Of Earth, Water, Fire and Air (FULL)

Started by bubby, September 12, 2012, 04:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

The Queen has ruled for 100 years, with blood and magic. She has the Power to control ALL the elements utterly, but her corruption of nature and spirit has brought the Land to begin to die. Her armies are vast and ruthless. When she should be using her Power to help the land, she takes it into herself to make herself stronger. Once a year she goes to a secret place to perform a ritual that cements her complete control again, that allows her to retain her youth, beauty, and strength.

The Queen has spies and assassins everywhere, and has systematically killed anyone she has heard of with any inkling towards elemental powers. But somehow four young people managed to slip under her radar. Four Hero's the Prophecies have told about to be those that come together to defeat the Queen and bring the Land back to its former glory. The Rebel's have been gathering, becoming more prevalent, nipping at the Queens heels like an annoying ferret.

The time has come.

Kingdom of Glavnon

This is a re-try of this game. I have changed some elements in it to hopefully make things move along more smoothly then my last attempt.

To begin the story, each Elemental will come into their Powers on their 18th birthday. They will not know they have the Power until an event (up to player) causes them to use their Element simply by instinct. Each Elemental will be in a separate part of the Kingdom, having grown up in different environments, and will end up coming together in the Queens City. How this happens is up to the players.

1) I plan on this being a Sandbox style game, though as GM I will toss ideas out as they come to me during play. This requires the players to interact on their own and move the story along on their own -for the most part-.

2) I am a bit picky when it comes to post length. I expect players to put effort into their posts, and be descriptive. By no means do they need to be a book, but at least a couple paragraphs per post is expected.

3) This WILL NOT be a fast paced game. I personally can't really post more then once a week, and that's if my muse isn't being a bitch. I don't expect any more from those involved. If it does move faster between other players that's fine. All I ask is a head up on occasion if someone is waiting on a post.

4) Though no deaths of players is planned, (except the Queen's eventually), I want players willing to take damage. NO GOD-MODING WILL BE ALLOWED. This means if you plan on attacking another character, PM THEM with your ideas first. But if you allow something to happen to your char, be open about it! Trust me, when the Queen gets ahold of you char, you're gunna get smacked around a bit!

Characters Needed

Elementals:
Water needed! This char needs to be female, and it is not a first come first serve basis. I'll be making the choice.

*I have players already for Earth(Wolfy), Air(Lady Lunarius), and Fire(Shade)*

Queens Hunters:
*Lead Hunter has been filled by Veluux*

These are people utterly loyal to the Queen. They will be the ones dispatched to harry the Elementals and Rebels and bring them before the Queen. I am also seeking players willing to make attempts to be the Queens most loyal subject. Can you say fanatic?  >:)

Rebels:
*Veluux will be playing a Rebel sage, one who has had knowledge passed down to him from his ancestors on the Elements, and past Elementals*

Of course we need players who are tired of the Queen and her shit! Who is willing to try and take her and her Hunters out? There is also the opportunity to become someone who will train our Elementals, and they will need it. Our Heros are but pups, and will need guidance not only in life, but in how to use their new found Power.

The goal in the game is to have the 4 Elementals come together eventually, and train together to defeat the Queen. This will not be an easy task. This game has the potential for many avenues, from battle to intrigue, from loyalty to turning traitor.

Show me your interest, and if I get enough I'll post up a char sheet template. Feel free to ask any questions, or even PM me if you wish. Those of you who were in the previous game, go ahead and post up your revamped characters when you have them!

azzmeister89

i'll take up the elemental of water, this sounds like it could be fun

bubby

Crap. *Pets azz* Sorry darlin'.

This is totally my fault, but Water needs to be female. *Grumbles about always forgetting shit and goes to change more stuff*

azzmeister89

is there a possibility of adding a character that uses lightning? perhaps a fifth elemental who is being forced to work for the queen but might later join the others?

bubby

No hun, sorry. The 5th Element is Spirit, and that is used by the Queen alone. Nice idea though!

