Name: Tickle Pink Mnemosyne

Crunch (Not Finalized)
Background: Lost
Faction: Scum
Morph: Jenkin
Gender ID: Female (usually)
Actual Age: 24 (Time-Dilated)
Motivations: +Hedonism, +Better Living Through Chemistry, +Thrill Seeking

Positive Ego Traits: Ambidextrous (Level 1), Expert (Art: Designer Drugs) (Level 1), Psi (Level 2)
Negative Ego Traits: Addiction (Sex) (Level 1), Black Mark (Tharsis League) (Level 3), Mental Disorder (Borderline Personality Disorder), Mental Disorder (Impulse Control Disorder (Sexual Exhibitionist)), Mental Disorder (Alien Sensory Disorder), Neurochemical Imbalance (Euphoria) (Level 1), On the Run (Tharsis League) (Level 1)

Positive Morph Traits: Exceptional Aptitude (WIL)
Negative Morph Traits: Social Stigma (Unattractive) (Level 2)

COG
COO
INT
REF
SAV
SOM
WIL
Base
Morph*
Total
Stats
TT
LUC
IR
WT
DUR
DR
MOX
INIT
SPD
DB
1(1)/3
* After all implants are included

Skills:

ACD: Computer Science66NW: Criminals (Conduit)34(44)
ACD: Nanotechnology66Perception44
ACD: Chemistry33Persuasion (Seduction)34(44)
ART: Designer Drugs (Petal Design)88(98)*PLT: Spacecraft33
Blades (Wasp Knife)45(55)PRF: Chemical Engineering33
Control44PRF: Dealer (Petal Dealing)67(77)
Fray44PRF: Bioware Design44
Freefall33PRF: Smuggling Tricks33
HW: Implants (Bioware Hacks)34(44)PRF: Social Engineering33
Infosec (Brute Force Hacking)67(77)Programming (Nanofabrication)50(60)
INT: Drug Culture55Protocol (Triad Etiquette)34(44)
INT: TITAN Technology55Research (Tracking)45(55)
Interfacing (Stealthing)45(55)Scrounging33
LNG: English85Seeker Weapons (Indirect Fire)45(55)
MED: Paramedic33Sense44
MED: Pharmacology44Spray Weapons40
NW: Autonomists (Scum)45(55)Unarmed Combat44
* Yes, this is a skill at which she has systemwide notoriety in drug circles per p.174 of the Core Rules. Fortunately, it's the sort of thing where your name comes up in association with the field but your face probably isn't on Hypercorp XP channels.

Optional Muse Skills:
PRF: Inner System Law 40
PRF: Security Systems 40
PRF: Police Procedures 40

Morph: Jenkin

Implants: Basic Biomods, Basic Mesh Inserts, Cortical Stack, Enhanced Hearing, Enhanced Smell, Bioweave Armor (Light), Chameleon Skin, Claws, Drug Glands: Comfurt, Drug Glands: Drive, Drug Glands: Hither, Drug Glands: Klar, Drug Glands: Kick, Eelware, Enhanced Pheromones, Enhanced Respiration, Grip Pads, Hibernation, Neurachem (L1), Poison Glands: Oxytocin-A, Poison Glands: Twitch, Prehensile Feet, Prehensile Tail, Temperature Tolerance, Toxin Filters, High Gravity Adaptation, Hearing Filter, Smell Filter, Access Jacks, Ghostrider Module, Mnemonic Augmentation, Hardened Skeleton, Medichines, Mental Speed, Nanophage, Skillware, Digestive Symbiotes, Possum Cache, Brain Box

