News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Question about unapproved members

Started by Moondazed, January 30, 2014, 07:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moondazed

Just out of curiosity, can someone participate in the forums unapproved members can see without actually going through the application process?  Is there an expectation that everyone will go through the process to gain full access?
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Lilias

Why would anyone want to remain indefinitely without editing privileges?
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Moondazed

I don't know :)  I ask because I noticed someone was participating in the social threads (other than the Doormat) who hadn't posted any sort of Introduction, and it occurred to me that I don't know if that's a requirement.
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

Lilias

People who go inactive can wander back and take some time before getting round to intro stuff again. ;)
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Moondazed

Oh!  I didn't realize someone could be put in Unapproved status once they'd been approved. :) 

Thank you.

Lilias

Approved status is not revoked (not to Unapproved, at least). But not everyone sticks around to the end of the process. :-)
~Wendell Berry

Moondazed

OK, but wouldn't their past posts show up if you looked at their profile and clicked on "Show Posts"?

Lilias

Yes. Depends, though, how far back you want to look. :-)
~Wendell Berry

Moondazed

There's only one page of posts, none of which are an introduction, and the person appears to have just registered a couple of days ago.

Lilias

Well, everyone in their own time. :-) Nobody stays in the anteroom forever, but it's up to them whether to move inside or away.
~Wendell Berry

Moondazed

OK, thank you for satisfying my curiosity. :)

Iniquitous

This particular person is already posting requests for writing partners as well.
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

Blythe

Quote from: Iniquitous Opheliac on January 31, 2014, 01:18:48 AM
This particular person is already posting requests for writing partners as well.

So long as their writing request follows site rules and the rules of the area they have posted it in, I don't believe there is anything wrong with that.

HighKing23

I wanted to clear a doubt ...  As of now im Unapproved so what more
should I do to get approved . I just joined today and I've already given
my Introduction but as of now there are no replies, do I have to post
more ??
Also I've been playing the forum games which is fun, is it ok if I
continue playing even if I'm not approved?
Jus one more thing how does one get banned ?

Lilias

You need to check your intro thread regularly and interact with the people who post there. :-)

The Introduction Thread and Approval Policy explains all that needs to happen for approval.
~Wendell Berry

HighKing23

Thanks Lilias for the advice

I wanted to write an adult story, Is possible to do so? If so where should I go ?

Blythe

Quote from: HighKing23 on February 12, 2014, 08:25:24 PM
Thanks Lilias for the advice

I wanted to write an adult story, Is possible to do so? If so where should I go ?

Right now, as an unapproved member, you have access to the Non-Adult roleplaying area. Content in that area should be PG-13 or cleaner, meaning that content must be appropriate for someone under the age of 13 to read and should not contain sexual content. At this point in time, you only have access to the Non-Adult boards. The boards for Adult RP are accessible if a member is approved.

HighKing23

ok Thanks  .I will wait then till I get approved

HighKing23

I was wondering if it is ok for me to reply to a roleplay request  by telling them i wanted to join them as I get approved ?

Oniya

Quote from: HighKing23 on February 15, 2014, 01:35:38 PM
I was wondering if it is ok for me to reply to a roleplay request  by telling them i wanted to join them as I get approved ?

Unapproved members are not able to post in the Adult Roleplay Request boards.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

HighKing23

Oh ! ... So then I will have to wait it out .. how many more days should I wait to get approved?

Nico

Quote from: HighKing23 on February 16, 2014, 04:25:08 AM
Oh ! ... So then I will have to wait it out .. how many more days should I wait to get approved?
You can find informations on the approval process here.

HighKing23

Thank you ! Appreciate your help  ;D