Exalted 2nd ed: experienced player seeking gm and group.

Started by ravinwulf, May 29, 2015, 06:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ravinwulf

Hello all. I love the exalted system and would like to find a group wirh GM for a game. I tend to be more of a lunar player, but i know all the different factions and orginizations so i can playe any game really. Please PM me if you have a opening for one more.

Muse

*pounce* 

My games are a bit dragging right now.  I need to either kick them back into gear or start new ones. 

Either way, keep in touch and i'll get you into something soon.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

eternaldarkness

I'm down for exalted if there's a way to get a Sidereal in. I love them, but never get to play them.

ravinwulf

I don't know much about them to be honest. More of a lunar player to be honest.

eternaldarkness

Yeah, most exalted players are crazy about everything but Sidereals, to my never ending sadness :( The coolest (IMHO) exalts... And nobody likes them.

ravinwulf

It is more they are so hard core bureaucracy and fate weave its not much that GMs want to deal with.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: ravinwulf on June 02, 2015, 02:54:33 PM
It is more they are so hard core bureaucracy and fate weave its not much that GMs want to deal with.

I honestly don't get why that is. They're actually easier than any other exalt type: built-in structure that makes it easy for them to have reasons to work together, an established infrastructure that eliminates the need to pull out far-fetched justifications for far-flung missions and globetrotting, and a charm list and Powers that is finite and never changes. Perfect for a structured play by post game, actually.

Muse

I'm a massive exalted fan, and haven't gotten to do anything with Sidereals in a quite some time. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Muse on June 02, 2015, 09:27:19 PM
  I'm a massive exalted fan, and haven't gotten to do anything with Sidereals in a quite some time.

You know, I may just do an interest check for a Sidereals game. I think there might be enough interest to make a good game. Be on the lookout for it.

hellrazoromega

Man I would sacrifice a whole bag of gummi bears to the Unconquered Sun himself to play Exalted. Alchemicals are my fave then Sidereals, Lunars, and Solars, in that order(although I may love the Night Caste just about as much as Lunars). I much prefer Abyssals and Infernals as antagonists rather than protagonists. Hands down my favorite RPG and while I have run it a great deal, I so rarely get to play. If a game came open I'd be all over it. I have been looking at some of the Exalted games you have up Muse and like what I see. if you do another and have room I'll go get that bag of gummi bears.

bend

Mmmmh... now I'm picturing my old Lunar girl having hot lesbian sex with her Solar Mate. I'd love to play her again, she's a No Moon sorceress.
I don't particularly like Sidereals, it's like playing V:tM all over again.
- A&A - On & Offs -

hellrazoromega

Quote from: bend on July 09, 2015, 03:39:47 PM
Mmmmh... now I'm picturing my old Lunar girl having hot lesbian sex with her Solar Mate. I'd love to play her again, she's a No Moon sorceress.
I don't particularly like Sidereals, it's like playing V:tM all over again.

The politics of the Sidereals do get tedious at times--I tend to play Sidereals who like to "stay out of the office," as it were. I just love their Charms and playing with fate and all that.

You know I have always wanted to do game which would only allow Solars and Bonded Lunar mates and now I am on a site which would allow it as I envisioned it. Oh for sakes Pete---now I gotta get my drawing board.

Annaamarth

I have an old rebellious Infernal concept I'd dig.  Almost all of the Solar-grade power, almost all of the sidereal weirdness, a slightly different flavour of anti hero than Abyssals, and what I felt was a legitimate concept for a character who had both a legitimate reason to throw off the yoke of the Yozi's brainwashing (this was assisted by the Throwback flaw and the True Love merit) and a way to upset the Reclamation without being Tormented forever.

When I first put the character together, he had stupid amounts of backstory, and the ST gave me extra bonus xp for that, but I could rebuild him as book-standard.

I guess there's a lot of Infernal hatred out there, and I don't exactly understand it, but if anyone is still interested in doing this, I'm in.  The same character works as a Solar (but differently) or an Abyssal with slight changes to background.  Sidereals too.

Really, I suppose it was just Lunars that never grabbed me and shook the interest into me.
Ons/Offs

My sins are pride, wrath and lust.