BakemonoShiki [Interest Check]

Started by Leki, February 03, 2018, 09:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonandi

Thank you, everyone, for your input!

It seems like it's a bit of a toss up between two and five... Personally I prefer two, so unless anyone has any objections that might be the one I end up going with.

Leki

They were odd, in they're weird creepy ways~
But most of them were really nice too!
So I doubt there'll be any objections.
Especially since it is your character and all xD

Also.... is it something I did?
Seems like we went quiet as soon as we moved to the Non-Con section.
I sense a conspiracy....
Or maybe we've exhausted topics to chat about xD

SweetSerenade

No Leki! Nothing wrong, I just have a lot going on right now. xD I'm trying to get through everything so I can finally reach making the Female Shiki... Just have a stack of stuff in IRL and online. <3 I'm around, I just haven't had much more input on stuff. xD

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Gardsorm

@Joanie - Melusine is coming along quite well! Much more playful and easygoing than I expected, but this is a good thing~ It's gonna be nice seeing her story here. :3

@Vonandi - No objections from me! Definitely one of the ones I enjoy, and it'll be fun to see how her dynamic turns out. o:

@Leki - Mawp, we all have like a week or two left before the game begins and we're exhausting chat options little by little.  =p Gotta find some way to stretch out this last segment til we begin!

Avalon29

@Von
Two looks like she'll be lots of fun to me. No complaints here. I'm eager to see what she's like.

@Leki

Probably just us slowly running out of things to talk about. We've been chatting for a couple of weeks now after all. I mean I could bring up random character ideas I have that won't get made because I know my limits on character numbers but I don't think we're that desperate yet. XD

I have come up with a couple questions though. What's the relationship between shiki and shadows? Are there shadows on any of the other worlds? Do the shiki and shadows mostly ignore each other or are the shadows attracted to shiki for some reason or vice versa?

Leki

Haha yeah.... I just wanted to make sure we'd exhausted discussion topics this weekend.
Since my activity over the next few days will be a bit sketchy~
Once that's cleared up we'll be moving to the OoC.
And this time next week we should have the IC starting to take shape.

As unlikely as it is, if anyone expresses interest over the next few days;
We're still accepting Shiki and Occultists of either gender.
Though with that said I'm pretty happy with the cast as it is now.
Plenty of diversity and potential heading in all directions xD

In regards to further characters beyond secondaries.
Not going to be handing those out any time soon, and I'll be pretty reluctant throughout.
NPC characters however are open to most people. I've put up 3 NPC's in the information thread.
But I will admit that Kaisei will probably be a special NPC with a more prominent role.
Kuon, Waldo, Ikuyo will be around and about but mainly to spice up an interaction, or pick up unoccupied space.

Shiki and Shadow Relationships
There really isn't much between the two really.
If people are keen, they can have an odd Shadow appear in Charon/Errure/Veskra.
But there's no dark hour, and it'd just be perceived as an odd anomaly, a "monster" that's easily and quickly dispatched.
Shadows are primarily interested in Prana, so a Shiki with a high level might attract them, but generally even the dumbest ones are smart enough to recognize when they don't stand a snowflake's chance in hell. The stronger ones though could use it to identify and locate certain Shiki I suppose.

Avalon29

Well I certainly don't plan to be making any more characters. I know my limits. Doesn't stop the ideas from randomly popping into my head about characters though.  xD

As for the shiki and shadow stuff, okie dokie. Sounds like the dark hour for shiki on their own is free time to be themselves without having to worry about humans seeing them and being able to do whatever they want.

Gardsorm

Welp, all things considered, it feels like we really are on that last stretch of waiting for the game to take off. I'm pretty happy with how the cast looms so far too, between what we have and what we'll get soon if/when people finish up. o:

I'm loving the new NPCs for sure. I feel like Haru and Kuon will probably have to meet at some point, haha. Trap fox meets Trap cat~

@Avalon: I know the feel of wanting to discuss potential characters, haha. Admittedly, anything else I could make would be very iffy for me to put up at this point, especially when we're looking for Occultists now, especially female ones.

akirakaneda

Hey people, I've been out of elliquiy for some days (wow this thread reached 11 pages), but I just finished my character, I did a bit in a hurry, but hope everything is ok.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Kensuke Miyamoto
Height:  5'5'' (1.68 m)
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
World: Earth
Sexuality: Straight

Personality Keyword

Determined: "Make your Combat Stance Your Everyday Stance": determination is an important characteristic for a Miyamoto, after all, a family that is dedicated to fight shadows needs it in order to continue with this mission and enforce it on others. For him, determination is not about to set rules for a goal, but to set rules for your life, in that way you will achieve your goals naturally.

