Interest Check: Original World Final Fantasy RP

Started by Florence, February 17, 2013, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florence

Quote from: Revenent on February 17, 2013, 07:45:30 PM
Couldn't they just use the cannon for special attacks? Like how a Caller has monsters for special attacks, but doesn't do well in combat otherwise?

Honestly, I'd rather just stick to the more iconic Final Fantasy classes.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Revenent

:-( LOL, alright. If no one takes Dancer, I'll go with Bard, but if they do, I'll do Rune Knight instead.

Atkinson

So..  could a Homunculus be like a Genome?  If so, definitely a Genome warrior with Dragoon or Samurai aspirations!

Florence

Quote from: Atkinson on February 17, 2013, 10:07:59 PM
So..  could a Homunculus be like a Genome?  If so, definitely a Genome warrior with Dragoon or Samurai aspirations!

Like a genome in what way?
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Atkinson

Wargtass

Haven't played a Final Fantasy since 6. Will that be a problem? Otherwise I have an itch, and it can only be scratched with more Black Mage!  ;D
O/O

Florence

Quote from: Atkinson on February 17, 2013, 11:52:59 PM
In an FFIX sort of way?

I still don't understand the question? In what way are you asking if they'd be like Genomes? I suppose there would be identical models in the same line sometimes, like... an army of identical homunculi soldiers... so they have that in common... other than that, I'm not sure.

Quote from: Wargtass on February 18, 2013, 12:19:35 AM
Haven't played a Final Fantasy since 6. Will that be a problem? Otherwise I have an itch, and it can only be scratched with more Black Mage!  ;D

Not at all :O It's primarily inspired by I-VI.

Wargtass

Well Classic-High-Five to you then! Color me black and put me up!  ;D
O/O

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on February 18, 2013, 12:48:11 AM
I still don't understand the question? In what way are you asking if they'd be like Genomes? I suppose there would be identical models in the same line sometimes, like... an army of identical homunculi soldiers... so they have that in common... other than that, I'm not sure.

Genome; Look humanoid than mechanical being. A somekind magically created life which has skin/fur, blood and bones. But magic which created them leaves them bit 'mechanical' alike in behavior. Or as kind programmed a certain behavior with magic.

Spoilers from FFIX

Zidane Tribal, the main characther is a Genome. There is link for Genome info in his profile in wiki.

Wargtass

Hume Black Mage from Hyboria, looking to master the Black Arts completely rather than picking the obvious Sage route. He'll probably spend a lot of the beginning of the game complaining about the heat of Sahra.  ::)
O/O

Florence

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 18, 2013, 02:33:51 AM
Genome; Look humanoid than mechanical being. A somekind magically created life which has skin/fur, blood and bones. But magic which created them leaves them bit 'mechanical' alike in behavior. Or as kind programmed a certain behavior with magic.

Spoilers from FFIX

Zidane Tribal, the main characther is a Genome. There is link for Genome info in his profile in wiki.

Oh, I know that much, I just wasn't sure what was being asked exactly, but thank you. Yeah, most of them certainly look more biological than mechanical. Generally speaking though they don't have emotions, or at least 'real emotions', they may be programmed to emulate emotions, and perhaps even do so to an almost indistinguishable degree. There's sort of an I Robot "when does AI become sentience" thing going on with the ones with the most advanced intelligence, where whether or not they feel "real" emotions is more of a philosophical debate than a practical one. The only ones with that level of emotion are typically either designed to organically blend in with society, or serve as companions.

Atkinson

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Atkinson on February 18, 2013, 05:28:49 AM
Mostly I just wanted to have a tail. :)

And ears maybe? Maybe a bit red panda theme ;).

Wargtass

Who doesn't like tails? Its a good thing to hold on to while you... nevermind.
O/O

SirHakado

Quote from: Wargtass on February 18, 2013, 06:28:00 AM
Who doesn't like tails? Its a good thing to hold on to while you... nevermind.

This is why we have twintails/handlebars

Sabre

This might change depending on party balance, but once you have a story in mind I wouldn't mind joining as a Sahran Mystic Knight.

hippyness

Wow, everyone is moving around the full front melee classes. Still someone has to hold the front line, so I'd like to play a Hume Fighter. Country undecided.
Totally me in that avatar. ^_-
I need something exactly seven percent stronger than TEA!
Something I have found helpful from other partners. http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=hippyness

Sabre

I was hoping a Mystic Knight would be a front line fighter himself, but with a magic sword skill similar to Steiner of FFIX.  But if the class is more magic focused or too light to be on the front line as a tank then I'd probably pick a fighter, too.  Maybe if the black mage can enchant swords that'd be great for a 'dual tech' sort of approach.

Florence

Quote from: Atkinson on February 18, 2013, 05:28:49 AM
Mostly I just wanted to have a tail. :)

If you can explain WHY the tail is there, go for it xD

The only thing that comes to my mind is someone wanted a pet animal-girl or something, but I'm tired right now :P

Quote from: Sabre on February 18, 2013, 07:29:52 AM
I was hoping a Mystic Knight would be a front line fighter himself, but with a magic sword skill similar to Steiner of FFIX.  But if the class is more magic focused or too light to be on the front line as a tank then I'd probably pick a fighter, too.  Maybe if the black mage can enchant swords that'd be great for a 'dual tech' sort of approach.

Mystic Knights are based on their role in FFV, they're frontline fighters, more than spellcasters. They're not as strong as warriors, but make up for it by being able to enchant their weapons with elements or status effects to make themselves very versatile.

Atkinson

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on February 18, 2013, 09:16:00 AM
If you can explain WHY the tail is there, go for it xD

The only thing that comes to my mind is someone wanted a pet animal-girl or something, but I'm tired right now :P

I would gun for something a little more ambitious!  Perhaps an escaped and/or failed/abandoned experiment by the Reynes military, an effort to make a better special purpose agent or something.  Sort of like an airship marine, where her tail could be a valuable tactile or balance advantage. (Which could explain her warrior-disposition!)  But that route of development could possibly have been discarded in (political) favor of some more thrilling technology like Magitek Armor maybe.

PS: You should make your average elf height taller than average hume height, since that's how they've seemed to be in FFXI/XIV!

Sabre

I'm sure the ladies would appreciate a tall, strapping Elvaan to princess-carry them from time to time.

Atkinson

Quote from: Sabre on February 18, 2013, 10:54:03 AM
I'm sure the ladies would appreciate a tall, strapping Elvaan to princess-carry them from time to time.
Damn straight!

Wargtass

So all I will have to do is create a female Black Mage and I'll have my mode of transportation in Sabre. Sweet!  ;D

Jokes aside, the older games had the elves actually being shorter than humans. In the end it's probably just a matter of taste. I don't want to stand in the way of the elves' freedom of height just to be a grumpy old-schooler. I'm far too happy for that.

Think I'll give my Black Mage a taste of shaman, seeing as he comes from the tribal lands.
O/O

Xilian

Quote from: hippyness on February 18, 2013, 07:18:37 AM
Wow, everyone is moving around the full front melee classes. Still someone has to hold the front line, so I'd like to play a Hume Fighter. Country undecided.
If I read it correctly blue mages can also use physical abilities as their fighting style. I take they enhance their physical abilities with magic?
Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm new to this

Revenent

On second thought, I think I may have my character be a female monk, leading into a berserker, if that's alright.