Pathfinder/3.5 DnD game using GUCK and BoEF

Started by Zaer Darkwail, July 06, 2010, 03:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ixy

Alright... submitting a Druid later tonight.  Thanks for the opportunity :)

Latooni Subota

Anybody know of some decent (Preferably free and browser-based) map/grid software?

It would be nice to build my nifty Magic Mansion-wannabe in a grid-form map and save it in image form or something.

Nevermind. It's all taken care of.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a248/marigreywords/CreationCube.jpg

Hehehe :D
--------------------------------------
Edit Moar: And here is the write-up and crunchy details on the thing. For fun!

Creation Cube

An ivory rubix cube embossed with gold, covered in alchemic runes and formulas. The item has a moderate aura of Conjuration magic on it. When the Creation Cube is manipulated in the proper way, it creates a doorway into a specially designed extra-dimensional space.

The pocket dimension is similar to the spell Mage's Magnificent Mansion, though significantly smaller. While there are the standard facilities such as beds, kitchen, and bathrooms, the majority of the space is taken up by a large laboratory specifically geared for alchemy, though other equipment can be moved inside to be used for other Crafting activities.

In order to activate the item it takes a series of DC20 Intelligence checks to properly align the Creation Cube and open the doorway. Each check takes a full-round action of manipulating the device.

The pocket dimension itself is rather . . stylish, at least in Tina's mind. The gateway leads to covered stairs rising up to a series of floating platforms surrounded by silver fences for the safety of the occupants.

The lowest level has a kitchen and dining area, along with a guest bedroom with room for six in a snug fit.

The second level has a large open-air hot-springs, and Tina's pride and joy the 'Creation Forges'. All manner of equipment for all manner of Crafts she could think of are here, along with countless raw materials.

The third level has Tina's private bath, which is veiled from view and soundproofed, taking the form of an indoor hot spring with every amenity she could afford.

The final level towering above the others is Tina's private bedchambers, just as lavish as her baths. The walls themselves act as one way mirrors, allowing her to see the lower levels as she likes . . including the guest beds and baths.

Mage's Magnificent Mansion 17640gp
Alchemist's Lab 200gp
Artisan's Tools, MW (Poisonmaking, Armorsmithing, Weaponsmithing, Leatherworking, Bowmaking, Sculpting, Jeweler, Sewing) 400gp
Tons o' Raw Materials 2000gp
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

RubySlippers

Hit points including bonus hit points for the Toughness Feat and maximum first level hit points is 61! (yay)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2599511/

Should be a great Conjurer.

Latooni Subota

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

RubySlippers

No harem full of naked slaves? Whats the point.  ;)

Seriously nice just, er, no harem of naked slaves? Whats the point.  ;D

Just kidding really seems nice.

TheVillain

Wait, no harem of naked slaves? That's seems like a quit-the-game level problem there.

[Of course it doesn't, I'm kiddin']
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Latooni Subota

Obviously the party is my harem . . they just don't know it yet. :3

TheVillain

Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

TheGlyphstone

Are you still accepting players for this? I might like to play a Summoner, if there isn't already one.

Latooni Subota

Here's what I got so far, with a tiny tiny Backround atm. Inventory is not finished yet, because I'm not sure how much money I want leftover for crafting later one. :3

PS: Her second image is ADORABLE <3 XD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Tina Arrowney
Height: 5'0"
Build: lightly muscled

Image of Tina

Description: Tina Arrowney is a rather cute, though not breathtaking, young human woman. Her skin is a healthy ivory and her short blond hair is clean and silky. Her eyes are BRIGHT green, an unusual (and endearing) feature of hers.

She dresses in a relatively standard chemist's frock and outfit, with dark hose covering her legs, heavy traveling shoes, and a cap on her head! Of course, her clothes always seem to be shifting into more . . naughty positions, or seem so thin at times as to cling perfectly to her body in an enticing away.

Tina gives off the feel and look of an innocent but driven young woman, with an odd sexual naivete about her. SOMETHING about her just seems to draw in men and woman alike, or at least their stares. She just has that sort of appeal.

