News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Drow: An Interest Check

Started by Krayz, June 11, 2010, 05:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krayz

Waiting on a third Matron, elfguy, but thanks for checking in :D

Ironwolf85

oh @!#$ He might qualify for a Psionic monk prestige class
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Angi

I wish I knew someone who could join as a Matron :/ I wanna get this thing started already xD

Krayz

Well, I'm working on the map at the moment, but I'd really kill to have one more Matron =/

NicciKotor

I'll think about joining in as a young Matron. I know enough of drow society to know that they are a matriarchy with matron mothers being on the top of the family structure and what have you.

What I don't have the willpower for is reading through 4 pages of previous commentary. If I could get a base summary of what is going on, would be very nice.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Krayz

Just character sheets, House descriptions, and chatter. There's not a specific plot you need to look into, either.

The gist of the story is a drow city divided by a few great Houses and the priesthood, along with a mercenary band and a powerful archmage. Aside from that, it's just everyday drow life (which is about one step above BDSM and universal sociopathy xD).

NicciKotor

So are we actually making characters or just freeform and relaxed atmosphere?

Zaer Darkwail

Well, up to you. You can 'create' char like in real game if it helps to better visualize powers/limits what your matron mother is able to pull off personal level. But it is likely mostly freeform with 'guidance' provided by DnD system to know our limits of abilities (working as 'power checker').

Krayz

Yeah, think of your character as a level 20 whatever-you-are, and that'll let you know what spells you can use, etc.

NicciKotor

Krayz

We have a character sheet and a summary sheet for Houses one or two pages back :D

Krayz

Name:Akai’zhar Fetear 
Race:Drow
Profession: Necromancer

History:Akai’zhar was born the son of a commoner drow, his mother a priestess of Lloth. He never knew his mother until he grew far older, but he grew to despise the rule of the Matrons and the priesthood quite early in his life. He was born with a talent for the magical arts, and many say that it was his dislike of the priesthood that he chose to study the arts of necromancy, an area considered the domain of the divine.

Despite this, Akai’zhar grew to be a powerful necromancer, and singlehandedly became a force to be reckoned with in the city of Che’elde’xal. As his power grew, so too did the number of servants he gathered, until underneath the drow city grew a shadowy realm of the dead, the entrance hidden by the supposed home of the necromancer.

Akai’zhar’s powerful forces allowed him to become a powerful ally or a dangerous enemy to even the great Matrons of the city, and so to this day he is considered a dangerous piece on the board of Che’elde’xal’s great games.

Personality:The question people often ask about Akai’zhar is whether he is an absolute genius or an absolute lunatic. The best answer would likely be both. He is a dangerous opponent, incredibly clever and as heartless as the dead that he commands. He is also terribly vicious, even by the standards of the drow, the necromancer getting immense pleasure out of bringing agony and shame to those he detests. And of all those that the mad drow despises, none rank higher than the priesthood of Lloth. He hates their control of drow society with a passion bordering on holy, and enjoys nothing more than finding ways to bring female drow to their knees.

Akai’zhar is quite charming, despite being utterly mad. His charisma is such that it is easy to find one forgetting just how ruthless the necromancer is. Despite his questionable sanity, Akai’zhar is far from foolish, never letting impatience drive him to make mistakes. It is only through his control that he manages to survive in a world ruled by his enemies, making sure that he balances his value and threat to the powerful Matrons so they do not band together to crush him before he fulfills his ambition of their downfall.

Krayz

Just keeping this alive, so people don't forget it while we wait for our third Matron (hopefully) to finish up :)

Vergil1989

If this doesn't pick up soon, I don't think it ever will Krayz.  I don't want to sound rude or anything like that, but you've tried this twice already?  Both times it didn't pick up.  Third times a charm I know, but it doesn't look like it's going to work this time either.  Maybe it's the storm we're having here playing havoc with my mood, but that's just my opinion.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Krayz

We have a full cast, save one =/ And one person has said that they'll fill that spot. We're literally waiting on that one character and House, and we're ready ._.

