All the types of Drunk

Started by BlueMaiden88, January 04, 2020, 04:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueMaiden88

If we're all adults here, it's safe to say that we are all types of drunk.  Different folks believe that different alcohols affect them differently.  So, for the sake of fleshing out your story writing and just goofing off.  Let's talk about all the types of drunk.  If anything prompts a story, PLEASE link us to it!  It'll be a fun read.

As a general rule, when I drink, personally, I tend to be less inhibited, but still aware, somewhat more coordinated in body, but certainly not in mind.  To give an example, I was apparently observed fawning over people for even the tiniest achievements, but discerning enough that I could tell a stranger that he wasn't allowed to hug me because he wasn't my friend, sashaying and twirling about with more grace than I have ever had sober, and somehow was able to understand some strange bio-chem equation but was too stupid to realize that I was perfectly able to remove myself from the "trap" meant to keep my friend's dog out of the living room by simply stepping over it. 

Here's my PERSONAL list of alcohol behavior changes.

Vodka: Spinny, warm and chatty.  Liberal touches and free flowing, LOUD conversation.  Everything is exciting.
Whiskey: Slow cooling warmth spreading from every place it touches.  A slow drawl and easy razor wit conversations, no hurry.
Rum: Floating, energetic, yet somehow lazy.  A soft, tingling buzz and lots of giggles. 
Polish Moonshine: Frenzied dances, hot, sweaty.  Loud, laughing, foot stomping, coarse joking good times.  Winding down into spontaneous cuddling and sweet confessions of admiration
Wine: We don't get drunk on wine.  We get slightly tipsy and nurse that buzz while we gossip and talk shop... or sex shop with trusted friends.
Cognac: Sipping and discussing life, aspirations and dissecting what we see as truth.  Philosophical discussions that barely make sense in the morning.  Headaches lingering in the back of the mind.
Beer: A faint, bloaty, burpy buzz.  Loud laughing with friends over dumb stuff.  Feeling gassy but cuddly.
Absinthe: When I walk green carpets of moss form beneath my feet and my head is buzzing with butterflies. Every nerve alive and every pulse filled with rapturous singing.  I can fly, but I can't figure out how to open the door.