Extinction: A Different Kind Of Zombie Apocalypse

Started by AlphaWolfQuin, August 14, 2015, 08:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlphaWolfQuin

EXTINCTION

It's the year 2055 and the world has fallen into complete and utter chaos. Why? Because Lucifer has released a plague on the earth causing the dead to rise from the grave and start ripping through the human race. Zombies have populated most of the earth and survivors are rare to find now a days. Those who indulge too much in any of the seven deadly sins are at most risk for danger. Lucifer grows stronger with every sin committed, making the fight against his army of the undead even harder , something the human race is unaware of until Hades sends forth an army of his own to fight against Lucifer but not because he wants control over the mortal realm. Hades counteracts Lucifer's attack because he wants full control over the underworld and to make Lucifer suffer under his rule for the rest of eternity.

With Hades blessing, a small army of Hellhounds, Fallen Angels, Demons and Hybrids created within the depths of the underworld have surfaced into the mortal realm in different locations around the world, seeking out any mortal survivors they can find. Upon surfacing they find that the world is not home to only mortals but immortals as well who have slowly started to emerge from the shadows and fight for their own survival as well. Werewolf packs, witch covens, and other hidden supernatural organizations have put any differences they have aside and come together in hopes to win this battle against the undead and the devil himself.

RULES:

1) ALL site rules and regulations MUST be followed.

2) NO Godmodding. Do not force anyone's character to do something they don't want to. If you're unsure of something PLEASE PM whoever you're working with at the time and ask. Be respectful of people's O/O's.

3) Please be able to post at LEAST 2 or 3 paragraphs per post. NO One Liners! Give each other something to work with. A sentence is NOT a post and I won't tolerate it. Sorry if that makes me sound like an asshole but I just can't take you as a serious role player if I give you a good three paragraphs and you respond to me with two sentences and I will not write with you.

4)Be respectful to other players. I won't tolerate bullying of any kind, playful banter is different but DO NOT say something to purposefully hurt anyone's feelings. I see this happen the person who does it will no longer be in my group bottom line. I do not tolerate disrespect of any kind.

5)Please let everyone in the group know if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time. Characters who are not active for over 30 days without any notice, will be marked as inactive and the areas they have scenes in will move along without them. They WILL NOT be killed off but as I do want things to keep moving I would have to have the other characters who are active keep going without them.

6)Headers MUST be used in ALL posts and character faceclaims MUST be real people. Alternate forms don't have to be real pictures because if you're playing a Hellhound obviously you're not going to find a real picture of one and if you do please send it my way so I can save it and keep it because that's awesome.

How the Seven Deadly Sins Rule Works
Lucifer gains power by people committing the seven deadly sins but that does NOT mean that I want characters to be complete saints and never commit them because that would just be ridiculous and no fun at all. The way this works is, if someone occasionally gives into the sins every now and then it's like a misdemeanor, a slap on the wrist so to speak but someone who is angry an violent constantly everyday that passes by without having some kind of control would be giving into wrath at a 'felony' type level in Lucifer's eyes and be at a higher risk of taking a hard or potentially fatal blow from Lucifer. Whether it be their death or the death of someone close to them, to losing a limb or being weakened in some way that it makes it harder for them to fight and survive.

The Sins
Lust:, is an intense and uncontrolled desire. It is usually thought of as uncontrolled sexual wants, however the word was originally a general term for desire. Therefore, lust could include the uncontrolled desire for money, food, fame, or power.

Gluttony: is the overindulgence and overconsumption of anything to the point of waste. The word derives from the Latin gluttire, meaning to gulp down or swallow,

In Christianity, it is considered a sin if the excessive desire for food causes it to be withheld from the needy.

Because of these scripts, gluttony can be interpreted as selfishness; essentially placing concern with one's own interests above the well-being or interests of others.

Greed:is, like lust and gluttony, a sin of excess. However, greed (as seen by the Church) is applied to a very excessive or rapacious desire and pursuit of material possessions.