Gear: Fiberoptic Cable, Laser/Microwave Link, (2x) Ecto, Specs, Personal Interaction Sensor, Nanodetectors, Anonymouse Account, Backup Insurance (mod), Fake Ego ID, Simulspace Subscription, AR Illusions, Encryption, Exploit, Facial/Image Recognition, Firewall, Sniffer, Spoof, Tactical Networks, Tracking, Kinesics Software, Radio Motion Detector, Security AI, Standard Muse (Leary), Skillsoft: Spray Weapons, Gnat, Manipulator Cuff, Survival Belt (GC. p160), Second Skin, Smart Skin, Smart Vacsuit (light) (w/Ablative Patches, Chameleon Coating, Fireproofing, Immunogenic System, Lotus Coating, Offensive Armor, Refractive Glazing, Shock Proof, Faraday Mod), Wasp Knife, Shard Pistol (w/Smarlink, Safety System), (100x) Shard Ammunition

Cr: 1750

Psi χ:
Cognitive Boost, Enhanced Creativity, Instinct, Multitasking, Predictive Boost
Psi γ:
Charisma, Deep Scan, Drive Emotion, Empathic Scan, Subliminal

I'll post the actual spreadsheet once I've finalized everything.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

ReijiTabibito

Arg.  My brain.  So many uneven skills...okay, guys, keep working at it.  Post the sheets to me somehow when you're all finished.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Since Reiji asked about it, I figured I'd best highlight some things.

Specifically, all of those "uneven skills."

Any time you roll doubles in EP on a percentile roll (11, 22, 33, etc.) it's a critical. The sole exception is 99 (00 is a success).

Therefore, on ANY roll of the dice, you have 10 possibilities for a critical. If the double is under your target, it's a critical success. If not...Oops. Well. Critical failures in the presence of hard vacuum, plasma, and TITAN machines can be very, very bad for your health.

So by spending 3 points, turning a skill of 30 into 33, we not only gain a chance of getting a critical success, but we deny the possibility of a critical failure.  It costs more as you go up, especially over 60, but you will have far more skills in the 33-44 range than in the 55 and 66 range.

Okay, so that explains the 33, 44, etc. Why then, so many 34s, 45s, and 67s?

For 5 points, you can get a specialization in a skill. Any time that specialization is being used, it boosts that skill's value by 10 points. So in a sense you're spending 5 points against the eventuality that you'll be able to use it the way you want, frequently, and thus boost the skill by 10. A 33 boosted by 10 gets us...43. Spending one more point lets us take control of another double on the dice and secure a crit in our favor.

So someone with math-brain who has looked through the EP rules is liable to churn out a character with a lot of 33, 44, 66 skills rather than 30, 45, 65. Someone with a math-brain who has looked even more closely will probably end up with a bunch of 34s and 67s...At least on skills they've purchased specializations in.

(As to why an 88 on that outrageous Expert skill...99 is always a critical failure, no exceptions! And 00 is always a critical success. So the specialization kicks it up to 98...99 is a critical failure...and 00 is a critical success. Tickle Pink mixes stimulants and anxiolytics to create specific moods the way a bartender mixes different alcoholic beverages to create specific flavors. I am assuming the ubiquity (at least in certain crowds and clubs and parties) of programmable Makers and at more upscale (or downscale) installations of tincture sets a la Sterling's Holy Fire, where skilled users can concoct anything from specific chemical compounds (ketamine) to things which clearly have far more esoteric impacts on the brain including possible nanotechnology (p.59 “Sure, that’s what they all say. You get some of these guys and they take lexic tinctures and they can read like a thousand words a minute! But still, they don’t ever do anything! They just read about doing things. It’s a disease.”)...Rather in the same fashion that coffee shops with living individual barristas are seen as more upscale or more fashionable than coffee vending machines. So she's a world-class (or in this game, system-class) mixologist/entertainer, whether it's biochemical or nanotech, capable of concocting things on the fly (and who gets most of her practice by constantly trying to meddle with her own state of consciousness). Better living through chemistry. That was sort of a core concept of the character when I started.)

Before you begin throwing points into skills, it's useful to have some idea of what your baseline Aptitudes will be, as well as what common morph capabilities you can rely on. Due to the 300/400 Knowledge/Action skill requirements, most characters will end up with gobs of points spent in Knowledge skills (which are all COG and INT based), and not so many in COO, REF, SAV or SOM skills.

