Marauder's Era Harry Potter : Dark Times Rising Recruitment (Need Canons)

Started by SweetSerenade, May 24, 2013, 01:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetSerenade

Quote from: fireandblood on June 02, 2013, 11:47:27 PM
I meant to delete Head Girl -_- I thought of it while I was typing it and presently was distracted by my cat trying to fall asleep on my keyboard. I meant to just say prefect. It's been awhile since I tried out Marauders' Era or any sort of Harry Potter game.

I actually do think I'd like to try Remus. It'll be fun to write about him sneaking out with the gang during his transformations. I've been reading his history on the Harry Potter Wiki - he only kept it secret until their second year, and that's why the others decided to become Animagi, so that they could go out with him once a month. I never knew that.

It's pretty interesting :D

To try out for Remus just send me a PM

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

AutoTune

Quote from: SweetSerenade on May 30, 2013, 03:46:47 PM
Hey! The bar of the roleplay isn't actually that high. I want an intro post of at least four paragraphs, and a normal post of two paragraphs. This is per character. There will be no dice, I'm not really big on dice rolling in a Harry Potter setting.
YAY no dice. And it seemed pretty high up there because I have'nt roleplayed in a group at E before. : )

QuoteNeither Peter or Snape have been asked after, and I have received no tryouts for them. Basically you turn in a tryout for them and we wait a week or so from that point. If someone else turns in a tryout, I pick who would be the best. I'm not a believer of 'first come first serve' - I'm a believer of who would be best for the role, and best for the roleplay. :D
This is a very interesting philospohy, I like it. : )
I'll send you Peter Pettigrew and Snape shortly. I never tried writing a story in Perter Petigrew's point of view, so I dunno how well I'll do. What exactly are you looking for in a PMed character thingy? Like, how I would start off my first reply in a roleplay, or just writing in general? Never mind I'm just gonna PM you.

QuoteAlso, the way that this will be set up is different than other group rps. I will have main threads, set for certain 'days' that certain things will be happening in the roleplay... but you are all welcome to start your own threads, to interact with specific characters. I will be getting a calendar for 1978, that details the dates and the lunar calendar. That way people can say "Saturday XX, 1978" as part of their roleplay header in their thread. This is helpful, because I will also be asking all players to turn in the threads they start - to be added to a thread tracker. These will also be added to a timeline in that thread. This is so that we can keep track of everything.

The roleplay will start at the train station, and the first 'Act' will encompass the entirety of September to October 30th. This is because I want everyone to have all their threads completed and culminated (usually about a month or two, possibly three), for the big 'finale' thread of that act. For this one, it would be the Halloween Plot I'm throwing at all the students. For the adults, it's a bit more fluid, they will be allowed to just flow through as they see fit, so long as they make sure their threads are on the thread tracker and Timeline appropriately. :D
Now these extra threads business is why I was a bit daunted, because I have no idea what extra threads are for. I'll try to roleplay to the best of my abilities, but I might not get it right the first few tries.

QuoteAlso, I will not limit people to sticking their threads in specific sections, for the time being. If/When the roleplay gets large enough to get it's own subsection, I will put it in a 'umbrella coverage' style section, meaning it will likely be in the Extreme. You are not going to be forced to do threads you are not interested in, I am FULLY advocating open communication between roleplayers. Your limits and wants WILL be followed, and you should never at any point feel uncomfortable. If someone is doing this, please report it to me IMMEDIATELY. I will speak to them, and turn in a 'precursory' report to the staff, so if the problem persists they will be removed from the roleplay. I do not think anyone will do this, but I want you all to understand that this is a very grim and adult roleplay. Our characters are no longer children really, and they are stepping into the harsh reality of the war.
Noted and acknowledged, I'll let you know my limits in a PM if that's required. : )

SweetSerenade

Quote from: AutoTune on June 04, 2013, 01:59:42 AM
YAY no dice. And it seemed pretty high up there because I have'nt roleplayed in a group at E before. : )
This is a very interesting philospohy, I like it. : )
I'll send you Peter Pettigrew and Snape shortly. I never tried writing a story in Perter Petigrew's point of view, so I dunno how well I'll do. What exactly are you looking for in a PMed character thingy? Like, how I would start off my first reply in a roleplay, or just writing in general? Never mind I'm just gonna PM you.
Now these extra threads business is why I was a bit daunted, because I have no idea what extra threads are for. I'll try to roleplay to the best of my abilities, but I might not get it right the first few tries.
Noted and acknowledged, I'll let you know my limits in a PM if that's required. : )

When it comes to your tryout I'm just looking for an 'intro post' basically anywhere 4 paragraphs and up, of you playing the character. This gives me an idea of how you will play them.

