"My Threads" tab

Started by Haibane, March 02, 2009, 11:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haibane

Is no longer showing in the new layout. Has it been removed for good? Or might it be back?

I don't need a quick answer, I know you are still busy...

Haibane

No worries. It has been replaced by "Bookmarks" it seems. False alarm, nothing to see here.

Trieste

The "new" theme is actually the SMF default, too... Veks will be restoring it to the three-column theme once he has some time to do so.

Haibane

Oh. OK. Thank for that.

My next question is... can you alter the sequence in which your Bookmarks are displayed? They currently reside "most recent post at the top" whereas before it was "most recently created at the top" which I found more intuitive. Any chance we'll be able to change the layout at some point please?

Trieste

I don't know. It cleared all of my bookmarks, so I have none. :(

Trieste

After playing around with it, it appears there is not a way to do that. Perhaps in the next couple weeks that can be changed.

Haibane

Thank you. It's no biggie. I guess I'm just used to seeing my game threads listed that way. No doubt as time passes I'll get to like it this way.

*she said bending over with her rear in the air*

Ariabella

So I guess that means I have to go fishing through the forums for my threads so I can create a bookmark? *cries*
Read my ons/offs. Want to one-on-one? PM with ideas

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42859.0

http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Ariabella

Trieste

Caeli

I removed all of my Bookmarks from my Notifications. But, I noticed that I wasn't getting notified of new replies made in my bookmarked threads... any way I can make that happen? =/
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

jouzinka

I think that it was the whole point of replacing the My Topics with Bookmarks: stop tons of emails going and stop E looking like spammers in the eyes of mail providers...
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Caeli

But I liked getting notifications about when my topics are updated. >_>; Watching GMail update in real-time according to when my stuff gets replied to... ><; *renotifies some topics*
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Ariabella

Hmmm....I'm getting emails on my topics....
Read my ons/offs. Want to one-on-one? PM with ideas

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42859.0

http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Ariabella

Haibane

Quote from: jouzinka on March 03, 2009, 03:58:00 AM
I think that it was the whole point of replacing the My Topics with Bookmarks: stop tons of emails going and stop E looking like spammers in the eyes of mail providers...
That's odd as I only got emails from the threads I'd set to 'Notify'. By default every thread I posted in was then set to 'notify' but it was a simple matter to click on the tab and turn it off once you got used to it.

But I think the new bookmarks system is as good, if not better since all the bookmarked threads now show on one page (at least my 40 do) which they did not before so I'm very happy with that alteration. I do still get emails from every thread I post in unless I switch them off though, so the "E possibly seen as spammy" aspect is still there.

It just takes a few minutes in your profile to alter the settings... I suppose many users don't know they can do that?