WoW: Cataclysm. Can you wait? o3o

Started by Wolfy, July 03, 2010, 02:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vincent

Mhm. Even worse to get in and have anyone bail...
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
Douglas Adams

Proud Owner of what is His.

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Xillen

Quote from: Dancing flower on January 16, 2011, 10:53:28 AMDungeon queues suck :(

10 seconds, tops! :P

Sorry...

Quote from: Vincent on January 16, 2011, 10:54:57 AM
Mhm. Even worse to get in and have anyone bail...

As long as a DPS bails, you should get a replacement instantly. Having the tank or healer bail on you can be annoying, but as long as at least two people remain to keep it a party, you should have priority since you're already in the instance.

What bothers me most is people clicking accept on the dungeon invite and then go afk at the entrance, until after 15 minutes you are finally able to kick them.

What also annoys me is people saying "Sorry, I got to go!" and then quit the game without leaving the party. It means you need to waste your only permissed votekick to replace them, and whatever you get back for that person, you need to deal with, since there's no way to kick them out.

Flower

Let me guess...you are a tank. I wish I could attach to you for queues *giggles*

Vincent

I`m a shadow priest. who has deleted every spell spec and talent which will remove me from said form.
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Xillen

Quote from: Dancing flower on January 16, 2011, 10:57:56 AM
Let me guess...you are a tank. I wish I could attach to you for queues *giggles*

Yeah. I queue as Tank/DPS, but unless I'm already grouped with another tank before we queue up, I always end up with the tank spot, with only a single exception to that in the past. Once during WotLK I was totally surprised to see "Your role: DPS" standing there. I enter the instance still having my tank gear equipped, which consisted entirely of high-end raid epics. The person that was supposed to tank just hit 80, and was walking around in craftable blues. Feeling totally intimidated before I even managed to respec to retri (without a word from me), he told me I should tank.

Vincent

God, i`ve had simialr happen. me and the main raid tank from our guild queued up  with a similarly geared  lock. all three of us got Dps.. to walk in to barely attuned for heroics tank and healer in  HoS. we were halfway to the first boss when the tank and healer commented that this  place wasn`t so hard... then they realized we were about to pulls ahead and not even waiting... then they noticed the lock had more Hp than the tank.. and the Paladin had more than both of them combined XD
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Xillen

I'm already getting those "WTF! 175K?" messages when I join a random HC by myself. It's funny how fast stats rise in this expansion.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Xillen on January 16, 2011, 11:18:32 AM
I'm already getting those "WTF! 175K?" messages when I join a random HC by myself. It's funny how fast stats rise in this expansion.

We are doing old stuff to get the Guild rep/xp up quick, yesterday I FINALLY get enough folks to do the classic raider achievement done.  So we go in against one of the bad guys in AQ40 and one of my guildies go 'Geeze..he's only got 3 times the MT (me) hit points (a little more than that at 390k but not too much)

It was fun, and a bit weird to loot the bosses and get 'broken tomes' like Blessing of Wisdom and Serpent Sting. Old talents used to be end game content for the 'highest talent level' in some areas.

Vincent

we three manned Twin emps the other day. with a warlock, priest and a warrior.
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Xillen

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 16, 2011, 11:52:53 AMIt was fun, and a bit weird to loot the bosses and get 'broken tomes' like Blessing of Wisdom and Serpent Sting. Old talents used to be end game content for the 'highest talent level' in some areas.

I remember those and trying to farm those on both my priest and my paladin. They were however skills, and not talents. They dropped in AQ20 and teached you a spell one rank higher than was available at level 60 at that time.

When patch 2.0 hit, those spells were made available at the trainer at level 60, 61 and 62, which made them less interesting (and the ones that were available at 60 obsolete entirely). When TBC hit and people were able to level, they lost their purpose entirely, though they sold for 10g at any vendor.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Xillen on January 16, 2011, 11:56:46 AM
I remember those and trying to farm those on both my priest and my paladin. They were however skills, and not talents. They dropped in AQ20 and teached you a spell one rank higher than was available at level 60 at that time.

When patch 2.0 hit, those spells were made available at the trainer at level 60, 61 and 62, which made them less interesting (and the ones that were available at 60 obsolete entirely). When TBC hit and people were able to level, they lost their purpose entirely, though they sold for 10g at any vendor.

Still do. I'm half tempted to farm AQ20 for Cenarion Circle rep next week. A few quick run throughs and I'll have 2 more achviements. Burned out on questing right now so all my alts are still 80 to 82.

