Taken, a Game of the Captive (DnD 3.5 or PF) (NC-EX)

Started by ShadowFox89, January 27, 2012, 08:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

The idea is simple. The players have been captured. The general details are left up to the group to decide. What I am looking for is 3-4 players for a 3.5 dungeons and dragons, 8th level game. Chances are your characters will be tortured, abused, etc. General unpleasant things.

I'm not looking for any crunch from people for now, but merely discussion on what you would be expecting from the game.

Here's the character generation rules:
Pathfinder for the most part. If the feat or class you are looking for isn't in Pathfinder, ask me first.
40pt buy for ability scores
Level 8
No starting wealth, but put up a reasonable wishlist (no Sphere of Annihilation or the like)
Make sure to note the things you absolutely do not want happen to your character
Call me Shadow
My A/A

kongming

Hmm. Could be interesting. Given having stats wouldn't make sense if all that was going to happen was "tortured and abused, forever in captivity", I assume one of the following is in your plans:
1. We get a chance to escape (and it becomes an adventure of fleeing, trying to reach a safehaven and eventually looking for revenge/justice)
2. They give us a chance to earn our freedom with some kind of quest or mission (one that's important enough globally that we wouldn't just skip out and run for freedom - or with some kind of oversight)
3. Part of the captivity also involves small dungeoncrawls or gladiator battles for their amusement/to slowly test our worth (to be told "the real reason for all this" before sending us out to do some important thing)/to gradually corrupt us to their worldview to become their next wave of generals.

Do you have a specific one of these in mind?

I'd be interested in playing, probably a character who appears to be in her late teens, so sort of young and innocent, causing the torturers to be less "rape, hot coals and barbed scourges" and more "spanking and molesting" - whether because they think she'll break if they don't go easier, or because they want to humiliate her by making a big deal of her apparent youth. And preferably... I'm personally into girls not guys, so perhaps some of the captors could be sadistic females, who take a shine to doing things to my character?

As for actual race/class/whatever, I'm not sure yet. Sort of depends on how easygoing you are with what's available. If you were thinking "basic PHB characters only" I'd probably go Elf Wizard. If a wider variety of WotC books are allowed, then maybe a Human Beguiler (with some of the Fiendish Heritor feats to sort of make her basically a "lesser succubus").
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

ShadowFox89

I'll put up a list of books allowed.

As to your questions- Possible to one of the three, or multiple. I like giving players choices. You could escape or work for them. You could try and kill one in their sleep and escape, or make your way to the top of the ladder.

Questions for the players-

1) Do you want to start knowing each other? Obviously, this would be easiest for me.

2) What are your limits are far as torturing your characters? I'm not going to go out and do something that a person isn't comfortable with, though I do intend to push the edges a bit.

3) What sort of setting would you like? As far as created settings, I only have the Eberron book and even then only the base book.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

yesiroleplay

I played in a game very like this over on RPoL many years ago - maybe 6 years back?  It lasted quite a while, and the basic premise was "you got nabbed by the Magistrate of Waterdeep for ____ and sentenced to death for your crime."  We had freedom to decide if our characters were actually guilty of the crimes we were convicted of, and we didn't have to share this with the other players.

They threw us into the Underdark and took bets on how well we did - sort of a Running Man premise complete with near-omniscient surveillance.  It wasn't an adult game, but it was fun.

I'd be interested in something like this.

Bloody Rose

I have some experience with Pathfinder but not with the actual AD&D. I want to join however i would need help with the character sheet creation.

ShadowFox89

The only reason I have it as 3.5 is because that's what I have the most source material for. If we get enough people who prefer Pathfinder, we can switch to that.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Bloody Rose

Anyways depending on what you offer i might offer a char, both of them the same premise or idea.

kongming

Quote1) Do you want to start knowing each other? Obviously, this would be easiest for me.

I'm certainly okay with knowing the others, even working on a group background. If others want to all meet up in custody though, I can do that too.

Quote2) What are your limits are far as torturing your characters? I'm not going to go out and do something that a person isn't comfortable with, though I do intend to push the edges a bit.

