A Call For Heroes (Scion)- Looking for two players.

Started by Alysanthia, September 27, 2011, 08:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alysanthia

Gifted is what you were always lead to believe, that your talents and abilities were all just luck. But something inside kept hinting that you are different, that nothing is as it seems in this world you live in; that something or someone out knows this too. You are a Scion, a child of the gods of old gifted with strengths and powers that none could have imaged. Your parents hoping that you choose the path that they secretly pave for you to follow,  while you hope to one day live up to their expectations and receive your rightful place as a true god.

But things are dark in the world; strange happenings are plaguing those of similar births like your own.  A Scion of Miclantecuhtli is rising in power, the head of a major medical research company he delights in seeing people literally sell their souls to him for the help that they need. Yet as of late he has been craving more power, to be the most powerful god alive and have all worship him; to thank him for the gifts that he so shamelessly offers to the highest bidder instead of those more deserving.

For the last few years he has been targeting fellow Scions, either wining them over to his cause or killing them for defying him. Many have lost their lives in fighting him and his minions, protestors disappearing, lawyers suddenly involved in car crashes, even doctors that have worked for the company for years being murdered in cold blood. The gods are furious with Miclantecuhti’s Scion and demand that something be done; they turn to you now. For you to find a way to end this madman’s plot. Leaving little clues for you to follow and hopefully not be swayed by this cruel man’s twisted words…

I am looking for ten players (preferably with basic knowledge of the game), five good guys and five bad guys or however the events play out I just do not want to see more good guys than bad guys; as well as one other person to co-run the game. Also I would also really like to see some Pantheon diversity and there not be four Scions from the Greek and seven from The Loa.

Each player will be starting out at Hero level and as the story progresses I will throw out an important quest to raise the players up to Demigod status and then you will be allowed to acquire new powers or weapons.

Character Sheet
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Player:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Calling:[/b]
[b]Nature:[/b]
[b]Pantheon:[/b]
[b]God:[/b]
[b]Birthrights:[/b] (Only two)
[b]Weapons: [/b] (Be reasonable)
[b]Knacks:[/b]  (Three)
[b]Virtues:[/b] (Two)
[b]Boons: [/b] (Three)
[b]Appearance: [/b]
[b]Background:[/b]

Major Pantheons

Aesir
Baldur: God of the sun, known for his handsomeness, genial nature, and valiant ways in battle.
Freya: Goddess of war and beauty, she is both fierce in battle and sensitive to those in need.
Freyr: God of fertility, he brings fortune to those blessed by him.
Frigg: Queen of the Aesir and mother of Baldur, she is capable of seeing the fates of all.
Heimdall: Guard of Bifrost, the road into Asgard, he sees and hears all.
Hel: Queen of the Underworld, she is without passion for anything, even existing.
Loki: God of fire and mischief, he is bound and determined to create havoc anywhere he goes.
Njord: God of the sea.
Odin: All-Father of the Aesir, he cares for little else except the end of the world in spite of his great vision.
Sif: Goddess of grain and wife of Thor, her beauty hides a great intelligence.
Thor: God of thunder and husband of Sif, he is the greatest warrior of the Aesir.
Tyr: God of justice and war and son of Odin, he observes all carefully before coming to a final decision.

Amatsukami
Amaterasu: Goddess of the sun and Queen of the Heavenly Plain, fascinated by grace and beauty.
Hachiman: Lord of war, fishing nets, and fertile fields, he brings change and practicality.
Izanagi: The first man and Lord of the sky, he is depressed by the loss of his beloved wife.
Izanami: The first woman and Queen of the Underworld, she bears a grudge against the other Amatsukami.
Raiden: Lord of thunder and lightning, he is as boorish as he is powerful.
Susano-o: Lord of sea and storms, he lives for excitement and danger.
Tsuki-Yomi: God of the moon, he is a messenger who brings periodical inspiration to others.

Atzalnti
Huitzilopochtli: God of war and the sun, he thrives on blood and rage.
Miclántecuhtli: God of the dead and spirits, he enjoys crushing the dreams of others.
Quetzalcoátl: God of beauty and art, he seeks to inspire and raise humanity to its peak.
Tezcatlipoca: God of fate, he revels in having mortals creating disorder and destroying themselves.
Tlaloc: God of rain and clouds, he brings balance to both the gods and mortals.
Tlazoltéotl: Goddess of filth, she hopes to expose the darkest secrets within everything.
Xipe Totec: God of maize and growth, he bears the faces of others to do his work.

