Star Trek: Continuing (Prime Universe, Need Various for second ship, GLBT)

Started by slytherindoctor, June 08, 2015, 06:20:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaiMizzu

So here's the first draft of my character. If I'm stepping on any toes by playing a Romulan, please please let me know. I can make something else if you want me to, no worries. Critiques are welcome as always. The picture I'm not in love with yet, but it'll have to do till i find something better

Basic Info
Name:Isha Khellian
Species:Romulan
Planet of Origin: Formerly Romulus, now Earth
Role: Officer
Major: Medicine
Command Role (if applicable):Commander, first officer

Physical Description
General Description:Slim, muscular build. Dark hair, she keeps it short generally.

Other Information
Orientation:Bisexual
O/O:See on/offs
General Description of Personality:While she knows the importance of being open and friendly to her crew, sometimes she can be closed off. Given her heritage, and the fact her homeworld was destroyed, this seeps into her personality sometimes. This will be her first assignment as first officer.
But once she starts to open up to others, she is very friendly and even playful at times. She can be charismatic, depending on her mood of course..

Skills
Skill 1- Medicine. Her major at the Academy, but she chose to go the path of command instead. She is well versed in the use of Starfleet medical diagnostic gear, as well as manual medical techniques. While her people were generally xenophobic, she enjoyed studying the medical needs of alien species, which came in handy while she attended the Academy.
Skill 2-She is a very good chef, specifically in Romulan cuisine of course. She rather enjoys preparing travit, one of her specialties.

History
Isha was born on Romulus in the Kae'raktar Mountains in 2339. Her parents were merchants, selling foodstuffs in the area. She grew up a seeming normal life for a young Romulan girl, but her parents would often try to steer her away from her aspirations to join the proud military. Her parents were actually in favor of ‘Unification’, the rejoining of Romulan and Vulcan heritages, which they tried to impress upon Isha early. But she wasn’t as idyllic as her parents. Such subjects would often become the sources of heated debates in their household.

When the Romulan Senate was assassinated, Isha felt the need to really do something to help her people. Again, she thought of joining the military. But despite how proud she seemed of that, she knew it would break her parents’ hearts. So she left Romulus on a freighter, and worked on that freighter for the next 8 years.

And then, her homeworld is destroyed. Her family is killed.

Devastated, she leaves the freighter that had been her home for 8 years. She knows there was nothing she could do to help her world, but she knows she could have perhaps done more to save her family. An illogical belief, perhaps, but that’s what her grief stricken heart told her. Having no world now to be a citizen of, she did as many Romulans did.. she fled to Earth. It wasn’t the ideal solution, but they would not have many choices in this. She immediately applied for Federation membership, given her refugee status. Shortly after.. she joined Starfleet Academy.

She excelled in her subjects, but she kept to herself a lot. She was a stranger in a very strange land, she knew of no other Romulan cadets. She graduated with honors from the Academy, specializing in Medicine. But her real aspirations leaned towards Command. Her first assignment was on board a small starship, the U.S.S. Antilles. She served on the medical staff, but trained for Command. She was driven to be in a position of Command, where she felt she could really make a difference.

The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

slytherindoctor

Quote from: MaiMizzu on June 09, 2015, 07:08:17 AM
So here's the first draft of my character. If I'm stepping on any toes by playing a Romulan, please please let me know. I can make something else if you want me to, no worries. Critiques are welcome as always. The picture I'm not in love with yet, but it'll have to do till i find something better

I did say you could play a Romulan in the first post, so you're fine. I'd like to see a bit of an expansion of both the personality and the history, for instance, why did she want to join the Romulan military so bad other then helping people (because there are a million different ways you can do that)? What specifically about the military drew her in? What drew her to Starfleet post-apocalypse? Why did she join the military/scientific force of her (theoretically, especially if she wanted to join the Romulan military) former enemies? Is it because Starfleet is trying to help Romulan refugees?

I definitely like the angle you're going for though. I expect much of her desire to join Starfleet might be because she seems to not have any family. Which motivates her to help people to not have to be in that situation.

Truman

I'm going to go ahead and claim Science Officer, since nobody else has it. Write-up incoming!
Despite my user date, I'm still very new to actually using the site, so please have patience and assume ignorance rather than ill-will.

Actually, you really can't go wrong assuming I *am* wrong.

