News:

Main Menu

COMIC GEEKS Я US

Started by LunarSage, February 29, 2012, 02:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

The Nostalgia Critic review of the Spawn movie brought me back into the comics. I only have one volume, and that was enough to show me fucking horrid that movie is. The whole Necroplasm thing was especially terrible. "Oh, guns? Pfft, throw those away and learn to use your chains"

Erm... that's exactly backwards... he stuck with guns to avoid using the chains and wasting his Necroplasm.

CaptainNexus616

I thought the chains didn't require Necroplasm to use as it was a natural ability of the suit while his magic like flying, shapeshifting, and shooting energy attacks did require it? Ugh I need to brush up on this stuff.

Spawn having guns was a big thing at the start of his adventures and the animated series showed it. During his first fight with Overkill he was completely wrecked due to not having a clue how to properly utilize his armor in combat. However when he got ahold of firearms something he did understand with his basic regeneration and enhanced physical attributes...it really turned the tide.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Sabby

I want you to be wrong, because it makes me look like an idiot xD but even if the chains don't use Necroplasm, it was still stupid to have him throw away guns. That was a pretty important thing in the first volume, not just as a detail they messed up, but towards his character. Using human weapons was a way to hold onto his humanity and keep himself from relying on his powers, which is what his handler, Violator, is supposed to coax him into doing. It set him apart from other Spawns, in a way.

CaptainNexus616

That's true, in the comics despite they no longer served a purpose, Spawn still had his internal organs which was another sign as he refused to let go of the little he had left as a man.

It really is a shame Spawn's popularity burned out after the 90s due to my understanding several bad storylines including the replacement of Al Simmons. (Something they knew they screwed up and brought back eventually)

While Todd Mcfarlene refuses to ever part with the character...do you think Spawn would have better luck going to either DC or Marvel? I think seeing Spawn take on Trigon or work with Ghost Rider would be an epic spectacle.
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Sabby

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on February 27, 2016, 02:41:05 AM
That's true, in the comics despite they no longer served a purpose, Spawn still had his internal organs which was another sign as he refused to let go of the little he had left as a man.

It really is a shame Spawn's popularity burned out after the 90s due to my understanding several bad storylines including the replacement of Al Simmons. (Something they knew they screwed up and brought back eventually)

While Todd Mcfarlene refuses to ever part with the character...do you think Spawn would have better luck going to either DC or Marvel? I think seeing Spawn take on Trigon or work with Ghost Rider would be an epic spectacle.

And watch him just tossed into the tumble drier that is modern comic book continuity? No thanks. I don't care about Spawn teaming up with three C Lists, a B List and himself from 2066 on Earth IV in the Ultimate Continuity to stop a Symbiote controlled Ego The Living Planet from eating the Multiverse.

CaptainNexus616

Point taken. Marvel has Angela right now anyway.

Still wish Spawn had some of his old popularity back. Give him a more proper R movie and such. The guy is one of those rare gems that exists outside of DC and Marvel but the years have caused him to lose that shine he had when he debuted.

I hope that a good writer will come along and do something that does a turn around for the character.

CaptainNexus616

So any other Agent Venom fans lurking about?

Sabby

Never buying physical comics again. It's nice to have, but I've been reading more with digital. Much cheaper, no waiting for delivery. Got so many Alien, Predator, AvP and Terminator I missed out on because i just couldn't afford them, and now I can finish Spawn and Hellboy and maybe even try new series. I got issue 1 of The Strain for free.

Sabby

Ya know Spawn... not everything needs a Christmas special.

So, he kicks the shit out of a bunch of thieves, slams them through some TV antennas, wraps them up in chains and flies away, and some kid mistakes it for Reindeer on the roof, the chains as reigns, the antenna for antlers, the cape as a sleigh, and the dropped bag of stolen money as his present.

What a stretched out nothing issue.

Life in Color

CaptainNexus616