Evangelion: War of Angels

Started by OHWceta, January 22, 2011, 10:13:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OHWceta

On the Tram May was still teary eyed but she had finally stopped crying hysterically.

"I hope Frank's ok, we'll have to stop by the wards tommorrow" said Seth.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Rygarr

Rygarr bit back a response but got on the Tram and sat away from the others. The Tram headed back to the base.

OHWceta

(Alright, skipping ahead until the next morning)

When May and Seth got to the ward Frank was gone.
May looked shocked and scared.
"Where is he?" Demanded Seth looking around.
"Looking for Someone?" Asked Frank in the hallway behind them, he was wearing his usual black jeans and leather Jacket, plugsuit barely visible underneath.
"What the heck happened to you?" Asked May in a shocked voice hugging him quickly.
"You Recover Quick" said Larissa crossing her arms.
"I only passed out for a short while, they only brought me in to make sure there wasn't any deeper mental damage than they could detect without the scans, by the time I got out though the Trams had stopped for the night so I slept here and waited for you guys, Giren said my issue won't affect the testing today but I'll be going last in the piloting tests.
"So, did you find out what those creatures were or anything?" asked Seth
"Angels, though not the same as those big ones we were fighting" said Frank
"Babies?" asked Larissa
"Not Quite, you see, those things are also human" said Frank
"How's that possible?" Gasped May
"See, they enter a human's mind and manipulate thoughts, filling you with emotions until you lose your personality completely, the shell that's left abandons its AT field and the human body loses its form and becomes another form, 'ascension', it's The Angels were once human like us but have since evolved into those big monsters before us, they're trying to turn us into them by forced evolution.
"I saw you start to change before you passed out? what was that?" asked Seth
"I rejected their process and put up my AT field to block their thoughts" said Frank
"So you know how to use an AT field?" asked Larissa
"I do, but don't go thinking it will help you, if you expand your AT field and it gets destroyed, you'll lose your form and your body will just melt away into a puddle of LCL" said Frank
"Oh..." said Larissa a bit disappointed.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

pendarious

"Tch those little fuckers sure have a pleasent way of communicating" Olivia grumbled reaching up and rubbing her shoulder. "By the way....Expanding the AT field.......looked kinda cool" She had the corner of her lip twitched up slightly.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Rygarr

"The AT field is interesting.....can you use it in a Eva?" He asked after listening to what everyone said so far, looking at frank.

OHWceta

"I already went over the risks of using an AT field, if I can it'd best best not to do it, we don't know how it could affect the sync ratios or the Eva's ability to function." said Frank
"We need to hurry to the Hangers, we're almost late for the Activation tests" said Larissa
"You wanting to be on time? that's a surprise!" exclaimed Frank
"I'm just eager to start testing, I wanna pilot" said Larissa.

Frank and the others headed for the Tram.

pendarious

"the AT field is one of the EVA's most basic defensive masures.....It is still risky to expand but it's a basic function built into them in the case of wide spread bombardments by angels.....of course we don't know what happens to an EVA when it's AT field is destroyed" Olivia stated as she got onto the tram heading for the hanger.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

OHWceta

The Tram arrived at the Hangers, it was more busy than usual as crews prepared for the activation tests.

"You'll find plugsuits in the locker room downstairs if you don't already have one, if you're already dressed then head to the 7th Floor where you'll be prepared for the tests." said one of the aids.

Frank, Seth, and May already had theirs so they headed up the Elevator, Larissa went down to the elevator to get hers.

Rygarr

Rygarr already had his as well and walked up to the 7th floor to wait for the testings to begin.

pendarious

Olivia shrugged and strolled off to fetch a plug suit herself. It wasn't like she had one already or anything. "Bah...these "veteren" Pilots bug me" she grumbled as she was looking for a suit of her size.

OHWceta

"Cheerleader, Tool, and Mr. Wannabee Badass, though Frank doesn't seem half as annoying as the rest of them, he reminds me of someone for some reason...." said Larissa as she picked out a black plug suit and tried it on.