Sloth: can entail different vices. While sloth is sometimes defined as physical laziness, spiritual laziness is emphasized. Failing to develop spiritually will lead to becoming guilty of sloth. In the Christian faith, sloth rejects grace and God.

Sloth has also been defined as a failure to do things that one should do. By this definition, evil exists when good men fail to act.

Wrath: also known as "rage", may be described as inordinate and uncontrolled feelings of hatred and anger. Wrath, in its purest form, presents with self-destructiveness, violence, and hate that may provoke feuds that can go on for centuries. Wrath may persist long after the person who did another a grievous wrong is dead. Feelings of anger can manifest in different ways, including impatience, revenge, and self-destructive behavior, such as drug abuse or suicide.

Envy:like greed and lust, is characterized by an insatiable desire. Envy is similar to jealousy in that they both feel discontent towards someone's traits, status, abilities, or rewards. The difference is the envious also desire the entity and covet it.

Pride:is considered, on almost every list, the original and most serious of the seven deadly sins: the source of the others. It is identified as believing that one is essentially better than others, failing to acknowledge the accomplishments of others, and excessive admiration of the personal self.

Remember, committing the sins in moderation is okay, constantly and consistently committing them is dangerous and deadly.

Species Types and How They're Affected by The Zombies
More Species may be added as characters are made and we can work out details for specific species as they come into play. The only creatures I won't allow to be playable characters are, Gods, Devils, Goddesses, or Demigods. Reason being as I don't want any characters that are completely untouchable, everyone must have some sort of weakness.

Vampires: Being as technically they do fit into the category of undead and they have no heartbeat zombies cannot detect them. Meaning a vampire can roam among the zombies as if walking around the living. They can however be killed by another living creature and are NOT immune to sunlight unless over 1,000 years old or if they have a dark gift that gives them immunity. If a vampire happens to get bitten by a zombie, the bite may or may not heal quick enough for them not to become one depending on age and strength of healing abilities. A list of dark gifts can be found
Here

Ability-Description
Ability replication- Replicate one ability at a time through physical contact or proximity
Adaptive Muscle Memory- Replicate any physical action after seeing it performed
Age shifting- Change one's own age at will
Animal Control- Control and communicate with animals
Animal Empathy- Ability to feel the emotions of the animal kingdom
Animate Drawings- At the cost of great energy, makes one's own drawings come alive
Appearance alteration- Change skin, hair and vocal cords to imitate another person
Astral Projection- An "astral body" separate from the physical body and capable of traveling
outside it.
Aura Reading- Reads emotions or personality in an outer luminous layer
Bliss and Horror- Brings about feelings of bliss and horror in others
Calming Aura- Project an aura that calms people, make them at ease
Clairsentience- Perceive the history of an object by seeing it
Clairvoyance- See distant people and things
Compulsion- Ability to instill compulsion into other
Danger Sensing- Ability to sense danger
Death Sight- Ability to see when and how a person will die
Dream manipulation- Enter dreams of others and manipulate them
Electric Manipulation- Create and direct electrical arcs
Elemental Manipulation- Create and control the four elements, using minds and hands
Emotional Amplification- Amplify an someone is feeling
Emotional Sustenance- Can feed off of strong emotions
Empathic Manipulation- Controls emotions of others
Empathy- Feel emotions and physical states of other
Enhanced Memory- Absorb and accurately retain great amount of information
Enhanced Speed/Reflexes- four to five times greater than the average vampire
Fire Manipulation- Create, manipulate and control fire
Flight- Ability to fly
Freezing- Freezes objects by force of will
Gaea's Kiss- Provokes growth of anything vegetal
Ghost Walk- Ability to become incorporeal, like a ghost
Healing- Heals the human body
Heat Generation- Heat things
Illusion- Ability to create frighteningly real illusions
Impenetrable skin- Skin not to be penetrated by anything
Intuitive aptitude- Ability to analyze complex systems and intuitively understand how they
work without training
Lie detection- Detect when other lie
Marking- Can enforce their will upon the person being marked.
Memory Manipulation- Change, erase or create memories in someone else's mind
Mind Bending- ability to implant things in mind of other people
Oath Binding- Binds the one who speaks the promise or the oath to it so that it is
unbreakable.
Obsession- Fill someone with lust for an object or condition.
Omnilingualism   - Automatically understand all verbal communication
Persuasion- Force others to obey one's spoken commands
Phasing- Passes through solid objects at will
Precognition- Accurately predicts the future
Psychometry- ability to discover facts about an event or person by touching inanimate
objects associated with them.
Reading Relationships- Ability to read current and future relationships between two people
Shadow Manipulation- Manipulates shadow, makes them physical.
Sound Manipulation- ability to create and manipulate sound and sound waves.
Sun Resistance- Does not burn into the sun
Telekinesis- Ability to move objects with the mind
Telepathy- Ability to receive and transfer thoughts, images and sensations to
someone else's brain
Technopathy- The ability to control and manipulate electronics with ones mind. The
electronics must be within touching range, though any systems connected
to the electronics in question are subject to the ability as well.
Wall of Will- Immune to mental powers of other vampires
I got this list from the group A World of Covens, Courts, and Packs GMed by Vampyre Valkyrie and CurvyKitten

