The Spark (5e, furry friendly, MtG inspired, noob friendly)

Started by TheSithChicken, January 18, 2018, 10:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

My sheet edited, so far my items are Sword of Vengeance (his katana and if GM allows, applies to wakisashi as well) and Boots of Striding and Springing. I know sword of vengeance is cursed but I did not find any details/stats about it, so need filled in how curse worked (know it makes weapon +1).

Lockepick

i haven't forgot this game! Sheet should be coming soon!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

TheSithChicken

NosCorventius

alright I have a character I built for a game that never got off the ground that I think would be perfect for this. How do you feel about a steampunk Frankenstein Monster? He's an engineer or tinkerer as they called them in Victorian times. I f You like the idea ill see about finding his sheet qnd pulling him out of cold storage.

~Nos~

TheSithChicken

Go ahead and pull him out. The worst I can say is no.

InoshimaLance

Still open up for new players?

I know my fair trade of the Multiverse related to MtG, can help with that. Is it possible to discuss a Homebrew version of an already existing class? Like adding new powers or changing them?

Lockepick

Just need to spend my 650 on Mundane equipment -- which is mostly just tools/gear since I don't need weapons or armor.

Name: Fumino
Race: Fox (Trickster)
Class: Warlock (Ashen Wolf Patron; Pact of the Blade)
Background: Criminal
Deity: Polytheistic -- No specific patron deity beyond the Ashen Wolf.

Proficiency Bonus: +3 | Hit Points: 33 / 33 | Armor Class: 17 | Speed: 30' | Passive Perception: 14
Strength 8
Save: -1
Athletics: -1
|
Dexterity 16
Save: +3
Acrobatics: +3
Sleight of Hand: +8
Stealth: +6
|
Constitution 13
Save: +3
|
Intelligence 10
Save: +0
Arcana: +3
History: +0
Investigation: +3
Nature: +0
Religion: +0
|
Wisdom 12
Save: +4
Animal Handling: +1
Insight: +1
Medicine: +1
Perception: +4
Survival: +1
|
Charisma 18
Save: +7
Deception: +7
Intimidate: +4
Performance: +4
Persuasion: +4

Racial Features

+2 Cha, +1 Dex
Size Medium
Speed 30ft
- Darkvision 60'
- Keen Senses: Proficiency in the Perception Skill.
- Tail Casting: You can perform the somatic gestures for spells with your tail. If a spell requires a somatic component, the Trickster must have free use of their tail or at least one hand to perform the gestures.
- Fata Morgana: Gain the 'Minor Illusion' Cantrip.
- Guise of the Fox: You can cast Disguise Self (Using Charisma as spellcasting ability), once per long rest.
|
Background Feature

Criminal Contact:
- You have a reliable and trustworthy contact who acts as your liaison to a network of other criminals. You know how to get messages to and from your contact, even over great distances; specifically, you know the local messengers, corrupt caravan masters, and seedy sailors who can deliver messages for you.
|
Class Features

- Patron: The Ashen Wolf
- Pact Magic (Charisma Based; 3 Cantrips, 6 Spells Known, 2 Spell Slots, 3rd Level Spells)
- Pact: Pact of the Blade
- Patron: Breath of Smoke (Action, 15' Cone of blistering embers. Targets must pass Spell DC or take Fire Damage equal to Level + CHA and are blinded for one minute. Blinded targets can make a new ST at the end of each of their turns to end the effect. Recovers on short rest. Also can breath/see normally in smoke or ash-filled air.)
- Invocation: Hide of Cinders (AC = 10 + DEX + CHA; When hit, can use reaction to deal Fire damage equal to CHA on attacker.)
- Invocation: Scorched Blade (Pact of the Blade is a Longsword, can choose to deal fire damage. If grappling a target while holding weapon, can deal fire damage equal to CHA at start of your turn. Damage this weapon deals treats immunity to fire as resistance to fire. Can use CHA for Attack/Damage rolls with this weapon.
- Invocation: Thirsting Blade (May attack twice with Pact Weapon when taking the Attack action.)

Proficiencies: Light Armor; Simple Weapons; Thieves' Tools & Gaming (Card) Set
Languages: Common + ?

Equipment

650 gp
- Gloves of Thievery: +5 to Open Locks and Sleight of Hand.
- Bag of Holding
-

Spells Known

Cantrips: Minor Illusion (Racial); Eldritch Blast; Mage Hand; Prestidigitation
1st: Charm Person; Hex
2nd: Invisibility; Suggestion
3rd: Fly; Haste

Plane of Origin: Zendikar - A dangerous plane of high risk and reward, with nature taking back where the old empires fell.

Description: Fumino stand shorter than most at 5'6", one of the smaller canines that are seen out adventuring. His body is slim and lithe, and always seems tense and at the ready. His fur is a dark, smokey grey, with a bright red that tinges the tips of his fur, as well as the tuft of hair atop his head, between pointed and alert ears. When in public places, he favors loose clothing that hide his silhouette and make him seem larger than he is, but when alone, he's more content in less clothing. Either way, he's always seen unarmed and unarmored, but ready for action.

