Exalted?

Started by Hikari, May 03, 2010, 07:57:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I assume point of abyssal story is redemption somesort where in end (and beginning a new story line) we 'reborn' as solars. As in abyssal book it descriped (theorethical note, as no one, not even deathlords, know way to redemption) method how abyssal exalted can transform back to solar. Problem is that I do not have 2th edition abyssal book so do not have any clue about them besides 1st edition sources :P.

In second idea that we all are solars who happen wake up after long essence draining slumber......would it be possible to 'know' extra number of chamrs? Present past experience before the slumber but some charms we may not be able to use because our essence level had dropped dramatically. Or discount somesort to 're-learn' charms which you once knew (must select them in char creation).

Paladin

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 12, 2010, 06:20:37 PM
Well, I assume point of abyssal story is redemption somesort where in end (and beginning a new story line) we 'reborn' as solars. As in abyssal book it descriped (theorethical note, as no one, not even deathlords, know way to redemption) method how abyssal exalted can transform back to solar. Problem is that I do not have 2th edition abyssal book so do not have any clue about them besides 1st edition sources :P.

In second idea that we all are solars who happen wake up after long essence draining slumber......would it be possible to 'know' extra number of chamrs? Present past experience before the slumber but some charms we may not be able to use because our essence level had dropped dramatically. Or discount somesort to 're-learn' charms which you once knew (must select them in char creation).

I am working on figureing that out on idea 1 Zaer. Right now thoes, and this is to EVERYONE... this game is Still up in the air on if it will even be run at this time. I have to see what my summer work schedul is like. Its a factory job so I don't know how tiering or how much overtime they will work me.

Paladin

Ok guys also another note on Idea 1 and thats I am willing to go beyond the 5 character limit on that one. PM me if Interested in playing. I wantto could how many players we might have for that idea.

And in either case I will decide wich books you can use for character creation. I won't have someone munchkining on me with stuff from a book I don't have or havent read. If that happens I will kill said problem character in a the blink of an eye without remorse.

Nim

Would be interested if no one has any problems with the fact that I do not know all that much at all about Exalted.... Ok fine... so I don't really know anything about it except what I saw in Wiki.  LOL

Paladin

Newbies are always welcome

Delta Echo

Quote from: Paladin on May 12, 2010, 06:15:10 PM
Ok to make this easier I'm just going to say what Ideas I am willing to run, and you guys can pick.

1: The Exalteds wake up in a floating Castle in the sky with no memory of their past. This is not the reincarnation thing this is they have been asleep for ages. So long infact that while they slept safe high above creation, things below have not fared very well. Civilization as they know it has fallen into ruin. Cities no longer exist, whats left of humanity now clusters in small towns and villages for defense while plagues and monsters ravage the land. At the seat of power a Deathlord sits on the throne in whats left of the Imperial city while his knights roam the land meeting out whatever they think of as justice. Will the heroes regain their power and restore creation to what it once was?

(This one is a game where you all will start as beginning or near beginning characters (Havent decided yet). There is a But to this, and that is I am giving you an extra amount of dots to spend in backgrounds to represent items stored with you in your sleep. The reason for the making beginning or near beginning characters is because the flaoting castle in the sky where you have been sleeping has had to syphon your essence over the ages to stay up due to its essence crystal breaking.)

...Exalted meets Mad Max?  :D
O&O - A&A
Southern Gentleman of the Arcadia Clan.

"When the world is against you, find the passion of love to survive"

Paladin

No actually, I stole bits of it from an old NES game called Crystalis

Muse

So i'm honestly pretty down with this Crystalis bit.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Paladin

As I said folks, Drop me a PM if you are interested, and wich one you are interested in. This way I can easily keep track of who wants to play what. The one with the most votes will be the one played.

Paladin

OK so we have 2 Interested so far that have sent PM's and securred spots.

Paladin

Ok 3 have sent PM's and securred spots. So far it looks like the first Game idea is the one being voted for.

Ironwolf85

never played Exalted before... what's it about...
I remember some stuff about godlings and such
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Paladin

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on May 14, 2010, 09:19:59 AM
never played Exalted before... what's it about...
I remember some stuff about godlings and such

Well I've never been good at explaining the game itself. I will let Muse or someone else field this question.

OK Folks, we have 4 People signed up now.

Paladin

Ok Folks I have good news. I have decided to run this even if work is hell. I have made an OOC thread and will make a character thread later. For now heres the link to the OOC thread. Read what I have posted and start thinking.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=68987.msg3037316#msg3037316

Nim

Heya Paladin,  I've been looking at some of the information about Exalted and it all seems far more involved than I really have the time to put in my best efforts towards.  So I think at this point I shall respectfully bow out before I get in way over my head and drown trying to figure it all out well enough to play along in a decent fashion.  I wish you all lots of fun and good luck with your game. 

Paladin

Well thanks you for letting me know Nim. If you change your mind you aremore than welcome to come in.

Nim

Thank you Paladin.  I'll definitely keep that in mind.  I really would like to have a better understanding of this fighting system and everything before I even attempt to join in. 

Muse

The fighting system looks a lot harder than it is.  ^_^;;  Once you get a grip on the basics, it's mostly intuitive.  Unlike some of the earlier white wolf games, they present a lot of deatail in case of conflict and rule's lawyers. 

That said, mass combat and social combat I'm still learning myself. 

Would you like too get together in Im or PMs and let me show you? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Nim

Quote from: Muse on May 15, 2010, 07:15:31 PM
The fighting system looks a lot harder than it is.  ^_^;;  Once you get a grip on the basics, it's mostly intuitive.  Unlike some of the earlier white wolf games, they present a lot of deatail in case of conflict and rule's lawyers. 

That said, mass combat and social combat I'm still learning myself. 

Would you like too get together in Im or PMs and let me show you?

I truly appreciate the offer but it all really does boil down to the time it would take to learn the system and feel comfortable enough with it to play out an RP and make it enjoyable for everyone.  Im really horrible when it comes to fight systems.  My idea of a fighting game is Champions or return to arms.  Well that and the soul blade/soul calabur games. LOL.  Well I like oblivion and fall out 3 as well... but yeah anyway thank you for the offer I'll take a further look at the Exalted game but as it stands right now I feel like I would just hold up your game and that wouldn't be fair to any of the other players.   

Paladin

Ok Folks just so others know MY exalted game is now Closed. I have all the players I am accepting.