Well, I'm... for the things I do like, I go fairly extreme, but it's a kind of narrow field. I'd say a definite no to mutilation, burning (beyond branding), cutting/impaling (piercing such as to give nipple piercings or whatever is okay), urination/defecation, animals, very animalistic looking humanoids (were-creatures in hybrid form and most things that are considered "furry". Minor features are in the "completely okay" area)

I don't really want, but won't flee from, intelligent undead (that aren't rotting), male rapists, being hit in "non sexy" ways (out of combat, that is - in combat, anything goes) such as actually punching, or any kind of striking to the head, being spat upon.

Things I'm totally fine with include being molested or raped by females (including strap-ons or other objects being inserted by them), being forced (physically grabbed and held down, or the "If you don't, then we'll do X") to provide oral (to either entrance, as long as it's clean) on females, being pinched, branded, tattooed, pierced, spanked, whipped, caned, cropped (etc. etc. And although the buttocks are a wonderful place for that, the thighs, calves, anus, breasts and crotch are also on the 'yes' list), having painful things (nettles, ginger root, chillis) inserted/scrubbing with rough bristles, being tied up in various ways (hogtied, shibari, etc.), being mounted on various punishment devices (vaulting horses, sibians, the triangular things that you sit on that dig into the crotch) and so on.

Quote3) What sort of setting would you like? As far as created settings, I only have the Eberron book and even then only the base book.

Honestly, I'm usually more interested in the characters than in the greater picture of the world, so it doesn't matter - it could be a specific setting, one of your own creation, or a basically generic one.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

ShadowFox89

Quote from: kongming on January 27, 2012, 10:08:51 PM
Well, I'm... for the things I do like, I go fairly extreme, but it's a kind of narrow field. I'd say a definite no to mutilation, burning (beyond branding), cutting/impaling (piercing such as to give nipple piercings or whatever is okay), urination/defecation, animals, very animalistic looking humanoids (were-creatures in hybrid form and most things that are considered "furry". Minor features are in the "completely okay" area)

All fine. I'm not planning to take things to such an extreme. Be aware that there might be certain players interested in playing anthromorphic characters.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

kongming

That doesn't worry me - I just would like skim over what happens with them. I mean, I don't expect my preferences to dictate what other people play, they can be three-dicked half-ooze half sea-urchin zombies if they like (well, within confines of the rules and genre of the game of course).

I just wouldn't want such things having sex with my character.

Ons/Offs:

ShadowFox89

Another option is to start with a small group (2-3) of players and gradually introduce more as people get interested. Possibly even some captors turning into the captives.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Bloody Rose

I was rather thinking of a huge guy that everybody fears at start but has a heart of gold. He could do some serious damage with only his strength but haven't found a reason to fight yet. You know.... the big giant gentle soul hehe

kongming

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 27, 2012, 11:04:51 PM
Another option is to start with a small group (2-3) of players and gradually introduce more as people get interested. Possibly even some captors turning into the captives.

Heh, "today's warden is tomorrow's inmate"? That could work though, yeah.

I prefer 3.X to Pathfinder because I'm more familiar with it, but I can do either. I know PF has their own srd somewhere.

And I like making character sheets, so I can pretty much do so once the specific system and sources, how ability scores are allocated etc. are decided.

Ons/Offs:

Snake

Color me interested but third level is too paltry. You can't do much with it but given the situation it makes sense.

Kimera

Interested if their is still room

D&D and pathfinder are my preferred systems so no problems there  ;D

Bloody Rose

It's there much difference between AD&D 3.5 and Pathfinder rules?

ShadowFox89

Not a whole lot. Pathfinder is a lot more streamlined.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Bloody Rose

ShadowFox89

Skills are condensed, you get perks for staying in one class, there are only two different base attack lines. Feats are gained at every odd level, grappling rules don't involve a thousand rolls.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Snake

They're actually officially interchangable. So you can play a 3.5 game with some pathfinder aspects plugged in.

Callie Del Noire

Bloody Rose

ShadowFox89

I like pathfinder because it's very easy to use. I like 3.5 because it's what I'm most familiar with.

Mixing the two can also work.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Callie Del Noire

I like pathfinder. I got most of its stuff in Herolab so I can build and tweak easily enough.

Kimera