Post Apocalyptic Survival (Seeking 5, 1 Taken)

Started by MagicalPen, April 04, 2015, 03:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicalPen

The Brown Family has taken two months off for one last family holiday before the Twins head to college and the oldest Graduate and move on with their life.

The Vacation was an extended camping and hiking trip, deep into the woods and nearby mountains. The Father, former Special Forces, had long dreamed for a vacation of the like, even if not everyone in the family was willing to take part. But they all had fun in the end and learned many new skills along with staying off the grid for so long. The Drive home was long, taking them down quiet rural roads. Night fell before they got home, shrouding everything in darkness around them, preventing them from realizing what had happened while they were away.

The power was out when they got home but too exhausted to care, they all fell asleep. The parents were the firs to awake and the Father discovered that while the water still worked, there was no electricity still. Flipping the breakers did nothing either. The phone-lines were down too and there was no reception or cell service either. Confused and a little worried, the Father headed next door to their neighbors. He came back in a panic, locking the door behind him.

He has now called a family meeting, and this is where we start the game.

Of note, however, is that all of the family members have had a higher level of arousal - more so than usual - lately, though no one has really noticed this yet. Or acted upon it.

The Family + Open Roles

Father - MagicalPen
Mother - Open
Oldest Son - 22 - Open
Oldest Daughter - 21 - Open
Middle Son -20 - Open
Middle Daughter - 19 - Open
Twin 1 - 18 (Male) MagicalPen
Twin 2 - 18 (Female) Nymphadora

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

MagicalPen

The House

Click on each floorplan to view a larger, easier to read version (small file sizes). Rooms are labelled per character role.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

Rules:

1. GM (my) word is Final.
2. Males play as Males, Females play as Females.
3. Posting rate of 1 - 2 times a week (for group scenes, possibly faster based on partner preferences in solo-scenes)
4. If you are going to DROP OUT, don't bother joining. If in the middle of the game you have to DROP OUT, please MESSAGE ME and no one else!
5. Comments/Questions/Suggestions are always welcome.

Character Sheet:

Please copy the code! The headers etc are all in bold, your words are not. The CODE is designed to make it easy to select and format.

PICTURE
[b]Player Name:[/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b]
[b]Background and Personality:[/b]
[b]Additional Information:[/b]

Accepted Characters:

The Father

Player Name: MagicalPen
Character Name: Richard
Role: Father

Background and Personality: Richard has a very dominant, Alpha personality. He is a natural leader and one to quickly assess a situation and take action. He learned a lot during his time in the military and perhaps suffers some form of PTSD, though its hard to figure out what triggers this. What is apparent is that he likes a regime - getting up at a specific time every day and following a specific order of doing things. He can get angry if such things get disrupted. Some would say he has a lot of testosterone and 'bounces off the walls' - this may be true, but he also likes his quiet time, often locking himself in his office for hours on end, with no disruptions.

Richard comes from a military family and was part of the boy scouts growing up, where he got his first love for the great outdoors and adventure. He was a star football player in highschool, where he really grew into his 6'2" frame and started to fill out. Colleges were interested, but he wasn't interested in college. Like his father, a former Ranger, Richard was more interested in the military and signed up upon graduation from High School. The discipline his father had instilled in him growing up paid off her, and Richard soon turned into a Man, excelling at every task set before him and taking a rather mature view on everything thrown his way.

He too went to Ranger Camp, like his father, and distinguished himself further, reaching the elite echelon of the Special Forces by the time he was 21. He has served several Tours of Duty (and perhaps several more actions he isn't allowed to discuss) and fondly remembers his time in the Military. He has since retired, married and has full grown children. The love for the Outdoors never left and has has constantly tried to take his family on camping trips (often lasting no more than the weekend) until finally this lust hurrah into the wilderness.

Additional Information:
Naked

Twin 1

Player Name: MagicalPen
Character Name: Andrew
Role: Twin 1 (Male)

Background and Personality: Andrew is nearly the opposite of his father, meek and quiet and not trying to draw attention to himself. He certainly respects (and perhaps fears) his father and his fathers military service, however Andrews interest in the military only lies in the historic perspective. His greatest love, in regards to history, is centered around World War 2 of course. He also loves video games and computers - some might call him a bit of a nerd or geek. Which he probably is. He is certainly social awkward and doesn't have very many friends.

Andrew and his twin sister have always been close, probably in part to being twins and part having had to always share a room (albeit a large room, with a partition dividing it in half). She has long been his best friend and they spend a lot of time together. Andrew is a pretty hardcore gamer and if he isn't playing games of some sort, he is tinkering around with his custom built PC or some other piece of technology. He is the driving force behind the Universal Remote that controls the families entertainment center and is always the one called upon to fix things.

He absolutely hated the months they spent off the grid, in the wilderness. He had a major headache for the first few days, probably withdrawal symptons, and has been itching to get back to the internet and civilized world ever since. While he wasn't allowed his kindle, he did bring a few books to read - fantasy fiction and zombie survival books - along with a notepad to write his own stories. It was hard to get time alone with his twin as well, something that gnawed at him, but now that they're home, they'll finally be able to spend some time together.

Additional Information:
Naked

Twin 2

Player Name: Nymphadora
Character Name: Jessica "Jess"
Role: Twin 2
Background and Personality: Jess is similar to her twin, shy and quiet. She spends most of her time playing video games, tending towards MMORPGs. She can be rather competitive, quietly going off on her own to fume if she loses out to someone. The exception being her twin brother but then again, they are fairly well matched in play so it is easier to lose to him. That and he understands her better than anyone else.

Girls don't typically understand Jess. She does not do girly things and while she is well groomed and really quite pretty, she doesn't care about fashion and trends. Her best friend has long been her twin brother. They are virtually inseparable and one might be hard put to figure out which of them is the quieter one outside of the room they share.

Jess took to the camping better than her twin, finding it interesting to learn to do things without the use of gadgets and electricity. For her it was an adventure campaign akin to one of her games. The hard part was having to share a tent with her sisters instead of being in one with her twin. For that reason alone, she was anxious to get home again to spend some time with just him.
Additional Information:

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Nymphadora

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

MagicalPen

Of course you would!

Updated with accepted characters + player names.

All other positions are still open.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Nymphadora

I just can't help myself, I want to see this go beyond and find out what's happened!
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

RedEve

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list