Personality: While Tina would describe herself as driven, others would call her OBSESSIVE. She has an insatiable urge to both travel about on her little adventures and craft fantastic new alchemical creations. This permanent wonderlust and her unique skills make her a perfect companion for an adventuring crew, but ruin chances of her being a standard shopkeeper any time soon.

Tina almost always chooses the option that seems most likely to lead to success or safety, regardless or moral guidelines, though she does prefer the company of Good people over Evil. Those that prove themselves to be worthy of her trust find a girl more than willing to use her entire stock of herbs to keep them alive with healing potions. Her enemies find themselves bombed incessantly, regardless of defenses or hostages.

The Alchemist is a confirmed bisexual, stating that she just wouldn't want to limit herself to any one gender when both are so different. She wouldn't normally initiate sexual encounters . . but odds are she wouldn't say no. She also has a SLIGHT taste for the rougher fun, but she wouldn't admit it.

Backround: Tina Arrowney is . . . not a very well-known individual. At least, her history isn't well-known. Her . . . explosive experiments are. She was the daughter of a noble family that fell out of power right around her 8th birthday. Rather than live in squalor, she SOMEHOW managed to slide herself into the good graces of a traveling Alchemist as his apprentice.

For nearly a decade she studied under him (sometimes literally) and learned his tricks and secrets, improving her own skill at the arts of machinery, alchemy, and poisons. They went on many an adventure together, but the majority of the time they either stayed in his lab or hunted down rare reagents.

On her 17th birthday her wonderlust got the better of her, and she decided to strike out on her own. Her Master, having anticipated this, crafted a special portable laboratory for her and gave it to her as a sort of graduation gift. Since then she's been randomly joining adventuring troupes to do random epic deeds, inbetween crafting new alchemical compounds and finding rare items.

Her current goal? The Elixer of Immortality.

fallensaviour

Quote from: TheVillain on July 09, 2010, 03:51:05 PM
In a nutshell, Pathfinder is DnD 3.75.

more accuratly 3.5 on steroids....like hugely roid raging amounts of steroids

Ixy

Sheet's almost done.  http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=222861
Have to touch up abilities, add spells and per-days, look up wild shapes... after that, it's backstories and backgrounds galore :)

RubySlippers

Fhalia Faegle
http://fantasti.cc/user/dsquareder/images/image/950435
Has a natural hairy bush however.

Human, Female, 24, 5'6" Tall, 137#, Conjurer, 10th Level, Armor Class [16, Shielding Amulet 20], Hit Points [61], Alignment [N], Patron Deity [Calistria]
Ability Scores: Strength 10 [+0], Dexterity 14 [+2], Constitution 10 [+0], Intelligence 21 [+5], Wisdom 15 [+2], Charisma 13 [+1]. Appearance 16 [+3].
Class Abilities: Arcane Bond [Ring], Arcane School [Conjuration, Opposition Schools Illusion & Necromancy - Summoners Charm (Su), Acid Dart (Sp), Dimensional Steps (Sp) - 300 ft./day], Cantrips
Feats: Cypher Magic, Cypher Script, Endurance, Scribe Scroll, Improved Initiative, Spell Focus (conjuration), Craft Wonderous Item, Augment Summoning, Leadership, Craft Magic Arms and Armor
Flaw: Noncombatant, Vulnerable
Traits: Greater Adept of the Society, Natural Born Leader
Skills: Appraise 5 ranks [+13], Craft (alchemy) 5 ranks [+13], Craft (calligraphy) 5 ranks [+13], Diplomacy 3 ranks [+4], Fly 5 ranks [+10], Knowledge (arcana) 5 ranks [+13], Knowledge (the planes - creatures) 10 ranks [+18], Linguistics  10 ranks [+18], Profession (gardener) 1 rank [+5], Profession (wizard) 10 ranks [+15], Ride (horses) 5 ranks [+7], Sense Motive 3 ranks [+5], Sexual Prowess 10 ranks [+14], Spellcraft 5 ranks [+13].