History: Fumino came from a small tribe that lived in the jungles of Zendikar. Like many of the tribes there, they mostly thrived around hunting and trade with other tribes, of which Fumino was originally not very good at either. He tagged along with small packs as they went on hunts, mostly offering support, caring for weapons and armor, and carrying their supplies. During an especially dangerous hunt, he was backed into a corner, where the Ashen Wolf saw his potential and offered to give him the strength to truly join the hunt. With the Ashen Wolf's gift, he quickly brought home trophy after trophy, eventually going off on his own to take down prey that the rest of the village would have needed a pack for.

He eventually outgrew the area where his tribe lived, and decided to venture off to bring himself and the tribe more glory. Zendikar was littered with trap-filled ruins, protected by beasts and filled with prizes for the taking. While traveling alone across Zendikar, he came across a set of ruins designed to test a new Planeswalker. A narrow success opened up his opportunities to even more to find new challenges, new hunts, and new trophies to hone his skills.

Deity: Polytheistic -- No specific patron deity beyond the Ashen Wolf.

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Illven

Hexed

Name:Brightfire of the Bluescale Tribe
Race:Tainted Kobold
Class: Warlock
Background: Outlander
Deity: Shadowcat

Proficiency Bonus: +3 | Hit Points: 33 | Armor Class: 15 | Speed: 25 | Passive Perception: 10
Strength 8
Save:-1
Athletics: +2
|
Dexterity 16
Save:+3
Acrobatics:+3
Sleight of Hand: +3
Stealth:+3
|
Constitution 13
Save:+1
|
Intelligence 12
Save:+1
Arcana:+4
History:+1
Investigation:+1
Nature:+1
Religion:+1
|
Wisdom 10
Save:+3
Animal Handling:+0
Insight:+0
Medicine:+0
Perception:+0
Survival:+3
|
Charisma 18
Save:+7
Deception:+7
Intimidate:+4
Performance:+4
Persuasion:+4

Racial Features

+2 dex, +1 cha
Size; Small
Bioluminescent; 10ft bright light, +10ft dim. Free action activate/deactivate on turn.
Darkvision; 60ft
Energy Resistance; Fire
Expert leaper; Dex instead of str for jump distance, standing jump not halved, add prof bonus in feet to high jump distance, three times that to long jumps. Use dex (Acrobatics) instead of str (athletics) to jump beyond normal distance.
Thick Hide; Natural armor. 12+dex for unarmored AC
Cold-Blooded Torper; Disadvantage on con saving throws to resist exhaustion in extreme cold conditions.
|
Background Feature

Wanderer; Excellent memory for maps/geography. Always recall general layout of terrain, settlements, other features around you. Can find food/fresh water for self and up to 5 people, land providing.
|
Class Features

Patron:Shadowcat
Pact Magic
Eldritch Invocations: (3)
Sleepless Nights; No longer sleep, can't be forced to sleep.
Book of Ancient Secrets. +2 ritual spells. Can cast rituals.
Eldritch Sight; Detect Magic at will.
Pact Boon; Pact of the Tome. Book of Shadows. +3 cantrips, only when book is on person.
Ability score increase:+2 Cha
Spellcasting Focus; Can use arcane focus for casting spells.
Claws of Shade; 3/long rest, 60ft range reaction to attack. ethereal claws attack attacker. melee spell attack roll. Hit = 8 slashing damage. if foe killed attack that caused it fails.

Proficiencies: Light armor, Simple weapons, Drum
Languages: Draconic, Common
Equipment

Arcane Focus Rod of the Pact Keeper (Uncommon) +1 dc/casting for spells, 1/day restore 1 spell slot.
Bag of Holding (Uncommon) Holds 500lbs of stuff
Traveler's Clothing, Hunting Trap, Bear fang necklace, Belt pouch (343g 8s), Book of Shadows, Waterskin, Rations (10), Book of Lore, Ink bottle, ink pen, Parchment (10), small bag of sand, small knife, Potion of healing (6), Drum, Mess Kit.

Spells Known

Cantrips; Eldritch Blast, Prestidigitation, Mage hand. (Spellbook) Shocking Grasp, Mending, Minor Illusion
1 lvl; Protection from Evil and Good, Hex, Charm Person (Rituals) Alarm, Identify
2 lvl; Hold Person, Hunger of Hadar
3 lvl; Fly

Plane of Origin: Golarion

Description: Standing at only three feet in height Brightfire is very much not the usual kobold. Her skin is soft instead of leathery with actual scales dotting it almost like freckles, A blackish grey in colour except of the patch of white that runs along her chest and down her stomach. Her eyes and mouth glow a vibrant and smoky blue. She actually has a thatch of hair the same grayish black as her skin, and long tapered ears. Her tail is a stubby affair and unlike her kobold kin she's actually got curves.

History:From the moment her egg cracked open and a glowing blue eye peered out the Bluescale Tribe knew Brightfire was going to be different. They just didn't realize HOW different she was going to be. Softer then her kin but with strange blue flames  she made up for it. While passable as a miner she always complained about things whispering in the dark, whispers that she eventually realized had meaning. She never did get a firm answer on why the Cat of Shadows sought her out but she's never regretted making that pact. Especially when the human adventurers attacked to 'cleanse the kobold scum' out of the mine. That they'd lived in for generations. All because there's some shiny and soft yellow metal.

