Game of Thrones: Ascension - Freeform, Sandbox GoT Group - Open to All

Started by GnothiSeauton, May 21, 2017, 12:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

sweets

Whoever becomes our Greyjoy I am more than happy to work out a connection between Darna and/or Qhorin Sharp.

fireandblood

I'm going to look through the IC threads and such to see if this might be too overwhelming for me, but ugh. I love this. I would love to play the lord of the Vale. I may just go ahead and put together a character sheet...

sweets

Quote from: fireandblood on August 24, 2017, 12:26:40 AM
I'm going to look through the IC threads and such to see if this might be too overwhelming for me, but ugh. I love this. I would love to play the lord of the Vale. I may just go ahead and put together a character sheet...

I would advise checking out the link below as it is approved characters and game info.

Approved characters

There is currently a younger sister played by Kokaine and Uncle played by Nostalgia to an NPC Lord Arryn. (Not shooting down your idea just throwing our relations.)

If you have any questions I have found everyone involved in this game is just great so do not worry about PMing people.

fireandblood

I just looked through the character list - I'm rethinking my character idea now, but thanks for the heads up. I had looked through the character thread and was a bit confused by it but now I understand it :) Thanks!

Nostalgia

So uh, opening for a badass (ex) mountain clan leader and a chaotic evil Essos warlord. Neither of these are going to jam you with too much continuity. Just step in and rock. As always, the character notebook is the place to be.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=267219.0 - the notebook in general
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=267219.msg13410281#msg13410281 - moi in specific.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: fireandblood on August 24, 2017, 12:26:40 AM

Don't feel overwhelmed at all :)

Everyone here in the group is really helpful and knowledgable about the game and what's going on, as well as super approachable.  Especially with my ass being busy with work so often now.  It might seem like a lot has been going on with the number of posts, but it's easy to get caught up.

Quote from: sweets on August 24, 2017, 12:35:00 AM
I would advise checking out the link below as it is approved characters and game info.

Approved characters

There is currently a younger sister played by Kokaine and Uncle played by Nostalgia to an NPC Lord Arryn. (Not shooting down your idea just throwing our relations.)

If you have any questions I have found everyone involved in this game is just great so do not worry about PMing people.

Exactly what Sweets said with regards to the Vale and the Arryns.

The official head of House Arryn is an NPC, and is going to stay that way for story purposes for just a little bit longer.  There's Mal, written by Kokaine, who is the next in line to the title, as well as an Uncle played by Nostalgia.  We also have at least one other minor lord in the Vale coming in soon after I do a final review of their sheet.

Quote from: sweets on August 23, 2017, 11:41:01 PM
Whoever becomes our Greyjoy I am more than happy to work out a connection between Darna and/or Qhorin Sharp.

We actually have two Greyjoys coming in real soon.  One as the head of the Iron Islands, and the other, a cousin, as the commander of the Iron Fleet.  Should be really interesting.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

fireandblood

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 24, 2017, 03:49:57 PM
Don't feel overwhelmed at all :)

Everyone here in the group is really helpful and knowledgable about the game and what's going on, as well as super approachable.  Especially with my ass being busy with work so often now.  It might seem like a lot has been going on with the number of posts, but it's easy to get caught up.

Exactly what Sweets said with regards to the Vale and the Arryns.

The official head of House Arryn is an NPC, and is going to stay that way for story purposes for just a little bit longer.  There's Mal, written by Kokaine, who is the next in line to the title, as well as an Uncle played by Nostalgia.  We also have at least one other minor lord in the Vale coming in soon after I do a final review of their sheet.

I looked through everything and a character came to me instantly. I contacted both Kokaine and Nostalgia, and they both were okay with minor character connections, so I sent in my character sheet - hopefully it went through!

Thank you for all of your help!

GnothiSeauton

Going to get to sheets tomorrow hopefully. I'm off early and am planning to get some stuff done on here.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

fireandblood

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 24, 2017, 10:30:01 PM
Going to get to sheets tomorrow hopefully. I'm off early and am planning to get some stuff done on here.

I didn't mean to seem like I'm rushing you! Absolutely take your time and don't worry about anything at all :)

Aiden

GnothiSeauton

And I've finally gotten back to everyone about pending character sheets and messages with questions.

