Soul Calibur IV Special Characters

Started by Sabby, January 10, 2008, 07:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Ok... we've had special characters from the worlds of Spawn, Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy. They all kind of fit the scene, but... watch this trailer. It shows two new special characters. Are these guys desperate for recognized guests? Or just having a laugh?

http://au.gamespot.com/video/940047/6184536/videoplayerpop?

*snickers* gotta admit, its funny...

kongming

I was never a major fan of it - the main interest I have in the game can be summed up as the female cast, and I can only name a few of those, from the first one for PSX (Seung Mi Na, Taki, Sophitia... I think) - but watching this makes me hate Soul Calibur.

Yes, I dislike SW that much.

Bah, give me a real fighting game any day (Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Guilty Gear). None of this "3D" nonsense. Kids these days with their THIRD dimension and all... I don't know. Don't they realise the telly only shows two dimensions anyway? As much as people did try to peer around the corner of their monitor when Wolf 3D came out back in the old days...
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Sabby

I loved Cassandra, the gladiator girl. My Cassandra character in Heroines is practically stolen from her detail to detail.

But... Yoda... against Asteroth... thats worth a rental in itself.

And I like SC! Will be getting this one, definitely.

ZK

What Final Fantasy character in Soul Calibur? I have no idea what you're talking about hon. I think you might be thinking about Hieachi from the Tekken series (Also made by Namco), unless there is a character I don't know about.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Sabby

Ah... my mistake Zeekay. It was some fist fighter, wasn't it?

ZK

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Sabby

Ok, corrected. So... Vader and Asteroth... lol, much?

ZK

I'm on dial-up (Haven't been to my home with the sweet ten-meg connection in going on three weeks). Cannot watch videos.

Sabby

Oh... its hilarious. Standard fighting game teaser, show casing the characters and whatever it is they're reasons are in an almost non explored plot, then...

*Darth Vaders trade mark breathing*

Vader clashing lightsabre against Mitsurugi's katana, Yoda stopping Asteroth's axe... yep. Its no joke.

The Lotus Eater

Quote from: kongming on January 10, 2008, 08:13:15 PM
I was never a major fan of it - the main interest I have in the game can be summed up as the female cast, and I can only name a few of those, from the first one for PSX (Seung Mi Na, Taki, Sophitia... I think) - but watching this makes me hate Soul Calibur.

Yes, I dislike SW that much.

Bah, give me a real fighting game any day (Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Guilty Gear). None of this "3D" nonsense. Kids these days with their THIRD dimension and all... I don't know. Don't they realise the telly only shows two dimensions anyway? As much as people did try to peer around the corner of their monitor when Wolf 3D came out back in the old days...

Now this girl knows what she's talking about *nods sagely*

Particularly, my fighting game of choice is Guilty Gear, no competition.  Ooh, I should go dig that game out and play it right now...

But yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing some of Ivy's boobs-- I mean Soul Calibur IV.  I actually purchased III, so I must have liked it.  It needs to do something about it's lousy physics though.  A tiny girl juggling Astaroth in the air with Chinese straight sword? Hmm...
~~~