Evil Heroes D&D 5e Interest Check[Closed]

Started by Togashi, April 26, 2016, 05:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Togashi

Looking to see who would be interested in playing characters of an evil Alignment. Clerics would be allowed to take the Death domain if they chose to, and so on amongst the other characters. I want to do an evil game because there are so many good heroes going around doing what they can to make life easier. But I had the most fun, ever playing, when our party were evil characters.

All classes are open, if it's not in a published book, you can bring it up and I will consider(i.e. the GMs guild, or other community created content), if it's in beta/testing same thing.

This can be as sexualized as anyone wants it to be, after all you're evil. You can take virgins and sacrifice them to your gods, or enjoy the spoils of slaughtering the village militia, and so on.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AndyZ

Good to see you running another game, Togashi ^_^ I'll have to come up with an idea but I'm interested.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

caelcormac

I would like to throw my hat in as well.

Zaer Darkwail

I am always ready to play villains  >:)

Chulanowa

What sort of "evil" are we talking here? 'Cause there can be a pretty broad spectrum there.

Togashi

Any kind you want to be. Lawful, Neutral, or Chaotic. Just as long as it's evil. Essentially it's the GM giving the players free reign to do whatever they want .

Oh the town needs us to kill some bandits? Okay but we want money, and if you can't pay we're taking your children.

Oh is the monster in the near by castle tormenting you with taxes to avoid being overrun? We'll destroy him, and set up base in his place.

Are the bandits you're frightened of coming in a few days? We'll do something about it. What they don't know is the bandits work for you.

Laughing Hyena

What's stopping the other players from stabbing each other in the back? I always find this to be a fatal flaw for many an evil party.

Togashi

Probably the others turning on the one that tries.

Chulanowa

Evil characters can have goals in common.

I was just checking 'cause for this kind ofthing, I'd be more interested in that sort of stuff you describe, that mercenary outlook, rather than the "I make a cape out of the faces of al lthe orphans i killed, then summon an elder god to fuck the world to death mwahahahaha" kind of stuff  ;D

So if we're looking at more low-key, personal sort of stuff - more Sandor Clegane than Sauron - i'm in

RubySlippers

Evil can get along just not as well as other alignments. And there is nothing wrong with Elder Gods not all are horrid ever read the short story Dagon from the legendary Lovecraft his followers were pretty nice for evil cultists.

pcnovaes

I'm interested if I can make a two phrase back story.

TheHangedOne

I'd be playing Lawful Evil; probably a monk.
Check out my poet tree!

AndyZ

I'll probably go for a chaotic evil Red Dragon Sorceress.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

TheHangedOne

Wait, red dragon? I saw all classes were open, but didn't see anything about races. What are the restrictions there?
Check out my poet tree!

Zaer Darkwail

I think AndyZ meant a dragon magic sorceress (with red dragon ancestry). Or red dragon themed dragonborn sorceress :P

AndyZ

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Togashi

Well all standard races are fine too. It falls under the same restrictions, if it's fan/gm created content, or not officially published I will look them over and consider them.

Togashi

Alright there's enough interest to do this. So I'll go ahead and start sorting through a few more things. But for now Characters will start at level 5. You've adventured for a while, and have seen many things. Everyone gets 2 uncommon magical items, and 500 gold. This is on top of starting gear lists you get from the class lists.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Togashi on April 28, 2016, 06:23:46 PM
Well all standard races are fine too. It falls under the same restrictions, if it's fan/gm created content, or not officially published I will look them over and consider them.

You okay with Unearthed Arcana stuff?

Togashi

You can present it to me and I'll consider it.

Zaer Darkwail

Okay, here comes my char (taking bit inspiration from jon Irenicus from Baldur's Gate). I presume we use the customizing ability points option in char gen to get stats (or the standard array of 15, 14, 13, 12, 10 and 8).

Zarius Darkleaf
Race: Eladrin
Class: 5 Warlock (feypact)
Background
Zarius Darkleaf hails from feywild eladrin courts, he is from esteemed long and ancient noble family amongst eladrins. However he has been exiled (or more precisely; escaped his homeland justice system and reason why he never takes off his magical medallion which wards against divinations and scrying magic). But to understand reason why he did crime is to understand eladrin court traditions.

