[Exalted 2.5] Infernals: Heroes of Hell (LFM)

Started by Re Z L, November 23, 2012, 06:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 27, 2012, 04:25:17 PM
Wings only work for the duration that they are active, and walking around with shining wings all the time might not be the best idea.

Those time Im not using the wings I have an app of 7. In many parts of the world I think I could get away with it and bluff my way around it when someone actually tries to confront me about them. I could change something around slightly to get an app of 8 without any obvious indication of supernatural enhancement.

So now I, going to have to think about whether I want the wings and an app 7 when not displaying them. Or if i want a constant App 8 and no wings. I could get app 8 and the wings but even as awesome as flying is I don't think it's worth it for 1 app and flight.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Cessali

It's worth taking into account that at this point, we're on the side that's won.  The Yozi have won.  The Reclamation has succeeded.  The Sun is dead.  Darkness has blotted out much of the Blessed Isle, Adorjan aggressively snuffs out sounds that come too close, some of the rivers of the East flow with magma and agony... there is no Wyld Hunt, there are no Sidereal demon-hunting teams.  There are Terrible Argent Witches out there, and Abyssals, but the wrath of a Witch who means you harm is something you don't prepare for as much as you endure and try to recover from.

All of the above is, really, to say "unless you intend to make a career of hiding, attempting to be inobvious or non-supernatural is not something we are likely to worry about."

ShadowFox89

I don't think the Warlocks would be unified in their goals though. Look at the Modern Shard as an example, the Infernals like to plot against each other. I mean, sure, we've got the Yozi around, but the Infernals are hardly weak. The Yozi treating Infernals like crap is only poking a sleeping dragon, one who can bite back.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Jarick on November 27, 2012, 08:13:49 PM
It's worth taking into account that at this point, we're on the side that's won.  The Yozi have won.  The Reclamation has succeeded.  The Sun is dead.  Darkness has blotted out much of the Blessed Isle, Adorjan aggressively snuffs out sounds that come too close, some of the rivers of the East flow with magma and agony... there is no Wyld Hunt, there are no Sidereal demon-hunting teams.  There are Terrible Argent Witches out there, and Abyssals, but the wrath of a Witch who means you harm is something you don't prepare for as much as you endure and try to recover from.

All of the above is, really, to say "unless you intend to make a career of hiding, attempting to be inobvious or non-supernatural is not something we are likely to worry about."

I was thinking about that myself.

Cessali

The Modern shard has also had umpteen hundred years of Infernal Exalted specifically running the show; they've had time to form coalitions, vendettas, and fatten up on the notion of power-- and the Yozi, in the Modern Shard, are more like the forces of the Lovecraft mythos rather than active and personal players in the by-politics of Creation.

I'd wager that the warlocks of this setting don't have any unified goals, either, though that's probably due to the fact that we are currently in... shall we say, a much more subordinate position than the conspiracy backing the Modern setting.  Breaking free and doing our own thing, against our erstwhile masters if need be, seems likely to be a consideration we will have to deal with.

Re Z L

Updates:

• All characters must spend 1 ability dot in Linguistics in order to speak Old Realm.

Also I wanted to talk about Urges.

Urges are not a second motivation for your character, nor are they goals that necessarily serve your own interests.  They serve the interest of the Yozis, and they may be things that have already been completed in your character's backstory (considering how the setting begins).  They could be abstract concepts or they could be very specific goals against particular groups of people.

I'll be happy to make your Urges for you if you would like, but I will be vetoing Urges that I feel don't fit if you decide to make them yourself.

Basically ask yourself one question when designing them:  How does this help the Yozi who designed the Urge?  If you can't answer that, then you may need to rethink your Urge.

And lastly, we have a solid number of 8 people who seem seriously interested in the game, so I'd like to start seeing completed character sheets hopefully by the weekend.  If you have questions along the way or need help on anything feel free to contact me and I'll help whenever/however I can   ;D
A&A

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Re Z L on November 27, 2012, 10:07:35 PM
Updates:

• All characters must spend 1 ability dot in Linguistics in order to speak Old Realm.
Urges are not a second motivation for your character, nor are they goals that necessarily serve your own interests.  They serve the interest of the Yozis, and they may be things that have already been completed in your character's backstory (considering how the setting begins).  They could be abstract concepts or they could be very specific goals against particular groups of people.

I thought if an urge was completed than you just acquire a new urge.

