MAID interest check! [Open to new players, but game has started]

Started by Blythe, November 14, 2013, 05:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

Quote from: kylie on November 20, 2013, 02:41:11 AM
         Tentatively interested.  I've also seen a few of these fizzle, and I'm probably looking for something more moderate on the "silly/frilly to super demanding" scale.   To be fully honest, I have some other pickiness when it comes to stuff lifted willy-nilly from Japanese culture, but it might sound pesky to list it all here.  I'll just see what people do.

Pacing wise, I don't like a lot of rapid-fire short posts for new content; I'd rather have a soft minimum of more like 2-3 times a week in principle.  Of course with a system game there will be more mechanics notes flying around, but that's another matter. 

Here's what I have so far.  I've yet to find an image that just does it, so the race and color scheme may be tweaked...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name/Age/Race: TBD.
Unif Color: White (possibly with pink or red)
Hair Color: Pink (or silvery, or red) ?
Eye Color: really TBD

Maid Type: Sexy, cool. (Omg I rolled something I like.  Yay.)

Athletics: 2
Affection: 2
Skill: 4
Cunning: 4
Luck: 3
Will: 1
Special Qualities: Elf ears, glasses, easy-going, dark history: amnesia.
Roots: family debt

Weapons: kitchen knives
Powers:  4-dimensional dress, call any object from the mansion into her uniform.
     (If this is okay, GM will need to figure out how reliably or how often it works. 
      I originally rolled Lock Picking, but that makes more sense for the butler and I didn't want to duplicate one that's already in play.
)

Favor: 4
Spirit: 10

Kylie?? <3 Yay!

* persephone325 scrambles to get her character sheet done
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

kylie

Quote from: persephone325 on November 20, 2013, 02:57:28 AM
Kylie?? <3 Yay!

* persephone325 scrambles to get her character sheet done
Giggles and hugs.  Hey.  I saw you poking around here !   :-*

persephone325

Quote from: kylie on November 20, 2013, 04:10:34 AM
          Giggles and hugs.  Hey.  I saw you poking around here !   :-*

<3 Haha! *hugs* I'm excited to do a group game with you! I gotta get to work on my CS! Eep! :-*
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Blythe

Quote from: kylie on November 20, 2013, 02:41:11 AM
         Tentatively interested.  I've also seen a few of these fizzle, and I'm probably looking for something more moderate on the "silly/frilly to super demanding" scale.   To be fully honest, I have some other pickiness when it comes to stuff lifted willy-nilly from Japanese culture, but it might sound pesky to list it all here.  I'll just see what people do.

Pacing wise, I don't like a lot of rapid-fire short posts for new content; I'd rather have a soft minimum of more like 2-3 times a week in principle.  Of course with a system game there will be more mechanics notes flying around, but that's another matter. 

Here's what I have so far.  I've yet to find an image that just does it, so the race and color scheme may be tweaked...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name/Age/Race: TBD.
Unif Color: White (possibly with pink or red)
Hair Color: Pink (or silvery, or red) ?
Eye Color: really TBD

Maid Type: Sexy, cool. (Omg I rolled something I like.  Yay.)

Athletics: 2
Affection: 2
Skill: 4
Cunning: 4
Luck: 3
Will: 1
Special Qualities: Elf ears, glasses, easy-going, dark history: amnesia.
Roots: family debt

Weapons: kitchen knives
Powers:  4-dimensional dress, call any object from the mansion into her uniform.
     (If this is okay, GM will need to figure out how reliably or how often it works. 
      I originally rolled Lock Picking, but that makes more sense for the butler and I didn't want to duplicate one that's already in play.
)

Favor: 4
Spirit: 10

We're not really shooting for a "demanding" game, since MAID is pretty much designed for light humor, action, and romance; MAID wouldn't be fun if I imposed a ton of demanding/serious things in it. It's meant to be light-hearted and a little goofy.

And you bring up a good point about potential posting minimums; I'm not sure what I want about that yet, but I was thinking twice a week. I'm not going to impose a minimum word count or length, though, because 1) I've seen it firsthand kill system games and 2) That makes it a lot easier to do two posts a week. (Now, those minimums are NOT set in stone; if other players want to chime in here, we can discuss changing it)

I'll put you down as interested, kylie; if you change your mind, let me know!

Quote from: Sessha on November 19, 2013, 08:19:44 PM
Yeah Blyth if you could send me the stuff on being the head maid that would be awesome.

I'll get that sent in the next day or so, or I'll post it here in the OOC!

ShadowFox89: If you want to reroll, you're welcome to do so. I...can see why you might not like what you have.

