News:

Main Menu

World Cup 2018

Started by Remiel, June 18, 2018, 09:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deamonbane

Quote from: LostInTheMist on July 02, 2018, 10:59:13 PM
I'm rooting for England (from los Estados Unidos, but I've always liked England) though I doubt they'll be able to win. If they can beat Columbia (who play in EXACTLY the wrong way for England to have success) they will probably make it to the Semis, and suddenly there's no Spain looming.

As for Neymar not getting that call (page 1).... The guy takes dives ALL THE TIME. He's well known for it, and he's been carded for it before. He drew a penalty against Croatia in the 2014 World Cup when he fell down in the penalty box and there was no VAR at the time. Brazil probably won that game WITHOUT the cheating, but still.... Germany gave me joy that tournament. It's the boy who cried wolf situation. When you fake getting fouled several times a game, the times you actually ARE fouled may not be called. Ronaldo does the same thing, taking dives, faking injuries, occasionally getting carded for it. This is why to me, Messi is the best player in the world currently. He doesn't take dives or fake injuries. When he goes down, you KNOW he was fouled. (As an England fan, I am NOT a fan of Argentina, but you gotta tip your cap to Messi.)

I expect Brazil will probably win the tournament, but I want someone else to do it.
The player who took the dive in that game was called Fred, thanks.

Let's all please forget that a Colombian player literally broke his spine in the quarter finals. Oh, and the guy responsible didn't even get carded for it.

Let's also please forget that Neymar was recently (three months ago) operated for injuries to his right ankle and foot, so it's obviously a coincidence that 5 of the 6 fouls he drew in the Mexico match (as well as 7 of the 10 against Switzerland) were from kicks to his right foot or ankle. Oh and Layun (Mexico) intentionally stood on that ankle when Neymar was down outside the field. Sure that was a coincidence too.

In all seriousness though, the day when teams stop putting in thugs with the express intention of injuring our star player is the day that I start apologizing for Neymar's antics. Until then, he can sing an opera with a full Broadway dance number about how he's hurting for all I care.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

mia h

So Sweden just snuck through.
Commentator pointing out the England have just made it through to the final 9  ;D
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: mia h on July 03, 2018, 11:12:32 AM
So Sweden just snuck through.
Commentator pointing out the England have just made it through to the final 9  ;D

Sweden is going to play either England or Colombia - which one is being played out right now - and if we beat either one, we might face Russia in the semi. :)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Remiel

Quote from: mia h on July 03, 2018, 11:12:32 AM

Well, technically...he's right.

Nico

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!

This is all!

Deamonbane

England make the cut. By the skin of their teeth.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Polymorph

I think I have PTSD after that. Sooo Sweden.

mia h

England 4-3 on penalties.
Columbia 6-2 on yellow cards.

Formless

Well, after today ... I’m not certain if Sweden will make it to the semis.

Aleph

Someone mentioned earlier how good the Japanese fans were cleaning after themselves. This is a photo of the Japanese change rooms about an hour after their loss to Belgium. I believe the photo is from the event manager for the match who found the dressing room in this state.

mia h

Quote from: Aleph on July 03, 2018, 09:07:53 PM
Someone mentioned earlier how good the Japanese fans were cleaning after themselves. This is a photo of the Japanese change rooms about an hour after their loss to Belgium. I believe the photo is from the event manager for the match who found the dressing room in this state.

That's appalling behaviour!! Look at the middle cubicles they haven't put the hangers back properly!! Disgusting!

Aleph

Quote from: mia h on July 04, 2018, 02:25:03 AM
That's appalling behaviour!! Look at the middle cubicles they haven't put the hangers back properly!! Disgusting!

In fairness, those look like wire coathangers, so I would argue they were shamelessly provoked :)

Deamonbane

Life in Color

For the thread's consideration:

Nico

I seriously can't wait for Saturday. XD

Tomorrow will be great, though.

Uruguay - France is bound to be interesting!

Formless

Brazil VS Belgium ... This match will be intense.

mia h

Deamonbane

I'll probably miss the Uruguay - France game at work, but hopefully off for the Brazil - Belgium... legitimately excited!

Remiel

Quote from: mia h on July 06, 2018, 02:33:24 AM
Some things refuse to go away
https://www.givemesport.com/1346716-gary-lineker-has-destroyed-diego-maradona-for-his-comments-after-englands-win-v-colombia

I mean...while that foul on Kane may have been questionable, it was entirely within the realm of possibility.  Both sides were playing extremely physical and the referee had to do something.  I would have given that penalty too.

As for the recalled goal, I must have missed that.

Formless

Quote from: Remiel on July 06, 2018, 08:58:39 AM
uh oh...Cavani is out?   :o

Yep. There were so many rumors about it ... turns out they weren’t rumors at all.

France’s chances are greater now.

Remiel

Poor Luis Suaréz.  Still, France was clearly the better team.

Deamonbane

The Belgians take the rugby match.

VAR only for European teams.