The extra threads are for character interactions. I will only be holding a main thread for each week, which usually will encompass some classes and character interactions. The extra things are something you talk about with another character player, and set up to play on the side during the time of the Act. This is so people can see the 'behind the scenes' with some of the characters. For instance, something that might be a side thread is the 'full moon' situations with Remus and his buddies. Most characters cannot get involved, just those in the scenario. The act won't be considered 'complete' till all the threads are completed, and then we go for the culmination of that Act. The culmination of the First Act is the Halloween Ball. The Culmination of Act Two is the Yule Ball - before all the students either head off home, or stay at school. Then, the next 'two weeks' of the roleplay (before everyone gets back together after new years) is sort of a... well bonus story time. Whatever you want to do in it, you can do.

fireandblood

So excited to (hopefully) play Remus. Glad my 'tryout' went well. And I think my potential OC will fit well with the Slytherins.

SweetSerenade

I still need to get a consensus from the players, which section would you like the Main threads to be? I was going to put it in Extreme, so we have blanket coverage for anything and everything that might happen. Then when players want to start a thread for the group, you can post it in whatever area of the board you are comfortable with?

I'm hoping that this method will help promote roleplaying in the group, and help us get over the post count we need to be considered an actual group - and get our own section :D

fireandblood

Yeah I think Extreme is good; that way, any wanted kinks can be included and any unwanted can be excluded.

AutoTune

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 04, 2013, 01:35:24 PM

When it comes to your tryout I'm just looking for an 'intro post' basically anywhere 4 paragraphs and up, of you playing the character. This gives me an idea of how you will play them.

That I can do, I'm writing it up, hopefully it will be ready before thurdsay or friday. : )

QuoteThe extra threads are for character interactions. I will only be holding a main thread for each week, which usually will encompass some classes and character interactions. The extra things are something you talk about with another character player, and set up to play on the side during the time of the Act. This is so people can see the 'behind the scenes' with some of the characters. For instance, something that might be a side thread is the 'full moon' situations with Remus and his buddies. Most characters cannot get involved, just those in the scenario. The act won't be considered 'complete' till all the threads are completed, and then we go for the culmination of that Act. The culmination of the First Act is the Halloween Ball. The Culmination of Act Two is the Yule Ball - before all the students either head off home, or stay at school. Then, the next 'two weeks' of the roleplay (before everyone gets back together after new years) is sort of a... well bonus story time. Whatever you want to do in it, you can do.

Uhhh.
So it's like a play, and each extra topic is a studio set? I'm guessing?

fireandblood

Definitely not trying to pester or rush or anything - just curious!

Do you have any idea how soon we'll be starting? With the OC profiles, the intro thread, etc?

Also I'm terribly excited! :)

SweetSerenade

Autotune - quite similar actually.

Fire - We'll be starting once we get all of the tryouts finished. Then I'll work on getting all the rules and details posted up, and also work on character profiles :D I know you are excited, but I should expect it to be at least two more weeks before we get started.

fireandblood

Understandable! I was just wondering because my posting speed will decrease relatively soon - once I get home from my summer semester my time online will be limited because of work, etc. But hopefully I'll be able to at least do a couple of posts a day.

