Adeptus Evangelion - Mecha Game (accepting a few more)

Started by ShadowFox89, March 08, 2012, 07:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latooni Subota

Being the mayor's daughter works for me. I assume that since Elliquiy has rules against it, instead of being children we're going to adjust the requirement for piloting Eva to something else? Maybe a unique genetic marker?

Also, I'm gonna switch from Prodigy to Manufactured. Your mayor/seele connection gave me IDEAS!

I'm thinking (for a really quick rundown on backstory) that the mayor's real daughter died at some point, but she had whatever was necessary for being an Eva pilot, so using his Seele connections he got the body cloned and conditioned to effectively replace her. Of course, she's not the real daughter, so other than training and evaluations and whatnot, there's a lot of ignoring and not-so-happy moments going on in her life.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

The Great Triangle

Quote from: Latooni Subota on March 12, 2012, 12:23:13 PM
Being the mayor's daughter works for me. I assume that since Elliquiy has rules against it, instead of being children we're going to adjust the requirement for piloting Eva to something else? Maybe a unique genetic marker?

Also, I'm gonna switch from Prodigy to Manufactured. Your mayor/seele connection gave me IDEAS!

I'm thinking (for a really quick rundown on backstory) that the mayor's real daughter died at some point, but she had whatever was necessary for being an Eva pilot, so using his Seele connections he got the body cloned and conditioned to effectively replace her. Of course, she's not the real daughter, so other than training and evaluations and whatnot, there's a lot of ignoring and not-so-happy moments going on in her life.

Sounds like a plan!  Naturally, you'll have to choose if she's a one-off, or part of a series of clones, but the emotional connection will affect how often she's replaced.  Also, she'll be the basis for the Dummy plug system, though possibly without the Mayor's knowledge.

As for piloting an EVA, the ideal age range has been shifted from 14-16 to 16-18.  Beyond age 18 or so, the AT field starts to solidify, and synchronization effectively becomes impossible.  EVA pilots could still get to synch at age 20, but nobody has ever successfully synched with an EVA at age 21.  (At least, not yet.  It's unknown whether current pilots will lose their ability to synch over the long run)

We still need to select what city the group wants to start in.  Shanghai is pretty much a generic city, Giza is Evangelion without a city, Babylon gives SEELE an edge, but makes fighting the Angels easier, and Gotham calls for EVA in an aquatic environment.  And of course, there's also Tokyo-3, if people would prefer it.

In other news, I've gotten the first angel designed; it's a vaguely humanoid creature with tentacles for arms and a dragon's head on a long neck.  It has been smashing cities on the way to NERV for a couple of months as the game starts, while the UN debates deploying the Evangelions.  The resemblance between the monster and Showa era movie monsters has been remarked upon, of course.  N2 mines have yet to be deployed on the creature, but according to the MAGI computers, there's a risk that an N2 mine could mutate the monster into something more powerful.
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Latooni Subota

I personally thought the Babylon setting was pretty damn nifty. And the bad stuff that's related to it could make for fun plots to go through.

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

ShadowFox89

Well, we have Latooni going with a manufactured skirmisher...

I'm thinking prodigy skirmisher with a focus on long range heavy firepower....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Latooni Subota

Well, Skirmisher or AT Technician, leaning AT Technician. Thinking about what'll fit better.

Kimera

Character concept being discussed with TGT, but will be a manufactured berserker (melee)

ShadowFox89

Just some scratchpad stuff....

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: N/A; Gender: Male; Age: 17; Career: Skirmisher; Background: Prodigy
Willpower 31, Combat Skill 41, Sync Ratio 47; Wounds: 14; Fate Points: 3
Traits: Natural Talent (+5 Sync Ration), Sync Flux, Open Minded, Empathic
Assets/Drawbacks: Solider (10d), Charming (5d), Second Fiddle (maybe? I'll pick two different ones if not)
Advances: Target Acquisition (100), Weapon Expert (200), AT Power: Neutralize (free), AT Power: Deflective Field (free), Structural Upgrade (free), Weapon Upgrade (free)

Eva-042
History: Redacted (extra construction or mutation); Construction: Black Box, Lightweight Chassis; Mutation: Cyclopean; Soul: Twin Soul (hunter berserker)
BUP: Unnatural Eye (Farsight, free)
SUP: Entry Plug (improved, 1)
WUP: Scoped (1, on Pallet Rifle)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

The Great Triangle

What you've got so far looks pretty okay, Shadowfox; the only part I don't like is the EVA designation, since it implies there were 41 prototypes, which seems rather insane.

I'd like to have the designations go either...

EVA-00
EVA-01
EVA-02
etc...

or...

EVA-Solar
EVA-Mercury
EVA-Venus
EVA-Mars
etc... 

or even...

Buster Unit 0
Buster Unit 1
Buster Unit 2
etc...

As for setting, I suppose I'll go with Babylon, as long as nobody minds it being a completely blatant ripoff of Fritz Lang's Metropolis.  The mayor, in that case, would surely be named Gene Fredersen.  (though his wife would, more likely than not, end up being Japanese if the original anime feel were staying completely intact)

Ons and Offs

Kimera

ShadowFox89

Alright. I was trying to go for a bit of a pun with Unit-042 :P

I think Babylon would be good to go with. What bonuses would we get from it?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

The Great Triangle

2.5, as I've linked to on the wiki.  Content from Borderline may be imported on a case by case basis. 

As for bonuses from Babylon, the main bonus you get is that to get to the Geofront, an angel has to successfuly besiege the tower of Babel, then travel through all of Metropolis before they can even start to breach the Geofront.  Due to the isolated location, you don't really get any other bonuses, but if you are defeated, NERV has access to an emergency superweapons that can destroy any angel within Metropolis before it has the opportunity to reach the geofront, so you basically have to lose two battles before an Angel can initiate Third Impact. 

