News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Looking to practice group rps.

Started by Malgriff, November 25, 2011, 09:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malgriff

I havent been a game master before so I thought I'd take a shot. Please pm me feedback if you are playing with us so I know where I'm going wrong, wha't im doing well or even if you have Ideas for the story line.

General outline of the rp

Fantasy genre
Medeval/tolken style (old basicly)
good vs bad kinda deal as usually happens
focus on story and character building/relationship building
Sex is allowed but try not to swear and if you feel it's going on too long pm each other to continue the scene then rejoin the group another time.
I am open to suddgestions for actual story line, place names and events.

Wanted:
Group of travellers to meet at a tavern, under orders from an unknown client asking for aid in a task that was promised to be rewarding.

Character sheet:

Name/Alias:
Description/picture:
Class: (Warrior/ranger/Barbarian/Wizard/Mage/etc feel free to add)
Skills: ( Pick up to three) (lock picking, stelth, aim, combat, magic, healing, climbing, speed/agility)
Hobbies and interests: ( if your character has a hobby that is also a transferable skill. e.g. rope making, it can be used possably if need occours.)
Personality: ( One or two paragraphs highlighting key traits)
Good or bad:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Weapons: (Up to three weapons)
Companion/pet: (If applicable)
Goal: ( What does your character want in life? This will help drive your own personal story and the overall story)

who149

Hm. In my experience as GM, you want too avoid a Good vs Bad concept with players on both sides. Especially if its  your first time. If not done right (and it being done right is hard to do) a lot of people are gonna be annoyed.
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

Malgriff

Capone

More detail for the setting may also be more helpful. It could help give players ideas as to what sort of character to create.

Malgriff

Allright thank you I will come up with some story for this idea then.

HairyHeretic

If you've never been a GM before, I would say keep it simple for your first try. If you plan on using a system, maybe even try running  a pre-made scenario. If you're going freeform, maybe even take one anyway and adapt it.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Malgriff

Allright, thank you all for your help I think I have an idea now for a  general story line.

The start would be set in a tavern/inn where the group has been summoned in letter form to meet a messenger there to be informed of their task. Some characters may have a history allready (discuss that with yourselves) the more diverse the group the better. After the messenger gives them all their tasks and they set off they will follow clues left by abstract beings.

how does this sound?

grovercjuk

http://www.dragonsfoot.org/fe/index.shtml#296

Have a look at the above, it is 1st edition but the downloadable scenarios can give you ideas.
Also I would be interested in playing once you have decided on a scenario.

AndyZ

What classes are other people looking to play?  I have an elven ranger idea but it doesn't seem to want to flesh out in its entirety for this game.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Malgriff

Sounds good, what trouble are you having with the fleshin out?

AndyZ

Nothing I can put into words, just that Lynn doesn't quite have the right feel for some reason.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

AndyZ

I'll just give it a shot and maybe it'll work out more through play
Name/Alias: Lynnudomishae, although many non-elves take to calling her Lynn
Description/picture: Lynn takes to wearing leathers and animal skins, most notably a polar bear cloak that she's made for herself and wears during the winter months
Class: Ranger
Skills: Archery, Speed/Agility, Stealth
Hobbies and interests: ( if your character has a hobby that is also a transferable skill. e.g. rope making, it can be used possably if need occours.) Fletching, Leatherworking
Personality: Kind and compassionate but easily frustrated, and somewhat shy when she gets confused
Good or bad: Good
Strengths: All sorts of wilderness skills, from tracking to scavenging
Weaknesses: Difficulty in close combat, barely knows the common tongue
Weapons: (Up to three weapons) Longbow, dagger
Companion/pet: (If applicable) Falcon named Scratch
Goal: ( What does your character want in life? This will help drive your own personal story and the overall story) Lynn exists as one with nature, not unlike most elves.  As such, she has no personal goals beyond ensuring that the wilderness itself is not destroyed.  She objects to meaningless slaughter but is not vegetarian and accepts that things lower on the food chain must die to feed those higher, although she feels enough of a rapport for the humanoid races to aid in their survival.

