News:

Main Menu

Nikola Tesla

Started by mystictiger, December 13, 2010, 04:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mystictiger

Good evening, E!U. I recently watched a rather silly youtube video. This encouraged me to do a wee bit of reading about this. Whatever happened to Tesla's broadcast energy system, teleforce device, and so on?
Want a system game? I got system games!

Oniya

I know that Mythbusters did something with his Earthquake Machine (device that induces structural collapse through harmonic vibration).  The electric chair was a direct result of Edison's spin that Tesla's alternating current was more lethal (and therefore dangerous) than Edison's direct current.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

SinClaire

Tesla was born at the wrong time, in my opinion. Or Edison, take your pick. It kinda sucks everyone loves Edison and Tesla is like the demi-god of geeks.

Shjade

Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

SinClaire

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

WantAPet

I think it's incredibly backhanded and insulting to Tesla's name that we use the very system he helped make happen (AC), even against Edison going to nuts to stop it, and now, today, we credit electricity, as a whole, to Edison.

Cdizk

Once again politics gets in the way of progress

Callie Del Noire

Good comic.. occasionally has a few scenes with Tesla..

one of my favorites is "Robo.. if a wild haired young man or an older man show up and mention Taguska, I want you to shoot them."

"But sir, you're a pacifist.."

"Indeed but you're not."

There have been a few scenes with him in the latest miniseries.