One point of an Aptitude raises all of the skills it's based on by one point, but it costs 10 CP to buy one point of an aptitude, and only 1 CP to buy one point of a skill (up to 60). This means that if you have more than 10 skills based on a given aptitude (COG, I'm looking at you, because very few people burn all of their points in the INT-based Language and Arts Knowledge skill groups), it's worth buying a point of the Aptitude rather than elevating all of those skills individually. If you have 10 COG skills you're at the break-even point, as it were...But you might add another COG skill later. Sinking 10 CP into your 10 COG skills won't help that, while sinking them into a single point of COG will cover either eventuality adequately. The only time this is liable to turn around and bite you is when you have a COG in excess of 30 and find youself sleeved into something that can't handle all of that brain. For this reason, in most EP games I tend not to exceed Aptitudes of 30. YMMV!

And as I think I have talked about before, keeping useful Skill Complements which aren't 'identical' in mind when building a character can be very helpful.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

GloomCookie

I'm still in, just gotta finish the character.  Been depressed a bit lately and it seems to be getting worse, but I'm trying.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

GloomCookie

Ok finally got off my ass and finished the sheet.  Yay.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Katie Larson
Background: Original Space Colonist
Faction: Argonaut
Morph: Neotenic
Gender ID: Feminine
Actual Age: 36
Motivations: +Exploration; +Discovery

COGCOOREFSAVSOMWIL
Base15151515151515
Morph5555
Total20202020151515

StatsTTLUCIRWTDURDRMOXINITSPDDB

Skills
Academics: Computer Science 75Networking: Firewall 15
Academics: MathematicsNetworking: Hypercorps 15
Animal Handling 25Networking: Media 15
Art: Drawing 40Networking: Scientists 55
Beam Weapons 65Networking: Gatecrashers 15
Blades 50Networking: Ultimates 15
Climbing 15Palming 20
Clubs 15Perception 85
Deception 15Persuasion 15
Demolitions 55Pilot: Aircraft 55
Disguise 20Pilot: Anthroform 20
Flight 15Pilot: Exotic Vehicle 20
Fray 20Pilot: Groundcraft
Freefall 20Pilot: Spacecraft
Freerunning 15Pilot: Watercraft
Gunnery 20Profession: Asteroid Prospecting 50
Hardware: Aerospace 60Programming 70
Hardware: Electronics 70Protocol 15
Hardware: Robotics 70Psychosurgery 20
Impersonation 15Research 55
Infiltration 20Scrounging 20
Interest: Science Fiction 50Seeker Weapons 20
Interest: Gambling 45Spray Weapons 20
Interest: Spaceship Models 45Swimming 15
Interfacing 20Thrown Weapons 20
Intimidation 15Unarmed Combat 40
Investigation 20
Kinesics 15
Kinetic Weapons 20
Language: English 90
Language: German 80
Language: Dutch 65
Language: Cantonese 25
Navigation 20
Networking: Autonomists 15
Networking: Criminals 15
Networking: Ecologists 15

Common Aptitude Tests
Brute Strength45Catch Thrown Object60
Composure/Resolve45Escape Artist35
Idea (COG)60Idea (INT)60
Memorize/Remember60vs. Social45
Integration45Close Combat Fray20
Continuity45Ranged Combat Fray10
Alienation60vs. PSI30
Resist Intimidation45Resist Persuasion45

Melee WeaponSkillDVAP
Unarmed401d10+10
Monofilament Sword502d10+3-4
Extendable Baton151d10+30

Ranged WeaponSkillDVAPModesAmmoRangeShots
Laser Pulser752d100SA30/100/150/250100
Thrown200d100SS0Special

Muse Name: Tanzerin
Type: Standard Muse

COGCOOINTREFSAVSOMWILTTLUCIRINIT

Active SkillsKnowledge Skills
Hardware: Electronics30Academics: Psychology60
Infosec30Profession: Police Procedures40
Interfacing40Academics: Cryptography40
Programming20Art: Writing40
Perception30Profession: Accounting60
Research30

