A Dead Life (recruiting for NC group)

Started by inkblack, December 22, 2010, 12:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkblack

Looking for others interested in a dark , supernatural storyline set in an isolated town with no escape.
There are opportunities for all kinds of things that go *bump* in the night to appear at the whim of the players. I've covered a general storyline in the the opening post , but left a lot of room for you guys to get creative with it.

Getting started is a breeze , just make a post in the ooc first then an entrance.

kylie

Forgive me if this should be more obvious than I found it to be... 

Is there a "system" and if so, what is it?  Does one need books, etc?

Also, is PC death to be expected, in general?

inkblack

No system really, I try to leave it as open as possible so that everyone can kind of run with the story. I give a general description in the first post as a guideline. This is an original story , so no there are no books or need to know anything beyond your own imagination.

Anything and everything is a possibility , though it's in a NC group I do ask that you consult a person in pm before doing anything drastic to their character.

kylie

Actually, I asked about system because I found it located on a board for system games.  The particular location doesn't really matter all that much to me, in the long run.  But it did cause me to wonder.  If it's actually freeform, it might save some confusion to make a thread on the Freeform side, and ask to have the one on the system boards deleted.

I like the sound of the atmosphere...  I may hold out a little bit and see what kind of characters start showing up.  Large group games with plots left much to the players tend to be very hit or miss for me (so far rather more miss, to be fully honest).  But I'll give it some thought and try to keep an eye out.  I do like the concept so far.  8-)

Cosmo_ac

I have to admit, this sounds like it could be a very cool game.  Kind'a like a silent hill meets...something else.  :p  I have to ask, is this going to be a horror game?  Also, it's a NC game, so does that mean my char would have to worry about rape monsters?

inkblack

That would be pretty scary , but ultimately everyone has final say on what's done to their character,  I don't have anything like that in mind... If someone else makes a rape monster , then you may need to worry.

Cosmo_ac

So, are we going to be trying to escape the town, figure out the puzzle of it's existance, just trying to live day-to-day, or is it totally up to us?

Mhina

This looks exactly like the kind of game I've been wanting to play. Given the setting it could be fun even if not that many people show up and it can just incorporate new players as they appear. I was wondering, do all the characters have to show up as newcomers to the town? Also, how supernatural is this town?

inkblack

I'm going to have the thread moved soon , an oversight on my part has it in the wrong forum. But the idea is that there are isolated incidents of all kinds, but nothing happens where there are a lot of people to see. Even when something happens most people wont believe the story..
But that leaves room for all kinds of nasties , ghosts, monsters anything really.

It's peoples fears that give shape to what comes for em , like a corporeal nightmare. Say if a person who's afraid of water wanders out one night and finds himself lost in the fog. He may suddenly have something drag him into a puddle and he'd be found ( or not found) with water in his lungs.  A person scared of ghosts or something , may see things and die of fright.

As the story takes shape there will be more direction I'm sure , but for now its pretty vague.

Cosmo_ac

I don't want to promise anything yet, but i think I might very well join this game.  I will have to wait a bit and see if another game I applied to is going to get going or not, but depending on how often a player has to post to this game, I could very well join up.

bend

- A&A - On & Offs -