Truman

Basic Info
Name: Mikah Kel
Species: Joined Trill
Planet of Origin: Trill
Role (Cadet, Officer, Government): Starfleet Officer
Major (if Officer, what was your major in the Academy, if Cadet, what is current major, if Government, what was your major in college, if applicable?): Theoretical Physics.
Command Role (if applicable): Chief Science Officer

Physical Description
Age (keep in mind that it takes a minimum of four years to graduate the Academy): 26
General Description (anything you think might be important): Fit, lean and naturally lightly tanned, with dark hair and eyes. Darker than average spots.

Other Information
Orientation: Gay
O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=47633
General Description of Personality (anything you think might be important): Mikah Kel is a steady, solid, often inspired but rarely impulsive officer and a good, if somewhat careful, friend. He's the kind of guy you want at your back or as your wingman. Usually. But every once in a while, a buried streak of swashbuckler and daredevil shows up. And then he does something either brilliant, semi-suicidal, or both.

Skills (things that your character is particularly good at, not necessarily related to their job, but can be, should be tied into their history)
Skill 1- Science. In addition to Mikah graduating with honors from the Academy science program, Kel is an old trill and has interests in several disciplines and fields.
Skill 2- Intrigue. Kel has been (among other things) a Federation intelligence officer in past lives. He gets skulduggery, sneakiness and politics.
Skill 3- Combat. Kel served in the Federation/Klingon war and as a 'privateer' (ahem) with previous hots. He's comfortable with a phaser or his fists.

History
Mikah has always excelled academically and was proud to be a candidate for joining, though his naturally cautious nature almost cost him the chance. His family is politically connected on Trill (and with the Federation diplomatic corps) and there was always an unspoken assumption that all the offspring of a given generation would end up the best and brightest their world had to offer.

His decision to undergo testing for Joining was probably his biggest act of personal rebellion in his entire life. Joined Trill are, after all, not entirely the same people they were before joining. And there is always a little distance there, because of the altered nature of the blended personality and usually some reserve on the part of the symbiont, who will live to see several trill families come and go in their long lifetime. His cautious streak was something he had to work on and was, frankly, unattractive to many symbionts, who were looking for hosts with a more apparent zest for life. Luckily for him, there was one potential match who needed a calmer, more collected host.

He was eventually joined with a symbiont named Kel. Kel is an older symbiont who has had seven previous hosts, four of whom died in accidents or violent confrontations. This gave Kel a reputation for being careless with his host's lives and a bad influence on them. Mikah was joined to Kel in the hopes their personalities would balance out. And it worked. The synthesis of their personalities and their shared love of science and understanding the universe around them made them more than the sum of their parts. Kel brought lifetimes of experience and a certain self-confidence that Mikah needed and Mikah was a moderating and thoughtful influence on his symbiont. A career allowing him to be on the forefront of research AND practical application seemed perfect to Mikah Kel and thus, for the third time, a Kel was enrolled in Starfleet Academy.

The combination worked well enough to get them through the Academy with honors and secure postings in space. Rising through the ranks, Mikah Kel has proven himself to be a steady officer with occasional flashes of brilliance, no doubt inspired by the lateral thinking of having seven previous lifetimes of experience to draw on.

Anything Else

Symbiont History
The Kel symbiote is about four hundred years old. He (because he thinks of himself that way while joined with a male host) has always been attracted to dangerous, interesting lives and has served in Starfleet twice before. His previous hosts and their careers are below:

Andra Kel (female) - Trill space explorer and early warp core theorist.
Janz Kel (male) - Third trill in Starfleet. Served in the Klingon/Federation war as a security officer. Died of neural degeneration due to disruptor fire.
Saiyal Kel (female) - Privateer for the Orion syndicate (operating with tacit Federation approval), harassing klingon shipping and military.
Brandas Kel (male) - 'Informal Archaeologist'. (What happens outside of Federation jurisdiction stays outside Federation jurisdiction). Died from battle wounds after romulan internal security intercepted his ship. Brandas escaped but returned to Trill fatally wounded. (His longest life.)
D'zan Kel (male) - Xeno-Zoologist. That ended about as one would suspect, based on past lives.
Kallas Kel (male) - Peacekeeper/detective on Trill homeworld.
Lorisa Kel (female) - Star Fleet Intelligence. Died in a grav-skiing accident on Mars. No, really. That's what the file says. Served before and during the cardassian  war. Personnel file heavily redacted.
Despite my user date, I'm still very new to actually using the site, so please have patience and assume ignorance rather than ill-will.

mia h

Quote from: Truman on June 09, 2015, 09:43:31 AM
Served before and during the Kardasian war.
I know people don't like Kim, Kourtney & Khloe but I think declaring war is a bit much  :P
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Truman

slytherindoctor

Only four more roles needed before we start. The first officer and chief science officer spots are now taken!

mia h

Reading the thread the only role that nobody has staked any kind of claim on is the CMO.

