Fleeting Day

Started by Sinfulkarma129, October 31, 2012, 12:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinfulkarma129

A soft bleating in my ear is what woke me, more like bothered though, because I merely fumbled the device and managed to snag the snooze. I rolled over, feeling my choppy threads of hair brushing my shoulder. I grunted when my phone again chirped, reminding me that I had no right to be angry when I set it in the first place.

I sighed and forced myself up, finally opening my eyes to survey the room. Door, roommate, closet, very cluttered desk, other random detritus. Another heaving sigh as I shuffle, bathroom, shower, teeth now de-grit, face no longer scaly with dead flesh flakes, back to room.

I checked my phone, I had ten minutes till class. I shrug on my jeans and shirt, stepping into my usual heels since I'm too lazy to try to find my sneakers and socks. I grunted while snagging my bag, checking for the correct books, then headed for the door. I manage to remember my jacket at the last second, ambling down the hall, stairs, paved path, into building, elevator, into class.

The day blurs, random bits of thoughts sticking while the rest leaves me to riddle out what the hell I was trying to remember. I eat lunch, or was it dinner? I laugh, roomie grins as we joke, guy I think I've seen before talks to me as if he knows me while I try not to make it obvious I don't know him from the empty chair next to him.

Soon enough, back in dorm, back in room. Thinking about doing work, knowing I won't until its necessary, looking at desk, and ruffling through junk for remote. Hours pass and I finally sleep. The fleeting thought that I should clean up passes, leaving only the knowledge that I won't clean for another couple weeks as I drift into a pleasant oblivion.