The Fate of Kilo Platoon: Aliens Universe Survival; One Slot Left

Started by Urbanzorro, May 08, 2010, 01:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destiny Ascension

Name:  Jennifer 'Widow' Mitchell

Position in platoon/rank: Infantryman/Corpsman - Lance Corporal

Personal history:  Jennifer Mitchell was born on Earth, her father was a Marine infantry Sergeant and her mother an IT consultant for a legal firm. Her father, being away for the greater portion of her childhood, was one big mystery and the strained relationship between her mother and father affected her in secret. She lived in Earth for most of her years, up until her early teens when her mother was killed. Sent to live with her father, she found herself living on a Naval orbit station, with few other kids her age she found herself befriending Marines and sailors, instead of kids her age. Her father impressed her, even when she was young, but his parenting skills were not equivlant to his skills in the Colonial Marines. This environment allowed Jennifer to grow up quickly.

After high school, or the equivlant to high school on a predominantly military station, Jennifer joined the Marines despite the hard protests of her father. She displayed a strong, iron determination and doubled with excellent marksmanship scores. She was deployed with the 1/1 Sol Division Marines for the majority of her 7 year career thus far, receiving her only transfer a year ago to her current unit. She was also selected as a company senior Corpsman, despite no medical training, she was a top of class leader in combat medical care through basic training and advanced infantry warfare school.

The simple fact is she loves the Corps and what it has done for her, the least, she believes, she can do is make it proud. Her own career, coupled with her father's ongoing career, has strained their relationship to the point they never talk. He sends her cards and gifts on her birthday, but she's never known how to reply. A no nonsense, straight forward type of Marine, Jennifer prefers a straight up fight to quiet, guard duty stations, and this is reflected by her personal jacket. Littered with brief anti-piracy, counter-insurgent and counter-terrorism deployments, the longest of which spanned an almost 2 year conflict.

Jennifer is a hard, strong Marine and never flakes under pressure. She enjoys getting to know her comrades, but tends to avoid rookies like the plague. She's generally chummy, but unwilling to form deep relationships with most people, and though she has a sense of humor, its never present in tense situations. In combat, she's cool but relevant, always doing something or working. She possess a strong tactical mind, and has never been known to keep her tactical opinions to herself, especially around officers.

Stats Before Equipment:
Health: 11
Attack: 5
Ranged Attack:
Accuracy: 10
Agility: 5
Intelligence: 6
Defense: 3
Perception: 3
Stealth: 4
Luck: 3

Primary weapon: M41A1/2 Pulse Rifle w/ GL
Armor: M12 PAP Armor + Shoulder mounted lamp
Kit:
- XV-35 Motion Tracker
- MS3 Medical Kit
- M111 Combat Helmet(+Side mounted helmet camera)
- Lucky Round

Training:
-Medical Training

Stats After Equipment:
Health: 15
Ranged Attack: 5
Accuracy: 10
Intelligence: 8
Defense: 8
Perception: 8
Stealth: 3
Luck: 5
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

Urbanzorro

I'll check it and let you know if anything needs to be changed.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

Also, are the pictures working correctly? My computer seems to be disliking them.....

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

sinoraa

Looks just fine to me. Or do you just mean certain pictures?

Urbanzorro

No, it started working just fine again, was probably just my pc being silly.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Paladin

Urbanzorro

It has been brought to my attention that an aspect of the system may not be clear to everyone. So in an effort to clarify I'm writing this post :D for the actual players the game will proceed as if there weren't really a system they will not have to do any rolls, ect, ect. I'll handle all that behind scene all this will mean is that players will need to keep a close eye on the OOC thread as I update it with who's going to win/lose a fight. The actual fighting will be 100 percent freeform as long as the end result is the correct outcome. Just wanted to clarify that.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Miles Trent

Interest, I have, but possibly as a Predator if its allowed. Maybe a stat structure for Preds in the near future? Just throwing an idea into the ring.
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

Urbanzorro

At this point I'm mostly focused on getting the marine slots filled in. Due to the fact that without them the story I've set up wont really work.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Miles Trent

Image:

(( God bless Poncho. May his soul in the film rest in peace :) ))

