The Netherlands, that den of Evil, drugs and wanton lust.

Started by Tamhansen, April 07, 2012, 07:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamhansen

Ok, my home country of the netherlands, after legalizing drugs and Prostitution, and exposing the world to that 'abomination called Gay marriage', has now found  new ways to offend the saviours of decency, like saint Rick (Santorum)

It started out with legalising marriage between more than two people. (not old school polygamy, but three or more people all marrying each other, the invention of the suicide pill, our militantly secularism. (All properly documented by this fox news report Fox News Trashes the Netherlands)

And then late 2011 Rick Santorum opened the eyes of the world to our practice of forcefully euthanising our elderly (Rick Santorum talks about my country Holland and euthanasia??)

And recently it seems the Dutch have started to ostracize eastern Europeans, purely based on ethnicity.

Now my issue really isn't with people making all these claims, I mean Idiocy will always exist, but unfortunately it seems many people are believing all this, and therefor, being a loyal denizen of evil Dutch person, I felt it time to correct a few things. So here are the facts.

legalised drugs: All forms of recreational drugs are illegal in the Netherlands, just like in the US. In reality, dutch law has outlawed a lot of drugs that are still legal in the US. However we do have a non enforcement policy when it comes to small amounts of Hasjish and marihuana, and even allow limited sale of these items to those over 18. I'd like to point out though, that the rates of problematic drug addiction, and drug related crimes are some of the lowest in the world. Possibly, but not definitelly partly due to this non enforcement.

Fully legalised prostitution Well this is really true. Prostitution is seen as just another profession in the Netherlands. You can even start a business as a prostitute, and open a bank account for this profession, be registered by the chamber of commerce, and so on.

Gay marriage the netherlands was the first country to legalise gay marriage, and it grants the exact same rights to married gays as straights. including inheritance rights, tax legislation, and the right to adopt.

Marriage between multiple partners Oh how I wish this was true. Wouldn't that be great? If I had two girlfriends that, not only I loved equally, but who also loved each other, that we'd be able to marry altogether? We'd have some issues with seating arrangements, but still. I'd go for it, and i know many others feel the same way. unfortunately, not only is this against the law in the Netherlands, but any form of Polygamy is banned.

Euthanizing small children and the suicide pill Yes, terminally Ill children can be euthanised, if and only if they are above the age of twelve, and consent is needed from the child itself, the parent, and two separate doctors. Also, this is only done if requested by the child itself. As for the suicide pill, no it's not available yet, and even if it was, we'd probably be unable to obtain them, both because suicide is still illegal in this country, and all the foreigners crowding the country to get one.

Militant secularism Currently nearly a quarter of our congress, and a third of our senate is comprised of Christian parties, next to that, nearly half our political body is openly religious, mostly Christian, Jewish, or Muslim. Yes, church attendance is rather low, but this is mostly due to the church itself. All those scandals don't boost ticket sales. In many of our towns, it is still illegal to drive or play loud music on a sunday, as this is the 'Lord's day' And only recently a jewish man got equited from disregarding the Identification laws we have in place, because he felt his religion prevented him from carrying the document on the sabbath.

Euthanizing old people A brilliant plan, from a budget standpoint, but completely untrue. in fact, in Holland if you want to die when you're body gives out, a simple DNR form isn't enough. Your doctor, and the hospital's legal staff will have to check their own regulations, and make that decision, and can hook you up to the machines against your will. Now I'll admit most doctors respect their patients wishes, but legally, they're allowed to keep you alive

Ostracizing the polish recently, members of a far right wing party (I'm not allowed to call them extreme right, because that in Europe is seemingly reserved for those attacking Jews, while this party only attacks Muslims, and slavic people) The Partij voor de vrijheid (Party for freedom) have opened up a phone and internet hotline, where people can complain about problems caused by Eastern Europeans. Although this party, due to a horribly intricate political system, and a completely shattered political landscape have become a partner to the two governing, central right parties, (liberal democrats and the christian democrats) who, without the PVV would be unable to stay in power, and even with the help of this PVV only control 50% of parliament, the PVV is not part of our government, and their actions are therefor not those of our government. In fact, our government, as well as our big business and most of our inhabitants welcome these eastern Europeans (because, let's face it, they're cheap labor)

Now I know that many people in the US already know FOX news, has no resemblance to an actual news program, and is merely a propaganda machine for the GOP, I still felt it necessary to state these facts, which many outside our country, are, through no fault of their own usually, lacking.