Dodekatheon
Aphrodite: Goddess of love and beauty, her fickleness and shallow attitude are legendary.
Apollo: God of the sun and art, he always speaks truths others may not want to hear.
Ares: God of war, he thinks of little other than violence and bloodshed.
Artemis: Goddess of the moon and the hunt, she thrives on constant change.
Athena: Goddess of wisdom, she is the most well-rounded, but as prone to pride as the others.
Dionysus: God of wine, he brings both revelry and chaos in his presence.
Hades: God of death and Lord of the Underworld, he is full of doom and gloom.
Hephaestus: God of the forge, he can create anything so long as he has the right tools.
Hera: Queen of the Dodekatheon and goddess of marriage, she has a legendary temper that even makes her husband tremble.
Hermes: Messenger of the Dodekatheon and god of thieves and tricksters, he is not above tricking his fellow gods.
Poseidon: God of the seas, he rages to save the natural world from humanity's mistakes.
Zeus: King of the Dodekatheon and god of thunder and lightning, he unable to keep his hands (or anything else, it seems) to himself.

Loa
Agwe: God of the oceans.
Baron Samedi: God of death, who finds it a never-ending party.
Damballa: Father of the Loa and the god of creativity and sexuality, he is extremely primal in action and appearance.
Erzulie: Goddess of love, she shows the three faces of lust, compassion, and loneliness.
Kalfu: God of darkness and twin of Legba, he manipulates both ambition and luridness within mortals.
Legba: God of light and twin of Kalfu, he guides and guards the pathways of those in his protection.
Ogoun:God of iron, he brings authority and power to those in battle.
Shango: God of thunder, he both helps and brings balance to humanity.

Pesedjet
Anubis: Judge of the Underworld.
Atum-Re: God of the sun.
Bastet: Goddess of cats.
Geb: God of the earth.
Horus: God of justice and son of Osiris and Isis.
Isis: Goddess of magic and wife of Osiris.
Osiris: Lord of the Underworld and husband of Isis.
Ptah: God of artistry.
Set: God of disease and murderer of Osiris.
Sobek: God of crocodiles.
Thoth: God of scribes.

Minor Pantheons

Tuatha de Danann
Aengus: God of youth and love.
Brigid: Goddess of healers and smiths.
The Dagda: Warrior and former king of the Tuatha.
Danu: Goddess of creation.
Dian Cécht: God of healing.
Lugh: God of versatility.
Manannán Mac Lir: God of the sea and ferryman to the underworld.
The Morrigan: Goddess of violence and fertility, and a powerful seer.
Nuada: King of the Tuatha.
Ogma: God of learning.

Celestial Bureaucracy
Chang'e: Cold-hearted goddess of the moon and wife of Houyi.
Fuxi: The First Sovereign, who lead humanity to culture and refinement. Husband of Nüwa.
Guan Yu: The current Jade Emperor, with a gift for strategy.
Guanyin: The deeply compassionate goddess of mercy.
Houyi: The stubborn god of the sun and husband of Chang'e.
Huang Di: The Yellow Emperor, who believes China shall rule over all.
Nezha: The talented but petulant adventurer.
Nüwa: Another goddess of the moon, who enjoys travel and shaping the land. Wife of Fuxi.
Shennong: The Second Sovereign, and the divine inventor of medicine and agriculture.
Sun Wukong: The mischievous and clever Monkey King.
Xiwangmu: The Queen Mother of the West and manipulator of Fate.
Yanluo: The Overseer of Di Yu, the Hell of China.

Devas
Agni: The Sacred Fire, god of sacrifice.
Brahma: The Creator, one of the Trimurti.
Ganesha: The elephant-headed god of good luck and wisdom.
Indra: God of war and weather.
Kali: Goddess of annihilation.
Lakshmi: Goddess of fortune.
Parvati: The incarnation of shakti, or feminine energy. Wife of Shiva and mother of Ganesha.
Sarasvati: Goddess of artists.
Shiva: The Destroyer, one of the Trimurti.
Surya: God of the sun.
Vishnu: The Preserver, one of the Trimurti.
Yama: The lord of the dead

Yazata
Anahita: Goddess of water.
Ard: Goddess of fortune and luck.
Haoma: Warrior of the Yazata.
Mah: Goddess of the moon.
Mithra: God of contracts, truth, and law. Current pantheon head.
Sraosha: God of obedience.
Tishtrya: God of rain and the star Sirius.
Vahram: God of victory and triumph.
Vanu: God of wind and air.
Zam: Goddess of earth.

