The harlot's reform (F looking for M)

Started by Becca, August 10, 2016, 08:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Becca

I'm interest in playing a rpg about a prostitute and an ordinary man falling in love. There, the concept is rather simple, but I'm hoping the story is not quite as siple at all.

I'd prefer the story to be set in the a historical setting, perhaps victorian era or the renaissance, but I'm open to having it be set in modern times, or perhaps even a distant future. I think a historical rpg would be far more interested given the different etiquette rules and sense of morality.

What I'm interested in is a romance convoluted and emotional, that from its very beginning does not seem meant to be. I'm not looking for my partner's character to be a man involved with crime, but rather an ordinary man; a businessman, an artist, a cop, someone of respect within the community, who has prospects of marrying a respectable young woman who has kept her virtue until her wedding day, if we set the story in a historical setting, or at least a young woman who does not sell herself for money, if we set the rpg in present day.
Instead, he meets and is enthralled by a woman who uses her beauty and body to pay her way through life, and slowly or rapidly falls in love with her, that is to be determined depending on my partner's preferences.
She will also fall for him, but there would be plenty of problems in the way. If he's not a wealthy man, she might not want to give up her income to marry him, become an ordinary housewife. Perhaps he cannot face the idea of society knowing he's marrying a woman who used to be a hooker. As their relationship grows, jealousy and frustration will also arise.

She could work in a whore house, an upscale and classy place; she could service those in power or she could be a woman roaming the streets, having to be on the look out for the violence and dangers lurking in the dark alleys, that is to be determine as well, depending on the particular setting where we decide to set this idea.

If anyone is interested in this idea, please do not post in this thread, but rather send me a PM and we can discuss it further!

Becca