Intelligent: unlike his sister Kensuke had never been a genius and he realised that determination doesn't help much if it's not properly focused, that's why he appreaciates the intelligence. Only through intelligence it is possible to focus the warrior's strengths (like determination or bravery), the conditions of the fight (ground, moment) and even the weakness of the enemy.
Then he works hard to evolve from the mere warrior who might win fights to become the strategist who shall won the war.

Distant: well he is a child raised in a  powerful family with an aristocratic past, for many people he is gentle but distant, the kind of guy who never used slang, and the straight A student type.

Human background

Social Status:
Kensuke was the second son of the noble Minamoto family, a family which has strong ties in the politics, business and underworld of Japan, and also a long  tradition in the occult world, particularly attempting to contain the dark forces that menace Japan. The members of this family, particularly the children of the main family branch, are expected to train the bodies and minds to become proficient shadow fighters known as exorcists in the future.
Kensuke, like his elder sister, passed by this intense training but while his sister was considered a genius in the matter, Kensuke was more or less just average, even for Kensuke it was  clear that she would succeed their grandafather and become the leader of the family.
However when he was around 12, his sister, who was 20, went in a routine mission against shadows just to be found some days later brutally murdered (and raped). Though there are no clues of what happened to her, it is obvious that her murderer was an unusually strong shadow.
Since that day, Kensuke was the heir of the Miyamoto family, and had to pass a rigorous training and, in his new status, his family betrothed him with a girl of another traditional and powerful family (though he's in love with her she doesn't feel the same -if anything- for him).
That training, fueled by the desire to protect his future wife, turned into an outstanding hand to hand fighter and a deep expert in the secret knowledge concerning the shadows.
Indeed, he's very capable when it comes to hand to hand combat being taught some lethal techniques that are not allowed or forbidden by mainstream martial arts schools, and that had been passed from generation to generation of the clan, when it comes to guns, well he knows the basics; but even with all these, he is deeply frustrated as he can defeat -if lucky- only weak shadows.
Therefore, inmmediately after the Prana Burst he didn't hesitate in taking the opportunity of joining Tenma, just like his sister did 8 years ago, with a shiki he believed he could beat not only the weakest shadows, but also the strongest.

Shadows & Shiki: Like most of his opinions, these are heavily influenced by his family.

Shadows, are the enemy that had to be exterminated at any place, any moment and even any cost, when you fight them you must do it bravely and fiercely; cowardice or weakness are not only a defect but seen as a contagious disease.

Shikis, are tools, very useful but tools in the end, though you have to care and be thankful to the tool that allows you to do the work, you can't treat them as friends and even less as persons; if the shiki and the occultist are able to understand that they can work better, if not, you will fail to reveal your true potential if not losing your life.

Other Points of Interest:
- Aspirations: i) Being a strong occultist first to avenge the death's of his sister, and second, to protect his future wife, ii) to fulfill his duties as a heir and later as the head of Miyamoto family and protect Japan from shadows, iii) to marry his fiancee and having children.
Deep inside, he also wonders how would be to have the normal life of a young man, flirting, dating with a girl, going out, partying and such.

-Family: 
Grandfather: currently the head of the Miyamoto family, is a still strong old man with frightening eyes. He has a terminal disease.
Father: dissapeared since almost a decade ago, probably dead
Mother: dead (caused by complications after Kensuke's birth)
Big sister: dead
Fiancee: a girl older than him by 4 years, they have only met and spoke a few times, she doesn't show much interest in him (if any).

-Other Points of Interest:
-He had a scar on the cheek (Same place of the cut in the picture)
-He carries a kodachi made of iron forged in a shinto temple, it should have some effect in the shadows of level 1.
-Clothing: he usually wears a black jacket with a hood, he carries a mask that he uses to fight, usually Miyamotos fight wearing these masks is not only practical (to avoid being identified by humans or anyeone around), but also follows the tradition of ancient samurai warriors which fought with covered faces.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

-Sigil: his sigil it's in the right forearm

Gardsorm

And now we're on the last week of BMS's start up! :3 Last segment to finalize those profiles if they're not already done, set up the OOC and IC...

New character too? A human with prior experiences and obligations fighting Shadows. Looks interesting and may need a bit more explanation on how he works the way he does, but beyond that it'd be better if I waited for Leki to chime in on things.

Welcome back from your time away, though. o:

Avalon29

Yes! A new character and hopefully getting started soon! I'm excited! Probably good timing too since we've started to run out of things to talk about.

Gardsorm

The clock is counting down, but our enthusiasm rides as high as ever. =p

I've been thinking of how Takuya manages to survive in a combat situation, from the first time he had his Prana levels rise in the past to present.

