Sha'ib: City of Mazes (Arabian Nights/Fantasy Sandbox LGBT Accepting Characters)

Started by Crash, February 22, 2015, 03:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revelation

Quote from: BeeJay on February 25, 2015, 08:14:55 PM
I don't know how Crash will respond, but killing someone in pitched combat is not murder. A warrior isn't committing murder if he kills and enemy combatant.

This is kind of what I assume, but I figure better safe than sorry.

Kuroneko

I'd like to call dibs on this pic. I've had it in my inspiration thread for a long time and this is a great chance to finally use it  - unless someone else was already planning to use it

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Crash

I have been having a nasty cluster of headaches so I am going to try to catch up.

When I say murderer I am thinking sociopaths and psychopaths.  A warrior, bounty hunger or someone who killed slavers to escape are fine.

Dhi - Polygyny and Polyandry are something that I am going to allow as long as the person has the means to afford multiple husbands or wives.  Generally this limits this to royalty, but some rich merchants fit into this category too.

Bedu Culture - Men own property.
Hadaree Culture - Women can own property until they get married.  Then it goes to their husband.  If their husband dies it reverts back to the wife unless they have a son at the age of maturity.  Side note:  Women always retain ownership of the home they live in regardless of marriage.  Unscrupulous men will buy two houses and keep their family in the worse of the two homes so their wife only owns the least of the two.
Djaffir Culture - Men and Woman can own property.  The best merchant wins regardless of gender.

Sain - Slaves are owned in this setting. Prostitution is forbidden but fixed term marriage is which is often used as a cover for it.  There would not be legal brothel's in Sha'ib.

Paladin - Not all Dervishes are warriors.  Many are not.  So no your character is not a typical warrior. ;)

Kuroneko - One of my favorite images too.  I was going to use it if no one else did, but if you are going to join please go ahead and use her.

Note on Images:  Please no anime.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Crash

Oh and welcome Kuro and Changingsaint and anyone else I might have missed.  We seem to have quite the gathering of players.  I am really excited about this!

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Crash

Added this under the Bedu heading for fun....

Some Bedu rules:

The various nomad groups have a bewildering list of rules governing their lives. Here are some of the more common ones travelers should remember.

* Never eat with your left hand or offer it in friendship (Bedu use the left hand to clean themselves or handle unclean materials).
* Never leave food on your plate (it implies the food is poor) and never ask for more (which implies the host is not generous).
* Belching after a meal honors the host (and not belching is an insult).
* A gift must be answered with a gift of equal or greater value (to offer a lesser value is an insult).
* Business is never discussed until after coffee has been drunk.
* Coffee is only drunk after small talk has occurred (it gives the host time to judge your character)
* Speak only if you have something to say (nomads do not engage in idle chatter).
* Never ask for a private meeting (it implies you have some bad desire in mind).
* Never be alone with a nomad woman, married or unmarried, who is not of your family (liaisons must always take place with another member of her family present).

Kuroneko

Quote from: Crash on February 25, 2015, 09:21:18 PM

Kuroneko - One of my favorite images too.  I was going to use it if no one else did, but if you are going to join please go ahead and use her.

Danke, for the image and the welcome. And, as a fellow cluster headache sufferer, I hope you feel better soon.

Dhi

Quote from: RedPhoenix on February 25, 2015, 09:40:46 PM
Well now that just sounds awkward. Thank goodness I'm not a nomad.
lol

Crash and Red, I've fleshed out Farrah's background in my WIP. Could you both give it a read and see if it fits okay?
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=224117.msg11013857#msg11013857

Paladin101

Quote from: RedPhoenix on February 25, 2015, 09:40:46 PM
Well now that just sounds awkward. Thank goodness I'm not a nomad.

"Man habeeb, your sister is crazy, you see that thing she's doing with her hips?"

Crash

Dhi - She looks awesome.

I will have a list of noble titles up soonish.

Dhi

Great! I guess I'm almost done then, and should start thinking about connections with other PCs.

