[WoD: Bad Dreams] OOC

Started by Creeper, October 20, 2005, 07:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Creeper

Hoo, boy, you all sure posted a lot while I was out. Alright, let's start.

As for knowing a Shadow Court Art. The person who taught it to a non-member and the one who taught it. Are as good as dead.

It's basically a Traditional Mage getting away with learning Technocracy Protocals and getting away with their given equipment.

All I've got about the shadow court is a short paranoid blurb in the core book, so they have little influence in my game.

And spying and stealing between technocrats and traditionalists have happened. Spying is an extremely dangerous game, but it has been pulled off.

You're just allowing Kithian, right? No Ghallain, Thallain, Inanimae, Dauntain or Adhene, right?

This is correct. As the Kiths now represent a concept, rather then a set appearance, they are not needed. Execpt for Dauntain, who are antagonists.

Could I play a mortal?

Sure.

Anyway if you want players you need to include those without the books- I suspect if you stuck a cheat aheet for Changelings and Mages you might get interest OR include some mortals since they are easier to start out with.

See, the thing is that I don't want a huge amount of players. My style is in essence, 1 on 1, so having a large bunch of them would take up too much time.

Creeper, what would you say is the bonus point cost for a pooka with wings (wings that actually work, if perhaps not well)?  Kithbook: Pooka lists the Physical Abnormality merit as 3-4 points, but all it really says for anything specific is that the Storyteller sets the cost.  (Of course, I'd understand if you thought the whole idea wasn't appropriate -- I could just take Wayfare instead.)

Sure, that sounds reasonable, but keep in mind that if you're seen by a mortal, chances are you're getting kicked into the Near Dreaming with some banalty for your trouble.

What's a Kinain? I take its a merit I'd be happy to take it. I assume its someone touched by fae blood or something. But it may freak her out seeing fairy folk running around, of course she could take a flaw for an addiction to drugs might help explain matters.  Grin

I would like to keep things simple. A 4-point merit that shields you from the mists and lets you be enchanted easier could cover it. Maybe the ability to perchase Glamour and Arts, or pick up a Fae-themed Sorcery path. You could also be a standard Cultist in a mage's circle, if you want to jump right into the Weirdness.
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

Jefepato

Would you say 3 or 4, then?  (And hey, if it's part of my fae mien, odds are the mortals won't be seeing it.)

Jefepato

Also, when you say 1 on 1 is your style, does this mean the PCs will mostly be seperate, or will we meet each other often?

Creeper

I meant if they see you flying, it's going to be a problem. I'd say it costs 4 points.

The characters are going to be mostly seperate, unless they arrange something before hand. Meetings will be very rare otherwise.

Ajoxer

I prefer to be working in someone else's campaign- I enjoy interacting with players. If anyone would be willing to drag along the Pooka- Accepting occasional tricks along with it- just IM me. ^_~
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Jefepato

I wouldn't mind having someone else along, but a two-pooka team would be a lot less amusing than grouping with someone who'd be a foil for an overly-happy pooka.  Like a troll, or a not-too-murderous redcap.

Natalie C. Barney

This is going to be fun I can do small groups and like the WoD setting. And the city is real full of possibilities. So where do I stick a character sheet on here?
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Ajoxer

Hmmm... I should try a new Kith... Let's chat it over on AIM.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Natalie C. Barney

I'm having trouble with the PM system for some reason. Well I want to play a human with the merit KITHKIN so she can interact easier with the Changelings. FLAWS will match costs. ADDICTION is very likely to be one.

Concept will be a STREETWALKER and she will have lots of Contacts, a Retainer (likely a girlfriend that changes like most change socks some homeless girl over the age of 16 as per the site limits [starting a game guidelines] or another SW but she won't have any useful skills in any case), Fame (just 1 dot among the right sort) and a Mentor. Well she needs a connected pimp to protect her and likely will be Chinese American attached to a Triad, maybe a pimp-lady her own mother or older sister might be fun. And resources of 2 Dots likely more but a drug habit is not cheap so the extra goes to that expense.  ;)

Generally attractive, manipulative, of average physical stats and perceptive. Know lots of people on the streets. And be very sexy in the SW sense as in will be a nice looker and clean looking. Not sure how old likely 18 but with experience pre-game.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Jefepato

Wow, I'm an idiot.  There's a 4-point Wings merit in the core book.