If I missed anything, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

I think I'm caught up with sheets, reviewing edits, and PMs that needed my attention here with the group.

If I missed anyone, please don't hesitate to nudge me.

If you're still on the fence, and worried about the size and number of posts, please don't let that stop you from joining up.  We've got a ton of new characters, some that have just started and some that haven't gotten started yet, and it is really easy to figure out what's going on and everything else.

We've got an amazing group of people and writers here who are always open for connections, scenes, and just helping others out with getting started and involved.

Seeking New Stories

Aiden

GnothiSeauton

From the OOC...  Figured I'd post it here as well as a general notice to anyone who might be watching from the shadows...

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 28, 2017, 06:57:15 PM
About to take a look at character sheets in my inbox, but if there's anyone who is interested in playing the High Septon, PM me hopefully sometime soon.

The more I think about it, the more I think of the things that could be done with such a character, and how it could be a key part in the plot.  If no one takes it, what I'll do is just bring over the old High Septon from the last group with a few edits to serve as the face and voice of the Faith.

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

As a general disclaimer/notice/whatever the fuck...

If you are interested in writing the position of Master/Madam of Whispers, I will not accept Faceless Men or Women as the Master/Madam/Mistress of Whispers.

I have had a couple of applications and messages asking or having their proposed character possess such abilities.  In my view, it is something that I'm not entirely comfortable allowing, already being iffy on having Faceless individuals, for I think it's putting a lot of power in the hands of whoever takes such an important role within the story as the person of Whispers.  I know it sounds cool and all, and a great fit, but it's almost like too much of a great fit, you know?

I'm also going with book lore with Faceless Men/Women, rather than the show.  In that source material, they're more elite, and aren't all over the place.  They're devoted to death, viewing it as a religion, and don't, except for a few rare cases such as Arya in the show so far, give up on their ideals and beliefs so easily.

Seeking New Stories

Aiden

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Aiden on August 29, 2017, 04:20:24 PM
We need lords and ladies of various houses!

Agreeeeed.

I'd say we could use houses from all over the realm.

Most of the major ones are taken, but there are some really good houses with rich and juicy histories and lores about them still open.

Seeking New Stories

Adrian Castle

For those of us lurking out there... what might some of those houses be?

sweets

Quote from: Adrian Castle on August 29, 2017, 11:12:13 PM
For those of us lurking out there... what might some of those houses be?

Any region you had in mind? So many of the houses are really kick ass, (in my completely unbiased opinion the Northern Houses a bit more so) and have a lot to work with.

The we also have the Dothraki and Wildlings descendants in game running around in game that could use more representation.

GnothiSeauton

Off the top of my head, one of the best houses available is the Hightowers of Oldtown.  A rich family, with tons of military strength, and some good established lore in the books as well as this game.

The Freys could be an interesting one.

The Crakehalls in the Westerlands.

House Crowl rules over Skagos, that's been said to be inhabited (gossip of course) by cannibals and unicorns.

The Blacktydes of the Iron Islands have a long and bloody history.

Quite a few Mountain Clans in the North that are a part of Westeros, but not considered Wildlings.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/List_of_houses

There's a good link to a bunch of the major houses, their sigils, and words.

Seeking New Stories

GnothiSeauton

Seeking New Stories

TheBlackThrone

Just look at what houses are taken and see if you can collaborate with those writers on expanding them. If you cannot, see what houses haven't been taken and use the Song of Ice and Fire wiki to search for houses not yet represented. You can literally take any of those houses and run with their stories. If you join at the same timr as another writer, you can work an immediate pairing. Having a house that is wed to another is a good alliance starter and builder of relations, economy, military strength, etc. The writers here have character roles they desire filled so you can always ask around. There is a ton of things you can do in this game.

Lol what the GM said above since she posted a moment before me.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Kokaine

If anyone might be interested, House Arryn could use a steward or even someone who might wish to step in as a right hand man/woman. A loyal guard could be useful too (not that Mal will openly agree to that). I'm even open to more distant family members that might aspire to take control of the Vale or contest certain changes that will be occurring.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

sweets

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on August 30, 2017, 12:12:55 AM
And the Reeds.

A Reed character could be badass.

If Qhorin had won I would have submitted a Reed. They are in my top five houses.