Battle of the Bands (Pathfinder)

Started by Foxfyr, June 04, 2014, 12:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxfyr

Basic storyline:  With much of the continent unified under a single banner and a majority of the infighting and conflict taking place politically within government structures, society has become rather lame.  There is a definite abundance of boredom with little in the way of adventuring to be done, especially compared to the excess population that results from a time of peace.  Though, where people are plentiful and entertainment is not, there is a niche for performers to distract them from the monotony of everyday life.  And where there is a need, there is an opportunity for profit.  The local government, in an attempt to make all these different adventuring parties do something useful for a change, is sponsoring a music competition.  Your group has the potential to hit it big; the main things holding you back are the lack of following, lack of means to travel, and lack of proper management.

Fortunately the latter seems to be in the process of resolving itself when you find yourself at the local tavern, confronted by an unusual looking neko offering to manage your group and put you on the map for a surprisingly low cut of the profits.  He even goes so far as to tell you that a nearby town happens to have a competition in two days, the winner of which gets a very special carriage that would allow you to quickly and easily travel across the nation to other gigs in the utmost of comfort and style.

Disclaimer:  This is a slight modification of a campaign Sethala NicciKotor's ran a while back.  I just liked the idea and wanted to revive it.

This is going to be a lighthearted pathfinder campaign with plenty of room for naughty interactions and other such hijinks.  I will try to get an even mix of story and system, but for the sake of easy progression I won't be venturing too deep into the worldspace itself.  For the most part, your group will likely be traveling from village to village to make a name for itself, hopefully making it big enough to book city venues while managing to avoid hordes of groupies, rival bands' attempts of sabotage, and perhaps the occasional group of bandits eager to steal your hard-earned riches.

4 Players (I will pick from applicants after a few days rather than going first come-first served)
Pathfinder (anything in the SRD, but 3rd party stuff, psionics, or firearms needs my approval)
Starting Level: 5
Hit Points: Max first die, roll for the following 4 levels  (reroll 1s and 2s)
Starting Wealth: 10,500gp
4d6 Standard (reroll 1s)
2 Traits from different categories
Instruments are free and masterwork quality; if you want your weapon or some other item to be magically enchanted to function as your weapon, that is also free and does not increase the enchantment level.

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Class:[/b]
[b]Instrument:[/b] (Preferred, secondary preferred, tertiary preferred.  Can have ‘any’ if no preference.)
[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Sexual Preferences:[/b]
[b]Band Name Idea(s):[/b] (If any)

NicciKotor

This was my idea, dammit! How dare you use it without my express permission and lots of spanking! This is a outrage I say! *Flips table and jumps out of the nearest window.*

I will have a succubus bard ready to go in the morning. I found the perfect savage species conversion for it a while ago. Three levels is enough to get the wings, which will be needed to fly about during concerts while singing my sexy ass off.

Also making her CG so annoying goody goodies do not ride her ass. Confuse the shit out of them by being a succubus that can cast cure light wounds.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Marie Reynolds

This sounds like fun.I will take a look at what I want to play.

NicciKotor

Astarotte - Level 3 Succubus/ Level 2 Bard

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=13530

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Marie Reynolds

by standard you mean 4d6 drop the lost right?

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, sounds interesting and fun :). Considering Nicci took lead singer role, so I could roll half-orc drummer (likely savage bard or barbarian).

Foxfyr

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on June 04, 2014, 12:52:34 PM
by standard you mean 4d6 drop the lost right?

That is right, drop the lowest and reroll any 1s

Zaer Darkwail

I do not know how to make 're-roll ones' in E's diceroller so used invisible castle.

STR 16, DEX 15, CON 14, INT 15, WIS 12, CHA 17

who149

Alright. I'll be making a character for this!
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

Marie Reynolds

[ 5 +6 +2 +4 ] = 17
[ 6 +3 +2 +5 ] = 16 | reroll: 1
[ 2 +2 +3 +3 ] = 10 | reroll: 1
[ 6 +6 +4 +4 ] = 20
[ 2 +5 +5 +6 ] = 18 | reroll: 1
Okay i had to use rolz.org and this is my rolls before i drop the lowest.