Muse

i was about to point that out, bro. 

Looks like I might be playing the only mage.  Kumiko Morisato, olympic skater and gymnast, student shinto priestess tenativly afiliated with the Akashic Brotherhood. 

Boss, do you want this set in santa barbra, or do I need  areason to be away from my mini-chantry?  I hope the second, because it would take a lot of background points to cover.
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

Quote from: Creeper on October 21, 2005, 01:48:27 AM
As to a delicate matter, Kumiko’s psychology and destiny have a slightly unnatural reaction to sexual molestation, one that can twist her personality in the short term while protecting her psychology in the long term.  Her body responds to forced pleasure in ways more appropriate to hentai anime than to real life, and a skilled molester can implant suggestions and even short term brainwashing into her mind.  In the long term, however, she has a certain “anime-buffer” against the trauma of such rape, much the way she hides from violent trauma’s by acting like an anime character.

A 1 or 2 point Blessing would cover that. (Blessing is just an innate form of Wonder)

The actual point here is not the psychological protection but the idea that she can be temporarily brain washed by being molested.  If it's too complicated, or doesn't fit with the theme of the game, I'll drop it. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

Will there be enough interaction with changelings to make Fae Blood merit worth the points? 

Idachan

Ajoxer

I'm thinking a somewhat Hannibal Lecter- IE, Mental Primary- Redcap. * crash of lightning.*

Creeper

Stuff slowly coming along. I'll finish up the Mage intro then write out the Changeling House rules, since they seem to need it more. Lots of posts, I'll get to addressing them all.

I'm having trouble with the PM system for some reason. Well I want to play a human with the merit KITHKIN so she can interact easier with the Changelings. FLAWS will match costs. ADDICTION is very likely to be one.

Concept will be a STREETWALKER and she will have lots of Contacts, a Retainer (likely a girlfriend that changes like most change socks some homeless girl over the age of 16 as per the site limits [starting a game guidelines] or another SW but she won't have any useful skills in any case), Fame (just 1 dot among the right sort) and a Mentor. Well she needs a connected pimp to protect her and likely will be Chinese American attached to a Triad, maybe a pimp-lady her own mother or older sister might be fun. And resources of 2 Dots likely more but a drug habit is not cheap so the extra goes to that expense.  Wink

Generally attractive, manipulative, of average physical stats and perceptive. Know lots of people on the streets. And be very sexy in the SW sense as in will be a nice looker and clean looking. Not sure how old likely 18 but with experience pre-game.

Sounds fine, but keep in mind that I'll mostly be looking to a character's background for their story. And please don't send me a character sheet yet, I have no place to put them.

Boss, do you want this set in santa barbra, or do I need  areason to be away from my mini-chantry?  I hope the second, because it would take a lot of background points to cover.

No, the setting is the fictional city of Talis Canyon. If that's out of your character's usual stomping grounds, you'll need a reason why.

The actual point here is not the psychological protection but the idea that she can be temporarily brain washed by being molested.  If it's too complicated, or doesn't fit with the theme of the game, I'll drop it.

That's why it's only a 1 or 2 point blessing; it has flaws. But if you want to drop it...

Will there be enough interaction with changelings to make Fae Blood merit worth the points?

If your background and intentions warrents it, then it will. Though I should state that it's a lot easier for Mages to fit in with Fae then mortals, houserule-wise.

Jefepato

Yeah, but mages are a lot harder to hit with cantrips.

Muse

Background: Sachiko Morisato immigrated to California some time ago with her young son when she made too many enemies of the Japanese magi.  A hereditary priestess as well as Martial Artist Mage and seamstress, Sachiko is older than she looks, a Master of Matter with extensive array of spiritual, telepathic, and life-based powers to compliment those abilities.  Her most recent hobbies include fan-subbing anime and rebuilding old cars. 

She was able to acquire a Node and concentrate it as the Cherry Blossom Temple outside of Santa Barbra.  Parishioners of Shinto from all over California come there to worship on major holidays, acquiring lucky arrows and other talismans appropriate to the season.  The shrine is open to other alternative religions, and the curious know that, if they come with open and respectful minds, they’ll find well informed priests. 