ChaoticSky

deadline!  :o

*runs in circles and panics*

ShadowFox89

I think I'm waiting on bonus charms for my lunar to be finalized....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Darkling on November 27, 2012, 11:41:03 PM
deadline!  :o

*runs in circles and panics*

*panics with her*

Seriously though I get on it on friday likely or today do some sketches.

Re Z L

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 27, 2012, 11:50:24 PM
I think I'm waiting on bonus charms for my lunar to be finalized....

Well wait no longer!

2x First or Second (or mix) Attribute Excellencies (ex. First Dex and Second Charisma)
1x Ox Body Technique
Flicker-Flash Flesh Phase
Mask-Piercing Insight
Persuasive World-Whisper
A&A

ShadowFox89

Cool, I'll get on that character sheet asap.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaleEnchantress

Before I finalize Sonnellion I really have to figure out where he is going. With The Widow it's obvious to me to go into necromancy (with the occasional investment in self preservation and taking advantage of its epic social powers), better sorcery, better power over ghosts, better necrotech.

The Bitch Queen though, there are a lot of paths he could go on and they all look fun. He is obviously a "face" type but controlling individuals is a means to gain power, not power in itself. Solars and Sidereals seem more fit for that whole "Im going to focus on just social combat". That makes someone set to be more of a "man behind the man" anyway.

Am I delving into sorcery? Am I instead going to maximize upon Mind Hand Manipulation and Heuristic Logos Shintai? Am I instead going for a minion master sort of thing where I dabble in one and then work through beings I have enslaves, modified into monsters with Genesis, and then outfitted with crafted artifacts?

Zaer Darkwail

Now, I am getting bit frustrated with PC in another exalted and it gave me idea.....does ST allow me create infernal version of Hazama from BlazBlue? Also would this shintai charm get approval;

Ebon Memory Shintai
Cost: 10m, 2wp; Mins: Essence 4;
Type: Dramatic Action (10 ticks); Duration: Instant; Keywords: Form-type, Sorcerous, Touch, Compulsion, Emotion, Shaping, Social; Prerequisites: Golden Years Tarnished Black, Memory Poison Mastery, Dark Claws Seize Dark Hearts, Everything Gets Worse, Weak Minds Believe Anything, Nemesis Self Imagined Anew and Eldrict Secrets Mastery.

Ebon Memory is one most vicious forms a infernal deeply favoring The Ebon Dragon and have become expert in manipulation of intimacies related to memories. To trigger this form green sun prince must peacefully interact with person for ten ticks in social circumstance, a person targeted by Nemesis Self Imagined Anew. Then after ten ticks green sun prince must touch the invindual and then overwhelm his victim with overwhelming personal presence. This charm automatically fails those who have superior essence compared to user of this charm.

Green sun prince rolls Manipulation+Presence roll, if this roll goes over target's MDV then victim must spend 3 WP resist the influence (each 3 sux over MDV adds +1 extra WP cost up to max 5 before adding extra from charm). If target is unable pay WP cost then victim falls unconcious for 5 minutes into deep coma alike slumber.

The infernal can then activate his transformation where he transforms into inky shapeless cloud of black smoke and enters on victim's mouth and nostrils inside victim's body! The process causes victim convulse and suffer horrible dark nightmares during duration of the slumber. When victim wakes up he or she has no recall of meeting infernal nor figure out why he or she passed out. Despite being a Sorcerous charm, the Essence spent activating this charm remains committed. Uncommitting this Essence allows the warlock to end the charm prematurely.

Now the true horror of this technique is revealed; this technique allows transform infernal into a living corrupting memory! He is a extra presence inside dark shadowy corners of victim's mind! While traveling this way the infernal is aware of all things the victim observes, using victim awareness and perception and also aware what victim feels and thinks in any occassion. Including even view what dreams person sees or is magically send by someone.

Also infernal can study and learn all memories and their emotional content what victim has towards said memories or past events. However this sort research takes time and usually infernal learns number of years worth of information egual to his essence per six hours (total essencex4 years amount information in single day). Possession of a god or other long living exalt may take months if not years to analyze. If infernal wants learn specific memories he needs to roll Wits+Investigation roll against target's MDV; infernal can use TED excelencies or Shadow Spite Curse affect this roll and it's considered undetected social attack. Doing this sort search asks infernal spend temporal willpower to do so and infernal can make this check once every six hours.

But this technique is not only meant to just pry information from subject's mind; infernal can place himself to any memory the victim has and reshape those events anyway he likes. Victim may recall him villain or close friend or lover while being possessed. Also additionally infernal can use and target each and every memory the subject has (and which infernal is aware) with Golden Years Tarnished Black and use whatever other related charms to twist and corrupt it or influence the victim.

