Recruitment Closed: DnD 4e: Tomb of (Possibly Sexual) Horrors

Started by NotoriusBEN, July 24, 2010, 12:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyzardWhately

Quote from: Kunoichi on July 26, 2010, 08:25:46 PM
I don't think so, no, so Wyz, if your extra gold covers the Extra Provisions item, I think we'd all appreciate it if you could pick it up. ^^;

I'll see what I can do.  I'm not sure if it's actually all that necessary, though.  ToH isn't really a mega-dungeon per se, in the sense that we might get lost in it for weeks on end or something.  Is running out of rations really that much of a concern?
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0
It's still really sketchy, though.
Here are my dice rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/player/WyzardWhately/

Kunoichi

...It is when you didn't buy rations in the first place because you needed the extra 5 gold to get a Heavy Shield. ^^;

WyzardWhately

Quote from: Kunoichi on July 26, 2010, 08:29:11 PM
...It is when you didn't buy rations in the first place because you needed the extra 5 gold to get a Heavy Shield. ^^;

We're starting out above first-level.  You only have to spend your GP on magic items, all mundane equipment is free.  Go hog wild.
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0

Kunoichi

Oh.  That I did not know.  In that case, 10 for the Heavy Shield, 50 for the Everburning Torch, and 10 each for the Silk Rope and Tent...

Anything I should spend 80 gold on, or should I just keep it as pocket change? >>;

WyzardWhately

To my mind, PCs who are as high-level as us should not have to scrabble for spare change if they want to purchase some item.  So, I recommend keeping a few gold on-hand.  But that's my own personal bias.

Ironwolf85

I need no rations... I bought my stuff and I have 472 gp and 3 copper remaining.
Sul is ready to go
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Ironwolf85

debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Kunoichi

So...  Why two-weapon fighting, if you don't mind my asking? ^^;

NotoriusBEN

Just recieved a PM from Chloe, here is the party as it stands.
7 brave adventurers will attempt Acererak's Tomb of (Possibly Sexual Horrors)

Isengrad...................Rolan d'Mendani....Elf Seeker
WyzardWhately........Damien...................Human Paladin/warlock
Kunoichi....................Lu Lushe...............Goliath Warlord
The Alchemist...........Kairon.....................Tiefling Artificer
Ixy............................Bryn........................Half-elf Paladin (possible touch up)
Ironwolf85................Sul Cypher..............Warforged Rouge :P
Chloe Milev...............Riya..........................Deva Psion (working on equipment)

I will try to have the IC thread created at Noon today, but I need to do some work for the office real quick first.  The IC thread will at *least* be created today.

Ironwolf85

sorry if my rogue (got it right yay!) development caused any headaches

Kunoichi

Oh, it wasn't too much of a problem for us.  You're the one who had to do most of the work, after all.

That said, if you're open to advice for your character, I might have a few suggestions to give... ^^;

Ironwolf85

sure I still need to write background...
I was thinking he started fighting dirty because it worked, and when peace came, put those talents to adventuring and exploration.
Sul had money but nothing to spend it on, no hobbies or pasttimes, eventually he was convinced to indulge his senses as a hobby. taking to art in all it's forms, sculpture, philophy, music, fine drink, and for touch... sex. That's why he has an adult attachment. To Sul making love is somthing to enjoy, like a fine wine. it's a way to enjoy himself and pass the time. only combat sturrs him with more vigor.

Kunoichi

Well, for starters, I think you've got a bit too much of a focus on Charisma for a Brutal Scoundrel Rogue. ^^; It's like you're trying to go in a lot of different ways at once, and that's basically going to keep you from really being able to do anything very well.  A more fitting stat spread, I think, would be...

Str: 16
Con: 14
Dex: 20
Int: 8
Wis: 10
Cha: 12

That way, you've still got a little Charisma, but you've got more damage from Strength to add onto your sneak attacks and a higher Con score for more survivability.  Your Intelligence takes a bit of a hit, but you don't need to be smart to be a soldier, an artist, or a Rogue, so...

Ironwolf85

hmmmm... kay
I'll do the editing this afternoon, I got a movie to see

Kunoichi

Alright. ^^; I also think you might want to switch a feat out for Melee Training, which will make your Melee Basic Attacks work off of Dexterity, rather than Strength.  That'll synergize with an encounter power I've got that will let you make a melee basic attack against someone with Combat Advantage, since you'll be able to add in Sneak Attack damage, as well.

You also may want the feat Backstabber, which increases your Sneak Attack damage from 2d6 to 2d8, although I don't think it will be strictly necessary...

NotoriusBEN

Brewing up an opening post. Tokens will be up soon as well...

Kunoichi

*is looking forward to seeing those tokens*

Ixy

Sorry for not having updated you already-- I settled on the pally.  The character's updated (human and has a tiny feat shuffle).  I'll finalize the inventory today... thanks to Orokos' "Update Character" feature you should have a record of the change and the links will still work.  I have an avatar image selected, it's in the 4eGenerator version, but that doesn't transfer so I'll PM an imgur link within the next 4 hours or so.

Isengrad

Oh, I need to have a picture for a token dont I, ill be right back with one

original artwork by karabiner

Ironwolf85

uuugh lots of editing... do more later... still Sul's going to be fun to play

NotoriusBEN

The IC thread is Set!

You can post an intro now. Various colors for mechanics to be listed soon.

question...

do you all value an OOC thread, or do you all want to use teal for OOC in the IC thread?

Kunoichi

I'd recommend getting an OOC thread, Ben.  I've done the other option before, and a lot of pages wound up getting spent doing nothing but talking, to the point where regular summaries had to be made about the latest developments in the RP because it was so difficult to read through it all...

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on July 27, 2010, 04:27:29 PM
uuugh lots of editing... do more later... still Sul's going to be fun to play

Er, your Strength should be 16, not 15. ^^; At 15, you've got one point left unspent for your attributes.  The original spread, before racial adjustments and level-based stat increases, is 12, 12, 18, 8, 10, 12.  +2 each to Strength and Constitution from being a Warforged, and then the level-based increases go towards Dexterity and Strength.

Anyway, for the feats, I'd recommend replacing Blade Opportunist with Melee Training, and then if you want Backstabber, you might find it better to replace Two-Weapon Fighting with it, and trade in one of your two weapons for some more equipment.

Also, now that I think about it, since I provide the entire party with a +2 bonus to initiative, you might get more mileage out of Quick Draw, rather than Improved Initiative.  It's only a +2 Initiative bonus, rather than a +4, but you also don't have to take any actions to draw your weapon, which can definitely come in handy.

Ironwolf85

I like an occ thread myself
okay I'll adjust it again

Kunoichi

Sorry to give you so much work, Ironwolf. ^^;

I might also have some recommendations on Power choices, as well, but if you don't want to do any more work at the moment, I don't think you'll do too badly with what you've got.

Ironwolf85

thanks... I just went for stuff that inflicted penalties or status effects