News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Scourge of Worlds - A Pathfinder Adventure

Started by Laughing Hyena, April 19, 2011, 02:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kate

Sabriel

Well there is four of us so far as I remember that have sort of made characters specifically for the game with Callie suggesting some along the way too, so there is one or two more spots to be had depending if Laughing is open to have six players originally I know he said he wanted five but I remember some talk of that too.

So far (I think) we have a Alchemist,Bard,Fighter and Inquisitor 

A rogue would be useful too, I think the would fit in well with the group too someone who could make and disarm traps might fit in well maybe be more a part of the bounty hunting side of things, perhaps serving as a snitch and undercover type gathering information scouting etc.   

I am happy to help more if I can and well talk more about how characters might know each other previously etc :)

Yorubi

Well I wouldn't want to play the bad girl thief type... you know... more so the one that feels as though "what's yours is mine" and believes that the world is open to anyone who might want to explore. So what the door was locked and it was trapped, that doesn't mean anything when things are meant to be shared among people whether it might be a place to live or some item she might 'require'. It is not breaking and entering if you truly believe you are allowed to enter.  O:)

As a side note: It can be such a pain to find a good character sometimes. ^^;;

Sabriel

Hehe

Yeah that sounds good.

I think that would fit well with my own characters views too, since she would not believe herself restricted by such rules, she believes in laws and such but well has her own code of ethics which is above them and is strongly tied to her religion and not the laws of local governments etc although she will respect them and uphold them even so long as they don't interfere with her duty. For example, if someone she is after for some crime was hiding inside a building, given no other option she might be willing to break into the place to do her job although she would consider it simply going where she was needed. After doing such however she probably explain why she had no other option and perhaps attempt to make amends for the act and any damage even if it was caused by the other party. Basically she thinks of herself as an agent of law and the faith and well as such she is permitted to take certain methods and measures when there necessary. 

Yorubi

Exactly! Sept my character would avoid getting caught, and deny absolutely that she broke in, insisting that the door was open (despite the numerous locks she might of picked or traps disabled) and see no wrong or reason to justify her actions. She would be so bold to break into a friend's home and be found sleeping on their bed "cause there was no where else to sleep" and probably would wave them away innocently and turn over to her side and fall back asleep. ^^;; Pretty much if she ever got in trouble with the law, she would innocently try swatting them away as if she did nothing wrong in a rather cute and a bit playful manor. If she stole something, she was justify her way into doing it. Pretty much she would be playing stupid even though you know full well if you have a clue about her that she is very clever. XD

Ebb

That sounds neat, Yorubi. It's a very Fey sort of outlook.

Sabriel

Yeah that is neat I think that the group is coming along really nicely I am looking forward to seeing what exploits the little "Traveling Caravan" can get up too :)

Yorubi

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll251/Yorubi16/RP%20chars/Ninja_Girl_anime.jpg
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll251/Yorubi16/RP%20chars/anime_girl_elf.jpg
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll251/Yorubi16/RP%20chars/theThief.jpg

Well i got 3 possible characters now woot! Yeah, if you can't figure, I'm one of those people who can't start on a character till I have a good appearance to work with to further complete the personality of the character. Hmm I could have her potentially being raised by the Fey actually, could be an interesting background. Was thinking of her growing up as an adopted child or something and a Fey could be interesting to use as 'parents' for her, give they work in this RP. :)

Kate

Yorubi

Haha alright. Well stat wise I got invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/26679/ which is pretty good really. Would of been nice to get a little higher on one stat and lower on another, but eh, more saves/skills isn't a bad thing either. Over-all rather nice rolls XD

Sabriel

He I normally work the other way around myself if I use a picture at all, although I can sometimes find myself inspired to create a concept for a picture.

I had several pictures I found for my character a few I thought I could use together but this one I thought was the best id found so far, it captured a few elements of her I felt and well the sort seaming luminescence around her fitted too. Since she like many of the Pholtus faith tends to wander around with some magical light emitting about her, her favored source is one of her magical items I purchased which is basically a ioun stone that simply emits light.  A gift given to her in her childhood (Probably by the man we are sent to find :P ) her first magical treasure and a comfort of her faith.

These are the others I thought inspiring and matching

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Maybe she could be one of the children orphans I mentioned in my background but maybe she wound up in the care of the Fae/Fey somehow instead, there is a nifty little trait for that being raised by magical creatures I mean.

I would agree with Kate also my preference would be for the third one, seams roguish and well I like the drawings style.   

Yorubi

I just feel a picture really does a good job emphasizing a character. Sure you "Can't judge a book by its cover" but at the same time you can tell some things about them and there should be reasonable expectations their behaviors should match their appearance to some degree. It can really inspire to some things you might not otherwise imagine. In the end, I do tend to have some general idea and I just like the picture to more focus in on the idea and give a better shape upon how the character is.

