Kaer Morhen - Return of the Witchers - Still Recruiting

Started by Primarch, December 18, 2016, 06:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

Not sure if I have the time to play a big role, but I am up for a smaller role as one of the women the Witcher casually hooks up with.  :P
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Primarch

Quote from: Vlexia on December 27, 2016, 06:54:30 AM
*raises hand*

So question....

I am interested in making a character, but possibly one that would hire the witchers for a job or interact with the sorceress.  What plot did you have in mind, Primarch? Is it going to be mostly training at Kaer Morhen? Are you guys planning on traveling? I could be anything from an herbalist merchant to a bastard daughter of the emperor who seeks higher glory.

Thinking of making her a little exotic, like half-Zerrikanian so she's got a bit of bronze to her...

My plan was to set up a 'mini character sheet' for monsters so people could offer each other Witcher Contracts. From there people can turn up where ever a contract takes them. My chief interest as the person running the game right now is getting a healthy population of Witchers & Sorceresses to populate Kaer Morhen. 'Plot Essentials' I suppose you could call them.

But if you have something in mind we can probably expand the scope from an earlier point, though we still only have one Witcher. Why don't you drop me a PM with the contract/job you have in mind and we'll hash it out?

Quote from: RedEve on December 27, 2016, 07:14:47 AM
Not sure if I have the time to play a big role, but I am up for a smaller role as one of the women the Witcher casually hooks up with.  :P

What's a Witcher story without its strumpets?

Of course you could take up a Sorceress who's taken on a smaller role at the School over the years or most of her duties are 'off screen.' More interested in making sure the Witchers are up to scratch with rigorous evaluation.

Laughing Hyena

Still working on my sheet. Narrowed it down to a Skellege native.

Primarch

LeSane

I'm doing my sheet now, but there is an issue. The character image I have isn't a real life image because nothing comes close to my expectations for him. This is the image I have for him currently.... http://i.imgur.com/Ihp51n7.jpg I mean if there was something else I liked then it wouldn't be an issue.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Primarch

Carly isn't using a real life imagine either. If that's the only image you can settle on use that.

Laughing Hyena

Character: Elias
Player: Laughing Hyena

Role: Witcher
Specialties:

• Gifted with the Aard Sign
  • Most comfortable with Heavy Armor
  • Quick Learner/Fast Thinker

Personality:

• Brash and Passionate
  • Unyielding Loyalty to the Witchers
  • Tends to leap before he looks rather than plan things out
  • Very festive and would rather spend money on luxurious food and drink.

History:

• Born in Skellige, he had his childhood filled with adventurous tales and lore and sought to prove himself capable of living up to such legends.
  • Participated in several raids, and horse races and adventures before becoming a Witcher. None compare to the ordeals of a Witcher.
  • He volunteered to undertake the Trials of Grasses to his absolve his brother posthumously for crimes against the jarls of An Craite. His family name has thus been stripped of him for his transition into the Witchers
  • He is the youngest of the new Witchers of Kaer Morhen

Relationships/Connections:

• Open
  • Open
  • Open

Additional Details:

• Prefers a Skellege Deck (obviously) when in a game of Gwent.
  • Is terrible at Gwent
  • His horse is called Dusa. A rustic brown stallion with a black mane of hair.
  • His brothers disgrace was a big noodle incident.

(okay, first attempt!)

Primarch

What age do you put him at? From the image I had assumed he was 20-something and with a history of raiding, horse racing & adventure I guessed that was about right but then you describe as the youngest of the new Witchers. Not a problem at all, I just don't want to start penning in ages for later characters.

Although I'm inclined to point out he should have been largely raised to be a Witcher with that whole "taken in as children" thing they have going on. I guess they're a bit like Jedi that way? As opposed to a life of adventure and then volunteering for the dangerous process, like a Grey Warden I suppose. 

EDIT: I'd actually like to get OOC/Character page up tonight. How do people feel about putting this game in the Bondage/Exotic section? The way I see it bondage should cover any 'captured' scenarios that might arise. Exotic will cover any monsters people take on too.