Base Attack Bonus [+5]
Meleed BAB [+3]
Ranged BAB [+7]
Weapons
- Quarterstaff AB +4, Damage 1d6+1, Range 0, Type B, Crit. 20/x2, Wt. 4#
- Dagger AB +3 melee/+7 ranged, Damage 1d4, Range 10 ft., Type P, Crit. 19-20/x2, Wt. 1#
Initiative [+6]
Saves: Fortitude [+3], Reflexes [+5], Will [+9]
Languages Known: Abysal, Aklo, Aquan, Auran, Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Halfling Ignan, Infernal, Terran.

Sexual Tricks: Creative Lover, Dextrous Lover, Inventive Lover, Wild Lover, Easy to Read, Masturbation Focus, Maw Stuffing, Position Focus (rear entry) +1, Oral Sex Focus +1, Orifice Stuffing
Sexual Feats:  Body to Die For, Sex Appeal, Transmitting Orgasm

Spellcasting: DC +5 (Conjuration +6*)
Spells per Day: 0 [5], 1st [6], 2nd [5], 3rd [4], 4th [4], 5th [3]
Prepared: Level 0  Detect Magic, Mount, Prestidigitation. Read Magic. 1st Level Expeditious Retreat, Identify, Lesser Geas [Transmitting Sex Feat], Magic Missle x2, Unseen Servant. 2nd Level Battering Ram x2, Protection from Arrows x2, Summon Monster II. 3rd Level Animal Magnetism, Dispel Magic, Summon Monster III x2. 4th Level Ice Storm x2, Summon Monster IV x2. 5th Level Dismissal, Summon Monster V, Wall of Force.
Spells Known
Level 0 [all]
1st Level: Expeditious Retreat,  Identify, Mage Armor*, Magic Missle, Shield, Summon Monster I*, Unseen Servant*
2nd Level: Battering Ram, Protection from Arrows, Summon Monster II*
3rd Level:  Animal Magnetism, Dispel Magic, Summon Monster III*
4th Level:  Ice Storm, Lesser Geas, Summon Monster IV*
5th Level:  Dismissal, Summon Monster V*, Wall of Force

Magic Items: Bracers of Armor +5, Ring of Sterility Level 0 Spell Sterility, Always On When Worn, Quarterstaff +1 on Head, Amulet of Shielding CL 3, Shield Spell - Continuouous

Other Assets: Stronghold - House of the Arcane Sigil [10,000 gp]
A general meeting house for wizards, not bards or sorcerors orother classes that in general offers networking, spell exchanges, various items needed by wizards components and spellbooks, a small school of magic and most importantly a place to hire wizards or buy magical goods at a better price since the house takes a very modest cut. Is not part of the Wizards Guild proper but to become a member you must prove your a wizard and abide by a few rules- mostly no using harmful magic in the school, doing security services for the meeting house from placing warding spells to staying on premises to add to the available magical defense and giving a 8% share of profits made from using the services of the house. It has a room for her that is nicely appointed and secure asowner.
-> Cohort Slena Saraso Half-Elf Cleric 4/Wizard 4 CN Followers: Wizard 3rd Level x 1, Fighter 2nd Level x 1, Fighters 1st Level x 4, 1st Level Wizards x 4, 1st Level Experts (traders in goods and services by & for members) x 4, Rogues (secrity) x 2, 1st Level Expert (chief servant) x 1. 1st Level Commoners (common servants) x 4.

Equipment: Wardrobe [500 gp], Cosmetics & Ladies Necessaries [100 gp], Silver Jewelry [100gp], Two Very Nice Female Slaves - Twins [400gp], Chains with Padded Shackles & Amazing Locks for Each Slave [400gp], Daggers x2, Cost of Living Above Average -30gp/month- for 6 Months [180gp]
Wealth Left: 2500 gp (2300 Banked with Reputable Moneylender, 200 gp Cash at Temple)

Spellbook
Dragonhide (Red), 50 Bone Pages with Slipcase
11 lbs., Hardness 5, Hit Points 7
Waterproof, Resistant (major)
Spelltrapped: ++ CL3 Alarm (continuous) & ++ Shocking Grasp 1d8+3 Damage  3000 gp. ++ CL4 Battering Ram  11,220gp
++ when touched by anyone but her.