Firstly to be recognized even as heir you must show talent in magic amongst eladrin nobles as magic is both birthright and also mark of a noble. Sadly though despite brilliant mind and charisma, Zarius was nowhere gifted in magic nor gifted in social graces of the court like his peers were. So this reason his parents were embarassed in bringing him to the court after he reached young adult age and it led to subtle but cold discrimination to Zarius who was furthermore bullied and teased by other nobleborn kids for his lack of magic. Using magic against him.

This had influence early age for Zarius become cold and spiteful, envious, for his peers. Desperate for answers, solution, anything, he poured tomes in his family library. He found mention of that feys, the close neighbhors and allies of eladrin, can through agreement, whimsical sort, grant powerful magical powers and boons for select few.....few who were called warlocks. Eager for to get magical power he located one groves where sprites are rumored to be living in, so he headed out alone into the feywild wilderness and only thanks detailed map and his keen skills on navigation he did not get lost. He approached the sprite community, a small village and he told his reason why he sought them out. A pair of beautiful sprite twins ruled this small village and they both touched him and checked for his heart.....and then they told simply 'no' for him before he was shot with sleep inducing arrows.

Once Zarius woke, the village was gone as so was sprites....but the burning rage, wrath and dark emotions welled in him to yell out his frustration and anger to the woods and then somebody heard it. He wandered, got lost and soon evening turned to night and dark shadows followed Zarius....guided him to meet with a darkly beautiful fey in shadowy forest. She sensually whispered she can offer Zarius magic, but everything has a price and what Zarius would give in return? Zarius just smirked and said; "My innocence." Zarius at heart was not innocent but he had never slept with woman and so he offered the only innocence what he had left. This bemused the darkly beautiful fey who then embraced him in the shadowy darkness of the forest....even to this day Zarius does not remember what happened during that night, but he knew he had woke up naked and also sort intuitive sense where he could find the sprite village.....charged with extra magical power he attacked the sprites, using dark magic to enslave and chain the twin sprite princesses which had once spurned him and then enlarge them and force hours, even days, lasting pure carnal depravity upon them and using vial filled with black liquid which was called tears of darkness he turned the sprites hatred to him into pure carnal lust on him, their own hatred turning against them.

Now, with twin sprites as his familiars and charged with own magical powers he returned back to Darkleaf family and after demonstrating his powers his family welcomed him as a heir and recognized finally as true noble of the house. He was send to the courts and thanks with his dark gifts he became rapidly charming beyond expectations of people and creating rapidly new friends around him. He drew attention of Vaeless Dawnflower, a heiress of one royal families (high nobility). Vaeless fell for his flattery and charming words and thus they were engaged. However his family protested on the union because they thought a another noble heiress for Zarius and which is better match (for family anyways). Zarius darkly poisoned his own father and then as mother mourned father's sudden passage he murdered his own mother and made it look like a suicide. So far it just increased Zarius allure as noble of tragedy for now leading Darkleaf family alone and needing definately get married and birth a heir to continue the lineage.

However, all his plans fell as a ranger, Solaska Goldtree, came in and accused Zarius for mass murdering sprite community and also exposing his involvement in killing his own parents! Zarius had been careful but not careful enough, more so as he was forced wield a rod of truth, a powerful artifact in royal courts which painted the truths from lies upon flesh of the accused, painfully burn them in there in elvish. When he denied from killing the sprites, fey slayer was drawn to his flesh, when he denied killing parents, kinslayer was drawn to his flesh. for his crimes he was condemned to death, waiting for execution. However the guards who were assigned guard him were not prepared for Zarius twin familiars, the twin sprites, come and seduce and kill them and free their master free who then escaped after donning his amulet and taking his pact rod with him and leave from feywild lands.

Now, as runaway noble away from home his crimes are not known (yet) at other lands and so he tries enjoy his noble privilegdes long as he can so long his crimes are not known. He yearns, burns, for accomplish what he plotted; marrying Vaeless Dawnflower, become crowned prince consort and become ruler of eladrins! So he seeks more power, grow in power enough to challenge and conquer his own homeland and claim his bride what was meant to him! But for now.....he tolerates presence of his associates what he has got involved with so far. They are useful to have around for now.