Malgriff

grovercjuk

Character Name        : Thersa Dlan AKA Tess
Character Race        : Human
Character Class       : Rogue
Character Alignment   : Neutral Good
Appearance            :
             Tess is around 5 feet 2 inches with flowing blonde hair that she normally has in a ponytail, sea green eyes and a very attractive face that has such an innocent expression. She is dressed in a dark blue tunic and trousers, the tunic doing little to hide her breasts as it is so tight, or the slim figure she has.  Just how her  clothing fits she seems to be unaware off, or does she?

She has a shortsword strapped to her waist and a backpack from which hangs a crossbow otherwise she seems to carry little to distinguish her.

Character Concept:
         Tess freely admits that unlike many of her fellow rouges she missed out on the poverty, the drunken parents, the dead parents and all that they used to explain why they stole. She came from well off parents, had plenty of money and a good education. Basically she just liked to steal and if a man was dumb enough to fall for her looks and mistook her hands on his body for lust rather than searching out his valuables then that was his tough luck.

Although she had this thing, this thing that she hated in herself, she just could not bring herself to steal from the poor. Of course she would rather die than admit she had a good side, instead she justified it on the grounds that what was the point in stealing a poor mans purse full of copper when a rich mans was full of gold. Still it was troubling but she was sure she would grow out of it.

Short Background:

Tess is the youngest daughter of Lord Dlan of North Wood Manor a respectable middle ranking noble family. Her brothers have done the family well, the eldest is showing great skill in managing the family estates, the younger is now A knight of The Rose and serving the cause of good well indeed.

Whilst she is well aware of what is intended for her, a good marriage. And whilst her girlfriends chatter on endlessly about this lord or that and who their family will marry Tess's thoughts are elsewhere. Moving quietly around their houses at night, items vanishing lead to more than one servant being dismissed for suspected theft whilst Tess rides home in her carriage the loot safety stashed in her bags.

But like all things her life is coming to and end, the heir to the Lordship of Merton has been selected as her prospective husband. Leaving Tess with the choice of marriage to a man who whilst rich has the facial appearance of a pig or leaving quietly in the night and heading for a life on the road.

Elf

Aku, have you decided on a system or will it be freeform? I'm interested in joining and will PM you a my char. If you approve I will posted it for all to see.

Malgriff

freeform i guess im not used to using systems.

Elf

Name: Feldor Kelmaric

Race: elf
Sexuality: heterosexual
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 138 lbs
Hair: stark white hair running to between shoulder blades
Eyes: bright crystalline sky blue
Class: mage/fighter
Appearance: knee high soft leather boots in dark brown with grey pants tucked into them. Black leather belt with numerous pouches and a dagger sheath attached to it. Dark blue shirt with long billowy sleeves clamped down at the forearm by the leather and steel bracers. A forest green open vest with tails running almost down to the back of his knees. A golden head band worn across his forehead and above his ears to help keep the long white hair out of his face.

Equipment and abilities:

Bracers of protection: magically gives equivalent protection to full plate mail armor.
Dagger: just a standard 8" bladed double edged dagger.
Wand of force: his primary weapon this 12" long approx. 1" diameter piece of polish yew. It’s standard ability is a nearly invisible blade of force which can cut through most anything not protected by enchantments and functions as an enchanted bastard sword. Secondary abilities: by using charges it can create force walls and force bubbles.

Works Magic but does not use specified spells: uses fire, air, water, earth, and spirit in different combinations to produce desired results is only limited by imagination and available energy mostly personal, but can tap into flows of energy across the world like rivers of magical energy only visible to those that use it. The use of this magic has leeched the color out of his hair and changed his eye color to the sky blue

Also carries an elven longbow and quiver of arrows

Companion: White tiger which is a friend and partner not a pet or owned beast