In the end, with some outside opinions, decided he's not very good at fighting on his own. He can run, he can hide, he can flee, he can evade, but he's not much of a direct fighter. On the other hand, he's gonna be good at setting things up, for traps, ambushes...

Fighting the good fight directly can remain up to folks like Laphren, Kensuke, Tsukasa, ect. =p

Sephora

-stretches-

Granny Sephora has sent Leki her occultist.  Let us see if I am worthy to join your number.  :3

Avalon29

Gardsorm

Woohoo! Can't wait to see who and what you're bringing to the table! :3 Should give us something new to plot with and consider how to mess with interact with them!

Leki

Apologies for the absence, but I'm sure most of you guys knew about it :P
Been a busy few days, but it should be pretty wrapped up now~
Melusine and Xiang have been approved, and I'll be getting around to Kensuke next.
Can't promise I've returned just yet, since it's late where I am, and I'm a bit tired....
But we should continue our journey towards starting within a day or two.
At least move to an OoC since it's well overdue

Haven't heard much from MelodyCake and SweetSerenade between their respective secondary characters
But that's completely fine. They're secondaries and there's no need to have them done for the launch date.
Vonandi might need to get her wriggle on though, but we'll be accepting additional characters throughout the roleplay, so it's not something they need to get done immediately. As for any others who have expressed interest, I'm assuming they're too busy or their interest has dropped off.

Gardsorm

Welcome back, Leki. o: No worries, take your time in returning!

Gotta say I'm pleased to see Xiang back, should make mischief planning a bit easier since I've had chances to read up on her. :3

Avalon29

Woo Leki is alive and Xiang is back! Now where is...

*Looks for Tiamanka-human. Doesn’t see her and cries*

But all the additional characters we’ve gotten look great. Can’t wait to get started!

SweetSerenade

Working on my little Angel woman, currently. Rather amused with how she's turning out, I'm hoping all of you enjoy her. :3

It'll be interesting to see what sort of human she ends up picking. xD

Gardsorm

She sounds like she's going to be extra fun to play with considering not alot of us seem like virtuous types (time to break the divinity~), but I'll wait and see!

Question, we keeping the old means of bond-testing with Shiki? As in, kiss three, assault three?

MelodyCake

*Joins Avalon in searching for Timanka-Human*

That's not fair Avalon, getting my hopes up like this D:

*Starts building a memorial shrine for Timanka-Human, so she will never be forgotten*

But I am back! Well, I have been back for a while, but I will admit since landing I've done lots of sleeping at random times, as well just been getting a few essentials. But I am planning on writing up a character sheet for my new guy tomorrow. Is it bad that I'm dreading the most finding a name? I suck at naming my characters xD

I do want to note, I have noticed that beautiful Waldo has made the cast of characters <3
Actually, till this day, the Waldo piece is one of the more favorite pieces I have drawn xD

SweetSerenade

The Pink ball of fluff has been turned in. XD I need to make a run to the store, and I also need to get ready to take a shower. I'm planning on doing a bunch of school work today. XD I sort of streamlined the profile for my secondary because I wanted to get her out :3

Gardsorm

Welcome back, Melody! Glad the flight went well, and now yea... Time for work on that secondary char! :3 Usually names don't give me as much trouble, unless I'm trying to make up something exotic sounding. xD

@SS: Whoo! Go ahead and do your thing, and I'll be hoping to see what this pink ball of fluff looks like personality-wise in due time! o:

Leki

@Gardsorm (Hit & Kiss)
Personally a bit wary of going down that route again to be honest.
The idea seemed like a good one when I implemented it, but in practice it was pretty... fleh.
It led to a few interesting interactions, but there were also a lot of people who felt uncomfortable slapping a Shiki. (The players not the character), and certain characters decided to forgo the whole thing by consecutively smacking three characters in a single post before pissing off. If I was to try something like that again, it'd be decreased from three significantly....
Though I do like the idea of forcing Occultists and Shiki to interact with various characters besides their own partners.

While Sigil bonding will be the predominant partnership, there will be other opportunities and silly situations where Shiki might have to work with other Occultists, and vice versa. Eg; Cleaning roster xD

Avalon29

I imagine Haru didn't help with the not wanting to hit shiki bit. He seemed to have quickly gotten a reputation as the one everybody wanted to pet. :P Kidding, of course. Probably more nobody wanted to cause a scene or potentially lose someone as a possible partner. That and the fact that the choices seemed to range from too scary to hit to too adorable to hit

I do like the idea of scenes where shiki and occultists to interact with more than their partners. Then again, I'm up for anything that pushes characters who might not normally interact with one another to interact. Could make for some chaotic scenes when characters with opposing attitudes run up against one another.