Implants: Basic Biomods; Basic Mesh Inserts; Cortical Stack; Hibernation; Medichines

Gear: Mission Recorder; Radio Beacon; Scrapper's Gel (5); Tools (kit); Standard Battery (3); Nuclear Battery; Solar Recharger (2); Dust Repellent (2); Metal Detector; Blueprint: Superthermite; Backup Insurance (mod); Facial/Image Recognition; Standard Muse; Electronic Rope; Emergency Distress Beacon; Flashlight; Shelter Dome; Breather; Emergency Rations (40); Recon Flyer; Body Armor (light) (w/Faraday Mod); Monofilament Sword; Extendable Baton (2); Laser Pulser (w/ Smartlink; Safety System)
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Reposted with permission from a PMHeya hon! Katie looks great.

Some quick things I spotted in my initial pass. Three of them are 'needs repair or validation':

First, there's no value next to Academics: Mathematics. It's blank.

Second, you have Perception at 85 and it doesn't look as if you took the Expert Trait.

Third, you didn't link any Rep scores for the various networks. (You get 50 Rep points for free, then can buy more at 10Rep per CP, so you need to at least spend your starting Rep points.) My guess is that you will put it all on R-Rep but I could be wrong.

Okay, so, after that, moving on and just quickly glancing around:

First, I notice you don't have any Specializations at all. Is that intentional? By spending 5 on a Specialization, it nets you a 10-point buff any time that spec is useful. So if you have a skill for doing one primary specific thing, and you don't expect to use it much otherwise, it's often worth dropping it by 10 points and then putting a Spec on it to do 'the thing.' Which saves you 5CP to put elsewhere (maybe some other skill you want to put a spec on).

Second, besides burning knowledge points, what do you expect the following skills to do for you, either as main skills or as complements to other skills (i.e., "I will use Spaceship Models as a complementary skill to Gunnery to help me know where to shoot to disable the drive system of the target.")? (Actually, now that I think of it, this'd work with your Demolitions skill nicely.)

• Academics: Computer Science (most useful with Infosec, Interfacing, and Programming...You only have Programming.)
  • Academics: Mathematics (useful, but mostly with skills Katie doesn't seem to have, such as Navigation)
  • Interest: Science Fiction (a bit vague...There's a listed skill 'science fiction aliens' which is useful in dealing with, well...aliens or alien artifacts or ruins, but 'science fiction'...Well, everything in EP is arguably science fiction even to the people living in it, given how fast technology is moving in the game.)
  • Interest: Spaceship Models (arguably will work well as a complement to HW: Aerospace, as well as Demolitions...anything else?)
  • Profession: Asteroid Prospecting (Usually this leverages off of something like Academics: Geology or Academics: Mineralogy and it also implies a certain amount of Pilot: Spacecraft...You don't show points in any of those skills)

The vast majority of the time, in-game, unless you are doing pure experimental research (i.e., developing new technological concepts and theories as opposed to designing actual things which use them) Academic skills end up being used as Complement sources for other skills.

When a skill is primarily going to be useful as a Complement-source, it's useful to note that skills of 30 or less provide a +10 bonus, skills of 31-60 provide a +20 bonus, and anything over 60 provides +30. So if you're pretty sure a skill will only be useful as a Complement (taking ACD: Philosophy as an example, unless you're trying to create a new philosophy, this will almost always be a Complement. If you were trying to convince someone/thing to change their philosophy it would be a Complement to Persuasion. If you were trying to understand what a clade's weird philosophy was it would be a Complement to Research. But it'd be a rare and unusual game where you just rolled ACD: Philosophy on its own), you probably want to either have it at 31 or 61 (or 33 and 66 for those weird and rare times you DO need to roll it on its own and want to Crit-grab), because those are the values which give you the best bang-for-your-CP as complement skills.