Also any social keyworded charms like Wretched Vile Lies work also, but these charms must be used through one method what infernal can use torment victim in this form; it's in form of creating vivid feeling nightmares. Infernal can, when his victim sleeps, to manipulate victim's dreams to create nightmares where he creates visions to haunt her and deny benefits of rests but also allows do social attacks towards the victim. Actual content is up to infernal to decide but nightmares are meant only to create negative/harmful intimacies and scare the victim.

So long infernal uses personal essence to the charm this tampering is not anyway detected by victim nor people around him or her. But if he uses peripheral essence the infernal can be detected with any methods which detect possession of spirits and demons in people and victim itself can spend 3 WP to feel emotions manipulated but cannot any fashion pinpoint obvious source for this tampering.

Any harm done to victim is not reflected on green sun prince (upon death of the victim infernal automatically departs from the body), nor green sun prince cannot be found even with Loom of Fate, tracking charm/spell or any scrying spell while in this shintai form while possessing someone. Very best it only shows last location where he was before disappearing. But this perfect disappearance has a cost; infernal cannot recover essence nor willpower expect doing stunts (through creating nightmares or when doing targeted memory searches). Not even prayers from cult provide nourishment.

Infernal can depart anytime from the victim, and while he does, all memory related to him or made by using the shintai technique is erased from victim's mind but any other memories tampered with Golden Years Tarnished Black or other social charms stay in place in the victim.

Possession can be broken with emerald circle countermagic, forcibly ejecting infernal from possessed victim and appear nearest fitting space available to him max yards egual to infernal's essence score. Repurchase of this charm in 5th essence level makes ejecting possession with countermagic harder; demanding then celestial circle spell to do so. A second repurchase at essence 5 allows infernal perform a total take over a victim who falls asleep while having 0 willpower. When victim falls asleep, infernal takes over the body and controls it like a puppet. using Victim's physical traits and appearance but other social and mental traits come from Infernal. Victim suffers nightmare visions from events or things done during this control and automatically after 8 hours victim awakes up and infernal has to relinquish the control.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Re Z L

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 28, 2012, 11:41:51 PM
Now, I am getting bit frustrated with PC in another exalted and it gave me idea.....does ST allow me create infernal version of Hazama from BlazBlue? Also would this shintai charm get approval;

I could potentially allow it, I'm going to look it over one or more times before I finally say yes, though.

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 29, 2012, 06:07:54 PM
Can we use the following for power armor/warstriders?

http://forums.white-wolf.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=69965

I'm going to have to say no to this.
A&A

ShadowFox89

Pity. Ah well, wasn't too interested in power armor anyway.

What's your call on Infinite Resplendent Amulet's soak bonus stacking with artifact armor? Does it stack?

And Darkling, you were interested in your Slayer being my Lunar's Mate, right?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 29, 2012, 06:55:26 PM
What's your call on Infinite Resplendent Amulet's soak bonus stacking with artifact armor? Does it stack?

It should stack since it's not stacking the same statistic.   Armor sets your soak value to a specific number, the amulet gives a modifier.

Re Z L

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 29, 2012, 06:55:26 PM
Pity. Ah well, wasn't too interested in power armor anyway.

Bonuses of the same type don't stack.  Armor gives you soak, the amulet gives you soak, you only get the benefit of the better one.
A&A

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Re Z L on November 29, 2012, 07:32:13 PM
Bonuses of the same type don't stack.  Armor gives you soak, the amulet gives you soak, you only get the benefit of the better one.

I believe this was clarified to be untrue in errata. I heard it from someone else so I'll ask them to explain.

ShadowFox89

Could always go bug Plague of Hats or Holden about it.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 29, 2012, 07:42:53 PM
Could always go bug Plague of Hats or Holden about it.

I may just be confused. Darkkling was actually the one who pointed out to me that armor and resplendent amulet stack. I had the same question when I was thinking of getting the amulet.

ShadowFox89

Well, the amulet doesn't say it grants armored soak, just soak. It even says the soak doesn't count as armor for charm purposes.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 29, 2012, 07:46:36 PM
Well, the amulet doesn't say it grants armored soak, just soak. It even says the soak doesn't count as armor for charm purposes.

Lets just wait for Darkkling to be able to explain it again. ST has final say regardless, but when she explained it to me it really made sense.

PaleEnchantress

Just making sure the experience costs on  page 274 of the exalted 2nd ed book are what we are using, correct?