Suddenly Larissa let out a loud scream and she reached into the shower  to throw a nearby bottle of shampoo.
"Ouch....why'd you do that?" groaned a male voice.
"Prevert! watching us change!" shouted Larissa holding her suit over her naked body between her and the silver haired boy wearing a green plug suit.
"If you must know I was here first so you technically walked in on me, I'm Rick by the way, a fellow pilot, we didn't get a chance to meet last night because my flight was delayed.
Rick left the locker room and Larissa couldn't help but check out his ass. She blushed and muttered another "Pervert" under her breath before starting to get dressed.

"We will be testing Unit 14 First" announced Giren. "Piloting test order will be: Frank, Rygarr, May, Seth, Olivia, Rick, Larissa"
Larissa ran up the stairs, finishing getting dressed wanting to watch the others test.
Frank climbed up to the Entry plug and entered the hatch with it sealing behind him. The Sirens to stay clear began to sound and lights began to flash.
"Preparing LCL Fluid, Stabalizing Neurotransmitters, establishing communications, Frank is everything alright in there?" said the opperator.
"All systems look good to me" said Frank
"Begin the Testing sequence!" announced the opperator.

Suddenly the Eva let out a loud roar, May covered her ears. The Eva broke free from one of the arm restraints and punched the blue Eva standing across from it.
"Abort! It's lost control!" shouted the opperator.
"Sever all connections!" ordered the Major
As the Eva reached out to attack the bridge where everyone was standing all went black and it was quiet.
"We'll commence testing the other Eva units, prepare to make adjustments to Unit 17 and we'll try Unit 14 again once we've tested the remaining Evas and have them moved to their Hangers from the test site, if it loses control it wont cause so much damage, have the maitenance crew get it ready for another go" ordered Giren.

The Entry plug was ejected and Frank was helped out, he was sweating and shakey.
"What happened in there? Are you ok?" May asked Frank in a worried voice.
"I don't know....it was...odd.....I can't make out exactly what I heard or saw, but it spoke to me......but in some language I can't comprehend" said Frank
"Sweet! I wanna try!" said Larissa, giddy with excitement.

"Rygarr, you will be testing in Unit 15, make your way to the Entry plug" said the opperator. (It's going to fail but not as wildly as Unit 14, As mentioned earlier Rygaar is in Unit 19 and Olivia Unit 20)

Rygarr

Valther was in the waiting area when the Eva went crazy but he saw everything, amazed that Frank was rejected in such a violent way. He wonder if the Eva actaully was angry about having a human control. He shrugged it off, thinking that he should move on and get going onto his Eva. He walked to the plug, going through a few doors. He steps inside and lets the plug close.

pendarious

Olivia had picked out a purple plugsuit and dressed arriving just in time for the testing to start. "wow......that's incredibly awesome" She mused as it went berserk. She knew there were all sorts of safety risks involved based on what she'd heard about the origional EVA incidents

OHWceta

"Preparing LCL Fluid, Stabalizing Neurotransmitters, establishing communications, Valther is everything alright in there?" said the opperator.
"Begin the Testing sequence!"

Everything appeared normal and a simulation screen appeared in front.
"Now try to walk!" ordered the Major
of course when he tried the Eva wouldn't move.
"The Synchronization Ratio is quite low for this one, we'll have to try another pilot" said the opperator.
"Alright, May on Standby" said Giren as the Entry Plug was ejected.

Rygarr

Valther shrugged and got out of the plug, wondering why he couldnt move the Eva. He guessed he needed practice or whatever and walked off to the locker room.

OHWceta

They repeated the test with May, her test went smoothly.
"I think it likes me" said May as she left the entry plug.
"It's a giant robot, how can it 'like' you?" muttered Larissa, her arms crossed, jealous because she would be last to test.

Next up, Unit 16, Seth was sent to try it but failed pretty much the same way as Valther.
Olivia was also Rejected, Rick ended up being the pilot assigned to Unit 16.
Larissa looked at Olivia with annoyance, "Even the pervert gets his Eva before me"
17 was still undergoing repairs from 14's attack so each pilot was tested for Unit 18, most of the rejections were simple but Frank suffered a headache after his test failure but it only lasted a few short minutes. Eventually Seth was chosen as the pilot.
Frank was still recovering from his headache when Unit 19 was tested so he gave his turn to Valther.
As Valther entered the plug yet again,
"Preparing LCL Fluid, Stabalizing Neurotransmitters, establishing communications, Valther is everything alright in there?" said the opperator.