By comparison, consider INT: Spaceship Models, this is sort of the EP equivalent of 'Trainspotter.' Using it on its own will let you identify specific ship designs and variations, possibly know about deck plans or modifications made to certain well-known variants, etc. While this doesn't come up that often (EP isn't a space-to-space combat game and if you're infiltrating a hostile ship you can come up with similar information via Research if you aren't on board it yet or get an actual deck plan using computer skills if you are), it is far more likely to see actual use as its own 'What kind of ship is that and what are its capabilities and most especially is it faster than us?' than, say, using ACD: Philosophy to generate a new world view.

As an example of what I mean, looking at Tickle's currently posted sheet (which I need to update as I've twiddled things around some), she has ACD: Computer Science at 66. If she has to try to make guesses about the computing power of a Matrioshka Brain (it's happened) or some other weird system, that's a nice roll...But really, most of the time it's going to be a Complement giving a +30 bonus to use of things like Infosec, Interfacing, Programming, and potentially Research if I'm trying to leverage a bunch of distributed systems to push my Research up, although that's twitchy. Usually you find Knowledge skills being Complements to Active skills (though sometimes it does work out reasonably to use them with other Knowledge skills, just as sometimes you can boost one Active skill with another). So for Tickle to be a powerful hacker, ACD: CompScit is an awesome skill worth pumping up for that +30 bonus.

Make sense?

If you got any of those skills purely on a 'need to buy Knowledge skills what sounds cool' basis but don't see how they will fit your character, let me know and maybe we can think of something together.

Also, would it be okay if I posted this publicly so others can read the advice in it?

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Muse

I have 750 spent on Rindi.   

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o3a09my0UDbgjsBSKCHbDv--PvFQlblg4mtgI_dkQ94/edit

Once I figure out what's missing and can spend a little bit more, I might go back and put in some of the non-divisible-by-five numbers I took taking Carney's advise and then dropped on account of being 100+ over where I wanted to be.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Muse on July 09, 2014, 06:33:08 AM
I have 750 spent on Rindi.   

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o3a09my0UDbgjsBSKCHbDv--PvFQlblg4mtgI_dkQ94/edit

Once I figure out what's missing and can spend a little bit more, I might go back and put in some of the non-divisible-by-five numbers I took taking Carney's advise and then dropped on account of being 100+ over where I wanted to be.  :)

I'm sicky and half awake, so I apologize in advance for any shortness.

Let's see...Definitely have a look at the message I posted yesterday to Linna, it will help a great deal, I imagine.

Unless Rindi has the Psi Trait, she doesn't have Control and Sense. Demolitions, Infosec and Programming are other skills you can't use unless you have put points into them (no defaulting to Aptitude score).

You haven't listed Rindi's Reputations. It's likely that you should focus on one or two Networking skills rather than three or four.

Not entirely sure why you went with a focus on Climbing (which Rindi has quite high for a skill she will rarely do under fire).

Recommended Fray specializations (since you put a ???) are: Blades, Clubs, Full Defense, Unarmed (I would likely go with Unarmed or Full Defense).

Free running seems a bit high, as do Kinesics and Persuasion. Rindi probably isn't a social tank. In the same vein, I wouldn't have bothered with 5 points in Protocol.

In the same fashion I mentioned to Linna (and I explained more thoroughly in my reply to her), you should look for skill Complements. This is particularly the case for your Knowledge Skills. Neither your Academics and Interests nor your Profession make particularly useful complements for your Active Skills. I would strongly urge looking at the Professions of the Scum Enforcer, Ultimate Merc, and Direct Action Merc sample characters and considering how their professions and academics work as possible skill complements. I would also be in favor of reducing additional languages to instead sink those points into Professions.