Carly

Primarch, was my character approved ?

Can I update her to have businesses of her own like your character ?

Primarch

If memory serves she was fine, feel free to work in some source of revenue.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Primarch on December 27, 2016, 04:05:06 PM
What age do you put him at? From the image I had assumed he was 20-something and with a history of raiding, horse racing & adventure I guessed that was about right but then you describe as the youngest of the new Witchers. Not a problem at all, I just don't want to start penning in ages for later characters.

Although I'm inclined to point out he should have been largely raised to be a Witcher with that whole "taken in as children" thing they have going on. I guess they're a bit like Jedi that way? As opposed to a life of adventure and then volunteering for the dangerous process, like a Grey Warden I suppose. 

EDIT: I'd actually like to get OOC/Character page up tonight. How do people feel about putting this game in the Bondage/Exotic section? The way I see it bondage should cover any 'captured' scenarios that might arise. Exotic will cover any monsters people take on too.

I imagine Skellege is a much more harsh environment for a child. Then again I did forget that detail. He could have say volunteered as a child.

Primarch

For children? I doubt it. Skellige folk might be a bit more rough & tumble than their counterparts in Novigrad and the like but the average village in Skellige seems much the same as the average village in Velen. Drowners by the water, bandits off the beaten track and trolls in the mountains. Either way he would still need to actually get to Kaer Morhen and volunteer. I'm sure you could put together a story for how a child ended up volunteering at Kaer Morhen but it just seems like a stretch. It would be much easier and to be perfectly honest my significant preference to keep it as how things normally play out with Witcher recruitment.   

Carly

should we have age as something in our character sheet ?

Primarch

Its probably not super relevant for the most part, especially for the Sorceresses but feel free to include it under the "Additional Details" section if you fancy. 

Primarch

OOC Thread is up. Feel free to head over there and start discussing character relationships, what you would like to be doing at the start or anything else you may wish to OOC-out.

Character Thread - Approved characters feel free to post up.

fireflights

LOL was mine approved? I don't recall seeing an approval for her.

I have taken the oath of the Drake

Livin in MD now.

Not taking anymore one on ones but ones already discussed with the partners.

Primarch

fireflights

I have taken the oath of the Drake

Livin in MD now.

Not taking anymore one on ones but ones already discussed with the partners.

Deamonbane

Character: Mael of Vizima
Player: Deamonbane

Specialties:

• Ranged Combat
  • Potions/Alchemy
  • Cunning Businessman

Personality:

• Quiet and withdrawn
  • Sarcastic and cold in most dealings. Handles friends with uncertainty, careful not to hurt or annoy them in any way. Socially awkward.
  • An angry, impulsive drunk. Usually avoids drinking or imbibing narcotics.

History:

• Not much known of early history. Was taken off of the streets of Vizima by the Lodge, more as a guinea pig for experimentation with the as of yet untested Trial of the Grasses, as he was already half dead from pneumonia when they found him
  • Survived, surprisingly enough, thanks to the use of various concoctions. Trained alongside the first batch of witcher recruits, but was physically inferior to most of the others, looking sickly and thin for the duration.
  • Survived the Trial of the Grasses, barely. Whether his difficulty was due to his already poor health or if it was because the lodge tried more variations of mutations on him due to them thinking that he wouldn't survive anyways is uncertain. His modifications made him stronger, although less so than his fellow survivors, but improved hand-eye coordination and reaction time. While he was fairly competent with the pair of blades that he was given, he chose to focus his training on ranged combat with throwing knives, bows and crossbows, instead of hand-to-hand combat.