Werewolves:Are immune to being turned due to rapid healing abilities but are not immune to being ripped apart by a herd. Zombies can detect them as if they were humans or animals and possibly more so than they could a mortal due to their animal and human scents. The only form a zombie can not pierce through with their bite is the beast form of the wolf. The four wolf forms are explained in detail
Here
-Wolves have four forms:

Human:
Keen sense of hearing and smell. Can detect other werewolves with ease via scent.
Advanced strength and speed. Also rapid healing abilities.
Basic appearance is the same before and after the change. Younger wolves may experience the ripping of clothes when shifting from human to wolf while older wolves can shift without destroying their clothing.
Eyes have a slight glow to them which is brighter in the dark and less noticeable in the light. There is no real way to get rid of it but some wolves wear sunglasses during the daytime hours to cover it up to keep it hidden if necessary.
Human form is the weakest form although senses are heightened as well as speed and strength. Wolves in human form are NOT as strong as wolves who have shifted into another form.

Hybrid:
Average 6.5 to 8 feet in height but often have a hunch or slouch that varies from slight to dramatic.
Large percentage of muscle mass compared to human counter parts; weighs more then a similarly sized human would.
Should have a tail, unless otherwise removed.
Humanoid in shape, save for digit grade legs.
Facial structure is always that of a wolf, with a defined muzzle and no human-like features.
When controlled, have the full mental capacity of their human, but with a more feral edge. When out of control, are still highly intelligent, but run by a beast-like mind with  vastly different impulses and desires.
Have functional paw-hands with opposable thumbs. Good for gripping, bad for dexterous work. Hands can be more feral but not human-like at all.
Ear shapes vary from small wolf-like ears to taller bat-like ears, and everything in between, but are always upright unless structurally compromised.
May have some variation in hair length and covering; Manes are welcome and less hair along the chest, belly, muzzle, paws and hands are welcome.

Beast:
Follows the same guidelines in terms of general shape, colors ears, etc, as the basic werewolf form but on a massive scale.
9 to 13 feet in height on average when upright, but body is slouched and head height may be lower.
Slower but much stronger than the normal werewolf form, and often tires quickly. -The battle form-
The mind is very feral and as a result it is easier to lose control of this form. When let loose, is not only bestial in mind but is more inclined to blood lust and berserker rages.
More wolf-like then the basic werewolf form, but still Bipedal, though preferred movement is on all fours, may resort to knuckle walking.

Wolf:
Based off of the wolf half of the character.
Larger then a normal example of it's species but would still blend into a pack.
The quickest form but entirely feral and four legged.
Easy to maintain control of ,but often very feral in terms of mental capacity. May retain morals, memory and recognition, as well as general habits and personality.
Nothing resembling human anatomy.