Gear-wise, I would recommend looking at (but not necessarily purchasing all of!) the following. You'll note that some of them boost your Aptitudes dramatically, which might let you shift Aptitude points around with concurrent changes in skills (if you so choose):

Bioweave Armor, Second Skin, and Smart Skin, as well as either a Light or Standard Smart VacSuit with all of the trivial options

Adrenal Boost,
Eelware,
Endocrine Control,
Grip Pads,
Muscle Augmentation,
Neurachem,
High Gravity Adaptation,
Hardened Skeleton,
Medichines (Mandatory),
Nanophages (Mandatory),
Specs,
Survival Belt,

and whatever else interests you.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Empyrean

Feel better Carny! :)

Reiji, if you'd like I can try and post here what we worked up for Sachiko.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

How're we doing folks?

Reiji, I think Empyrean is waiting on you.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

ReijiTabibito

Sorry, I've been running everywhere recently.  Yes, Emp, go ahead and post.  With you, that makes Carny, Linna, you...I'm not 100% on Darkling, and I know Muse isn't done, either.  Plus, wasn't there a #6 who wanted to play?

Empyrean

As I recall some of her skills are a bit higher due to things she has, but I don't recall exactly by how much.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Sachiko Yamafuku
Background: Hyperelite
Faction: Socialite
Morph: Sylph
Gender ID: Female
Motivations: +Family, +Hedonism, +Personal Career

Energy Armor: 27
Kinetic Armor: 20
@-rep: 80
C-Rep: 80
E-Rep: 30
F-Rep: 80
G-Rep: 0
I-Rep: 80
R-Rep, U-Rep, X-Rep: 0

Base: COG: 15, COO: 15, INT: 15, REF: 15, SAV: 15, SOM: 15, WIL: 15
Morph: +5 COO, +10 SAV, +5 WIL
Total: COG: 15, COO: 20, INT: 15, REF: 15, SAV: 25, SOM: 15, WIL: 20
Stats: TT: 7, LUC: 40, IR: 80, WT: 8, DUR: 40, DR: 60, MOX: 3, INIT: 6, SPD 1 (1), DB: 1

Credits: 7800
Ego Traits: Psi (Level 1), Right at Home (Exalt) (Level 1), Social Butterfly (Level 1), Addiction (Zoo Suit) (Level 1), Black Mark (Jovian Republic) (Level 3), Stalker (Level 1)
Morph Traits: Striking Looks (Level 1)

Academics (Mimetics, Psychology): 80, Animal Handling: 25, Art (Performance) 60, Beam Weapons: 60 (70), Blades, Climbing, Clubs: 15. Deception: 70, Disguise, Flight: 15, Fray: 60, Freefall: 40, Freerunning: 40, Gunnery: 15, Impersonation: 70, Infilitration: 20, Interest (Hypercorp Politics): 40, Interest (Mesh Gaming): 40, Interfacing: 40, Intimidation, Investigation: 25, Kinesics: 90, Kinetic Weapons: 20, Language (Japanese): 85, Language (English-Mediaspeak): 50 (60), Language (Russian-Mediaspeak): 50 (60), Navigation: 15, Networking (Autonomists): 70, Networking (Criminals, Ecologists): 25, Networking (Firewall, Hypercorps, Media): 70, Networking (Scientists, Gatecrashers, Ultimates): 25, Palming: 20, Perception: 60, Persuasion: 70,  Pilot (Aircraft, Anthroform, Exotic Vehicle, Groundcraft, Spacecraft, Watercraft): 15, Profession (Social Engineering): 60, Protocol: 50, Psychosurgery: 15, Research, Scrounging: 25, Seeker Weapons, Spray Weapons: 20, Swimming: 15, Thrown Weapons: 20, Unarmed Combat: 15.

Standard Muse: Natsumi
COG: 10, COO: 10, INT: 20, REF: 10, SAV: 10, SOM: 10, WIL: 10, TT: 4, LUC: 20, IR: 40, INIT: 6

Academics (Psychology) 60, Academics (Network Science): 40, Interest (Cutting Edge Tech): 40, Profession (Mesh Engineering): 40, Profession (Accounting): 60, Hardware (Electronics): 30, Infosec: 30, Interfacing: 40, Programming: 20, Perception, Research: 30.