TheVillain

Will make sheet when I get my books back. Which are on my main computer. Which is in the shop getting repaired.

:-(

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: BenedictWolfe on July 09, 2010, 02:53:59 PM
If I botched up on the Grid rolling I'm cool with dropping it. Clear instructions from the DM on how exactly I should roll my stats is all I require.

To make a grid version (as you did) you must roll 4d6 (drop lowest one) re-roll ones OR you roll normally six times 5d6 (drop lowest two) re-roll ones.

So no 5d6 dice rolls for grid, only 4d6.

Anycase I allow use of traits and if want make own one ask for approval for it first and max amount of traits per char is 2.

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on July 09, 2010, 07:57:03 PM
Are you still accepting players for this? I might like to play a Summoner, if there isn't already one.

We have summoner already and also conjurer.

Also Nicci check pathfinder SDR overall as it changes little how cleric works and have some extra powers etc. Also what comes to GUCK vs BoEF rules I say we use term 'sexual prowess' and it's a perform skill which is class skill for everyone (does not allow pick ranks in other sort of perform skills). The extra skill ranks must be used increase only sexual prowess and each rank gives GUCK sex trick which can be used to modify the dice roll.

Also it's up to the players decide how much by the 'rules' we play sexual scenes as some folk may not like the careful laid out formula of GUCK rules. We can go simple as after the session we just roll perform check to get overall performance.

BenedictWolfe

So, what part of this will be Pathfinder and what will be 3.5? You actually haven't defined what will go where, I believe. Or I'm just too lazy to read through the thread to find out.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, we kind of mix and blend. I prefer that we would use mostly pathfinder stuff like skill system, races, base classes (which are found) and modify any base classes which have not yet edited for Pathfinder. Feats also from Pathfinder but some feats could allow from 3.5 supplement books.

RubySlippers

Zaer ,hon, what is my characters Leadership Score as I see it with her base of operations and charisma it should be 13, 14 if you consider her a "kind employer" or something. She has no familiar I took a bonded item, a ring.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, 13 or 14 if your friendly to 90% of your follower population.

TheVillain

Name: Jakk Takkalo
Height: 6'8"
Build: Large by Human standards, thin but respectable by Orc standards.

Description: There would be many ways to describe the Half-Orc Jakk, "Cute" is not one of them. Powerfully built, he's tall and muscular with black hair and blue/yellow eyes. Surprisingly few scars given his profession, he none the less is almost always seen with a weapon and wearing some sort of armor. While probably not the handsomest male anyone has ever met both of his parent's races consider him unusually handsome, especially given the other race. Ironic then that the humans and orcs disagree on what features it is that makes him handsomer then average.

His clothing usually doubles as armor, but that's almost a side note. Raised among the Orcs he does incorporate human elements into his clothes to honor his human father- but it's easy to tell at a glance that Jakk considers himself an Orc as he uses mostly their clothing styles and designs. Mostly earthen tones for colors with Orcish script pressed in it for luck. How he wears his hair usually has a human feel to it, mostly because how his hair grows in is closer to the way the hair of a human does.

Body carriage and stature are what really sets him apart. He's an experienced warrior, it shows in every move he makes. Absolute confidence seems to radiate off of him, there's rarely question that he thinks he can kick your ass- just choses not to. Calling the combination of those two things "animal magnetism" is a bit of a stretch but whenever he's among a group of sentient beings there's usually someone who digs it. And he seems stoically dead set against the idea of letting it show that he cares about every day people, of both of his parent's races, enough to slay monsters for them. Yes, he sees himself as an Orc so when the choice is his he prefers wandering among the Orc clans but he's been known to make a round or two among the human villages as well.