Name: Norton 'Gizmo' Law

Position in platoon/rank: 1st Squad Member/PFC

Personal history: An almost new, good natured guy, having only spent a year with the squad since his posting to them at base. They call him 'Gizmo', or 'Giz' for short, a name that bullies used to call him ever since 5th grade and people still do just for kicks. Before his conscription, he was a tech junkie who put together computers and stare at screens all day, a somewhat respectable hacker of sorts. When the Corp pinched him hacking classified data, they gave him a choice to join the Corp or be shipped to a prison planet to rot forever. The 16 year old was given no other choice. Least they gave him laser eye surgery to improve his terrible eyesight and crunched him through a tough training regime to give him some pretty average muscles. They say that he was once a struggling soldier all those years back, barely passing and sometimes failing, mostly physical, but he came through with a vengeance after he displaying his incredible skill in handling anything electronic, literally 'anything'. Give him the gear, the materials and the time, and he could pull data from a completely destroyed console, as long as the hard drive was not fried. Bypass a door with a hacking computer in record time, as long as he was being covered by someone. Hack into a satelite and make it spy on the shower room, not that he did that mind you, as long as the security systems doesn't fry his modem. When this guy is around, 'as long as' becomes a favourite line but he more than makes up for it in technological know how. Something, anything, can always go wrong, according to his logic. A worrywart at times but has a taste for the darker parts of survival, willing to get down and dirty to get the job done, no matter the cost, without hesitation.

Being new to the squad, he hasn't gone around to proving himself much except working on things the grunts couldn't handle, like broken computers, electrical systems, the occasiaonal coffee machine, and things that require a bit of brainpower to function. His only problem was that sometimes he hated being outdone by the squad's synthetic, Senjo, as Giz is only human with a human brain. He respects and even has an odd fascination for the synthetic nonetheless. Senjo was a reminder to him that human computer wizards like himself were a dying breed. He's pretty good with his hands and his new improved eyesight has helped him on his job a lot more than any other. Fortunately to most, he keeps his tech junkie knowledge to himself. Learnt his lesson enough not to shoot off his mouth any time he wanted to and stayed out of the bigger, testosterone driven men's way. He also has a tendancy to look after the younger members of the squad, especially the youngest, PFC Yui, a sort of brotherly figure that he had ever since he was a kid. He has 2 younger brothers and 2 younger sisters at home, all of which he cares for with his marine hazard pay, and keeps pictures of them in his pack at all times.

Stats Before Equipment:

Health: 10
Attack: 3
Ranged Attack:
Accuracy: 6
Intelligence: 10
Stealth: 2

Primary Weapon: M33 Shotgun w/Full Auto
Secondary Weapon: M4A3 Pistol
Armor: M10 Pattern Ballistic Armor
Kit:
- XV35 Motion Tracker
- M111 Combat Helmet w/ Side Mounted Camera
- Shoulder Born Flashlight
- Demolition Charges

Stats After Equipment:

Health: 11
Attack: 8 w/shotgun, 4 w/pistol
Ranged Attack: -1 w/ shotgun, 0 w/pistol
Accuracy: 5 w/shotgun, 7 w/ pistol
Intelligence: 10
Defense: 6
Perception: 10 (Equipment coupled with very sharp eyesight)
Stealth: 1

This should be the complete version now.... I hope.
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

CmdrRenegade

Image:

Name: Michael "Sarge" O'Shay

Position/ Rank: Platoon SGT/Master SGT

Personal History:  A Corp lifer, he doesn't know or want to know much else.  He's seen enough war and death to help him stay cool under pressure.  He tolerates no weakness in his men or in himself, but those who meet that standard see he has their best interest at heart.  He gets the job done and tries to bring home as many of his people as he can. 

Stats Before Equipment

Agility: 4
Defense: 5
Perception: 5
Stealth: 4

Primary Weapon: M41A Pulse Rifle with Heavy Anti-Personnel Rounds
Armor: M12 Pattern Advanced Personnel Armor
Kit:
   -M111 Combat Helmet
   -Side Mounted Helmet Camera
   -XV35 Motion Tracker
   -Stogie
   -.357 Magnum
   -Advanced Communications Gear

Stats After Equipment

Attack: 7
Ranged Attack: 9
Intelligence: 6  (8 when major outcome being decided)
Defense: 9
Perception: 7
Stealth: 3
Luck: 8
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Urbanzorro

Glad to have you aboard :D Looks like our slots are filling up. I'll post up whats still avalable in a bit.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

The current player/slot list is as follows hope to fill it up soon, I'll consider starting once we get one or two more marines, Though we will need a platoon leader before we start.

Platoon Leader:
Platoon Sergeant: CmdrRenegade
1st Squad Smart Gunner:
1st Squad Flamethrower Man:
1st Squad Member: Miles Trent
1st Squad Member: Destiny Ascension
1st Squad Member
Platoon Synthetic

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Paladin

Just remember folks... The most dangerouse thing on the Battlefield is a first Lieutenant with a map and a compass. ... and I don't mean for the enemy.

CmdrRenegade

"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Paladin

Quote from: CmdrRenegade on May 14, 2010, 12:09:09 PM
I have to agree.  Nobody wants to be another Gorman.