Historic Pantheons

Atlantean
Amnis: Goddess of rivers, wife of Badarus.
Badarus: Head of the pantheon, god of the seas, husband of Amnis.
Demosia: Goddess of the moon, wife of Kuros.
Heshon: Goddess of luck and plenty, wife of Skaft.
Kuros: God of winds and messenger of the gods, husband of Demosia.
Skaft: God of tools and technology, husband of Heshon.
Versak: God of truth and death.

Yankee
Betsy Ross: Scion of Columbia, she represents the power of domesticity and home.
Br'er Rabbit: A former Cherokee god known for his cunning and trickery.
Columbia: Scion of Athena and sister to Britannia and Marianne, she represents the spirit of exploration.
John Henry: The most physical of the pantheon, he represents good old-fashioned labor.
Johnny Appleseed: Feeder of the hungry and provider to those in need.
Paul Bunyan: Legendary lumberjack capable of altering the land.
Pecos Bill: God of cowboys and the ultimate risk taker.
Rosie the Riveter: Suffragette turned protector of women and women's rights.
Uncle Sam: Current president of the pantheon, he encourages patriotism and strategic thinking.

Allied

British Pantheon
Britanna: Scion of Athena and sister to Columbia and Marianne. She embraces law and the power of the seas.
John Bull: The British everyman, who inspires ordinary people to extraordinary measures.
Robin Hood: The legendary archer and thief who works to help the oppressed.

French Pantheon
D’Artagnan: Former Scion who now leads battles against the enemy.
Madame Guillotine: She seeks out and destroys the traitors among her own people.
Marianne: Scion of Athena and sister to Britannia and Columbia. She seeks to strengthen the ordinary people.

Soviet Pantheon
Baba Yaga: Hag of Russia, who uses curses to slow invaders and protect her homeland.
The Citizen: A collective of the ordinary Soviet citizen who seeks to protect the ways of Communism.
Rodina Mat: She hopes for a glorious new life for her people ... once the war is over with.

Out of Character Thread

Professor Loki Caprion

I, um... *Cough* I may actually come out of retirement, for this one.
The Professor is drifting through time and space...

Discord: Professor Ravenhurst#8936

Ons/Offs | Ideas | A&As (Apr 28, 2016) | The Lab | Elluiki

meikle

I think this sounds like it could be a lot of fun!  I don't love the Scion system, but I do enjoy the setting.

I'd be pretty interested in playing a Scion of Baron Samedi -- the voudon religion is one that I find really interesting (in fact it was a big part of what motivated me to study religion in college!) -- but I suppose if I had to I could figure something else out, too.
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

yesiroleplay

Scion!  I had a cowboy scion once that I never really got to play.  His papa was Mithra, of the Yazata pantheon.
He was a college athlete - a rodeo cowboy in several events including bulldogging - a homage to one of the Yazata creation myths that the world was made from the corpse of the Divine Bull, wrestled down and killed by Mithra and his brothers.

I'd like to give him another try - as he never was properly played

Thufir Hawat

A Scion of Morrigan might be fun, too >:)!
Not sure whether to express interest officially, but I'll consider it for sure. Not a fan of the system either, so I don't think I've ever used the book ;)!
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

Vaulera

I'm interested but what is the scion system?

yesiroleplay

It's a variant of the storyteller system common to the various World of Darkness games, Exalted, etc.  Lots of dots.

bubby

It looks so nifty! But I have no clue!

Heeee..

Good luck sweetness!

meikle

Quote from: yesiroleplay on September 28, 2011, 04:41:31 PM
It's a variant of the storyteller system common to the various World of Darkness games, Exalted, etc.  Lots of dots.

Though the character sheet outline presented in the OP makes it look like she's not intending to use the system (not as it is in the book, anyway).  I think.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Professor Loki Caprion

Quote from: meikle on September 28, 2011, 04:43:42 PM
Though the character sheet outline presented in the OP makes it look like she's not intending to use the system (not as it is in the book, anyway).  I think.

