Doomtown (A Deadlands RPG/Interest Check)

Started by Ciosa, February 23, 2013, 04:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phaia

Quote from: Crash on March 04, 2013, 02:59:13 PM
Well considering she IS one of the unsavory types. ;)

:o :o :o
**Gasps**

Lady Elisabeth is English she is NOT unsavory...she is open minded!!

Not at all like  the prudes that those ladies from the chruch auxcillary are!!

Open....Minded!!!

*Nods frimly*

Phaia

Crash

Ahh, that is what they are calling it now.  :)

Well Agatha is 23 and single, Irish and works with volatile machines.  I'm sure that makes her the unsavory type in most eyes in the Wild West.

Sorry dear, you are so deliciously unsavory it hurts. ;)

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Aiden

Marcus is not an unsavory type, he is far from an outlaw.

yesiroleplay

Margeurite isn't unsavory!

She's the very top layer of the cream of society, she's attended balls in both White Houses and she's been presented at Court in London.  She's even visited Paris, France - with her father and against her mother's admonition, but still!  She rides as well as any cowboy, but she sits side-saddle, her manners and her dress are impeccable.

Never mind those nasty rumors coming out of the Chinese slums in Sodom, they can't possibly be true.

Phaia

Quote from: yesiroleplay on March 04, 2013, 03:47:38 PM
Margeurite isn't unsavory!

She's the very top layer of the cream of society, she's attended balls in both White Houses and she's been presented at Court in London.  She's even visited Paris, France - with her father and against her mother's admonition, but still!  She rides as well as any cowboy, but she sits side-saddle, her manners and her dress are impeccable.

Never mind those nasty rumors coming out of the Chinese slums in Sodom, they can't possibly be true.

ooo she has been to court in london so has Lady Boyle, she has even met Queen Victoria with her father [Science advisor to the Foregin service] ya have to stop by for the latest [2month old] London Papers!
as for the chinese slums....well we wont mention any rumors from down there....maybe

Phaia

yesiroleplay

Quote from: Phaia on March 04, 2013, 04:31:58 PM
ooo she has been to court in london so has Lady Boyle, she has even met Queen Victoria with her father [Science advisor to the Foregin service] ya have to stop by for the latest [2month old] London Papers!
as for the chinese slums....well we wont mention any rumors from down there....maybe

Phaia
PRESENTED at Court.  Technically, that means formally introduced to the Queen - though for Margeurite the whole affair was rather impersonal.  She only saw Victoria in the Audience Chamber, as the Queen elected not to attend the ball later that evening.

Crash

Quote from: Phaia on March 04, 2013, 04:31:58 PM

Phaia

Oh yes we will.  I am sure Marguerite will be a topic of conversation at Ladies Tea, as will the slums.  Marguerite is too yummy not to bring up

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Ciosa

The OOC Thread is now up, as are the related Doomtown threads promised earlier.  Please feel free to post your Public Knowledge sheet, if your character has been approved.

xPeachyPuff

Awesome. Bookmarking and such now. (:

-xSRx

Aiden

yesiroleplay

By the way...

What is "Veteran o' the Weird West"? 

It's a 0-point edge so I imagine any upside is balanced by a down-side.

Ciosa

Quote from: yesiroleplay on March 04, 2013, 07:16:43 PM
By the way...

What is "Veteran o' the Weird West"? 

It's a 0-point edge so I imagine any upside is balanced by a down-side.

It's a mixed bag - it grants bonus skill points, but it also comes with a completely random flaw.  There's a particular story requirement to earn it, so in the interest of not divulging spoilers, I'm preferring that only players who are familiar with and have played Deadlands before take it.  The hindrance can be pretty crippling; things like insanity, blindness, the loss of a limb, a 5 pt enemy...

CarnivalOfTheGoat

I believe I shall have to throw my hat into the ring. With all of these freewheeling women and their improper attitudes towards behavior and knowledge, I imagine Gomorra could use a fresh young schoolmarm.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Crash

Ciosa

Ciosa

Just as a general note - I'm intending the game to go live tomorrow, but that should in no way deter people interested in joining or creating characters.  The more the merrier.

esclavage

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on March 06, 2013, 09:58:34 PM
I believe I shall have to throw my hat into the ring. With all of these freewheeling women and their improper attitudes towards behavior and knowledge, I imagine Gomorra could use a fresh young schoolmarm.

I saw this and wanted to say that I'm looking forward seeing her around.  School marms are always fun, especially in a town such as Gomorra.   :-)

I saw pale kings and princes too // Pale warriors, death-pale were they all;
They cried—“La Belle Dame sans Merci hath thee in thrall!”  -- John Keats, 1884 

Writing Drabbles - Sampler Platter
Plot Ideas -  Darkstalkers, League of Legends, Drow, X-Men, Avengers, Pokemon!!!
Posting Order -  Check Here If You Write With Me!

Dhi

It would be fantastic to have a character with connection to Gomorra's schoolchildren. Onneca is a civic-minded character and I've already hinted at her love for the local children with the bodega description here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=167462.msg7849213#msg7849213

It would also be excellent for Onneca to have some sort of friend or associate who wouldn't approve of her lifestyle, as so far everybody she knows seems to potentially be just fine with it, and I would like to represent the attitudes of the times in some way so that her angst makes sense. More harsh words, fewer coming out parties with a saloon girl popping out of a cake.

Crash

I agree Dhi.  I fully expect Agatha to have trouble from others regarding her sexuality.

auroraChloe

this game looks awesome.  love the setting (the wild west, that is.)  just wanted to say so!

a/a 8/21/17

Sindra

Quote from: auroraChloe on March 22, 2013, 07:55:55 PM
this game looks awesome.  love the setting (the wild west, that is.)  just wanted to say so!

Hi auroraChloe,

If you are interested, we're still open for players!  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Ciosa or myself and we would be happy to answer them.

Thanks!
Sindra

Phaia

come on down cowboy or cowgirl or injun...or gambler even

its is all good we are just getting up and going even though lots of posts not out of first game week

Phaia

Crash

Yep, it is a great time to join.  We are just getting started.

auroraChloe

a/a 8/21/17

yesiroleplay