I do have much need for Hunters or Rebels though!

azzmeister89

awwwww and i was inspired by my retro power rangers watching craving for that one too, ah well, i suppose i could try for one of those

RipTide

I'm interested in taking up the water elemental if you'll have me. :)

Posting Rate = 1-2 posts/story/week

What Does a Siren Crave? === What Does a Siren Prefer?

bubby

Quote from: RipTide on September 13, 2012, 09:51:25 AM
I'm interested in taking up the water elemental if you'll have me. :)

You got it!

I need Hunters and Rebels! They are and integral part of the story!

Sussurus

I'd be willing to play a Hunter... or several, as I assume they're likely to get killed off by the protagonists eventually.  ::)

bubby

Welcome Sussurus!

And actually yes, if you are willing to make expendable Hunters that would be perfect!

I will be putting up my Queens char sheet a bit later to give more of a taste for people. My Lead Hunter/ Rebel Sage has a work 9 days/ has 5 days off schedule, so it might be a bit before we see his profiles, and my Air Elemental should be having a baby right now, so it'll be a few days before I hear from her as well. I will be poking my Earth and Fire to place up their char sheets.

Here is the char sheet template. Strengths ans weaknesses are important!

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Physical Description:[/b]
[b]Affiliation/Title:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Strengths:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]

Sussurus

Cool. :)  Some more info on the general tech/magic/weaponry level would be great, as well as the likely backgrounds for the Hunters -- would they have begun as soldiers, mercenaries, trained up as Hunters from the beginning, etc.

bubby

*Is once again reminded that she seriously lacks smarts in this GMing thing*  ::)

My apologies, you are totally correct.

This is a Medieval style game. There is no tech. Horses are the transport, and falcons are used for messages. Magic is reserved for the Queen alone, and the 4 Elementals, and this is only Elemental Power.  Anyone, and I do mean anyone showing even a hint of said Power is eliminated by the Queen in a deliciously horrific manner.  >:) This includes Hunters. (If anyone is willing to make a Hunter who tries just to have him/her gain the Queens anger, have at it!)

It is important to remember the Queen has been ruling for 100 years. So anyone she has with her now would not have memory of much of her lengthy reign. Hunters can be a soldier who's been promoted to Hunter, indeed a mercenary who wants nothing but to please the Queen, or someone who wanted nothing but to be one from the time they could wield a sword.

The last time I tried this game I had a Hunter who was beginning to abhor killing all the time. He was starting to gain a conscience, unbeknownst to the Queen of course. He did as he was told, but was on his way to abdicating for sure. I welcome this sort of Hunter as well!

Sussurus

No worries, I'd basically assumed most of that, just wanted to confirm. :)

Okay, one of my Hunters is definitely an illicit elementalist. Very minor, obviously... just enough to be tempted to use it, and for word to (eventually) get back to the queen.  >:)

Last question, at least until I think of more... gender roles: Would female Hunters be ordinary? Exceptional? Non-existent unless pretending to be male?

bubby

My Lead Hunter is female, played by Veluux, a male. She be a crazy bitch too! Either gender for Hunter is fine.

Sussurus

Awesome. I'll come up with some characters, then.  ;D

bubby

BEHOLD THE QUEEN: HER HISTORY SHOULD GIVE HINTS TO BUILDING CHARS FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO BE EITHER HUNTER OR REBEL

Name:Queen Saryana

Physical Description   

History:She was born into Clan nobility, so very long ago. She was raised in wealth and privlidge. Though she was a high-born daughter, she was the only one, surrounded by brothers. It was with those brothers she was taught the basics of battle. How to ride, how to grip a sword. Yet one silent night Raiders fell upon them, killing her family, and being taken as a slave herself, as well as her entire Clan. Yet she refused to succumb. Even as the raiders swept through the land she knew and took prisoners, she did as she was told, always, quickly becoming a favorite. She watched, she listened. She became very close to the old Raider Witch, helping the woman with anything and everything, learning all she could. Slowly but surely, she was becoming quite formidable. She was learning how to control the Elements, the Witch always praising her for her quick mind, for her skills.