From what I understand (being as she's my RL girlfriend and I'm the one who taught her Scion), she's using the setting, but it's not really a "system game." But I may be mistaken!

Also, you may wanna check the thing I'm about to post in her A/A!

yesiroleplay

Quote from: meikle on September 28, 2011, 04:43:42 PM
that outline pretty closely follows the system actually - just using numbers rather than dots.

Cold Heritage

If it's freeform, I may be interested. I've long wanted to play a Soviet Scion, but their PSP is . . . poor.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

yesiroleplay

AndyZ

Interested but no major ideas yet for a character.

Should we make up a full character sheet or just what's listed for the stuff?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Thufir Hawat

If it's freeform, I'll definitely pass on it. So either me or Cold heritage is going to pass on it ;D.
Given what Professor Loki Caprion said, it's probably going to be me.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Professor Loki Caprion

Quote from: Cold Heritage on September 28, 2011, 09:14:35 PM
If it's freeform, I may be interested. I've long wanted to play a Soviet Scion, but their PSP is . . . poor.

... Dumb question! What's a PSP?

Also, I talked to Alysanthia last night (she's still without computer), and she says we're not using the actual rules system for the game; just it's setting and some of the powers. She also says dice may be used to determine contested outcomes, but no actual character sheets or stats have to be assigned.

I'm more of a free-former, myself; even when I run Scion in real life, the dice are rarely picked up.

Miyu

Dammit a lot of interest is it full already? or did I not read it in time, pleassse tell me it's rather empty I have knowledge on the system and had a couple of adventures with RL friends and stuff.

Cold Heritage

Professor Loki Caprion

Quote from: Cold Heritage on September 29, 2011, 05:44:13 PM
Pantheon Specific Purview.

Oh, yes. Civitas isn't great. I wish each of the Allied Pantheons had their own purview instead of the "shared" one. I don't really care much for Industry, either, come to think of it.

Quote from: Miyu on September 29, 2011, 05:38:57 PM
Dammit a lot of interest is it full already? or did I not read it in time, pleassse tell me it's rather empty I have knowledge on the system and had a couple of adventures with RL friends and stuff.

As far as I know, there's nothing been officially decided, since Aly is without computer and nobody has given any concrete answers, yet.

Miyu

If you guys wish I can make a rather different story on Scion so you can have your fix until she comes back, then you can either stay with me or go with both of us or leave mine or whatever. I am thinking of making it into a highschool rp all Scions being teens and having to hide their unique background from people students and teachers alike. Of course I will put a plot to deepen in but for now that is what I have in mind if anybody thinks it's a good idea.

Cold Heritage

Quote from: Professor Loki Caprion on September 29, 2011, 06:15:04 PM
Oh, yes. Civitas isn't great. I wish each of the Allied Pantheons had their own purview instead of the "shared" one. I don't really care much for Industry, either, come to think of it.

I feel the same way. I wish the Russians had a full write-up on their own, with pre- and post-Communist deities.

I have a soft spot in my heart for Industry's ultimate power. I think it's kind of cool to have gods who could throw around atomic forces, but maybe that's just me reading too much Atomika.

Professor Loki Caprion

Quote from: Miyu on September 29, 2011, 06:20:48 PM
If you guys wish I can make a rather different story on Scion so you can have your fix until she comes back, then you can either stay with me or go with both of us or leave mine or whatever. I am thinking of making it into a highschool rp all Scions being teens and having to hide their unique background from people students and teachers alike. Of course I will put a plot to deepen in but for now that is what I have in mind if anybody thinks it's a good idea.

Not bad! Though I definitely suggest making another interest thread for that.

Quote from: Cold Heritage on September 29, 2011, 06:25:53 PM
I feel the same way. I wish the Russians had a full write-up on their own, with pre- and post-Communist deities.

I have a soft spot in my heart for Industry's ultimate power. I think it's kind of cool to have gods who could throw around atomic forces, but maybe that's just me reading too much Atomika.

While I don't like Iundustry as a whole, "The Project" is one of my favourite of the Scion powers!  >:)

Miyu

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Professor Loki Caprion on September 29, 2011, 05:08:11 PM
... Dumb question! What's a PSP?

Also, I talked to Alysanthia last night (she's still without computer), and she says we're not using the actual rules system for the game; just it's setting and some of the powers. She also says dice may be used to determine contested outcomes, but no actual character sheets or stats have to be assigned.