Personality: Orc. If it can be described in a word it's Orc. Proud, Strong, and taking particular pride in his battle prowess. Savage is a word tossed around and not entirely without reason as the clans tend to view the trappings of "civilization" with suspicion, or at least consider them needless foppery. Gruff, Blunt, Ready to Fight if the situation needs it and he tends to think it needs it more then others. An experienced warrior by all accounts, if a weak one according to his Orc kinsman. Takes pride in both his parents and his clan- whose name translates into Common as "The Sky's Rage"- if not honor from both.

Morally, he leans more good then evil. Stronger then what one would expect from a half-orc but not strongly. If he ends up crashing for the night in a farmer's barn he will help with the day's chores- but he will expect some sort of reward. Not a large one, he's not out to bankrupt the farmer- he may even consider something like old nails so that he can melt them into slag to repair his weapon later. A ruthless fighter, he's most certainly not above some dirty tactics- but there is a point where he considers it too far. He's certainly far more likely to kill a man for being a rapist then actually rape a woman, which may surprise some non-orcs.

Jakk is decidedly heterosexual and most certainly an Orc when it comes to the ways of women. Raised to believe men are to be sexually assertive and virile while women are to be virginal, he is among the growing number of orcs who see that this doesn't even make logical sense- let alone stand as a workable tradition. So, like most orcs who see this, he take steps to make it look like he's following it but doesn't at least for his expectations of women. He'll probably attempt to sleep with any female that shows even a little interest. And it's no surprise to anyone that Jakk plays rough in bed, but it's more animalistic-primal then brutal.

As for any formal relationships, there are few. Many Orc Clans do have claiming rituals for females, success places the female-in-question's relationship to the successful male somewhere between Fiancée and Sex-Slave. The details of these rituals varies between clans, some are downright pleasant for the female while others are little more then an excuse for a warrior and his friends to gang-rape the female in question without remorse. The Sky's Rage claiming ritual is one of the more pleasant ones- the potential-claimer and a male relative or established mate of the female spend an agreed upon time hunting, then bring back the resulting game and give the meat to the female. She then chooses the winner- in theory it's the one that brought back the most meat but she doesn't have to choose this way.

As a Half-Orc his blood is considered too weak to be allowed to carry among full Orcs- so too most clans including his own Sky's Rage clan when he does succeed in a claiming ritual it only counts for one night, though Half-Orcs are allowed to claim non-orc women without being an embarrassment to the clan. A lustful man, he has called the claiming ritual with many women of many races when the latest female that has caught his eye is otherwise unobtainable, like she's already married for instance. To his credit, he does take the time to explain the ritual in it's entirety including the fact that the female is only advised to choose the more successful hunter- not required to and he does always honor the choice. He has heard rumors that from all of his claimings over the years multiple children, both orc and human, have resulted. If confirmed and the mothers seek aid in a task fit for a warrior it is considered a great insult to his manhood if he refuses- but so far none of the rumors have been confirmed.

As for a permanent claiming, Jakk only has one. On a recent adventure that lead to the slaying of the first of the 13 Demon-Bears, Jakk claimed a human druidess named Anazi- unaware that one of his other traveling companions had the clout among the Orcs to make this claiming permanent before either of them could say anything about it. Now, in the eyes of the Orcs, the human druidess Anazi is considered something between Jakk's Fiancée and Jakk's Sex-Slave. At the moment they've agreed that they need to travel together and that Anazi can continue her free-spirited ways as long as she's discrete about it, time will tell if that changes.

Bio: It is said that true love is rare enough as is, especially among the frontiers. But the stories do say it does happen. Jakk's mother was an Orc Raider who had just separated herself from her raiding party when one of them suggested a Claim. Wandering the woods to clear her head, she'd find a trapper's hut and attempt to steal the human trapper's horse. He of course couldn't let her do that. And so began the greatest romance of our age, the type of true love the bards only dream of writing about- let alone find or experience.