Angi

-gives Vergil a happy pill- Cheer up, emo kid...

Angi

Krayz

Krayz

Aight, screw it.

We're going to start in a matter of days. I need to get the map and the story, based on what we have, together.

So, hopefully, people are still watching this. Anyone still interested, let me know =D

Vergil1989

FINALLY!  Hopefully I'll be able to keep up because I'm already in a ton of RPs, waiting around for this one to pick up at last, so if I don't reply right away, I apologize in advance.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Krayz

Great to see you, Verg =D

I was hoping to add one more Matron to the mix, but in a way a one-on-one with drow-style politics will be very interesting, lol. It'll give the role of the priesthood and the mercenaries more influence, as well.

Zaer Darkwail

I do not mind mercenaries having bit bigger role :).

Ironwolf85

I'm looking foreward to this
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Krayz

Che'elde'xal: City of Might

1) The Temple of Lloth is the centre of worship of the Spider Queen in the city. While the two Houses, in their perpetual state of cold war, are the two most powerful forces in the city, the priesthood is a close third, and it lacks the direct opposition of an equal that House Noqulyl or House Torvirr are faced with in each other. Shapes as an enormous spider, with a number of barracks and outbuildings for storage and the common soldiery, it is one of the largest structures in the city.

2) House Noqulyl is one of the two great Houses that arose from the wars that led to the formation of Che’elde’xal. Noqulyl lives, like many noble Houses, in a compound crafted from large stalagmites, surrounded by fences of forged mithral and adamantine. Noqulyl is situated on one of the two large bluffs that fill the cavern of the city, and it is surrounded by the housing of those employed by or followers of the House.

3) Like its rival, House Torvirr is a fenced compound of stalagmite towers, and has existed since the founding of the city. Surrounding it on its plateau are its followers and servants, as well as businesses funded and run by the House.

4) The Towers of Wizardry are a number of hollowed-out stalagmites, connected by a series of magically-crafted stone causeways. They are the centre of magical education and research in Che’elde’xal, one of the few places that mages of the two great Houses can meet without there being a high risk of violence, as the laws of the ruling archmages forbid such House politics from interfering in their school.

5) The Tar’annen D’ Skikudis Orbben Compound is home of the largest company of soldiers for hire in Che’elde’xal, known for their efficiency, skill and good leadership.

6) The Port district of the city has been one of the most common battlegrounds between the two great Houses of the city, as whoever controls the Port controls the taxing of the goods that pass through it on their way to and from the Great Dark Sea.  Currently, House Torvirr has capitalized on their closer proximity to hold control of the Port, though it has changed hands like this for millennia.

7) The Tower of Akai’zhar Fetear stands upon the edge of the cliff overlooking the Port district, belonging to the powerful drow that it is named for. Again, a crafted stalagmite, the tower is fairly impressive. Underneath the tower is his true demesne, however; a network of caverns underneath, surrounding a central chamber, that are populated by the necromancer’s undead minions.

8) The Assassin’s Guild is the centre of the majority of hired killers that Che’elde’xal has to offer. While the occasional assassin functions outside of the rule of the guild, most of these independent assassins find themselves dead without the support of a more powerful patron to protect them from the powerful guild.

9) Noqulyl Colliseum is just east of the House’s compound, a large structure constructed by the House where they put dozens of slaves to death every day in mortal combat for the entertainment of the paying audience. Even some members of House Torvirr travel through the territory of their rival (with considerable guard and caution) to observe the gruesome contests.

10) The Crossed Blades Tavern is settled in the north of the plateau controlled by House Noqulyl, and serves as the most common leisure spot for the common soldiery of Noqulyl. Known for its rough and rowdy crowds, the Crossed Blades is aptly named.

11) Noqulyl Market is where House Noqulyl sells the variety of goods that it gathers through its various ventures. Many of the things sold here are weapons and armour, taken from those who have died or been captured in Noqulyl raids.