Captain : Raziel
First Officer : MaiMizzu
Chief of Security and Tactical : Doomsday
Chief Medical Officer :
Chief Science Officer : Truman
Chief Engineer : Holmes

I was thinking of doing a tactical officer but I guess I'll just wait for the next ship to arrive then.  ;D

slytherindoctor

If the spot is already taken, you could go ahead and make the character and post in the Starfleet Command thread. Alternatively, your character could be a crew member on the first ship lower then the command level until the second ship gets filled up and the character is promoted to a command level position on the second ship.

mia h

Quote from: slytherindoctor on June 09, 2015, 01:02:11 PM
If the spot is already taken, you could go ahead and make the character and post in the Starfleet Command thread. Alternatively, your character could be a crew member on the first ship lower then the command level until the second ship gets filled up and the character is promoted to a command level position on the second ship.

Actually that might be a pretty good fit for an idea I have floating round my head.

Phaia

MaiMizzu

Yeah there was a reason I said it was a first draft hehe

I'll be updating it soon, making it more complete. Like I wanted to in the first place, but I wanted to get something down.
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

slytherindoctor

Quote from: Phaia on June 09, 2015, 02:56:37 PM
what about a ship's counsuler?

Phaia

I believe someone did say that they were interested in playing a counselor role. It's not one of the main command roles, but it is certainly allowed, though not required, for each ship. Only one per ship, of course.

mia h

Basic Info
Name: Zelara Barax
Species: Trill
Planet of Origin: Bajor
Role : Officer
Major : Strategic Planning
Command Role : Intelligence Analyst\Tactical Officer

Physical Description
General Description : Zelara is one of the shorter Starfleet Officers at 5'3", combine with her slight physique she is not a commanding physical presence.

Other Information
Orientation: Straight
O/O: yeap, got those
General Description of Personality : Zelara's personality changes with the situation she is in. Off duty she is very relaxed, friendly and generally the last one to suggest returning to barracks on a night out. When left alone to work on her intelligence duties she is incredibly single minded and focused, sometimes forgetting to eat or sleep when faced with an interesting problem. As a commanding officer Zelara is much less sure of herself, she thinks she won't be taken seriously  which isn't helped by her small stature which means she appears indecisive and nervous at times, and as a result isn't always taken seriously.

Skills
Skill 1 Strategema Grand Master. Proficient at a wide range of games that require tactical thought.
Skill 2 Proficient with a number of Bajoran musical instruments, but tends to play very non-Bajoran music on them.
Skill 3 Can reprogramme any replicator in the known universe.

History
Zelara's parents moved to Bajor from Trill shortly after the end of the Cardassian occupation, Zelara's mother is a nurse and her father a supplier industrial replicators where were sorely needed after the Cardassian's left. Zelara's father is particularly skilled at taking old replicator units, refurbishing them quickly and cheaply before selling them on as 'almost new' units, skills that Zelara picked up when she worked in the family's warehouse.

Zelara was born less than a year after her parents arrival on Bajor, so her upbringing has been heavily influenced by the Bajoran culture. While she is not a devout believer in the Prophets, she gained a great understanding and respect for the religion and even saw the Orb of Contemplation during a rare cultural display, an event that caused her closest Bajoran friend to join one of Bajor's religious orders. Thought her early life Zelara, demonstrated an almost uncanny knack of spotting patterns and more importantly spotting things that didn't fit, with her father predicting that she would either be a law officer or Bajor's most successful gambler. Ultimately it was Zelara's mother that suggested she join Starfleet, and use her talents there; if Zelara could see the patterns other people couldn't and predict what would come next then maybe Zelara could stop the next pandemic or humanitarian crisis before it started.