I think Farrah and Saint's character know each other in a law enforcement capacity.

Crash

I added this to the first post....

European Title|Bedu (m/f)|Hadaree/Djaffir (mf)
Knight|Bey/Beyah|Effendi/Effenda
Baron|Mir/Mirah|Pasha/Pashar
Count|(Not Used)|Sirdar/Sirdara
Duke|Sheikh/Sheikhah|Emir/Emira
Prince|(Not Used)|Meliq/Meliqa
King|(Not Used)|Sultan/Sultana (Hadaree) or Caliph/Calipha (Djaffir)

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Crash

Anyone that is really interesting in the setting I am borrowing a bunch of this information from should look up Hellfrost: Land of Fire.  They did a really good job with the setting and I have found it invaluable.  I have certainly tweaked it for this game and added some things in from other games, but it is worth a look for those into tabletop roleplaying.

Crash

Dhi, RedPheonix and Paladin101

Your characters are approved.  I have an approved character sheet thread up.  You can place your characters here...

Approved Character Thread

OOC Thread

Only post in the OOC thread if your character has been approved.

Dhi

Quote from: la dame en noir on February 25, 2015, 10:26:36 PM
Why is this so well thought out! It makes me nervoussss
I like these immersive sandbox games where everybody brings in their own flavor and we end up with different plot threads like a fantasy novel. You don't have to keep track of everything, or know the whole setting... just love your part of it and it all comes together into a great story.

Crash

Quote from: Dhi on February 25, 2015, 11:30:37 PM
I like these immersive sandbox games where everybody brings in their own flavor and we end up with different plot threads like a fantasy novel. You don't have to keep track of everything, or know the whole setting... just love your part of it and it all comes together into a great story.

This.

Kuroneko

Quote from: Paladin101 on February 25, 2015, 09:55:49 PM
"Man habeeb, your sister is crazy, you see that thing she's doing with her hips?"

This made me giggle because habibi and any variation thereof means 'beloved' in Arabic ;)

Mod question: is there room for mystics/fortune teller type characters? i.e., perhaps not 'true' mages or one whose Jinn blood might have lent them a gift of prophecy that's occasionally quite accurate? (and therefore might get them into trouble from time to time).

Crash

Quote from: Kuroneko on February 25, 2015, 11:38:45 PM
This made me giggle because habibi and any variation thereof means 'beloved' in Arabic ;)

Mod question: is there room for mystics/fortune teller type characters? i.e., perhaps not 'true' mages or one whose Jinn blood might have lent them a gift of prophecy that's occasionally quite accurate? (and therefore might get them into trouble from time to time).

The Hadaree would consider it a gift from Asaheem, the Bedu from one of their Gods. 

Kuroneko

Quote from: Crash on February 25, 2015, 11:54:25 PM
The Hadaree would consider it a gift from Asaheem, the Bedu from one of their Gods.

Awesome :). Thank you.

Crash

Pretty much all people of the desert are followers of the Bedu Gods or Asaheem.  Atheists are virtually unheard of.

Kuroneko

I gathered that from reading the background material, but I wanted to check with you regarding the idea before I let my mind travel along that path any further, lol.

Rave

Hmmm....
Interesting, interesting indeed.

Question!

Are Hybrids a thing? More precisely, a Nasafi Elf/Bedu child. I have an almost perfect image for this in mind, and I can build quite a character around it, but it really looks like said person in that picture is a mix of both races.

Madriv

Quote from: Crash on February 25, 2015, 04:04:17 PMI am surprised I have not seen much in the way of daring thieves

See, that was immediately where my mind went, especially since I'm not a fan of magic. I'm just dragging ass about getting in a character sheet.

Amarlo

I will also be joining if you'll have me :) I will submit a character sheet asap! This game looks very promising.

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Sain

Alright think I'll go with a slave dealer then if brothels are forbidden. CS up soon, could link pretty easily with any of those former concubine/concubine characters as the person who got them to their masters. Could fix some past backgrounds with petty criminals and law enforcers too. Anyway, off to writing.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301