12) Torvirr Slave Auction is where the raw, untrained slaves taken in by the Torvirr House are turned out, some of the best slaves in the northern Underdark. A proper Torvirr slave is a quality asset worth transporting across large portions of the Underdark to be sold to wealthy buyers from a variety of cities (and even species).

13) The Embrace of the Mistress Inn is run by the Torvirr House, and aside from serving food and drink, and providing bedding, it is a place for drow to go in order to find ‘entertainment’ that might be considered exotic by surface standards. It provides a number of male drow to be used by any who pay the price, as well as a number of trained dommes.

14) The Handless Gnome Bar is settled within the Warrens, and is where most of the poorer commoners go when they want a drink. It’s crowded, and hardly a quality establishment, but as a result, it also makes it an ideal nest for criminals and swindlers.

15) The Silken Web Inn, conversely, is the finest independent establishment in Che’elde’xal, settled in the Grand Market. It features fine cuisine, bedding spun from spider silk, and the service of Torvirr-trained slaves bound even further enchantments cast by the owner, a sorcerer of some repute.

16) The Maze of Pillars stands just east of the Towers of Wizardry, a small forest of enormous stalagmites. Both the Towers of Wizardry and that of Akai’zhar have been built from an offshoot of the Maze that has been, for the most part, broken down.

17) The Mushroom Fields, as they’re commonly known, are the primary source of food in Che’elde’xal, where farmers raise a cornucopia of fungal species and the herd animals known as rothe.

18) The Warrens are the home of the majority of the commoners of Che’elde’xal, as well as many of the foreign visitors to the city, who are mostly unwelcome in the heights that are under the direct rule of the two noble Houses. Of the entire city, the Warrens are the freest from the dominion of the Houses, as they pay little attention to the poor rabble that dwell there.

19) The Grand Market lies east of the Warrens, and it is the centre of free trade within Che’elde’xal. Outsiders sell their wares here, to the local population or to the wealthy drow merchant families that dwell in their own private compounds within the Market.

And it appears that we are essentially ready. Everyone repost their character sheet on this page please, so everyone can check them quickly, and we can begin. Nonconsentual Exotic covers everything, I think, and I'll post a link here once everyone's sheet is here. As well, post if your character is a member or affiliate of either one of the Houses in particular please.

Vergil1989

Name: Ziva Torvirr  (Translation of last name.  Mistresses of Dominance.)
Race: Drow
Profession: Matron Mother

History: Ziva was quick to rise through her family's hierachy, always staying a step ahead of her two sisters and one brother who all wanted to be the most favored.  Showing a ruthless streak that made some Drow look mild in comparison, Ziva used her unholy powers to dispose of the competition as she saw fit.  Her brother had an unfortunate 'accident' at the hands of a Drider.  Her older sister was found with her throat slit and her bed mate holding the dagger, (who Ziva had enchanted to do the deed for her with the clever use of a mind altering posion and a few spells for good measure.)  The younger sister was wise enough to keep out of the spotlight after that.  Their mother enjoyed the fact that Ziva was so clever, although losing the mostly useless male hadn't been the hard loss, but the sister on the other hand wasn't so easily forgotten.  Ziva knew she might have acted too quickly, even by Drow standards of striking when an opportunity presented itself, and the House almost paid for it when a lesser rival tried to take advantage of the loss of their high priestess.  Lolth had smiled on Ziva though and had given her the strength to hold the line with the soldiers of the house.  During the confusion, the Matron took a bad fall and happened to land on a sword...  The rest is history.
Personality:  Cruel and not above using her body as a weapon as well as the whip and sword she keeps on her person at all times.  Ziva is a powerful force to be reckoned with and she has yet to lose a contest of wills against any one Drow female, her personality demanding that others scrape and beg for her very presence, let alone favor.  Very domineering when the occasion calls for it, and it usually does all the time with her.

Thanks for such a good variety of stuff there my friend.  Not sure if I can run it all by myself but I'll certainly try lol.