Once at Starfleet Academy, Zelara's talents were channeled towards military and strategic planning where she demonstrated the ability to out think and out maneuver much more experienced Officers during war games. After graduation Zelara was assigned to Starfleet Intelligence, where her analytic work soon got her noticed when she was able to track down kemocite smuggling operation. The operation successfully closed down the smuggler but Zelara's battle plan fell apart and the result was almost a disaster. Despite her ability to see the big picture, Zelara doesn't understand how people work under combat conditions and what can go wrong, to help with this problem she has been assigned as Tactical Officer aboard USS <insert name> to gain some much needed field experience.

Love the spell checker trying to change Cardassian to Cartesian.

"Captain we're being attacked by a group of French philosophers!"
"Target their co-ordinates and tell me what the product set is."

slytherindoctor

Mia H, I really do like your character for sure. I like your concept of someone who is a brilliant chessmaster, but doesn't understand the way people behave under pressure. I like all three characters thus far really, they're all going to be interesting to rp with.

I am going to go ahead and claim the captain for the next ship. I have a very special idea in mind for the position which I will do when we get there.

Mathim

Quote from: slytherindoctor on June 09, 2015, 02:59:21 PM
I believe someone did say that they were interested in playing a counselor role. It's not one of the main command roles, but it is certainly allowed, though not required, for each ship. Only one per ship, of course.

'Twas me. Still interested in that. Just need to figure out how to find a good character pic for a Betazoid character.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

MaiMizzu

Basic Info
Name: Isha Khellian
Species: Romulan
Planet of Origin: Formerly Romulus, now Earth
Role: Officer
Major: Medicine
Command Role (if applicable): Commander, first officer

Physical Description
General Description: Slim, muscular build. Dark hair, she keeps it short generally. She’s 5’11”, weighs about 160 lbs. Isha has 4 small tattoos on her right forearm. They represent her mother, father and younger sister and brother.

Other Information
Orientation: Bisexual
O/O: See on/offs
General Description of Personality: Isha doesn’t want to forward the stereotypes of what a Romulan is. She loves her people, but she knows they have all sorts of bad rep outside of Romulan space. She wants to honor her people, and she feels the best way to do that is to exhibit the best of her people to outsiders. The passionate, compassionate, clever and simply beautiful parts of her people. This mentality is what has aided her to reach the rank she has in a relatively short amount of time.
She can be stern when she needs to be, but she always tries to be friendly at the same time. She believes in the concept of ‘team’, of doing what one must for the greater good of the group. Or the crew. Even when it’s painful to have to discipline someone, she knows she must. And she will, but in her own style.
Isha can be very charismatic and charming towards others. In fact she often tries to be. In the back of her mind, when she enters a situation involving those that aren’t Romulan.. she already has a hurdle to overcome. And she has, and that’s also part of the reason she has gained the rank she has.

Skills
Skill 1- Medicine. Her major at the Academy, but she chose to go the path of command instead. She is well versed in the use of Starfleet medical diagnostic gear, as well as manual medical techniques. While her people were generally xenophobic, she enjoyed studying the medical needs of alien species, which came in handy while she attended the Academy.
Skill 2-She is a very good chef, specifically in Romulan cuisine of course. She rather enjoys preparing travit, one of her specialties.
Skill 3- Pilot. She’s a very accomplished pilot, having been taught at a very young age by her father. While working on the freighter, she was able to expand her knowledge of piloting and moreso mechanical engineering. Though that isn’t as much her strong suit. Once she joined the Academy, she was able to expand her knowledge moreso with Federation ships of all types.

History
Isha was born on Romulus in the Kae'raktar Mountains in 2339. She was the first born to T'Rehu (mother) and Lhaes (father), both of whom were merchants. Her father was also a pilot, and he taught young Isha to fly in their transport ship, which was little more than an antiquated and reoutfitted scout ship. Her parents were both patriots, but wanted nothing to do with the military. Unlike Isha’s uncle, Chavek. He was Lhaes’ brother, and was a high ranking officer in the Romulan Military. He would often visit their home and try to convince his brother and sister in law to join the military. And when Isha was born.. Chavek would often speak of the glory of the Romulan military, of how he wanted to be the sort of hero her felt their people needed in that age.

Isha loved listening to her uncle’s stories of war, of how he himself destroyed many Dominion ships during the war itself. Chavek would tell Isha of the great battles, of the heroes it made. Of glory for their people, even though they were aligned with former enemies. But it was of course the Romulan military that carried the major weight of the Dominion War.