Common Apititude Tests: Brute Strength: 45, Composure/Resolve: 60, Idea (INT) (45), Memories/Remember: 45, Integration: 45, Continuity: 60, Alienation: 45, Resist Intimidation: 65, Catch Thrown Object: 55, Escape Artist: 35,  Idea (COG): 45, vs. Social: 65, Close Combat Fray: 60, Ranged Combat Fray: 30, vs. PSI: 40, Resist Persuasion: 65

DV                  AP     Modes                                                      Range                              Shots
Laser Pulser      70   2d10      0   SA                              30/100/150/250         100   
Microwave Agonizer 70   2d10          -5   SS                              5/15/30/50                  50   
Stunner         70   1d10      0   SA                              10/25/40/60                 200   

Implants: Basic Biomods, Basic Mesh Inserts, Cortical Stack, Direction Sense, Echolocation, Enhanced Hearing, Enhanced Smell, Enhanced Vision, Polarization Vision, Ultraviolet Vision, Bioweave Armor (light), Circadian Regulation, Clean Metabolism, Endocrine Control, Enhanced Pheromones, Enhanced Respiration, Neurachem (L1), Toxin Filters, Anti-Glare, T-Ray Emitter, Hearing Filter, Smell Filter, Vision Filter, Mnemonic Augmentation, Medichines, Nanophage, Oracle, Respirocytes, Zoo Suit

Gear: Holographic Projectors, Micrograv Shoes, Standard Battery (10x), Nuclear Battery (x2), Solar Recharger, Personal Interaction Sensor, Nanodetectors, Fur Coat, Guard Dog, Anonymous Account (x3), Backup Insurance (mod), Active ID Protection, AR Illusions, Facial/Image Recognition, Behavioral Psych, Kinesics Software, Relationship Mapping, Standard Muse, Crasher Truck, Go Cycle, Gnat, Guardian Angel, Morph Brokerage (high), Fur Coat, Second Skin, Smart Skin, Heavy Body Armor (with 6 Ablative Patches, Chameleon Coating, Immunogenic System, Fireproofing, Lotus Coating, Offensive Armor, Refractive Glazing, Self-Healing, Shock Proof, Thermal Dampening, Faraday Mod), Vacsuit (standard) (w/ x4 Ablative Patches, Chameleon Coating, Immunogenic System, Fireproofing, Lotus Coating, Offensive Armor, Refractive Glazing, Self-Healing, Shock Proof, Thermal Dampening, Faraday Mod), Smart Clothing, Laser Pulser (w/Smartlink, Safety System, Shock Safety), Microwave Agonizer (w/Smartlink, Safety System, Gyromount), Stunner( w/Smartlink, Safety System, Gyromount).                                                    

PSI: Ambience Sense, Downtime, Emotion Control, Filter, Superior Kinesics

Muse

I finsihed Rindi's histoyr.  Maybe it'll give an idea of why I took some of the skills Carny didn't understand. 

Anywyas, I could use a little help with the rest.  I'll be goign over Carneys sugestions next. 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Muse on July 18, 2014, 05:34:33 AM
I finsihed Rindi's histoyr.  Maybe it'll give an idea of why I took some of the skills Carny didn't understand. 

Anywyas, I could use a little help with the rest.  I'll be goign over Carneys sugestions next. 

Just as an FYI: the skills suggestions I listed weren't about 'doesn't make sense' or anything else related to history, they were purely about numeric optimization and skills which were useful (or not so useful) as complements with other skills. ;) Basically, ways to make Knowledge skills useful with Active skills.

Now if you want recommendations based on what you wrote for her history, I'd throw in something like Interest: Small Unit AR Tactics (representing what she learned from AR gaming, as opposed to Profession: Small Unit Tactics which would suggest she was actually a full-time paid soldier/SWAT type). You could leverage that as a skill complement to free-running for mobility in a firefight, to Seeker Weapons for second-guessing the enemy, possibly Fray in the sense of moving around like a videogamer ping-pong ball instead of a rush-to-cover-and-hold soldier, etc.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Empyrean

Carny, any recommendations on Sachiko? :)

CarnivalOfTheGoat

It takes a while for me to sort through a character, sorry. I will try to get to it before Tuesday.