Here are my stats post droping the lowest.
15: 5,6,4
14: 6,3,5
8:2,3,3
14:6,3,5
16:6,6,4
16:5,5,6

Foxfyr

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on June 04, 2014, 04:06:31 PM
[ 5 +6 +2 +4 ] = 17
[ 2 +2 +3 +3 ] = 10 | reroll: 1
[ 6 +6 +4 +4 ] = 20
[ 2 +5 +5 +6 ] = 18 | reroll: 1
Okay i had to use rolz.org and this is my rolls before i drop the lowest.

Here are my stats post droping the lowest.
15: 5,6,4
14: 6,3,5
8:2,3,3
14:6,3,5
16:6,6,4
16:5,5,6

Oh, I forgot to mention that you get to roll 7 stats and drop the lowest of those as well.  Hopefully that will get rid of that nasty 8 for you.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Loki Aesir on June 04, 2014, 04:37:24 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention that you get to roll 7 stats and drop the lowest of those as well.  Hopefully that will get rid of that nasty 8 for you.

Ah, well I am happy with my stat line :).

Marie Reynolds

[ 5 +2 +5 +4 ] = 16 | reroll: 1

14:5,5,4

there is that last roll

Marie Reynolds

So I will be bringing a Half-orc Skulking Slayer Archetype rogue that would be the bands drummer.

NicciKotor

I rolled my 7th 4d6 and got 17. Whee.

who149

Lets start with my rolls!

10 (Re-rolling the 1 and 1) 12
11 (Re-rolling the 1) 14
13 (Re-Rolling the 1) 13
11 (re-rolling the 1) 14

...Holy crap. That is quiet possibly the best array of stats I have ever gotten...

Edited to rerolling the 1's
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

Phaia

we would have to choose what perform is used on? like perfom[ sing]. perform [sting] and open perfrom really does not fit since one of the bards abilities is versitle performance ...if one can use perfom for any thing that becomes very powerful!
I also wont be to concerned with a 20 cha since i see a 26 for nikki  :o

Phaia

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on June 04, 2014, 09:26:02 PM
So I will be bringing a Half-orc Skulking Slayer Archetype rogue that would be the bands drummer.

Hey, that's my half-orc's job :P. Want wrestle over the position with savage skald? Or will my char be assisting singer (main male vocalist) and play saxophone?

Foxfyr

Oh, I realized I also forgot to mention that you can have arcane instruments, which is just a flashy, fantasy version of electric instruments.  So instead of electric guitar and electric bass, you'd have arcane guitar and arcane bass that would sound the same respectively.  Same with keyboards and the like, so you can play modern music instead of sticking with more classical instruments.

Foxfyr

Quote from: Phaia on June 05, 2014, 12:53:03 AM
we would have to choose what perform is used on? like perfom[ sing]. perform [sting] and open perfrom really does not fit since one of the bards abilities is versitle performance ...if one can use perfom for any thing that becomes very powerful!

Phaia

You can leave perform open for now until we finish figuring out which instrument everybody wants to play.  Once everybody finds their role in the band, we can then update the perform skill accordingly.  If nothing else, I'll probably make it somewhat generalized to perform (strings), perform (percussion), and perform (vocals) to give the players a little more versatility in their skill without making it universal.

Zaer Darkwail

Aha, that case my savage skald will be using arcane (electric) guitar :D

Ghostwheel

Hrmmm... this looks interesting...

Any idea by when you'd like charsheets in?

Anon315

Similar to Zaer, I used Invisible Castle. It's so much easier to do: 7 rolls, 4d6.minroll(2).takeHighest(3)

I wound up with: 15, 14, 14, 14, 12, and 10, for an above average but not exceptional person. Who I want to be is the keyboard player. Why? Because every band needs a keyboard player. And it seemed like a role no one else wanted. I'll figure out exactly what to make later.

Marie Reynolds

What magical powers do you guys have over invisible castle it would not even function for me?

Zaer Darkwail

Are you able enter Invisible Castle? In there click roll stats and then roll and assign stats option.

If going for 7 rolls you need click roll dice option. But to get correct code for 4d6 (drop lowest) you need copypaste it from roll stats part.