Thank you.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Callie Del Noire

I can only say that Rick Santorum has gone out of his way to offend other groups, so the Dutch are in good company. He's pretty much insulted everyone over here who hasn't agreed with him. 

vtboy

Quote from: Katataban on April 07, 2012, 07:48:14 AM

Now I know that many people in the US already know FOX news, has no resemblance to an actual news program, and is merely a propaganda machine for the GOP, I still felt it necessary to state these facts, which many outside our country, are, through no fault of their own usually, lacking.

Thank you.

Please stop trying to cloud our thinking with facts. Villification of the Dutch is a nice change after the monotony of 3 1/2 years of demonizing Obama. Thank you for your understanding. 

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: vtboy on April 08, 2012, 11:27:11 AM
Please stop trying to cloud our thinking with facts. Villification of the Dutch is a nice change after the monotony of 3 1/2 years of demonizing Obama. Thank you for your understanding.

True..Blofeld..er ..Murdoch can't report anything bad about England while they investigate his criminal actions there..one of the other news agencies might realize that it would be worth ratings to report on that!

TheGlyphstone

There are two kinds of people I can't stand in this world: People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.

Tiberius

THE DUTCH ARE EVIL!!!!!! O_o

Personally I think a lot of what the Dutch do is pretty cool, they seem to be a lot about open acceptance and don't seem to have much if at all discrimination. Its one example of how the world should be.

Cheka Man

I went through a Dutch hating period but I can't say why as I'd have to name names.

Serephino

I just love how if a group of people don't do what the Catholic church says they should, they're suddenly attacking religion, or not religious.  *sigh*  Oh, and... *hisses at Kat*  Keep your evil facts away from me you... you.... devil worshiping Dutch person, you! :P   

vtboy

A comforting thought: perhaps hell is like a vacation in Amsterdam, only longer.

Avis habilis

So it's like that episode of The Layover, except it goes on forever? Apart from the mediocre sandwich bar part, I'm down with that.

Well, that & the reefer. Never been able to smoke. Damn you asthma!

MasterMischief

Suggesting a church follow the same laws of the land as other organizations is a 'War on Religion', but denying women medical care is not a 'War on Women'.

The persecution complex is getting old.

Dashenka

I do not understand why of all people the Americans are judging the Dutch. I have lived in the Netherlands for quite a while and that 'abomination called Gay marriage' is the sole reason I am considering moving there again.

It's called progression. Some people in Europe have evolved into openminded people. Something that has not really caught on on the other side of the Atlantic so it seems. Yes I am
generalizing since that is what people do in this topic.

Being from Eastern Europe myself I also encountered the ostracizing the Eastern Europeans when I lived in Amsterdam. What I like to say though is that this concerns a small group of halfwitted apes who have no brain or are scared to use it (the people who voted Partij voor de Vrijheid). The very last thing that party stands for is freedom.
Having said that, Amsterdam, and a lot of cities in the Netherlands are actually very pleasant cities to live in.

FOX just proven to the world what a lot of people already knew. Most Republican candidates for presidency are somehow, somewhere bred from vegetables. Santorum claiming this about the Netherlands, Bachmann claiming the Soviet Union still excists and is arch enemy number 1. Why do Americans even vote for people like that? I think I know the answer...
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Callie Del Noire

Dashenka, believe it or not.. not everyone in the GOP believes in the Santorum comments. Or in him. Most of the moderates are ignored, since the national leadership finds it much easier to get away with their extra agenda by pandering to the social conservatives (who gleefully allow them full reign in exchange for minding everyone elses business and banning things like gay marriage, abortion, birth control, ect)

Dashenka

Which is exactly my point. Why is that 'allowed' to happen. Why won't the Republican voters then stand up and tell that imbecile to join the 21st century. If Russians can stand up to Putin, surely, you Americans must be able to stand up to something that isn't nearly as powerful as Putin, yet.