HAHA I wasn't thinking about him but I am now. Good one. Although him and Vaquez did go out with style in  the end.

Urbanzorro

Lol, Gorman is definatly a good example of what NOT to do as a Platoon Leader.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Sanai

I am interested. Will post up a character thingo once I think my character through.
What have I become?
My Sweetest Friend..
Everyone I know..
Goes Away in the End.
You Could have it All...
My Empire of Dirt
I will Let you down...
I will make you Hurt.

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Michael Corvus

I am very interested but I am also very rusty at role playing. I would like to give it a shot though. I would like to fill the role of 1st Squad Smartgunner:

Photo:

Name: Roman "Rome" Beneke

Position/ Rank: Smartgunner / Lance Corporal

Personal History: 

“Rome” enlisted in the Corps at the age of 22 in an attempt to evade authorities after killing three men who had attacked him in an ally outside of the bar where had stopped to have a few drinks. He loved every second of basic and excelled in specialized training, scoring top marks in unarmed combat and heavy weapons training. He is a ruthless, fearless, efficient killing machine.

“Rome” is the model marine. He is calm and collected in combat and uses his wits (and his badass M56 smartgun) to survive. He follows orders without question or hesitation and he always gets the job done, regardless of the obstacles. It may not be the way he had anticipated nor in the manner he had been instructed, but he adapts and overcomes and gets the job done.

“Rome” is all business when he’s working, but he does have a sarcastic sense of humor and can come across as a smart ass at times, especially to those who aren't familiar with him. While he is fiercely loyal to his friends, there are few he calls "friend." His motto is "The mission before the man."

Stats Before Equipment

Health: 12
Attack: 6
Accuracy: 4
Defense: 5
Perception: 3
Stealth: 5

Primary Weapon: M56 Smartgun -5pts
Armor: M12 Pattern Advanced Personnel Armor -2pts
          M111 Combat Helmet -1pt
Kit:
   -Side Mounted Helmet Camera -1pt
   -XV35 Motion Tracker -1pt
   -E5 Targeting Lens -2pts
   -Continuous Cycling Barrel -1pt
   -Radioactive Ammo -3pts
   -Combat Knife -1pt
   -M4A3 Pistol -2pts
   -AP Rounds -1pt

Stats After Equipment

Health: 13
Attack: 7
Ranged Attack: (9 w/M56)  (1 w/M4A3)
Accuracy: 9
Intelligence: 6  (8 when major outcome being decided)
Defense: 9
Stealth: 2
Luck: 4
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

Sanai

Image:

Name: John Morden, aka Reaper

Position/Rank: Rifleman, Corporal, 1st Squad.

Personal History: John Morden, known by his squadmates as reaper, signed up to join the marines as soon as he turned 18. He quickly completed the training course, applying an incredible intensity and determination to all of the aspects of being a marine. In his psych evaluation, red flags were raised about his coldness and emotional numbness, but this was seen as an asset by the Marine Corps, so the concerns were dismissed. As a marine, Morden soon gained the callsign of "Reaper" for his cold and ruthless execution of the enemy, using accurate fire from his pulse rifle to calmly dispatch the enemy. When off duty, he is a somewhat suave character, but this does not cover up the relative deadness in his eyes.

Stats(Without Equipment):
Health: 5
Attack: 3
Ranged Attack: His squadmates say that once, when an alien spat acid at him, he spat back. But it wasn't acid, so he has no ranged attack without his rifle, except foul language.
Accuracy: 8
Agility: 6
Intelligence: 5
Perception: 6
Stealth:  5

Primary Weapon: M41A Pulse Rifle with A45 Auto Ammunition Selector, Hollow Point Rounds and Anti-Armour Ammunition.
Secondary Weapon: Combat Knife
Armour: M12 Pattern Advanced Personal Armour with M111 Combat Helmet
Equipment: Combat Stims

Stats After Equipment:
Health: 7
Ranged Attack: 4 (6 against normal opponents and bosses)(So isn't that 6 at all times?)
Accuracy:9
Agility: 7
Intelligence: 6 (7 When major outcome is decided)
Defense: 7
Perception: 7
Stealth: 5
What have I become?
My Sweetest Friend..
Everyone I know..
Goes Away in the End.
You Could have it All...
My Empire of Dirt
I will Let you down...
I will make you Hurt.

Paladin

Hey thats Corporal Hick's Picture!

Gee must be a family resemblance. ;)

CmdrRenegade

All we need now are a Flamethrower Man, a Synthetic, and a Platoon Leader. 

Paladin

Sorry, due to RL stuff happeing I can't play with the marines. :( Hope you all have fun.