I'm more of a free-former, myself; even when I run Scion in real life, the dice are rarely picked up.
Thank you for the info! I'm obviously out, but I wish you lots of fun with the game ;)!

Quote from: Miyu on September 29, 2011, 05:38:57 PM
As far as I'm concerned, you can just have my place, provided Alysanthia is fine with it, too :D!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Alysanthia

Oh wow! So many interests!

My computer lives again, some how! *Thinks the magical technology fairies came and visited in the night.*

I will be posting a character sheet to give you all an idea!

So far we have (if reading correctly)

• Professor Caprion-???

• Meikle-  Scion of Baron Samedi

• Yesiroleplay-  Scion of Mithra

• Thufir Hawat- Scion of Morrigan?

• Cold Heritage- Soviet Scion?

• AndyZ-???

• Miyu-???

• Hitura-???

So that is eight interested, and I'd like two more to give the good guys/bad guys an even group. Also I will have two characters in the game a; good guy and the main bad guy.

meikle

Hooray, she lives!

If you're going for even Good/Evil types, I don't think I'd mind playing on either side, whichever makes things easier to set up. :)

O and O and Discord
A and A

Miyu

Alysanthia

Quote from: meikle on September 30, 2011, 03:32:08 PM
Hooray, she lives!

If you're going for even Good/Evil types, I don't think I'd mind playing on either side, whichever makes things easier to set up. :)

I'd like to know who is or would like to play the villains/goodies before saying what I'd prefer at the moment. (Also figuring out the Scions would help with that decision.)

Quote from: Miyu on September 30, 2011, 03:32:27 PM
What is the age limits in here?

No one younger than the age of 21, and it does look like I left 'age' off of the character list which I will be fixing.

Miyu

I have a girl from Bastet, I could alter her story and age if you wish

Alysanthia

Scion of Bastet is great. :)

Here is my Scion of Freya, to give an example of the character sheet.

Edith Geir

Name: Edith Geir

Player: Alysanthia

Calling: Revenge

Nature: Caregiver

Pantheon: The Aesir

God: Freya
Birthrights: Creature- Arctic Fox(Guide)  Relic- Sword
Weapons: 9mm  Hi-Power Mark III, Browning  GLOCK 31 .357 GLOCK 33 .357

Knacks: Trick Shooter, Blessing of Importance, Serpent’s Gaze

Virtues: Endurance and Loyalty

Boons: War (Battle Cry) Fertility(Cleanse) Health (Blessing of Health/Curse of Frailty)

Appearance: A pale enchantress is how many would describe the Estonian native. Edith at times uses this to her advantage, wearing different and unique outfits, mainly sticking to though garments that allow her to move quickly in a fight. Edith has long nearly white blond hair, this paired with her haunting blue eyes, will often lure men in with a sense of security for the child of Freya knows how to take advantage of a situation. 

Background: Edith was born in a small town in Estonia, her father the local gunsmith kept a sharp and protective eye on his only child. But Edith was a free spirit, always running to explore the nearby woods and as she grew many in the town began to notice the youth’s beauty. This of course made Leif extremely nervous so he enrolled his daughter in self-defense classes.  Edith excelled with almost an unnatural talent, the instructor often commenting that the young girl was her best student, and as she grew Edith curious of the world outside the small Estonian village.

When she turned fifteen Leif allowed her to go to the neighboring town to pick up a shipment of new ammo for the shop, while gone though a group of strange men entered Leif’s shop. Not saying anything they opened fired and this was the bloodbath Edith came home too. Her father barely breathing told Edith everything, how her mother was different and so was she. With his dying breath he warned the frightened teen that the men would come back for her; that someone was killing people like her and she needed to get somewhere safe.

Scared she ran to the only place that would give her a sense of safety, the self-defense class room. Finding the instructor alone for once, Edith told the woman everything and broke down in tears. The teacher only held the sobbing girl tightly till a loud banging was heard then gunshots, frightened Edith ran as her teacher told her to. Heading to the woods she hid in a hallowed out tree, the cold slowly getting to her she waited for hours. Finally hearing someone call her name, she figured it was someone from the village. Instead it was one of the men that killed her father and instructor, grabbing a nearby limb Edith figured if she was to die that she would die fighting. Only able to land two blows to the killer’s body he angrily bashed the girl over the head and took aim with his gun.