Shifting:
People can either be turned by a scratch or a bite from a werewolf or born as one. If scratched or bitten the first shift occurs during the first full moon after being bitten/scratched. If born a werewolf the first shift does not occur until puberty.  In  the time before his first shift a young werewolf experiences a rush of hormones that make him aggressive and unstable.
The first change always occurs during the full moon.  The first shift is always painful and can be followed by uncontrollable blood lust, though the process gets easier with experience. A werewolf must spend the night of the full moon, as well as the night before and after in their wolf form.
Following the first change a werewolf may change at will-or not, as the change is also influenced by temperament and state of mind. If you are hurt to badly or lose your temper, it is entirely possible that the beast will take over. Experienced werewolves have much more control over these effects.
Changing only takes a matter of minutes and can vary from excruciating to euphoric, depending on who you ask. It generally hurts newer werewolves more then older and older werewolves often take less time to shift.

Strengths and Weaknesses:
Healing Factor- Werewolves possess the ability to regenerate- While you may not be able to regrow severed limbs, you may heal from minor and major wounds at a much faster rate, with the quickest healing being in your shifted form.
Enhanced strength, speed, and senses- A werewolf's senses are as strong as their animal counterpart's, and along with this they are capable of superhuman acts of strength and reaction speed as well as heightened sense of smell, sight, etc.
Wolfsbane- Wolfsbane is highly poisonous when ingested and can cause a painful skin reaction.
Silver- Silver is most dangerous to werewolf- if shot with a silver bullet, it will poison and even cripple them until removed. If not removed the werewolf will slowly die.  While a werewolf may be able to shrug off a normal bullet even to a lethal area, a silver bullet will kill them dead. Werewolves can not touch any form of silver without it burning their skin.

Extra Information:
Werewolves are territorial in any form. The scent of an unknown, werewolf or other shifter/creature picked up in a pack's 'claimed' territory will make the pack that lives within the territory become very aggressive and can result in a fight if the creature in their area comes off as dangerous. Due to heightened senses wolves can easily sense if someone is dangerous or if they mean no harm. A creature or human that shows respect and a certain loyalty will not be harmed and with time could gain a sort of protection from a pack depending on the Alpha's views/standards.

Witches:If bitten they WILL turn as they are only mortals with magic abilities. Although they live longer than the average human they are not immortal and aren't immune to injury or becoming a zombie.

Fallen Angels:If bitten they will turn and can be killed. Although they are immortal they aren't immune to injury or being killed. If a fallen angel is bitten and does turn they would be far more powerful than a regular zombie and they would still have wings to fly. If killed by another person, they would be sent to Lucifer and trapped in his realm until the war is over and Hades gains control over all of the dead and Lucifer at his mercy for the rest of eternity.

Hellhounds:If bitten a hellhound will heal but eventually turn. It could take up to a year for the bite to take affect and multiple bites means the turn will be quicker. After a zombie bites a hound it will weaken to an almost vegetative state due to the hounds blood being demonic. Once a hound that is bitten turns and is killed they are sent back to Hades to receive their punishment for failure to complete their mission.

Demons:Depending on the type of demon, they may be immune to the bite or the bite can turn them. If turned, they lose control of their abilities and in some cases lose their abilities altogether which is something highly preferred due to the fact if they don't not only will they try to rip people apart but the loss of control of their abilities is just something that will end in a slaughter or worse. It's rare that a demon won't heal but it's not completely impossible. Once turned and killed, they're sent back to Hades for failure to complete mission.

Humans:Humans are in no way immune to a bite and with turn if bitten. There is no cure or magic that can be used on a human that will spare them. A human that is bitten and dies, goes to Lucifer until the war is over and Hades takes full control of the underworld and the dead.

NOTE:You are not limited to just the species listed as I mentioned the ONLY character types I won't allow are Gods, Goddesses, Devils, and Demigods. If you have a species that isn't listed we can work out the details together and add the species to the list. This is just an interest thread to get this game going and I am definitely open to other species in the game and would actually like people to be creative with it.

