[Science Fantasy] [Psychological] [Mecha] [LGBTQ Friendly] The Grigori Program

Started by Dotley, August 14, 2013, 01:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yukina

Dotley

Another update! I've added two plot characters/NPC profiles to the second post on the front page  :-)
O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."

Yukina

Nice characters. I can't wait to see how they're connected to.

cloudcraft

Hi all, I'm Cloud and I'll be Dot's co-admin for this game. :) Sorry for not introducing myself earlier, I only just joined the Elliquiy crowd. I'll be playing the following characters:

• Luke Collins, Tactical Commander - over-worked and over-stressed, experienced practitioner of tough love with his pilots
  • Alexander "Laustin" Andre, Director of R&D - socially distant supergenius engineer, inquisitive and obsessed with the demons
  • Tianran Jin, Grigori Ace Pilot - has-been media superstar, jaded and bitter beneath an aura of calm and control

Excited to play with you fine folks. <3 Feel free to ask any questions you'd like.

Dotley

Thanks for popping in, Cloud <3 She speaks the truth! Cloud has been helping me with a lot of the worldbuilding for the game. She'll be playing the characters she's listed, but she'll also be helping me control our super smart and super mystery computer Metatron too.
O&O's || A&A's

Dotley

Just thought I'd let everyone know I've done some updating and reformatting of the first page  :-)
O&O's || A&A's

Yukina

Florence

I am interested in this, I'll see if I can come up with a good enough :o
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Dotley

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on August 26, 2013, 12:55:54 AM
I am interested in this, I'll see if I can come up with a good enough :o

I'm sure you will! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with  :-) Feel free to post here or PM me if you have any questions.
O&O's || A&A's

Florence

So far I'm working on a Korean scientist lady, and I have an idea in mind for a pilot (either female as well, or possibly mtf transgender), possibly of Pashtun Afghan descent.

Since you said to submit only one, I'll probably submit the Korean scientist, since I have a more fully formed idea for her.

I think I have both of their names worked out; Chai Yeonhye (Chai would be her family name) for the scientist. I'm thinking Kinah for the pilot, though I'd need to research Afghan and Pashtun naming conventions and whatnot more before I can properly construct her full name.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Dotley

Both are lovely ideas and I appreciate you doing a little research into naming your characters. I'm excited to see your scientist! The R & D department are going to be tossed a lot of fun mysteries and problems to figure out.
O&O's || A&A's

Florence

Do you think you could tell me something about what the general tech level of this world is? Modern tech + giant mechs? Lasers and plasma cannons or still using bullets? What about prosthetics? Are they still more or less what we have in the modern day, or are they on par with human limbs now? Superior even? (Enhanced strength etc?)

That kinda stuff could help for Yeonhye (who's family name I've changed to Chae :o)

Also, I'm curious for Kinah, what's the current state of Afghanistan and what Union would it fall under? Asian?

Actually, knowing what state Korea is in could help for Yeonhye too. Have the Koreas ever unified in this timeline, or was there still a North and South right up until the monsters hit and they got consolidated into the Asian Union? If they did unify, was it through a war? And which side's policies are more closely followed now, since the North and South are pretty hugely different politically.

... I'm probably overthinking this xD

cloudcraft

I thought I would field this one, after talking it over with Dot. :)

The Unions are less like overarching governments and more like the current European Union. Each constituent country makes its own decisions for local government and policy, but each country either agreed or was compelled to enter the Union for demon defense purposes. For example, large amounts of both financial and natural resources are required to fight this war and the Unions allow for these resources to be taken and distributed to local ADAMS defense centers. Having the Unions also makes it so that Union troops can cross country boundaries to intercept demon attacks without needing additional clearance.

There are probably tons of localized policy arguments, particularly when a country's economy is suffering due to ADAMS taxation and resource usage, but our story doesn't really focus on that. You can feel free to add it to your character's background, but it won't be a part of the main plot. In that sense, go nuts with political speculation. :) We'll let you know if anything conflicts with the feel of the world.

As for technology, the level is certainly advanced but not to the level of high science fiction. There are probably lasers and plasma cannons, but the feel is overall more industrial. Prosthetics and the like do exist, even enhanced versions. But these prosthetics tend to be expensive, sometimes prohibitively so. For that reason, many enhanced prosthetics are mostly used by military.

In general, most of the technology is impressive by our standards, but it was made in a desperate, war-ravaged economy. It will have scifi functions but it may not look particularly pretty, have an acceptable success rate, or even be safe. Most weapons will get pushed through development out of necessity.

Florence

Hmmm... one question. I'm absolutely terrible with height and weight. Any references I could use as to what would be good for a Korean woman in her mid twenties, who's a little on the slender side?

... of course, I'm also writing her history with her winding up with a few prosthetics. (Nothing crazy powerful, they're replacements for limbs she's lost and are roughly equivalent to organic limbs in ability.) That would likely effect her weight to a degree... I assume if she was measured without them she'd be a little lighter than normal, but with them she'd probably be noticeably heavier.

cloudcraft

I'm pretty bad with height and weight as well, to be honest. I usually just ballpark it or google "height weight chart" for a reference, then convert it into metric. We're not really looking for specifics, so much as a general idea of what your character looks like. Feel free to differentiate between her body mass and her combined body + prosthetic weight.

I'm liking the sound of your character so far. :) I didn't comment in my last post, but I'm also enjoying your questions. Keep 'em coming if you've got 'em, they'll only help make a more fully developed world that we can all build together.

Florence

That was all I really needed for that character I think. I'm a bit tired but I sent the sheet in :o

If she's approved, I'll get to work on Kinah, and I'll probably have more questions then. :o

... also crap, I only realized after I sent it in that I forgot to factor in her prosthetics into her weight and whatnot.

... ah... well... it can be assumed to be what her body weight WOULD be with her natural limbs :o

Or something. Maybe her prosthetics are made with a lightweight material that gives them roughly the same weight as natural limbs? xD

cloudcraft

Any of these answers are acceptable and you can tweak your profile later, if you'd like. 8)

Dotley

8/30: Update - Yes, recruitment is still open and applications are still being accepted  :-)
O&O's || A&A's

Dotley

O&O's || A&A's

Dotley

9/4: Update - A list of accepted writers and interested writers who have told me they're working on their character applications. And still accepting applications! Would be nice to have one or two more people  :-)

Accepted

• Cloudcraft
  • Joslyn
  • Finn Mackenna

Interested

• Wargtass
  • Ebpohmr
O&O's || A&A's