Quote from: Miroque on July 26, 2016, 03:05:29 PM
@GM: Age was thrown in there, to point she's young and naive... streight out of Bene-Gessarit monastery
ah okay lol
A&A | FxF |

la dame en noir

@Lustful - which position would you like to reserve?
A&A | FxF |

Aida Rose

Could I reserve navigator? Is that how it works?