News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Swords and Lies (Temari Cruelty and Sherona)

Started by Sherona, May 17, 2008, 01:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherona

The practice fields rang with the sound of steel upon steel, clashes of swords and shields. The curses of the soldiers barely discernable amid the war cries and clanging metal. One might think that it would be hard to think, to concentrate amid the cacophony of sounds yet Marcus felt right at home as he watched the newer soldiers take blows from veterans.

"Elbows down De'Leon, your shield is no good if your arm is removed from your body!" He shouts to one, to another "Good Salliese, keep pressing the attack! Oh...Shake it off.." Moving along the duellers, offering praise and criticism as needed he stops when he comes to the last pair. This new one, a new Knight, was small in stature for the men around him. But what that did not sway Marcus' opinions, no it was not physical impressions that won the battle. Its grit, determination, and endurance mixed with a lot of cunning and a small amount of luck.

Swiping his chocolate brown bangs from his eyes, Marcus stands at an impressive six feet five inch frame, his blue eyes peircing as he nods. "Your up." He speaks to the smallish Knight.

Temari Cruelty

Temera, of the age of 20 now, sat with her training partner, waiting for the commander to come by. She stood at attention when he stopped in front of her, her hair cut to reach right at her neck, and a scarf on around her neck and covering her lower face. She was hiding some of her more feminine features, making her look male more then female, her voice already able to be pushed as a male, or a slightly weak throuted male at least.

She looked to her training partner and sighed, standing at the ready now. She held her shield on her back and her sword in two hands, which made for a very curious fighter. She held the handle with both hands and held it directly in front of her, at the best possible ninety degree angle she could. She waited for the initial strike and would roll to the side and hold her sword at the back of the others neck, showing she had decapitated him now.

She had a soft grin on her face, hidden by the scarf. The scarf was just a make sure that she would hide her face, but it wasn't truly needed. To the other soldiers her name wasn't Temera but Tinner, or Timothy which ever fit best to the person talking with her. She was a great soldier, and showed that, and worked hard at it too. She wanted to prove that she could do it, make her father proud of her.

After she removed her sword from behind the others neck, she bowed to him and then stood ready once more. She watched the male's eyes, knowing how to read them just before some one attack. There was always a glisten in a person's eye or eyes when they were going to attack, but the time between that glisten and their attack was very short. She saw the glisten and raised her sword to block his vertical attack, but got hit in her gut when the male launched a kick at her. She backed up and saw another glisten just a few centimeters from her face and looked to see the blade standing right in front of her. "Damn." She cursed under her breath and would wait for the commander's criticism about her conduct.

((I hope this is good?))
Disarm me, I will arise
Harm me, I will arise
Dismember me, I will arise
Kill me, I will arise
I am the one you fear;
I am the wilted rose...
I am Death

Sherona

Marcus crosses his arms, surprised that the knight had kept the scarf on his face. "Scarf off Timothy, or are you afraid you might catch cold?" His voice held no malice but quite a bit of scorn that most of the men joked and prodded each other with. "Good deflect, Rogier watch for his blindside!" this last was mentioned toward Timothy's partner.

When Rogier got a kick in, and managed to outmanuver the other, Marcus signaled with his weathered hand for Rogier to be dismissed. "Its odd that you do not use your shield Knight. The shield would have, if held properly, been able to deflect that kick that you never even saw coming..." Moving behind Timothy, Marcus lays a light hand on the others forarm, surprised at how smooth and soft the flesh there was. Yet there was only that slight hesitation before he was sliding the shield on the soldier's back towards his other arm.

"You must learn to use both in tandem. Sure, two handed strikes are more powerful, but they are clumsy. It is the dexterity to wield two objects that win the battles. Your shield can save your life, and can even be a weapon in the right circumstances." His voice was firm but gentle, at once gritty but flowing. He hoped that the surprise of how slight this man's body was did nto appear on his face. He had known small men, but in his line of work it is generally the brawny large ones who made it this far.

Temari Cruelty

She watched as the commander felt her arm and blushed under neath her scarf. She let out a steady sigh and moved the scarf off her face, but kept it around her neck. "No, sir. I just find the scarf....comfortable." She said with a nervous chuckle, feeling the eyes of the other soldiers on her. She was starting to feel a bit worried about the commander touching her body and felt as if she should move away from him, but held her status where she was. "I know this sir, but..." She started, and looked to her arm with the shield on her. "I defend better when I dodge, and can get more of my attacks in faster if I have both hands free." She explained.

She looked to the other men and then to the ground in front of her, feeling out of place again. She normally felt like this when she was training, and was scared she might blow her cover. "My father had trained me as a young boy with only a stick in my hand...er, practice sword, I mean." She said, not having to change her voice, it being hard to tell she was female by it any way. "From that I grew used to working with both hands wielding the same weapon and nothing else, sir." She finished, but did not move the shield off her arm.

She glanced to the sky, with out moving her head, noticing it was almost midday now. "Um...sir, shouldn't we be breaking for the day?" She asked, glancing at the commander now. She wanted to go now, and it was about time for them to finish this day, though they were aloud to come and train freely anyway.
Disarm me, I will arise
Harm me, I will arise
Dismember me, I will arise
Kill me, I will arise
I am the one you fear;
I am the wilted rose...
I am Death