Just my two cents.
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Tamhansen

'That' is allowed to happen because like moste political parties the GOP are a reactionary body. In order to counter the popularity of fringe elements (like the tea party) they need to cater to the same audiences. In European countries this is lessened due to multitude of parties, and the greater need to profile a party, but you can see the same happening here. In the Netherlands the Vvd became harsher on immigration to counter the vote loss to the PVV, in France the UMP started a more anti EU course to counter nationalist movements like the FN gaining ground.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

vtboy

Many have claimed that the great mitigating influence on political extremism in the U.S. has been its two party system. I think this places too small a value on our apathy.   

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: vtboy on April 25, 2012, 03:05:41 PM
Many have claimed that the great mitigating influence on political extremism in the U.S. has been its two party system. I think this places too small a value on our apathy.   

I would argue the last 2 decades.. specifically the last 5 or 6 years have shown the lie to that statement. Neither side is interested in moderation these days.

vtboy

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 25, 2012, 08:12:16 PM
I would argue the last 2 decades.. specifically the last 5 or 6 years have shown the lie to that statement. Neither side is interested in moderation these days.

Which statement -- the one about the two-party system or the one about apathy?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: vtboy on April 26, 2012, 06:45:36 AM
Which statement -- the one about the two-party system or the one about apathy?

That the two party system is the mitigating influence in America.

Sophronius

The problem is that Rick Santorum is from Pennsylvania and hates Europeans.  So, the only Dutch people he's ever met are Pennsylvania Dutch (nevermind that they're descended from Germans, he doesn't know that).  And when he compares the Dutch to the Pennsylvania Dutch, his brain starts to go haywire as he can't possibly comprehend how the Dutch casually use zippers and cell phones, much less allow prostitution.  This then results in his brain short circuiting, and as his nervous system goes through a hard reboot, disgusting nonsense and idiotic slander just sort of leak out of his mouth.  At least I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

Rinzler

Quote from: Sophronius on April 27, 2012, 12:52:25 PM
The problem is that Rick Santorum is from Pennsylvania and hates Europeans.  So, the only Dutch people he's ever met are Pennsylvania Dutch (nevermind that they're descended from Germans, he doesn't know that).  And when he compares the Dutch to the Pennsylvania Dutch, his brain starts to go haywire as he can't possibly comprehend how the Dutch casually use zippers and cell phones, much less allow prostitution.  This then results in his brain short circuiting, and as his nervous system goes through a hard reboot, disgusting nonsense and idiotic slander just sort of leak out of his mouth.  At least I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

*LMFAO*  XD XD XD

Of course, that's presupposing Santorum possesses a basic level of cognition. I'm pretty sure it can only react, like a cluster of tubifex worms* being probed by a stick.

*Otherwise known as the 'sewer worm'.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: DeMalachine on April 27, 2012, 04:47:06 PM
*LMFAO*  XD XD XD

Of course, it's presupposing Santorum possesses a basic level of cognition. I'm pretty sure it can only react, like a cluster of tubifex worms* being probed by a stick.

*Otherwise known as the 'sewer worm'.

Or the brain in question runs on MS-DOS, with an extremely bad text parser.

MasterMischief

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 25, 2012, 08:12:16 PM

I do not know about that.  Obama, at least, seemed willing to sacrifice some sacred cows.  The Republicans pounced on the 'sign of weakness' and began demanding more.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: MasterMischief on April 27, 2012, 06:54:11 PM
I do not know about that.  Obama, at least, seemed willing to sacrifice some sacred cows.  The Republicans pounced on the 'sign of weakness' and began demanding more.

Yeah, but his own party wasn't standing behind him either when he tried.