Just curious :)

Google

Looking forward to posting my OOC which I am cooking up, have an entire extisential theme that I have put together in my head, nihilism vs antinihilism being the major touch stone for what I have cooked up.
Psychopaths cannot feel love.
Not in the traditional meaning.
To a psychopath DOMINATION is the closest sensation to love.
Though it is much greater.
Its intensity is all consuming.
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

SweetSerenade

Oh? That sounds interesting. Make sure to run any major plots by me and the Co-GM first. I'll announce the Co-Gm later though. I don't care if characters want to have small minor plots, but if you plan anything major - please run them by me first :D

Google

Of course, for my OC I will be playing it  mostly by ear, a character that stands on the knife edge of morality. Had to take a few days break while helping some pilots with escape resist and evasion training in the field but now I am back.
Psychopaths cannot feel love.
Not in the traditional meaning.
To a psychopath DOMINATION is the closest sensation to love.
Though it is much greater.
Its intensity is all consuming.
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

SweetSerenade

No problem, understandable. I want it known that there is no promise of OCs, but a high likelihood that each person who is playing a canon will get at least one OC capability. As a sort of thank you... but you have to be playing that canon well... >.> And treat them equally.

SweetSerenade

Alright! So the currently applied for characters have been accepted. If anyone still wishes to play a canon, or tryout for a Canon I will have tryouts open for another two weeks. I have a few things going on, so it will eat up my time with getting the OOC threads done. But this roleplay will still happen. I want to hear how all of you are feeling, and what interesting ideas you have :D

AutoTune

I feel like I wouldn't mind writing on the spot, so I really don't have any solid ideas. I also don't know when exactly Severus Snape became interested in the Death Eaters, and when he betrayed them in favor of the Order. Any one have any advice?

Ember Star

I'm interested in this. Really tired right now, though. Probably interested in either Luna Lovegood or a OC
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Rogue

Marauder's Era, Ember. So James, Sirius, Lupin and the bunch, not the series main timeline. *smiles* Cannons are still available and I believe Sweets has opened up for OCs. Details are first post.

Ember Star

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on June 23, 2013, 12:15:49 AM
Marauder's Era, Ember. So James, Sirius, Lupin and the bunch, not the series main timeline. *smiles* Cannons are still available and I believe Sweets has opened up for OCs. Details are first post.
Oops. Sorry. Like I said. Tired. Had about five hours of sleep.

Alrighty. Thanks! :)

I'll read over stuff again tomorrow and come up with an OC concept to pm Sweet about.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

SweetSerenade

I still need to get a profile laid out, just dealing with some baby issues... not liking food right now. XD

Ember Star

Quote from: SweetSerenade on June 23, 2013, 12:25:35 AM
I still need to get a profile laid out, just dealing with some baby issues... not liking food right now. XD
No worries. Baby first. I'm in no rush. Just excited about a HP RP. Started out with HP RP, so it's my RP roots. I always want to join HP groups when I see them. Plus I know what kind of talent you have :D

AutoTune

QuoteI don't know when exactly Severus Snape became interested in the Death Eaters, and when he betrayed them in favor of the Order. Any one have any advice?
No one has any advice? :-\

Rogue

*Smiles at Auto* not specifically. It's all up to you since there are rumors of Snape hanging with the junior Death Eater Brigade when he was still in school (Around both 6/7th year). Or, more specifically, whenever it was that Lily made her final rebuke to him by choosing James over him. This is RP though and if you go for Snape/Lily, you can always talk to SapphireStar about this. This is also for if you prefer true good Snape, because Lily, cannonically, has that kind of influence on him. It's all about what you want to do which is why I held off on advice.

Ember Star

Quote from: AutoTune on June 23, 2013, 03:50:56 AM
No one has any advice? :-\
The flashbacks/memories of Snape given to Harry when he dies explains a lot of that. I think that's the right spot anyway. My mind's still foggy. Anyway, I suggest rereading that chapter to help with that.

Ember Star

Okay, read through it all again. Few random thoughts here.

Are you still looking for Co-GMs? While I've never done a HP RP in this era, I am qualified for the job having had started with HP RP and gone on to Co-GM that group and three reboots of it across two different sites. So, I'll be happy to offer my services and experience for this group if they're needed.

While I am tempted to try out for Bellatrix (I adore playing crazy women), I also have a few OC characters buzzing around in my head and I generally prefer OCs to CCs. I'm actually considering bringing my student from my old groups in. She's a Animagus though, would that be okay?