Everything appeared normal and a simulation screen appeared in front.
"Now try to walk!" ordered the Major
This time the Eva walked smoothly without hesitation
"The Synchronization Ratio is stable" said the major, "now fire at the virtual targets"
several holograms popped up ahead of the unit and began to move from side to side.

pendarious

"you win some you lose some" Olivia shrugged as she dealt with the rejection of the units. she could care less either way. "the pervert getting it before you huh? that's hilarious." olivia stated a bit of mirth in her tone as she teased larissa.

Olivia was a girl with little interest in the world around her infact she was clinically proven to always be sitting on the thin line of sanity. She had some sadistic tendencies and of course considered boredom to be her constant and worst enemy. most of her escape from boredom came in the form of console or online gaming.  she was pretty good either way but never let defeat bother her. She was so detatched from the span of things that she didn't fear death no what she feared was dying bored and empty.

Rygarr

Valther felt more at ease in Unit 19, so when the targets popped up he pulled out a specialized hand gun and shot at the targets. He saw the holes appear in the chest and head for each one when he unloaded his clip. He was surprised how it fast it went by and the targets that he hit so well. He smiled a little, glad that he finally put his skills to use, now i might be able to fight better he thought.  He relaxed on his controls and waited for further commands.

OHWceta

"Good work, you passed your test" said Giren
The entry plug was ejected and Unit 20 was Prepared.
"Olivia, report to the preperation area for your test" announced the opperator.

pendarious

Olivia shrugged as she was called up and strolled to the preperation area. "so.....unit 20 huh? your an aweful crafty looking fella" she stated eyeing the machine. her lips curved up slightly into a hint of a smile "well lets you and me get along eh?" she asked

OHWceta

The plug was inserted into the Eva after Olivia climbed in.

suddenly the alarms went off
"What's going on?" shouted the opperator.
"Scanners indicate a large unidentified object approaching this base, it could be an Angel" said Giren
"Should we get the Eva's ready?" asked the Major
"We don't have time, Olivia will have to handle this on her own until we can get the others ready, it's still in test mode so it won't be fully functioning, the special weapons aren't prepared but it should be able to opperate the general weapons from the loading container." said Giren
"You hear that? you'll be using your suit in combat, don't overdo it, you still have limitations in test mode" said the opperator to Olivia, "The Generators aren't equipped for long term use so you only have 20 minutes of power, usage from the previous test runs have lowered capacity to 5 minutes"
"Scans confirm, we have a code blue, it's an Angel!" shouted the Major
"Damn Angel....I wanna pilot!" groaned Larissa

pendarious

for the first time since any of them had met her olivia's tone was actually filled with amusement "well....things sure are heating up" after a moment she stated "running system analysis....." her eyes ran over the data as it scrolled across the hollo screen "i see.....well these limiters will make things harder......but still interesting." she moved the machine out to meet her opponent "lets see.....what do we have here?......scanning area" she stated as she began to run a sweep with the scanner.

OHWceta

(BTW, we're at this angel: http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/OHWceta/Angel2-Gad.png )

The Angel was striding quickly towards the base on its four legs, its tentacles flailing randomly as it moved, damaging buillding as it made contact.

A Weapons rack shot up from the Elevator next to Olivia's Eva.

pendarious

"let's see........" she grabbed one of the shotguns and aimed carefully before lowering the angle firing at the four legs. She was sure this wouldn't work but hell if she could get it to dance a little bit it could be fun.  She watched as the four shots were deflected off the AT field. "Hey.....do you guys have any idea just what those things on it's head will do?" she asked over the com.

OHWceta

as she asked the question, two of the Spikes shot out, one of them missed but the other peirced The Eva's right shoulder.

Olivia could feel the pain in her own arm from the stab wound.