Aiden

Is anyone playing the remade vanilla zones for the lore/story?
They are setting up a lot of stuff, it feels like.

Saerrael

Not yet. Not sure when, either. Need to get the priest raid-ready first.

Aiden

Your priest isn't raid ready yet? I could have sworn that you where set by now. I think you run more heroics then me.

Saerrael

>.>

I want the exalted rep epics, first. I KNOW ! Shush xD

Wolfy

Lol..I play a druid..so even if a Tank or heals drops, I can do an adequate job until we get a new one...and I've been told my tanking is very good, sooo...^-^ Maybe I should start queing up as a tank.

Aiden

They are setting up a lot of stuff, almost hinting at content patches.

A new Troll Dungeon
A new black uncorrupted dragon flight
that's it so far, and this is only questing in EK, have not touched the other side of the world, but im going for Vanilla Loremaster

Xillen

I had Loremaster before Cataclysm hit.

Now I look at the achievements, and I barely have 1-3 quests done per zone. I'll definitely be doing them some day, but not right now. Heck, I still have one of the new zones to complete. I didn't quest in Uldum any further than is needed to unlock the portal and the tabard.

Callie Del Noire

Got ALL the zones done on my pali, well the new ones.  No quests that ain't dailies left in the new zones. (till updates) except for the PvP stuff.

Xillen

Quote from: Wolfy on January 16, 2011, 11:24:59 PM
Lol..I play a druid..so even if a Tank or heals drops, I can do an adequate job until we get a new one...and I've been told my tanking is very good, sooo...^-^ Maybe I should start queing up as a tank.

For leveling dungeons, it should be no problem to tank or heal without the appropriate spec. Remember that Dual Specs weren't introduced until halfway WotLK, and rarely did anyone used to level as tank or healer before. Tanks just leveled as fury or retri and slapped on a shield. Healers just healed in their caster gear.

Heroics might be a different story (still possible if your gear and setup is good), but nonheroics should not be an issue.

Aiden

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 17, 2011, 12:18:42 AM
Got ALL the zones done on my pali, well the new ones.  No quests that ain't dailies left in the new zones. (till updates) except for the PvP stuff.

I playing through alliance zones right now, gonna redo them on a goblin for the horde zones at some point have a good time with the quest.

I love the "punch deatwing in the face" quest objective.

Wolfy

Quote from: Xillen on January 17, 2011, 12:15:38 AM
I had Loremaster before Cataclysm hit.

Now I look at the achievements, and I barely have 1-3 quests done per zone. I'll definitely be doing them some day, but not right now. Heck, I still have one of the new zones to complete. I didn't quest in Uldum any further than is needed to unlock the portal and the tabard.

D:> You didn't do Uldum? You didn't take the Adventure with Harrison Jones? You didn't fight the Shmazi army?

Zaer Darkwail

I did all guests, and I am doing Vash'jir with 85 Spriest for golds and getting portal there (and farm Azhara's veil which is important component for my main's flasks for raids).

But I did love Harrison Jones chain guest :). Brougth lots nice memories from old Indiana Jones movies. A german accented goblin in black leathers and big nasty rifle in the end looked straight from movies (minus instead goblin place human in to it but goblin racial personality fits like nose on face).

Xillen

Quote from: Wolfy on January 17, 2011, 01:50:40 AM
D:> You didn't do Uldum? You didn't take the Adventure with Harrison Jones? You didn't fight the Shmazi army?

Not yet, no. I completed Hyjal, and did part of Deepholme before hitting 84 and moving on to Twilight. Halfway Twilight I dinged 85, and then I focused mostly on getting raid-ready asap.

When I had spare time, I went back to do Vashj'ir, complete Deepholme and complete Twilight. Uldum is certainly still on my to do list, but my weekends are busy, so it might take a bit.

When that is done, I'll probably go back and do the old zones all over again.

Btw, a week or so ago, I decided together with some guildies to run a random dungeon on alts. We were 40-45ish, and to my surprise, we entered Scholomance. I remember Scholomance being a decently complex instance for 5 lvl 60s back in the day. I used to farm it when you could still 10 man them. Now it was a breeze on our lvl 40-45 characters, which was a bit unsettling. The tank had never even seen the instance, having joined WoW in a later expansion. I provided him with directions and tactics, but we soon switched to just AoE zerging the place.

Vincent

I have a memory of running around ther pretending to be an orc superman in a blue loincloth, red cap and red boots.
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.