The tribe fought and trapped and did their level best to be a nuisance. Brightfire even got into a dual of magics with the man that called on gods and the woman that had a big book. And then she exploded. Who knew pushing and channeling that much power would scatter one among the stars. Took her a while to figure out how to pull herself back to where she came from. Her response to finding her tribe gone and the mine worked by humans wasn't very nice. For the humans at least.

Deity:Shadowcat

Mythweaver: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1472813

And that's Brightfire finished up. finally. :)   Questions though!  Can we refluff spells? Tie Hunger of Hadar to shadowcat not tentacle realm?

TheSithChicken

Just put back on meds for sleep regulation. Kinda sleeping a lot. Will hopefully be awake and coherent for a decent time tomorrow.

TheSithChicken

Catching up time! 4 character sheets approved. Will be putting up an OOC for the game tomorrow probably. Even my lazy, perpetually sick ass can focus long enough to do that on a schedule.

Also here's the link to the Game Info Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=282020.0

@Illven - Politics probably won't have a strong showing in this game in anything other than the broad strokes kind of thing. Also I don't seen any mention of how your character became a Planeswalker or any real goals for her. I am just not sure what you are planning or wanting to do with her.

@silentwalrus - Wait till approval. He's looking good so far.

@Chulanowa - Ulla is approved. Feel free to post her in the game info thread. Though I have one minor issue about her backstory but it's a nitpicky thing that has more to do with my old school Magic foundation than anything important. Basically only mentioning it because being mildly drugged makes me spew out my thoughts at random.

@Hexed - Your Tainted Kobold works for me. Also she is approved. Feel free to add her to the Game Info thread.

@Bibliophilia - She looks good so far and I am still so excited to see a Puazi in game. InCase is a gift.

@sullivanthedreadlord - You should have at least 4 Skill Proficiencies. Athletics & Intimidation from Soldier and 2 from Barbarian.

@Sain - As long as the Alternate Feature is being used you're good.

@Zaer - Lupas is approved. Go ahead and post him in the game info thread. And, yes, you can apply the Sword of Vengeance moniker to the whole daisho.

Sword of Vengeance

Weapon (any sword), uncommon (requires attunement)·

You gain a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls made with this magic weapon.

Curse: This sword is cursed and possessed by a vengeful spirit. Becoming attuned to it extends the curse to you. As long as you remain cursed, you are unwilling to part with the sword, keeping it on your person at all times. While attuned to this weapon, you have disadvantage on attack rolls made with weapons other than this one.

In addition, while the sword is on your person, you must succeed on a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw whenever you take damage in combat. On a failed save you must attack the creature that damaged you until you drop to 0 hit points or it does, or until you can't reach the creature to make a melee attack against it.

You can break the curse in the usual ways. Alternatively, casting banishment on the sword forces the vengeful spirit to leave it. The sword then becomes a +1 weapon with no other properties.

@InoshimaLance - Toss me your idea for a homebrew and we'll see. I am pretty open to such ideas as long as they do not unbalance things.

@Lockepick - Fumino is approved. Feel free to add him to the game info thread.

Zaer Darkwail

Thanks for the details, indeed the sword curse fits for Lupas as the cursed spirit may be spirit of his executed wife haunting in her daisho set which Lupas picked up and uses for revenge. Blades remain curses until revenge complete or someone exorcises the blades.

TheSithChicken

Chulanowa

Quote from: TheSithChicken on February 01, 2018, 01:32:42 AM
@Chulanowa - Ulla is approved. Feel free to post her in the game info thread. Though I have one minor issue about her backstory but it's a nitpicky thing that has more to do with my old school Magic foundation than anything important. Basically only mentioning it because being mildly drugged makes me spew out my thoughts at random.

Do tell? Just out of curiosity  ;D

I came this close ot making her come from Ulgothra, just 'cause i have a weird lust for any set that has a graphic novel illustrated entirely by Rebecca Guay

sullivanthedreadlord

I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

silentwalrus227

Bibliophilia

TheSithChicken

@Chulanowa - Mostly that she didn't really seem to ignite her Spark in a life or death situation.

@sullivanthedreadlord - Approved. Feel free to add him to the Game Info thread.

@silentwalrus - Sorry to hear that.

@Bibliophilia - Sounds good.

sullivanthedreadlord

I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

TheSithChicken

Going to set some stuff up later today and get the ball rolling. Nothing too much. Give the pcs a chance to get to know each other while the last couple of players get ready. Looking to really get things started later this week.

TheSithChicken

Update: Unexpected fluids are now coming from unexpected parts of me. May be down for a couple of days depending on why this is.

sullivanthedreadlord

My O/O Page

Lockepick

Get well soon! Take whatever time you need to put those fluids back in and get well!

TheSithChicken

Slowly recovering. That flu going around is no joke. Probably gonna take the weekend to do absolutely nothing constructive and recover.

sullivanthedreadlord

Take your time an i hope you do recover and get better.

My O/O Page