(unless you end up fighting an angel who can hack computers and sneak through the defensive lines in Metropolis)

In abstract, Metropolis basically looks like this:

The upper section is an incredibly massive fortress, while the Metropolis district is an underground city that goes on all the way down to the Geofront.  From the outside, the city basically looks like an unbelievably tall tower:

Metropolis itself is a maze of prefabricated steel structures that resemble the Aperture Science enrichment facility.  They are capable of being moved about on cranes, and rest on massive steel bulkheads between layers of the Metropolis.

Other sections of the Metropolis simply resemble tessalated urban terrain growing out of sloping walls, providing excellent cover for EVAs in the event that battles must happen inside Metropolis. 

http://www.leninimports.com/metropolis_production_still_new_1.jpg]
[url]http://www.leninimports.com/metropolis_production_still_new_1.jpg
[/url]

The pinnacle of the Tower of Babel is NERV's headquarters itself, where the pilots are educated amid the high towers and grandeur of the city of Babylon.  The geofront itself resembles the Tokyo-3 geofront, but with a rectangular rather than pyramidal NERV central base.

Ons and Offs

Latooni Subota

That's all cool by me.

(Also, dibs on EVA-00/Solar)

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

The Great Triangle

Technically, Lunar would be EVA-03, but I suppose you could change up the naming scheme...

So you'd have EVA-02 Phobos, EVA-03 Deimos, EVA-04 Io, EVA-05 Europa, EVA-06 Callisto, and EVA-07 Gannymede

Naturally, at that point, it's perfectly fair to start skipping EVA numbers thanks to reactor explosions and sabotage, though ideally, you guys should have the first few working models

Ons and Offs

Latooni Subota

Hum hum hum . . I wonder which of the three big things we have under the Tower of Babel? :3

The Great Triangle

Presumably Adam or Lilith, but given the confidence NERV has of being able to kill an angel, there's a chance that the Lance of Longinus happens to be integrated into the construction of the Tower.  (Several large buildings do include objects in the shape of the Lance as decorative elements)

Here's the Tactical map of Babylon:     The white circles indicate the radius of the umbilical cables in the city.  Most of its defenses are concentrated in four guard towers, and all of the support caches and umbilical ports are equipped with five umbilical cables.  The city itself is 3km in diameter, and if a tactical plan requires deploying EVA units outside the coverage of existing infrastructure, mobile trucks will be deployed to power the Evangelions.

Each of the launch ports and the Embarkation point can deploy into Metropolis as well as to the Tower.  When in Metropolis, the EVA units are restricted to using Support Caches, Embarkation points, and launch ports for power.  Pilots fighting in Metropolis are considered to always be adjacent to a barrier plate, since the urban geography can be shifted at will to deflect angel attacks, but each time this is done, the city suffers 1d5 collateral damage. 

Ons and Offs

ShadowFox89

Let me know when you want me to turn off the recruitment.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kimera

So various moons are the designation

Callisto sounds cool, but its way back from the start. I'll guess I'll go for Phobos or Deimos then

KnowThySire

So, I guess that I'd be the fourth pilot? I should finally make an attempt at a character. Sorry that it took so long. I'm trying to make sure I understand as much as I can before I start doing random things. I used the Invisible Castle site for my rolls since it since it was easier to use that Elliquiy's.

2d10+20=39, 2d10+20=31, 2d10+20=35, 2d10+20=30

So if I'm dropping the lowest, I guess that means 30 is gone.

Willpower will be 35, Combat skill will be 31, and Sync Ratio will be 39.

2d5+6=8

So wounds are 8... Not sure if it's good or bad. Gonna look it up I'm finished with the entire Character Creation. I'm basically writing as I go cause I want to get this done.

I'll be an impact survivor, which means Sync Ratio=34 and Wounds=9, as well as Fate Points=4

Positive traits will be Resourceful and Just Try Me

Negative Traits will be Scarred so Willpower=33, and Trauma so Insanity=4 (1d5=4) Although, it might be reduced down to 1 cause of Just Try Me, or does that only apply to when insanity's added on throughout the game? Not sure how that works either.

My Career will be Pointman since it's the last one left. xD

Drawbacks: Civilian (10), Hoarder (5) Diverse Troubles (5) -> Unprepared
Assets: Unremarkable (5), Soldier (10) -> +3 Combat Skill=34, Thrill Seeker (5)

This is what I have so far. Let me know how it looks and what could be improved. I'll work on my Eva tomorrow cause I'm tired as heck right now.

Edit: I'd actually like to change the Civilian drawback to Duty of Care (15) if it's okay, then add Uncanny Luck (5). I'd like my character to have a little brother that he's looked after since surviving the second impact. I'm sure it'd make the game more interesting.
There can only be one king.

KnowThySire

Also, I have don't quite understand a few things because I'm not able to find explanations in the guide. Can somebody explain how Fate Points, Insanity, and Willpower tests work?

Also, is there any significance to the Moons that are being used to identify the Evas, or is that just to look cool?

Latooni Subota

Progress check? I notice suddenly everyone stopped talking about their character creation. :x

Kimera

Oh I'm still here puzzling with my stats before I post them.

KnowThySire

I was scared that I killed this place with my ignorance. Lol

Wintercat

I'm a fan of evangelion and also a fan of CthulhuTech (found it humorous what they did there with their 'Engels') as well as enjoying Warhammer in many forms... but I had no idea there was a ruleset like this out there too.

I'm going to take a look at it, thank you for sharing the information about the fan-made product's existence. I think I'm not going to be able to join this but I am still grateful to the original poster for bringing this up in the first place. Wishin you all luck and hope you will have a marvelous game together.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A