Though she was culling favor with her captors, she was also gaining friends with the prisoners. She was vibrant, outspoken in winning free of their captors, a born leader. She was dynamic and soon enough had many willing to follow her lead, so when the night came that she said it was time, the Rebellion that she herself began swept through the Raiders, killing them all. She killed with sword, and she killed with magic. Her skills at both were immense already.

Time went by, and she became Queen. Righteous and well loved. She used her ever more considerable Power to help those in need, leading her growing armies to eradicate any who dared to think to take over what she was building as her own. But, as time continued to go by, things began to change. She spent much time delving into the Occult, and how to gain complete control of all the Elements, finally coming across an ancient ritual she began to use faithfully. Yet, she had to be the best, the strongest, the most Powerful. She began to send her armies out to kill any who dealt in magic, especially those who had even a whisper of Elemental Power. She would lead many a battle herself, bathing in blood. Eventually, she became the ruthless woman she is now. Stunningly beautiful, able to kill with a thought, or a blade. Enjoying her singular rule. Many who had been at her side when she was kind left, but there were those that stayed, worshiping her for the Goddess she believed she was.

Now the land is slowly dying, all due to the rituals she performs to strengthen herself. The Rebellion she once lead now seeks to rid themselves of her. Whispers of the Prophecy of the Four coming true reach her ears. She sends out her assassins on a regular basis. She does not fear the Prophecy.

Maybe she should....

Strengths:Complete and utter control of all Elements, massive armies, formidable assassins, let alone the capability of wielding a wicked sword herself. The fact that she has ruled by fear and blood and magic for so long few remember the time when it wasn't so.

Weaknesses: Hubris. During the time she is working her Elemental ritual and for a period of a day after she is weakened, and vulnerable. (Trying to get to her during this time is a feat unto itself though.)

Starlequin

...Did i join this one last time? Or am I doing that thing again where I remember stuff that didn't really happen? Anyway, I'd like to join thissun! I've got a Rebel fella who's sitting around gathering dust, so I could mod him up to fit...yknow, if you're interested. :D
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

bubby

*Snatches Star up and squeezes and loves and adores and everything!!*

No you didn't join this one, but ya know, I'm so damn popular and shizz you're probably just mixing up all the glorious things I tend to be involved in.... ::)

Anyway! *Snerkles* You are of COURSE welcome to make a Rebel! I'd love to have you!

bubby

Quote from: Shade on June 12, 2012, 01:44:04 PM
Name: Korren

Physical Description:

Affiliation/Title: Fire elemental/soon-to-be rebel

History:
Korren's parents were the bakers in the village they lived in. From an early age he liked being around the bakery’s oven, despite his parent’s warnings that it was too hot for him. The heat never bothered him. He actually found it comforting. As he got older, he started helping out at the bakery, working in back with the oven as much as possible.

Korren did not have many friends growing up. When he was about 9, some older kids started to pick on him. They soon found out that Korren had a pretty explosive temper and was pretty scrappy. By the time the fight was broken up, two of the kids had black eyes, and another had a tooth knocked out. But Korren was worse off, getting some cracked ribs.  After that, most kids stayed away from him, afraid of his temper.  Those who did approach him were usually trying to pick a fight to prove how tough they were. Even though he did his best to control his temper, more often than not they would get to him and get the fight they wanted.

Strengths:
Korren has a lot of experience with hand to hand combat from all of the fights he has been in. His fighting style is brutal and efficient, as he tries to end fights as quickly as he can to avoid injury himself. 

Weaknesses:
Despite his efforts, Korren is extremely prone to anger, easy to goad. This, combined with his usual level of impulsiveness can cause him to get in over his head before he realizes how much trouble he is in.

bubby

Quote from: Wolfy on May 12, 2012, 11:10:39 PM
Name: Sam McKnight
Physical Description:
Affiliation/Title: Brawler/Earth Elemental.
History:
Born in a small fishing village on the outskirts of the kingdom, Sam grew up in relative peace with his parents, living with Mom and Dad as he grew up and learned about the world, language, and their trade, which was, of course, fishing. Learning how to fish came naturally to him, but it was learning how to swim that gave him trouble. Sam nearly drowned twice at the age of 10 while trying to swim, though luckily he was saved both times by his father, who continued to teach him despite these small set backs. Eventually, Sam learned how to swim extremely well, which made him even more proficient at his trade. Sam was also taught how to fight by his father, becoming adept at using his fists to do his talking, if it was needed.