Hmm 3rd picture it is then. Traits I really need to check out myself. Not use to them being included (not that I'm an expert on system RPs to have lots of experience) so I'll probably give it a nice look over. I have made a rogue before though I was more so a throwing weapon rogue, while this time I'll be the good old 'brawler' type of sorts, getting into the action close and personal with a nice rogue touch of finesse behind her. ^^

Sabriel

Neat hehe I can certainly understand pictures being inspiring for things they can help a lot, I have been inspired before by them. I am just quite used to working from scratch and then like finding the picture later and matching it to what id dreamed up for the character.

If you need any help with anything Yorubi feel free to ask :)

Yorubi

Thanks! Was a little curious as to the trait that adopted children might gain from a magical creature you mentioned before... Didn't notice it when scanning through before. ^^;;

Hmm must say its harder to pick out a weapon. Was going for a short sword, but its stats and all seem kinda lack luster, might as well have a long sword and just get over-weight weapon (well if the gm allows it from 3.5 ^^;; ) since feat wise I'm actually pretty good with being human. Hmm I need a slashy-stabby-esque kind of weapon to feel like a happy rogue... just not sure what to pick. ^^

Edit: Wow... http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/weapon-descriptions/sabre-sawtooth yeash that actually seems very good for a rogue to have. >.< 1d8 with 19-20/x2 and with exotic it counts as a light weapon ^^;;

Ebb

Added a picture and some traits. Couldn't find a halfling picture that I really fell in love with, but this one will do.

Sabriel

Here are is a big list of traits Yorubi

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits

and the one I mentioned is "Magical Knack"

QuoteMagical Knack

You were raised, either wholly or in part, by a magical creature, either after it found you abandoned in the woods or because your parents often left you in the care of a magical minion. This constant exposure to magic has made its mysteries easy for you to understand, even when you turn your mind to other devotions and tasks.

Benefit: Pick a class when you gain this trait—your caster level in that class gains a +2 trait bonus as long as this bonus doesn’t increase your caster level higher than your current Hit Dice.

Ive taken it before even when I intended never to multi class  :P

Yorubi

Haha I see. I saw the traits tree before just didn't see that particular one you were talking about. Well, just to get it over with my Hp roll http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3000263/ Ouch, looks like its getting back at me for having pretty good stat roles haha XD Well thats a 100% sure for me to apply all my favored class points to HP XD

Anyways so far here is my character so far. Keep in mind she isn't complete yet, its probably going to be about what you see there.
Tailee (Tai/Tay)

As a side note... for some reason my strength modifier hates me and its not working... won't let me modify it either so I'll need to add +3 to the misc tab for str skills or something. >.<

Sabriel

That is odd maybe if you fiddled around reentering and like refreshing the sheet it might update ?

I did have a problem with Kate's sheet at one point where I accidentally put in how much her horse weighed and it fluffed up her AC, but that I managed to fix by removing the weight of the horse which obviously your not going to carry around :P I did have to manually fix the AC though after.

Yorubi

Yeah not sure.... tried saving it a few times and it keeps doing it. Hmm I'll try messing around with some things to see.

Hmm well I used http://www.d20srd.org/srd/typesSubtypes.htm here to find traits associated with Fey and found they don't really have much. >.< Wonder if Low-light vision would work (put it in for now) would count considering she probably would be in conditions being raised by them that she would adapt to it. ^^;; Still need to pick out 1 more trait that matches and is helpful... hmm not sure if any exists though heh ^^;;

Working anyways on weapons and the likes right now to get her nice and ready to go for combat. :) Hmm to get +2 AC (Amulet + Ring) or just go for +2 Strength for more hit...  *ponders*

Laughing Hyena

I have noticed that glitch as well and as for traits i should mention that its the standard practice of two traits without feats to increase it.

Sabriel

I figured that since it is the norm and suggested as did Kate since thats all she asked me to add to her sheet :-)

Yorubi

Yeah I figured it might be. Anyways, how does my character look thus far (granted I might change some things)?

Oh, and above I posted about taking a racial trait from Fey (since they aren't listed under traits at all) from d20 having the Low-light vision using the Adopted trait. Would that be fine?

Sabriel

I don't really think that would count as a trait  :P

Traits are supposed to be minor things not like actual racial abilities, that would get messy.

When it mentions racial traits it means those types of traits in the list, there not the same as race traits like dark vision etc, ability to use a certain weapon etc I believe.

Yorubi

Yeah true. Didn't really know about it so I'll just go grab another trait hehe :)

Edit: RReactionary only made sense since she could find herself in trouble and would react quickly from it. Hmm still debating to go Dirty Fighting since its useful and she probably would logically come to the conclusion to take what she can get if its being offered (in her mind at least) though I still might look through more for traits :) Armor expert seems good (and I can see logically that she would be comfortable in her armor and not have the penalty after being use to it for so long on her own) but eh I still think there are better matching traits.

Kate