Bug Hunt! (A Survival Horror Comedy Game Guaranteed to Make You Squirm!)

Started by Starlequin, December 20, 2011, 12:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

(Here's my char. If I need to change anything let me know. Not sure if the weapons are ok, but I figured they'd work as the 'future' isn't 'too' far ahead)

Name: Kate Shin
Sex: Female
Orientation: Heterosexual

Appearance: 

Personality: Bitch. Bitch with a gun. Crass and bold. She'll tell you how it is and not care who she offends. She'll drink and cuss right along with the boys, but never mistake it, she's 100% woman. Maybe, just maybe she'll meet a guy willing to get past the wall she's built around her to survive, and find the true woman beneath.

Bio: She had been the only daughter in a family with 4 brothers. Modest upbringing, mom and dad owning a little asian restaurant, expecting their children to help with the business. Kate and her brothers however liked much more to hang out on the streets, with friends, and in the small gang they were involved with, pretending to be the likes of the Yakuza. Oh they thought they were soooo tough...then the bugs came. Then the pretend became reality. Her parents died first, then one by one her brothers. During that time Kate became harder, tougher, and by the time she was all alone she was battle hardened and ready to join the Nestbreakers, as long as she got to kill bugs.

Weapons/Equipment: Twin Browning Hi-Power pistols that go in a double shoulder holster, and a Firestar 9mm she keeps at the base of her spine. Old school weapons for sure, but she prefers them.

Likes:Men, gambling, cigars, vodka, shooting practice, eliminating Bugs.
Dislikes: Feelings, whiners, those that won't take care of themselves.
Limits: See players on/off's

Andalon

Name: Odessa Dysawey
Sex: female
Orientation: undecided

Appearance:
Armoured
Civil
Personality: Harsh, blunt and cocky. That would be the best to describe Odessa. Although she tends to be kinda shy towards strangers.
Bio: Odessa grew up as a street girl. She saw much shit in her childhood, and even more when she got older. Odessa learned how to survive early. She stole food, picked pockets, and so on. Her life was hard already, but with the bugs appearing, it grew even harder. If it wasn't for her basic instincts, she would never had a chance to survive. She salvaged everything she could lay her hands on, be it ammo, weapons or even some simple stuff like books and perfume. Over time, she became a Strider. One of the few that roamed the deserted cities, always looking out for valuable goods to trade. While most of those who went out to scavange never returned, the Striders were a different kind of breed. Every one of them had some decent gear, body armour, weapons, equipment. Each Strider was a formidable fighter, both in melee and ranged, having learned thier lessons by a trial of fire. But what made them so unique was their ability to survive. And this very special ability was a valuable thing, even to those who thought they lived in a safe place...

Odessa is one of the Striders. Careing more about survival than anything else, she is still a virgin, who never had any sexual encounters before. Of course, some people she met did approach her on that, but she managed to keep them away from herself, either by leaving their place, or by the muzzle of her gun. She has her dreams and thoughts about a partner, but given her inexperience, she does not really know what she is looking for.

Weapons/Equipment: Combat Armour (as by the pic above)
Kensington Arms H/AR/45
Her main weapon. A slow firing, but deadly assault rifle, renown for its devestating punch.
OWC K14 Heavy Pistol
A reliable sidearm.
Blades
A girl's best friends should things get down and dirty

Dislikes: undecided
Limits: nothing involving mutiliation and/or killing, vore, scat

Starlequin

Bubby and Andalon, both your characters are accepted. Nice work! Now lets just hope they get along, haha!

Ok, that gives us enough to get started! I'm going to be out and about this evening, but when I get back I'll get the IC, OOC and Char/Bug list threads up. If anyone else is interested in joining, we will still be accepting CS submissions for at least the next few days, so get them in!
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

bubby

Andalon

Uhm, no fighting between the chars? Unless they both are naked and oiled up, that is, then it'll be perfectly fine  ::)

VillainousMuse

Hmmmm... *Headscratch* I suppose the only other character type available would be the quiet and ponderous type.

I'll have that up later tonight! :D

Laughing Hyena

Just remember to aim for the central nerve stem to take the bugs out for good.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Starlequin

VillainousMuse

And I am putting way more thought and detail in to this character than I planned... Gonna have to finish it up tomorrow or some such because I'm tired xD

Shiny

Y'know, this sounds like a 'bugload' of fun. (Oh yeah, I did  ;D )
Would there be room on the team for an ex-military support gunner, originating from Russia, now looking for a better life in Neo-Atlanta?
Got an ice-cold attitude and battlefield pearls of wisdom, delivered in thick accent, to boot.

I'd like the character to be female, but would be willing to change it, if needed. Same goes for the support gunnery, I could also see him/her as a driver.

If it's alright, I would deliver the CS in the evening (UTC+1), since I'm driving home in a few hours.
Nothing great, but for someone to share their thoughts.

bubby

Quote from: Andalon on December 21, 2011, 04:58:17 PM
Uhm, no fighting between the chars? Unless they both are naked and oiled up, that is, then it'll be perfectly fine  ::)

*Snickers*

Quote from: Shiny on December 22, 2011, 01:31:33 AM
Y'know, this sounds like a 'bugload' of fun. (Oh yeah, I did  ;D )
Would there be room on the team for an ex-military support gunner, originating from Russia, now looking for a better life in Neo-Atlanta?
Got an ice-cold attitude and battlefield pearls of wisdom, delivered in thick accent, to boot.