At a glance, did you mean 'Mimetics'? Or did you mean 'Memetics?' Also you have listed the Intimidation skill without a value. You have duplicated a few items and a few skills, it seems (as in, you list them more than once). There's nothing against it in the rules but one thing that eyehooked me was the 80 I-Rep. It's the sort of thing that makes one wonder how many times you've saved the galaxy? ;D With the sorts of AIs in charge of Firewall's rep network, it's probably a stone bitch to try to cheat/game rep in it, IMHO. Which suggests that a really high rep score is REALLY A HUGE DEAL. :) And there's nothing wrong with that (from the lady playing one of the top hundred psychedelic drug experts in the Solar System...I'm in no position to point fingers) so when I say I'm curious I don't mean 'JUSTIFY YOURSELF YOUNG LADY.' I mean 'Whoa, wow, what'd she do? I really want to hear this story. :D'

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

ReijiTabibito

Carn, I helped Empy build Sachiko, so I can answer you with a few things on that.  It's supposed to be Memetics.  I don't know how that difference got in there, considering she was built on Kin's character sheet.  And I suggested that she start with a lower i-Rep, given that while it's easy to justify high rep in the other circles (since you are pretty much born into them, whereas Firewall is a recruited org), to me, having much higher than i-Rep 60 probably means you're a Proxy or major figure.  Intimidation doesn't have a value listed because it shares the same value as the next skill, Investigation, which both have 25.

Nicolae

I'm extremely interested in Eclipse Phase (and the new character builder at http://eclipsephase.oook.ch/Creator/version4/index.php though it's a little buggy). If a space opens up, I would love to fill it. I've got an Emergent AGI Uplift Singularity Seeker that I'd love to use, though I could put another character together pretty quickly if necessary.
O/O   Ideas

ReijiTabibito

Did you express interest in this game before now?  Also, Emergent AGI Uplift...I think that's not quite right.

Nicolae

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on July 20, 2014, 06:36:10 PM
Did you express interest in this game before now?  Also, Emergent AGI Uplift...I think that's not quite right.

I hadn't yet, no. Also, the "Emergent AGI Uplift" is one of the New Backgrounds from Transhuman, page 78. It's an infolife/infomorph, just with a little added flavor.

Edit: Just in case there was any confusion, I realize that the game is most likely full. I just wanted to make sure that I made my interest known now in the event that a space is free in the future, with the full knowledge that I'd likely be at the bottom of the waiting list. And I'm cool with that because an Eclipse Phase game is worth waiting for. ;)
O/O   Ideas

Empyrean

I can lower her i-Rep to 60 then. I'm just not sure where to put the rest of those points I invested in reputation. I'm open to suggestions. :)

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Calrond! Very nice to see you! Hope you are doing well?

Quote from: Empyrean on July 21, 2014, 02:04:27 AM
I can lower her i-Rep to 60 then. I'm just not sure where to put the rest of those points I invested in reputation. I'm open to suggestions. :)

As you cllimb higher in a given faction-Rep, you get closer and closer to being somebody 'everyone has heard of because of ______.' and while I have no issue whatsoever with having a crazy-high i-rep, it does raise the questions of 'what did you do to get so famous/popular?' and although that's true of EVERY rep network, and I feel anyone with anything over 60 should have at least a jot of an explanation as to why and what people in that network know about them, particularly because of what Firewall IS that suggests having some pretty crazy X-threat stories! :)

Sadly I still have not had time to do a full top-down dissect of Sachiko, I'm sorry!

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Nicolae

@Carnival: Doing well, how have you been?
O/O   Ideas

Empyrean

ReijiTabibito

Don't worry.  This game is still alive.  I just know we've got a couple of people still in the mix, as it were.