Sam's village was quite a poor one, but they managed to scrape by together, drawing close as a community to strengthen each other under the rule of the evil queen, as well as staying out of conflict with the rebellion. This proved to be too hopeful, however, as the Queen's men came demanding more tributes for her Majesty, as well as demanding room and board. Unable to refuse the Queen's men on penalty of death, they were allowed to stay in the village, where Sam witnessed first hand their evil deeds, raping and plllaging everything in the village that they could get their hands on, and the Townsfolk couldn't lay a hand on them.

The next morning, there was an attack on the village as the Queen's men slept. Sam was away in the river at the time, but he could see the smoke, and hear the screams, as well as being able to see the rebellion's colors in the distance. The Queen's men were being attacked by the rebel army, but so too were the villagers, who were thought to be allied with the Queen, and were forced to fight because of her men. Sam watched, at the age of 17, as his family was killed along with the rest of his village, and quickly ran away and hid until they had gone. Now approaching 18, he is moving to pick up the pieces and try to start a new life, unaware that the awakening of his elemental powers will push him directly into the conflict..as well as directly into the arms of both the Queen, and the Rebel army itself. two factions that he detests for what they've done.
Strengths: Strong Swimmer, Strong Fighter, Sam is an athletic young man who is as adept at using his tongue as he is with his fists, able to talk the talk and walk the walk, as it were. Most times he isn't one to back down from a fight, or even leave a fight go unfinished. He knows how to fish, as well as how to cook, for the most part, and has a strong connection to the earth, as well as being nimble and flexible.
Weaknesses: While Sam is one to nearly never back down from a fight, he also has a tendency to get into fights that he has no hope of winning, much to the annoyance of those who would prefer him alive. Being a fisherman by trade, he knows how to fish, but that's about it, as far as catching food goes. He can catch plenty of fish, but snaring an animal or knowing what kind of berries to eat and not eat is something that falls outside of what he can handle. He is also quite reckless, doing anything to win a fight, even if it means letting himself get wounded to get the upper hand.

bubby

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on June 22, 2012, 12:32:17 AM
Name: Nouvie

Association: Wander/Rebel/Air Elemental

History: The Plains of Tiskele were never a place for someone like Nouvie. She knew it, there was so much more out there to learn about, to see. Her dream, it would be lived out it would be reached. Ever since childhood she found herself tethered, allowed only to see what her father would have her see. Her mother, the cause for her daughters near imprisonment, was no where to be found. As curious as her mother, her father feared he'd lose the only thing the woman had given him if he allowed her to venture on her own.

Though not rich by any means, he held many sums that allowed for him to live just above his status, and thus allowed for him to hire guards to protect his assets. His daughter included. When Nouvie was sixteen her father allowed her to roam in some nearby fields, a guard in tow. The man was gentle, kind, and in Nouvie's impressionable mind; in love with her and she with him. Their talks grew long and her wants were his to know. Their romance grew, and their love began to grow more as they talked on leaving, running away. Most the idea's coming from Nouvie.

It was the night of her first kiss, her first feeling of a man's hand upon her body, her hips, her entire being. Somehow her father had found out about it, and shattered it before she was "ruined". Her fantasies and desires were all uprooted and torn away from her as she watched the life leave the eyes of the man who'd given her more than anyone. Her innocence shattered, Nouvie tried on multiple occasions to flee, to run and live her own life. However after the sixth attempt she found herself tethered to her bed by her ankle. Just enough chain to allow her a view from the window, to weep the freedom she was denied.

There were times where she could nearly talk the guards into freeing her but her father always found out about it. Suitors who watched her in her window would come but were turned away by her father. He could not lose the one person that reminded him of her mother. It was just a week after her 18th birthday that she awoke with a strange feeling rushing through her. As she moved to slip from beneath her covers she let out a soft squeal as her body brushed the cieling of her bedroom.