I'd like the character to be female, but would be willing to change it, if needed. Same goes for the support gunnery, I could also see him/her as a driver.

If it's alright, I would deliver the CS in the evening (UTC+1), since I'm driving home in a few hours.

Oh man...I...I MEAN WE..yeah that's it...need more man meat! I MEAN GUYS!..yeah... <.<

Andalon

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on December 21, 2011, 09:08:36 PM
Just remember to aim for the central nerve stem to take the bugs out for good.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Heh, I was thinking the same when I read this thread first ;)

By the way, some might have noticed the various undecided answers in my sheet. Those are for the character, as she had no sexual encounter yet ( yes, this happens ;) ), my personal OnOs are in my OnO thread

Starlequin

This game is off to a good start, but we are still recruiting! If anyone is interested, we have plenty of room for more players, so please feel free to fill out a CS and join us!

Shiny

Realized the ex-military stuff wouldn't work with the age sooo.. that's gone. Also, male. 'N' mental.

Name: Pjotr Tschebychev
Sex: Male
Orientation: Bisexual (thinks of himself as being heterosexual)

Appearance:

Personality: Pjotr is calm and easygoing in very nearly every situation. There might be fear in him somewhere, but it has yet to surface. He prefers simple, forward plans, preferably with a lot of metal flung in the direction of the enemy over ones with finesse. Generally, he doesn't talk much, especially not about himself, and when he says something it is usually brief and to the point, which is partially due to his loose grasp of the english language.

Bio: What do you get when your parents, along with some other individuals, decide that now, at the verge of Armageddon, it might be best to sell everything they have and entrench themselves in the vast of Siberia, determined to ward off the hordes of the Anti-christ with a veritable truckload of weapons and ammunition ?
Right, an effed up childhood.
'Course, after some time the leader of this society of 'chosen' ones realized that the hordes took there damn bloody time, but, instead of blowing the whole thing off and revealing his selfproclaimed saviour -status to be hogwash, he proclaimed the dirt they were standing on to be the last refuge of humanity and it to be their duty to withstand the devil's temptations of these postapocalyptic times. For they be sinners not raptured, but they will stem against the floods in.. bla bla bla. Read: Reject all conveniences and live like a savage, 'cept for the guns.

Enter, Pjotr. One of twelve children coming along on the mad ride. It would have been nice if,at least here, a line was drawn. Alas no. Heavily indoctrinated and taught how to assemble and disassemble, to maintain and rightly use a variety of arms, among other things deemed fitting for a stand-off between good and evil, his psyche was damaged enough to still show, now, about ten years after the commune fell apart. Then again, having an abnormal amount of confidence has its merits, say, when confronted with superior numbers of invertebrates.

While circumstances why it collapsed are not quite clear, Pjotr was one of the few who survived its probably gruesome end. He just showed up one day, being eighteen years of age at the time and looking rather scruffy, on the doorsteps of a forwarding agency in the outskirts of Magadan. The owner was so kind as to give him a home and a job as one of his drivers. For a few years, while Pjotr slowly adapted to this world that was rather alien to him, he got by.
Then the bugs appeared. The lessons forced into his head all but forgotten, he saw this as a sign that finally, he could fulfill his destiny. He used the money he had saved up to buy passage on a ship to California, and after a few months of straying around, wound up in Neo-Atlanta.
Because of his inclination toward keeping a cool head but his lack of leadership qualities, he acquired a position as a driver for NestBreakers. His task usually consists of hauling the most recently acquired mercenaries to their designated target, defending the vehicle against those pesky mutant bugs and, if the operation is a success, to bring most of the mercenaries back to HQ.

Weapons/Equipment:
Main weapon: Mk 48 Mod 1 Machine gun

Hey, it's no Pecheneg but NATO standard ammunition is easier to come by... hang on, the Geneva conventions do not apply to bugs, right? I'd like incendary rounds for that one, please ;D.

Melee: Aluminium baseball bat with spikes, filled with lead at the top for an extra dose of chitin-crushing power.

Armor: The one depicted on the image in the opening post of Starlequin.

Vehicle

Essentially that one but in the colors of the NestBreaker company and the logo on the bonnet. Also, a hatch and a pod for an MG on the roof.

Character Likes: Arms, simplicity, the occasional drink, smoking (yes, still around ;-) )
Character Dislikes: Insects, careful planning,
Limits: Scat, heavy violence in a sexual setting.

Starlequin

Oh thank the stars we have a driver!!! Er, I mean, oh, look, a driver. :D  He looks good, Shiny, welcome aboard! Feel free  to start posting in the IC and OOC threads whenever youre ready.

P.S.: I'm  going to be thinking of religious communist jokes all bloody day, now... :P

Shiny

Excellent, thank you.
Quote from: Starlequin on December 24, 2011, 09:17:33 AM
P.S.: I'm  going to be thinking of religious communist jokes all bloody day, now... :P

In Soviet Russia,....

[Edit]: No really, I shouldn't.

bubby

*Swats at Star!*

I woulda been a driver!!! But the car I would have chosen would have been to 'old' for the game.... >.>  Ah well...maybe Kate can wrassle Pjotr for driving duties...  >:)

Shiny

Nyet!
Pjotr most positively... wouldn't like that... at all, I'm sure of it... My certainty is as solid as rock...yup.  O:)

That brings me to another question, though... *steps into the OOC thread*