Sessha

Thank you Blyth. I've got most of her down but pinning an image is ALWAYS the hardest.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Zaer Darkwail

Argh, been lazy! I will work CS once I get home and get watch from my file maid rules so can make the rolls. But I think I go with following pic for my maid (not planning to roll hair and eye color to avoid the fuzzle to search proper pic);

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gvnI3hM9E1k/UTjzZKSrlLI/AAAAAAAAAUk/X7Cmz6vM1zo/s1600/Ayuzawa+Misaki.jpg

Zaer Darkwail

Joyce Miyaguchi
Athletics: 3
Affection: 3
Skill: 1
Cunning: 2
Luck: 1
Will: 4
Types: Heroine, Boyish
Uniform: White&Black (not rolled, just go with pic)
Hair: Brunette (not rolled, just go with pic)
Eyes: Golden brown (not rolled, just go with pic)
3 Special Qualities: Actually a Guy (was not rolled), Membership: Cult (62+3), Trauma:Abusive Parents (56+6)
Maid Roots: Self-Punishment (34)
Stress Explosion: Teasing (25)
Maid Weapon: Chainsaw (35)
Maid Power: Hard Work (5)
Favor: 6
Spirit: 40

Hmmm, so overall a low skilled maid who is probably one most hard working maids in the mansion. No idea what cult she/he is from or is she/he founder/leader, but maid origin wise he has placed himself as maid as form of self-punishment. So need pondering on her background a bit....I am open to ideas. I lol'ed when boyish came as one trait and rofled when chainsaw came as maid weapon.

persephone325

Are there any other threads for this that I may have missed? OOC thread, character thread, etc.
I don't know.

Sessha

Blythe

Quote from: persephone325 on November 22, 2013, 01:00:02 AM
Are there any other threads for this that I may have missed? OOC thread, character thread, etc.

None yet, as the game isn't starting still for a while.

Also, going to be delayed a day or two on updating info for this. Storms have come through my area, and my internet is dicey at best.

Sessha

No worries Blyth. By the way I got the stuff for playing a Head Maid from the core book itself.

catherinehellfire

O_O I hope this roleplay gets off the ground :)
If sex was a roller-coaster, I'd ride it over and over again.

Absences: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=261213.0

Blythe

Still working on getting -some setting information done-don't worry; I haven't forgotten this! RL just caught up to me for a bit the past couple of days, but I'm back to working on this.

Blythe

The beginning of info is slowly going up! (It's available in the second post of this thread!) A map of the mansion is also up; remember to select a room, and I will edit the map to label your character's room! (Read about the amount of rooms first!)

I will also have Master statistics done tonight (I will make a female master, as that seems to be the best way to go)!

If players feel that this small amount of setting info is enough (don't worry; I'll have much more forthcoming about the mansion), and after I finish working on the master, let me know, and I will create an OOC and a character sheet thread.

I'd also like to add a small apology for the delays and for not getting as much info up as I would have liked, but it's still a WIP, so bear with me.  :-)

persephone325

If Kylie is going to be part of this, I wouldn't mind sharing a room with xir character. ^^
I don't know.

catherinehellfire

I'd like the servant's room nearest ti the door that leads to the hallway

persephone325

I like the bedroom all the way at the top right. Or are maids limited to the servant's quarters?
I don't know.

Faeli

I assume this is full up?  I thought so awhile ago, but sheets are still being posted, so now I'm confused!

Yukina

I'd like the servant's room below catherine's choice on the map.

Blythe

Quote from: Faeli on November 27, 2013, 02:41:16 AM
I assume this is full up?  I thought so awhile ago, but sheets are still being posted, so now I'm confused!

This is still recruiting, actually! I should really edit the title to show that. T_T

Quote from: catherinehellfire on November 27, 2013, 02:23:13 AM
I'd like the servant's room nearest ti the door that leads to the hallway

The one at the very top of the column of servant's rooms?

Quote from: Yugishogun on November 27, 2013, 02:46:44 AM
I'd like the servant's room below catherine's choice on the map.

Gotcha!

catherinehellfire

Yep, the one at the top of the servant's rooms column

Faeli

Quote from: Blythe on November 27, 2013, 03:09:19 AM
This is still recruiting, actually! I should really edit the title to show that. T_T

Well awesomes.

I am getting my hands on the rules... and I need to figure out rolls... but definitely interested :)

Blythe

Mistress is finished! (Pending any edits or anything I forgot of course; it's past 3 a.m. for me as I work on this, so I could have conceivably forgotten things)

Also, Catherine, I'm assuming your character is named Catherine?

But anyway, rooms noted for yours and Yugishogun's characters!

Quote from: Faeli on November 27, 2013, 03:25:01 AM
Well awesomes.

I am getting my hands on the rules... and I need to figure out rolls... but definitely interested :)

Wonderful--I'll add you to the list! ^^

Blythe

Also, derp, should have mentioned the map now shows which rooms are claimed. If there's a mistake, let me know, and a few quick seconds in photoshop can fix that! ^^

persephone325

Quote from: Blythe on November 27, 2013, 03:30:46 AM
Also, derp, should have mentioned the map now shows which rooms are claimed. If there's a mistake, let me know, and a few quick seconds in photoshop can fix that! ^^

Don't forget about me! I think my character's name will be Yumi. And I'll probably be sharing with Kylie's character. ^^
I don't know.