If interested in this idea, feel free to post in this thread. Also if you have any ideas that could make this even better definitely throw them out there. Once I get enough interest. I'll create a character sheet and make an OOC and some IC threads and hopefully get this game in gear. I'm also looking for a Co-GM to possibly help me out with this so if you have experience with running groups and like this idea PM me and we can discuss things a bit :)

Character Sheet (All profiles must be submitted via PM for approval)

[float=left][img]Url of image[/img][/float]
[b]Character Name:[/b] Name of your character
[b]Player Name:[/b] Your Name on E
[b]Age:[/b]Character's Age
[b]Species:[/b]Character Species
[b]Abilities/Skills:[/b]List of character's abilities and skills
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b] Open to all preferences
[b]Relationship Status:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] Brief description of what your character looks like, list any scars, tattoos, piercings, etc. they have.
[b]Personality:[/b] Character Personality
[b]History:[/b]Where did your character come from? Who were they before the war? What did they do? Etc. It doesn't have to be a novel but please give at least a brief two paragraph minimum to explain your characters background.

All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash

Black Howling

AlphaWolfQuin

IrishWolf

Well this is different, I like it. Interested, although I may not be able to join until work slows down a bit

AlphaWolfQuin

That's alright, I'm hoping to possibly make this a big group game and if I get enough interest I'll have quite a bit of work to do to make this idea into an actual organized game ;D

Vampyre Valkyrie

“Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time."

|

AlphaWolfQuin

*tackles Valk* YAY! I think I may have enough players interested to get things started and I gots someone to help me run this now as well ;D *flails* GO TEAM HADES!  >:) lol

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: AlphaWolfQuin on August 15, 2015, 02:33:22 PM
*tackles Valk* YAY! I think I may have enough players interested to get things started and I gots someone to help me run this now as well ;D *flails* GO TEAM HADES!  >:) lol

*Is tackled* I'm Team Free Will :P Also....can you please get off me, you are squishing my pancreas.

|

AlphaWolfQuin

*rolls off of Valk* Sorry....I can get feisty....and FUCK YEAH FREE WILL! XD

Just be careful when you let your Sims have free will that's how babies are made XD

AlphaWolfQuin

Added the character sheet, feel free to start sending me profiles and I'll start looking them over ;D

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: AlphaWolfQuin on August 15, 2015, 03:24:41 PM
*rolls off of Valk* Sorry....I can get feisty....and FUCK YEAH FREE WILL! XD

Just be careful when you let your Sims have free will that's how babies are made XD

*Giggles and pats your head* Yes you can....and you really need to start watching Supernatural :P

But yes, it is also how Sim babies are made  O:)

|

AlphaWolfQuin

I definitely do need to watch it, hopefully really soon I plan on getting another PS3 and Netflix with a decent internet connection so I can watch it after finishing up season 3 of OiTNB ;D

Vampyre Valkyrie

Quote from: AlphaWolfQuin on August 15, 2015, 03:45:12 PM
I definitely do need to watch it, hopefully really soon I plan on getting another PS3 and Netflix with a decent internet connection so I can watch it after finishing up season 3 of OiTNB ;D

YAS!

|

AlphaWolfQuin

Vampyre Valkyrie

Once this move happens I'm soooooo gonna be all up on this! LOL

|

AlphaWolfQuin

Bumping this for the month. Still looking for players and a co-gm. If interested let me know :)

AlphaWolfQuin

Vampyre Valkyrie

|

Drake Valentine

Maybe, if the group ends up placed in 'Extreme' section.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

AlphaWolfQuin

Oh it would most definitely be put into the extreme section

AlphaWolfQuin

Bumping to see if there's still interest in this. If so I'm going to start accepting profiles. Then work on some IC threads.

Chreestafer

Seems interesting

Count me in as possible maybe, haha haha

It sounds a bit like the Jericho video game.
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List