Her son Takumi runs a small martial arts dojo when not helping out around the temple.  He is known and respected as a martial arts and athletics sensei who sometimes helps people out with their problems a la Quai Chane Kain, rewards being accepted but not asked for. 

He’s a bachelor with a slight (and sometimes exaggerated) reputation as a playboy, more because the women he falls in love with either move on after passionate affairs or die than because he engages in overly casual relationships.  One such woman was a blue eyed and busty Rom named Catalina, who died baring him a daughter. 

At least, that’s what they told Kumiko.  She recently gained the courage to peer back in time to the moment of her mother’s death and saw herself cradled in the arms of an elf, when men with iron knives burst down the door.  (OR whatever else the storyteller considers an appropriate plot hook.) 

Takumi loves his daughter Kumiko very much, and they spend a lot of time training together, translating anime, hunting demons, and just dining as a family.  Their relationship is sometimes strained, though, by Kumiko’s guilt over her mother dying in childbirth and growing independence issues based on being a 20 year old who still lives at home and is going into the family business. 

Kumiko was noted as a gifted athlete and martial artist by her father and teachers right from the start.  Neither the best nor worst student in school, she generally managed Bs and Cs with minimal effort.  She did have a few mental talents, though.  She picked up on languages fast, being equally fluent in English, Japanese, Cantonese and Spanish.  She does occasionally slip into a sort of “border speech” and mix her languages, especially when she’s nervous. 
She kept very busy growing up, doing little with her family besides training and translating anime.  Her friends were mostly boys and a few girls who shared her love of martial arts or skating, and they formed a sort of spook squad together.  She did have one boyfriend named Ben Kendal in high school, and her relationship with him grew passionate, but dissolved when he was unwilling to give up his virginity with her.  The tension grew too great, and he, being a more cerebral boy, couldn’t really keep up with his highly athletic girlfriend. 

Her skater crew narrowed down to a spook squad with the strength of will to do investigative work pertaining to her family’s “second job”, demon hunting, and narrowed to a crew of 5 others, John Steel, Jackie Lee, Kokoro Kino, and Ian and Naomi Silverstien.  However, they separated out to various colleges while Kumiko devoted 2 years to the Olympics. 

Idachan

*clears throat before waving her hand around a little*

Excuse me... Um can I have some attention?

The thing is that I have the link to an online white wolf character sheet generator where you can put your dots where they should go and click for merits and flaws and everything, they have Vampire, Werewolf, Mage and Changeling sheets I think. Then you can save it to your computer and upload it to a website. Problem is, I don´t have a website. If anyone could host them it would be an easy way of getting everyone´s sheets comprehendable and collected. It´s just an idea but it is an idea.

Jefepato

Hey, Creeper?  Are Kithbook Merits allowed only for the relevant kith?  (Obviously some make no sense for any other, but I'm looking at Sex Appeal in Kithbook: Satyr, here.)

Muse

Quote from: Idachan on October 23, 2005, 04:56:07 PM
*clears throat before waving her hand around a little*

Excuse me... Um can I have some attention?

The thing is that I have the link to an online white wolf character sheet generator where you can put your dots where they should go and click for merits and flaws and everything, they have Vampire, Werewolf, Mage and Changeling sheets I think. Then you can save it to your computer and upload it to a website. Problem is, I don´t have a website. If anyone could host them it would be an easy way of getting everyone´s sheets comprehendable and collected. It´s just an idea but it is an idea.

Wish I could help you, Ida-chan, but I think my site's down. 

Ajoxer

Bah. I've always been a fanatic believer in getting down and dirty in the character creation, having my hands wrist deep in the guts of my character.

Idachan

Quote from: Ajoxer on October 24, 2005, 04:45:57 AM
Bah. I've always been a fanatic believer in getting down and dirty in the character creation, having my hands wrist deep in the guts of my character.

o.O Poor little character.

Muse: It´s okay, I´m just tossing the idea out there.

Natalie C. Barney

I deleted my character sheet I plan to make some changes and all but you get the idea. I think we should start this on Halloween if you can get it ready to go by then.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Creeper

Probably not, as life is bogging me down until at least thursday. You'll get small updates when I have the time.