An adventurers vacation: Stranded in Paradise! (Mid-Level Pathfinder)

Started by who149, August 01, 2017, 03:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

who149

Every adventurer at one point or another asks themselves a huge question. "Gee. What am I gonna do with all of this money that I got from dragon slaying, goblin Killing, and other perfectly 100% legal methods?". Sure, you can buy brand new armor and weapons with all of that. But is that really fulfilling? If all of your gold merely goes to buying you more weapons to obtain more gold, what are you doing with your life? Every Adventurer, Mercenary, and murder hobo needs to go and use that money and blow it on something for themselves!  Which was the exact problem a small group of adventurers who came back from their previous adventure just faced!

Luckily! A solution came flying at them! Flyers for a brand new Resort Island in the middle of the ocean! Far passed any kingdoms laws! Women! Men! Gambling! Sun! Hot Springs! More Men and Women! High Class Food fit for a king! Finest ales brought from all over the world! Brought to you by Gorgeous Women and Men! Wearing loin clothes! A perfect place to be during the summer where absolutely nothing will go wrong! Stay for a whole week! The boat isn't coming back until the week is over so its best to enjoy yourself!... Did I mention the attractive Men and Women serving you?

Anyway! Basic idea! Small pathfinder group about a small group of 4-5 adventurers who decide to take a vacation at an island resort that just opened up. Their fair pays them a whole week. And things seem wonderful at first! But. It never takes long for things to go south. And that boat doesn't come back for a whole 'nother week. What exactly will you be facing? Who knows! A brand new calamity seems to be on the horizon each and every day.

The exact attractions of the island will probably vary depending on what the group wants! Almost like the island is catered towards its guests! . So, what you and/or your character would be hoping to find while on the island would be good knowledge to have!

Pathfinder
Level 6
4-5 members.
25 point buy.
Most classes and races welcome!
One Trait

Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

Petrus02

Laughing Hyena

corvusul86

who149

Oh! Awesome! I can work with 6 People if everyone here is interested!

Ons and offs!

Snake

PhantomPistoleer

Well... my health has been much better lately, and I've been dying to play in a pathfinder game.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Snake

corvusul86

Do you want us to go ahead and start making characters? If so, are you using traits?

who149

Well. We'll have to see.

What did everyone have in mind on the way of characters?

Ons and offs!

Snake

who149

Yes. Go ahead and make your characters. And I'll allow a single trait.

Ons and offs!

towerhouse

I was thinking a synthesist (summoner) with a twist.  Two lovers are cursed to be separated.  The woman found a way to summon her dead lover who was in hades.  But when he is summoned, he takes over her body, and neither of them can communicate directly with each other.  The man takes over during the day and the woman during the night.  Of course, they both start having wandering eyes.  And the vacation might loosen them up a little.

I have other ideas too, if people don't like synthesist (which is banned by certain pathfinder groups)
-TH

On/Offs

Snake

Well a synthesist, built optimally is exceptionally overpowered.

I'm considering something similar though: a Spiritualist; the psychic version of that. basically a Stand User if you've seen JJBA

towerhouse

Yeah, the summoned beast will be human looking (looks like conan).  So no extra arms, wings, etc.  I even don't want the claws, but not sure if it's OK to substitute it for something else.
-TH

On/Offs

who149

That's actually a really good idea Towerhouse! It has the potential for some interest and lots of awkward moments haha!  And aww. Okay Blinkin. I'll message you if something happens!

And this game is mostly for fun!

Ons and offs!

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

corvusul86

I was thinking a Silksworn Occultist -- her magic comes from wearing fancy clothing.

Snake

PhantomPistoleer

Bertholt Hashimoto
Human Samurai of the Order of the Warrior
Character Sheet

Brief History:  The Unvanquished Blade of the East hails from the misty isles of Goto, where the Unseen Daymio presides o'er her vast hegemony with absolute contempt for injustice and tyranny.  As her grace's noble vassal, Hashimoto expresses her will with exacting uniformity beyond her borders, eschewing the flesh of other creatures, tithing to the many gods, and rooting out the evils that threaten the unclean inhabitants of this cast-off continent.

Hashimoto is unlike most Gotoans because his father, General Vaan Bertholt, is of Western descent.  The elder Bertholt traveled to Goto seeking adventure but soon entered the Unseen Daimyo's service as a professional soldier prior to Hashimoto's birth.  He married Akane, handmaiden to the Unseen Daimyo, and the pair had three healthy children.  Hashimoto is the oldest child.  Akane died during the Time of Troubles when the Immortal Unadorned Army lay siege to the Central Palace during an unsuccessful coup d'etat.  Hashimoto's racial impurity and unique upbringing was a recipe for a difficult early adulthood in the relatively xenophobic Goto because it required the young samurai to answer many challenges against his honor.

At age eleven, Hashimoto entered the Unseen Daimyo's service as a regiment drummer.  When he was strong enough to carry heavy armor at age thirteen, Hashimoto served as his father's squire.  Under the general's tutelage, he learned to wield the katana blade ably and nobly.  He was anointed as a samurai at age eighteen, but his officer's commission in the Unseen Daimyo's army was rejected due to race-tinged military politics.  Fearing that he would not have a future in the Gotoan army, Hashimoto decided to travel abroad to gain military experience as an adventurer, mercenary, and bodyguard.

Personality:  Hashimoto strives to follow the path of the Unseen Daymio.  To a fault, he is kind to strangers, loyal to friends, giving to orphans and widows, merciful to his enemies, and observant of the mores of foreign cultures.  He lives by a complicated code of honor, which most notably precludes him from enjoying advantages on the battlefield against flat-footed foes.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Laughing Hyena

I love me some power perversion fetishes so Im going with a mage.

who149

OKay! It looks like so far our party will consist of!

PhantomPistoleer as a samurai

Corvusul86 as as possibly a Silkworn Occult.

Snake as some kind of Spirtualist.

Towerhouse as a Summoner.

Laughing Hyena as some kind of mage.

Kathyan and Petrus haven't said much, though, I have spots open for them if they wanna join in. However, I'm drawing the line for any newcomers coming in. No more new people that haven't already posted.

So!

Name:
Background:

Personality:

Ons (What you'd like to see on the island):

Offs:

Also, do you all want to have been in the same adventuring party? Or just all happen to go to the same island?

Ons and offs!

Kathyan

I have an idea of a dominant samsaran cleric who was a submissive inquisitor in her previous life, thus the memories of her past life often came back to her.
As an option and since we have a samurai already I was also thinking a lotus geisha bard