So growing up, Isha would often have ‘debates’ with her parents about the military. She wanted to join the military, as her uncle did, and become a hero for her people. As her uncle did (or so she’s been told). But her parents forbade it, and it was a sharp point of contention between them. It got so bad that Isha felt she had to leave her family, her life. So in 2379 she left Romulas to work aboard a Romulan freighter.

It was exhausting work, but it was rewarding work. She saw much of the galaxy (well at least the Romulan territories), and she learned so much about how the universe worked. At this point she could have easily gone back to Romulus and joined the military.. but she respected the wishes of her parents. She didn’t agree with their views, but she respected and loved them enough to not go against their wishes. Even if they would never find out if she did or not.

She served aboard that freighter for 8 years, and while much of the crew came and went, Isha remained. She became one of the leaders of the crew, no matter it’s make up. And then in 2387, everything for Isha changed. Romulus is destroyed by a supernova. She knew there was some kind of danger to Romulus, a natural danger. But they were being assured that it was being dealt with, and really the danger was minimal. This was the word from her government. So Isha never felt the need to perhaps return home, to maybe try and help somehow. To make amends with her parents, whom she hadn’t spoken to since she left Romulus. And now, it was too late for all of that.

She left the freighter she had been working and living on for 8 years, and was allowed passage to Earth. To the heart of the Federation. She remembers her uncle’s stories of glory for her people, how he helped her people. How Chavek was a great hero.. she wanted to do that now. She wanted to help her people in any way she could, to be the great hero she knows she could be for the Romulan Empire.. for the scattered remnants of the now nearly extinct race. And she felt a good way to do that would be to join Starfleet. The former enemy of the Empire, once allied against the Dominion. Isha saw it as her chance to do good.. to make amends for her past foolishness.

There were many against allowing her to join Starfleet Academy.. but a group of Vulcan representatives would vouch for her. Recognizing, perhaps, her passion and want to aid those she can. They saw the logical potential of having a Romulan amongst the cadets.. and the rest of the Council were perhaps taken aback by her passionate plea for a chance. Nothing more. Just a chance.

And once she joined Starfleet, she proved her doubters wrong. She worked to excel in everything set before her. To work through every obstacle that was put in her path, even the occasional harassment and vague hazing. She went on to graduate with honors in medicine, and was one of the better pilots in her class. And after graduation, she had her first assignment. She would be part of the medical staff aboard the U.S.S. Antilles. But her scope was far beyond just medicine, she worked on gaining more of a reputation as a pilot, and in command. She took the command course tests as soon as she was eligible, and seemed to ace them. And with that, she immediately asked for a command assignment, and she got it..

Mathim

Okay, so I gather there aren't many Betazoid characters on the shows or in fan stuff so can anyone help me find one or should I not care if my character has the right eyes?
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

MaiMizzu

Quote from: Mathim on June 09, 2015, 06:08:26 PM
Okay, so I gather there aren't many Betazoid characters on the shows or in fan stuff so can anyone help me find one or should I not care if my character has the right eyes?

As long as it's close.. i mean like someone with semi darkish eyes, i dont think it would matter much to us. But dont we have someone that could darken the irises of a pic? I could maybe do it..

Mathim

Quote from: MaiMizzu on June 09, 2015, 06:16:40 PM
As long as it's close.. i mean like someone with semi darkish eyes, i dont think it would matter much to us. But dont we have someone that could darken the irises of a pic? I could maybe do it..

Okay. I'm thinking Chase Williamson as the face model. I have no idea how to photoshop stuff so yeah...if anyone's good at that it would be appreciated. Is 27 too young for a ship's counselor, in anyone's opinion? I could always make him older but that's how old the actual actor is.

MaiMizzu

I personally don't think it's to young. But that's just my opinion.

How about you find me a good pic of him you like,and i'll see what I can do with it.

Mathim

Quote from: MaiMizzu on June 09, 2015, 06:23:17 PM
I personally don't think it's to young. But that's just my opinion.

How about you find me a good pic of him you like,and i'll see what I can do with it.

Groovy. Here's a decent one, I think:

MaiMizzu

does it look okay? do i need to shrink it back down to its original size?

MaiMizzu

that would actually be so much easier heh

Do you want his irises darker? Any other pics you want me to change I can if you like the results.

Hey i'm helping the crew, just like a first officer!