They'd survive storms together, wars together, and in time settle in the Sky's Rage clan together- just John the Trapper, Olna the Raider, and in time their son Jakk. Jakk was always considered a bit of a runt compared to the other kids- but being a Half-Orc among Orcs this isn't a surprise. The way the bard tell it, the fact that he was born from true love gave him strength- actually, he just figured out that he could counter their relatively stronger size by fighting harder and with more skill. The runt became the pick of the litter by his teenage years, and among the others in the clan his own age his skill as a warrior earned him some level of respect.

Some level is a key word. As a half-breed he'd never be considered an equal if he took the traditional path to glory in the clan's fighting army. So when he came of age he decided on the path of the adventurer- not cutting ties with his clan completely but not in a position to receive help from them either. A long wanderer, fighting when he can- risking dying alone and without any glory somewhere forgotten. A fate worse then death in the eyes of an Orc.

And it was a gamble that paid off. Jakk Takkalo of the Sky's Rage clan is now considered an experienced warrior, one whose skills are a cut above the normal fighter seen in an orcish Warband. Travelling between orc and human lands he has become something of an unofficial agent of peace between the two races, keeping unnecessary wars down while wading knee-deep in blood and guts of necessary ones. If he plays his cards right he might- MIGHT- have earned enough personal glory to be remembered as a minor footnote in his clan's history, a rare honor for anyone either half-orc or full orc. A lustful man at heart, he also enjoys the attention he gets from females of many races for his status as an adventurer.

Recently his life has taken a turn for the interesting. In a Blood Wolf village he learned that a group of their warriors was preparing to hunt down a demon-bear that was attacking nearby villages in the night. Joining them for the chance to kill such a beast of legend, he was unaware that at the same time a local druid's circle had recruited a free druidess named Anazi to investigate reports of the beast and bring that information back to see what to do about it.

When the group found the beast the battle was long and hard. Working together the orcs and the druidess would be victorious, but not without casualties. After paying respects to the fallen and patching up those that lived, Jakk- in true orc fashion- called a claiming on Anazi while the demon-bear's corpse was still at their feet. Anazi accepted. Neither were aware however that one of the orcs that survived thanks to Jakk's battle prowess and Anazi's healing was the son of the Blood Wolf chief, and before either of them could say anything about it he declared the claiming to be permanent.

Jakk an Anazi have travelled together ever sense. In the eyes of the orcs he's the first half-breed allowed a permanent claim in centuries and Anazi is now considered somewhere between Jakk's Fiancée and Sex-Slave. They'd probably complain about it more but they two of them have come to an understanding, Jakk's expected to sleep with other women- it's tradition. Anazi is supposed to remain only his, but he's fine with her having similar bedroom fun with others on the conditions that she keep them discrete and if she bares a child he has to be the father. Besides, their skills compliment each other's so well in adventuring and the sex is really good. They might just see how this plays out for now.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on July 10, 2010, 01:58:34 PM

We have summoner already and also conjurer.

What about a bard? I understand Pathfinder hammered the bard a bit, but if you're liberal in book selection, I can make a pretty mean (but oh-so-dashing ;D) Dragonfire Inspiration bard.

TheVillain

Oh, and I probably should check this with Zaer.

Zaer, I was going for a "Yes, Orcs tend to be piggish, misogynistic brutes that rape and pillage when they feel like raiding but not as bad as advertised" feel for the Orcs when I wrote Jakk. The idea is that the traditional image does have a kernel of truth to it but there's elements of racist propaganda from other races as well. This okay?

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on July 10, 2010, 03:27:49 PM
What about a bard? I understand Pathfinder hammered the bard a bit, but if you're liberal in book selection, I can make a pretty mean (but oh-so-dashing ;D) Dragonfire Inspiration bard.

Dragonfire Inspiration bard? Is it mix of Dragonfire Adept and bard?!

TheGlyphstone

No, Dragonfire Inspiration is a feat from Dragon Magic. It requires draconic heritage (via feat, race, or template), but lets a bard grant +xd6 elemental damage to allied attacks instead of +x inspire courage bonus.

With various sundry bonuses from items/feats (Vest of Legends, Words of Creation, Song of the Heart), you can be cranking out a fat pile of bonus dice for every attack your party makes.