News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Age of Adventure Redux ...on Roll20.Net?

Started by Inerrant Lust, September 02, 2013, 12:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

I've got the only female character so far. Going Invoker rather than Sorcerer so I can do crowd control.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Laughing Hyena

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Laughing Hyena

Depends on the drow. He's suspicious of a single one on the surface naturally. Its the ones that move during the night or in packs he would more eagerly stab.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Flying Tengu on September 13, 2013, 01:47:20 AM
I can totally play a leader!  I've got an idea that would be a good fit for a bard or a warlord.  It works better as a female character.  I'm trying to come up with a male concept for a leader as well; some success.  How are we doing as far as the requisite two female characters (or is that specifically players)?

Anyway, another two things; I also have a pretty good knowledge of 4e, having run it for a significant length of time.  I can totally help with the creation of characters,  or the asking of questions, or whatever.

Secondly, I'm going to be terribly busy the next few days, and won't have much time to work on a character.  I'll keep an eye on the thread, though, and keep those thoughts going!

There are two males I think and one female character. I don't know for sure. But I can confirm there is one male PC and one female PC. I have my Defender Fighter. A Spear and Shield Fighter meant to specialize in pushing and shifting the enemy into bad spots.

Shjade

Transferred it from notepad to a sheet.

What I've got so far. Still think I'm missing stuff/have stuff done wrong, but it's looking sorta close to complete comparing with Hyena's.

The attack/damage "workspace" part still baffles me.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Laughing Hyena

Nice. Looks fairly decent. Seems like she is a bonified damage dealer. She'll work real well with Leander I think in terms of fighting.

Shjade

Hm. So in triple-checking things I realize that Terror isn't an enchantment eligible for Light Blade weapons. And while I was looking for a replacement enchantment it occurred to me that, other than for style points, I'm not sure why I'm looking for her to dual-wield. It doesn't seem like you can attack with more than one weapon at a time (until later on with feats or something, maybe?), so it's just kinda...there. Maybe I should just replace it with a simple parrying dagger... *ponder*
◕/◕'s

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Shjade on September 13, 2013, 04:55:09 PM
Hm. So in triple-checking things I realize that Terror isn't an enchantment eligible for Light Blade weapons. And while I was looking for a replacement enchantment it occurred to me that, other than for style points, I'm not sure why I'm looking for her to dual-wield. It doesn't seem like you can attack with more than one weapon at a time (until later on with feats or something, maybe?), so it's just kinda...there. Maybe I should just replace it with a simple parrying dagger... *ponder*

Well maybe I can look in the other books and find something suitable for a dual wielding rogue?

Regardless I really am gonna like yer character just from the sheer teamwork aspect these two could have.

Basically the default strategy for Leander's defense of the part involves a bit of synergy. First thing he does is mark the opponent. If they attack someone other then him then he gets the interrupt and triggers the Shield Push feat which triggers Battering Shield. Allowing me to push an enemy 2 squares away. This triggers the Polearm Momentum feat knocking them prone.

Which obviously is really nice for your Rogue character's sneak attacks.

PS - Heres a good place to find pictures for characters. http://www.drakonis.org/

ShadowFox89

Hybrid Rogue/Ranger maybe? You need PHB3, but you can get TWF and be a rogue like that.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Laughing Hyena

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Shjade on September 13, 2013, 04:55:09 PM

Shjade you probably have the right idea if you stick to being a pure rogue. You have the final call but your idea looks good to me. ^_^

Muse

May I join?  I'd love to play an Eladrin girl wizard.  Will she totally not fit the fluff?  Or just need some finagling to get in? 

Also, did I understand that you took awaay the three magic items but gave us 2,000 some odd extra gold?  Is that a comprable value? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Inerrant Lust

Fluff's not too important at the moment. :P

Yes, it's otherwise the amount of money you'd have spent if you saved up to buy those things.

Shjade

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 13, 2013, 05:19:00 PM
Hybrid Rogue/Ranger maybe? You need PHB3, but you can get TWF and be a rogue like that.

Oh, I was planning on picking up Two Weapon Defense and Two Weapon Fighting at 6 and 8 respectively, but I'm just not sure if it's worthwhile compared to just going with one weapon and focusing on that.

Alright, Katar swapped out for Parrying Dagger with Parrying Weapon enchant on it. It's a Parrying Parrying Dagger so I can parry while I parry. >.>;

Still not sure what goes in the "critical" slot on weapon info, though.
◕/◕'s

ShadowFox89

The weapon enhancement should tell you what bonus you get on a crit.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Shjade

Ah, so weapons don't naturally have any kind of crit value? It's only based on enhancements? Okay.
◕/◕'s

ShadowFox89

When you crit with a weapon, you do max damage dice for the attacking power.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Shjade

Ah, so crit's determined at the hitting stage, and then it auto-maxes the damage roll, but enhancements add more on top of that. Is that right? Okay.

After filling in that bit and fiddling with scores a little (figured out a more efficient point buy order to get up another mod tier in dex), I think that sheet's done.
◕/◕'s

ShadowFox89

Kyru stands at around 5'5 with bright blue-green eyes and flowing straight sky blue hair that just touches her waist. In her hand is a tall ashen staff, topped by a round ruby. Kyru wears dark blue ornate robes that cover her slight chest and reach down to her feet. Dark red tattoos weave across her body in spirals and swirls, though it's hard to tell just how much they cover.

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12786

Here's my telepathic eladrin.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Inerrant Lust

Well, we have about the amount of players needed to test this at a minimum. I've got three sheets open right now, and Muse might give us a fourth.

Still no preference with the particular quest? I've got Hyena down for 1. :P

ShadowFox89

2 sounds like it has plenty of chances for some fun.....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Shjade

Hm. From a practical standpoint, #1 sounds like it has the most concrete goal to accomplish, which probably means a more compact/linear story with a distinct end point. Sounds like the better option for a "test" run.

Could always go from there into #2 if things are really rolling well with the group after the first quest?

Unrelated: in attempting to recreate Sara in Dark Souls, I have been reminded how much I dislike using a rapier in Dark Souls. -.-
◕/◕'s

Laughing Hyena

Okay come on. Muse and Tengu! Get a move on! ^_^

I have snakes to kill and yuan-ti to screw!

ShadowFox89

And cute, innocent eladrin to not get into the pants of. >.>

Though she doesn't wear pants.
Call me Shadow
My A/A