• Open
  • Open
  • Open

Additional Details:

• Carries a pair of swords, although discarding the longswords that most witchers preferred in favor of a pair of Leaf-Shaped Short Swords, which he carries in a single scabbard across his back.
  • Known for his use of a Recurve bow, with a quiver of steel and silver-tipped arrows that he makes himself. Also known to carrying a selection of throwing knives hidden in handy locations on his body. Sometimes, but rarely, he also carries a crossbow.
  • Known to ride a Bay Roan Gelding of no particularly well-known sire or dam. It is a battle horse though, calm and ready. It's name is Duke.
  • Has a proficient Northern Realms Gwent deck, tends to play the various spy-use strategies to win.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Vlexia

If you cannot honor a No, then you certainly could never honor a Yes.

Primarch

Looks fine for the most part.

When you say 'cunning businessman' is that a reference to negotiating his pay for a contract and the like or does he have business interests?

Deamonbane

I would say both? Some small business investments, as well as being a cunning negotiator in terms of payment for his services.

Also, do you want Mael and Conor to have known each other, as they were both part of the first batch?

@Vlexia Hey there! It's been too long!
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Vlexia

Character: Bellatrix

Player: Vlexia

Role: Sorceress

Specialties:
* Element of Fire (Fire Storm, Fire Ring, Fire Armor, Explosion)
* Political intrigue and knowledge
* Illusion and disguise

Personality:
* Brash, at times she is a bit forward, overconfident, a trait that has led her into situations that did not end well. However, this has ended in her favor because she has learned, often the hard way, how to use her powers and how to survive, sometimes against much stronger foes.
* Overconfident. She hasn't died yet, especially since she most likely should be dead by now.
* Despite her bold personality, she has a very strong sense and attribute of justice, and thus very involved with the community and a active supporter for equal rights of all races.
* Being so old and starting her training so late, Bellatrix is a little strange with just a touch of insanity, mumbling to herself at times and walking alone at night.

History:
Bellatrix is not her birth name, but none are still alive who know it for she has outlived them all. Initially from modest, and ignorant, beginnings the woman was born in Zerrikania by a couple who were traveling merchants and traders. Her powers were made manifest at an early age but her parents neither knew, or cared, exactly what she was dealing with, instead assuming she was merely "strange". It wasn't until they were in Ard Carraigh where the Sorceress advisor Sabrina Glevissig felt the power of the young teenager and took her under her wing. This experience under the advisor to the previous King's Court and the late entry into the Lodge is a major reason Bellatrix initially struggled with her power and still has remnants of crazed personality traits. Her age, experience and wisdom has hidden these but they are still very close to the surface. She corresponded with other Soreceresses to reestablish the Lodge due to the increase of Monsters and the need for Witchers.

* Relationship Open
* Relationships Open
* Relationships Open

Additional Details:
* Has a coiled dragon tattoo at her lower back, and
various others
,that are callouts to her homeland where the people worship dragons.
* Wears light leather armor that may seem provocative but is really more for the damage caused by her fire power.
* Loves red wine

If you cannot honor a No, then you certainly could never honor a Yes.

Carly

Laughing Hyena

Character: Elias
Player: Laughing Hyena

Specialties:

• Gifted with the Aard Sign
  • Most comfortable with Heavy Armor
  • Quick Learner/Fast Thinker

Personality:

• Brash and Passionate
  • Unyielding Loyalty to the Witchers
  • Tends to leap before he looks rather than plan things out
  • Very festive and would rather spend money on luxurious food and drink.

History:

• Born in Skellige, he was born into a disgraced family.
  • With either death or exile, the father chose exile, abandoning the child to whatever cruel fate befell him.
  • Grew up in his youth as a servant of the An Craite. However the boy was soon delivered to Kaer Morhen to undergo the Trials of Grasses. The reason being was to pay for the sins of the the family. Hence his name was stripped and rechristened.
  • He is the youngest of the new Witchers of Kaer Morhen

• Open
  • Open
  • Open

Additional Details:

• Prefers a Skellege Deck (obviously) when in a game of Gwent.
  • Is terrible at Gwent
  • His horse is called Dusa. A rustic brown stallion with a black mane of hair.

(A second attempt to better fit the requirements of what Gm is looking for. A servant boy of the An Craites seemed like a fine idea considering how tied they are to Witchers.)