Her body immediately dropped to the floor, and footsteps could be heard. Unsure of what had happened she tried to go along with the worry that was flooding the household from the noise of her dropping to the floor.  Unsure of what it was, she begged her luck not to leave her as the men rushed in, her father behind them his eyes searching the room.

She wimpred and pleaded, her eyes wide with fear as she tugged at the chain on her ankle. She begged to be unchained, telling them of a man who'd been in her room, who'd leapt from the window, which she always kept open for the wind helped her to sleep in the night. Reluctant at first, her father ordered the men to search the grounds, leaving one with her. She begged and pleaded with her guard to release her chains, her tears thick as her lies. Finally the man succumbed and unchained her.

Just then a gust of air rushed, knocking him back. Her body felt lighter and the noise had attracted the attention of the guards outside who rushed inside. Looking around, Nouvie limped to the window, her ankle sore from the leather that had been wrapped around it, rubbing it raw. Grabbign a dress she jumped her prayers with whatever magic had awoken. In her mind it was a handsome prince of the air that had sought to free her. As her body fell to the earth, she begged for it to slow her and a gentle breeze seemed to blow her to the ground and onto her feet.

Pulling herself onto one of the guards horses she pushed the beast hard, letting it take her as far as possible, but the poor beast could not keep up with her pace she drove it out and died within a few days. It was then Nouvie realized she had no clue as to where she was, and the excitement seemed to well up inside her. Soon she started to wander, eating what little rations were in the horse saddle.

She tried to stay from the towns but there were days where she was too hungry to pick strange berries some of which often made her sick. In some of the towns she embraced the pity of the innkeepers, spinning tales about her parents deaths, and their lives. Though she did learn quickly freedom wasn't all it had been in her mind. Especially when the nights grew cold, and the wind seemed to be her only protection.

Strengths: Unusually quick on her feet, Nouvie can out run quite a few animals,  At times she's found herself able to float in the air, or deflect objects thrown at her with the help of whatever powers she can control but even then it seems to have a mind of its own, which frightens her to some degree.

Weaknesses: Often flighty, and a bit naive, Nouvie's sheltered personality often is easily seen. She tends to have a harsh temper, many times as sharp as the wind and nearly as dangerous. Due to her sheltered life she has no real understanding on just what her powers mean, nor does she realize the truth that they hold. The truth that while she's free of her father for now, she has no other means of defending herself as she was never raised to wield a weapon.

Sussurus

Name: Elspeth Feldspar
Association
: Hunter

History
: Elspeth grew up hearing stories of the Queen, passed down from the great-grandmother who fought for her in the Rebellion. When she was seven, Elspeth declared that she, too, would fight for the Queen some day... and unlike many childish dreamers, she never wavered from that goal. After many years of training, she is now a proud Hunter.

Her younger sister is currently following in her footsteps... though she doesn't quite possess Elspeth's single-minded obsession with her goals. Her older sister is married, and has three children, who Elspeth dotes on -- one of the few signs of softness in this otherwise steely woman.

Strengths: Her skill with a sword is undeniable, and her fierce determination makes her a formidable foe in any context. She is also a minor fire elementalist, having learned that she can focus her will to heat up the metal of her enemy's weapons or armor. Knowing this ability to be proscribed, she is very careful about when and how she uses it. The only one who knows -- who's still alive -- is her younger sister.

Weaknesses: Her temper sometimes escapes her control... especially with anyone who so much as hints at disrespect of the Queen. Also, her single-minded devotion to honing her fighting abilities has left her with little in the way of social skills, or friends. She has never had a lover... although she has injured a few men who made too coarse of a pass at her.

bubby

OOhh Suss... I like her. It's going to be most wondrous fun when the Queen finds out about her penchant for Fire. Who will be the one to find out this little fact I wonder?

*Grins at Veluux*  ;)

Sussurus

Heh, thanks. And yes, that was my thinking... I'll try not to get too attached to her. ;)

RipTide

I'll try to have a character sheet up soon! Sorry for the delay.

Posting Rate = 1-2 posts/story/week

What Does a Siren Crave? === What Does a Siren Prefer?