With slurred words Edith prayed for someone to save her, and at that moment her prayers were answered. In a blinding light she was saved the man’s body incinerated and there in the cold forest, Edith was face to face with her mother Freya. For hours the Goddess explained all that had happened, and why they were after the girl, gifting Edith with a sword and a personal guide she bid her child the best of luck.
That there would be others out to get her or help, but as she grew older Freya said that Edith would be able to get revenge….

Miyu

Miyu

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Chloe Johnson
Personality: She is a firecracker, she is the type of girl that it's not afraid to do whatever she wants whenever she wants it. She does care about her friends, she is extremely loyal to anybody that she considers a friend and always tries her best to protect them. She loves her friends and family with all their heart and she will often do whatever she needs to protect them.
Likes: Music, Computers, Singing, Reading, Beach, Sex, Skating, Surfing, Extreme sports
Dislikes: Bullies, Rude People, Gross stuff, Extreme blood on her body.
Kinks: Rough Sex, Anal, Spanking, Toys, Masturbation, Oral
Limits: Gore, Vore, Bestiality, Scat.
Bio: She was born in Miami, ever since little she always has been up to par to what she is and who her parents were. She did not thought much of it and decided to just enjoy her life as best as she could. Grabbing a love for every extreme sport she could think of going to everything she could think of. In her eyes there wasn't anything she could not do so she tried it all from jumping out of a plane to swimming with sharks she done it all in her young life. Graduating with honors from high school she decided to just enjoy life until something happened to make her advert her ways. Life was something to enjoy so she would enjoy it as best as she could not knowing what it's really happening. 

Calling:  Extreme Sports Punk
Pantheon: The Pesedjet ( The Egyptian Gods)
Nature: Bravo
God: Bastet

Attributes

Strength: X X X
Dexterity: X X X X / (Epic 1)
Stamina: X X X X/ (Epic 1)

Charisma: X X X/ (Epic 1)
Manipulation: X X
Appearance: X X X X/

Perception: X X X (Epic 1)
Intelligence: X
Wits: X X X (Epic 1)

Abilities (* Behind the Ability for the favored by your god)
Academics: x x x
Animal Ken:
Art: x x x
x
*Athletics:  x x x x x
*Awareness:  x x x x x
*Brawl: x x x x
Command:
Control:
x
Craft:
x
x
Empathy:
Fortitude: x x x
Integrity:
Investigation:
*Larceny: x x x
Marksmanship: X X
Medicine:
Melee:
Occult: x x
Politics:
Presence:
Science: x
x
x
*Stealth: x x x
*Survival: x x x
Thrown:
Birthright
Guide: XXX (Still not sure)
Relic: XX X (Water, Fire) (A Tattoo on her back)

Knacks
Cats Grace
Self- Healing
Charmer
Refined Palate
Social Chameleon

Boons
Animal (Cat): x
Moon: x
Sun: x
Water: x
Fire: X

Virtues
Conviction : x x x
Harmony: x x
Order:  x
Piety : x x x

Willpower x x x x x x
Legend 3 (I made this on my rp that base legend was 2, I can lower it once I know if base legend its 1)
Legend Points 9

Alysanthia

Quote from: Miyu on September 30, 2011, 03:55:34 PM
Any minimun legend?

Though not listed on the character sheet, and I wasn't really going to bother with legend points and the like because it isn't going to be a serious 'system-based' game. I will only ask for rolls when something is going down, like battling a major enemy or I feel that in order to be fair in a fight the two in battle will roll to see who wins the duel.

I expect people to be reasonable with their powers and the like, if I feel you aren't and taking advantage of certain things I will not hesitate to have something 'bad' happen to said character until the player understands what they did wrong.

I will think about adding Legend Points into the game, but until I say something; for now do not worry about Legend Points.

Also I am still looking for someone else to help run the game, I can't be online all the time and would appreciate the help.

Quote from: Miyu on September 30, 2011, 04:03:16 PM

Personality: She is a firecracker, she is the type of girl that it's not afraid to do whatever she wants whenever she wants it. She does care about her friends, she is extremely loyal to anybody that she considers a friend and always tries her best to protect them. She loves her friends and family with all their heart and she will often do whatever she needs to protect them.
Likes: Music, Computers, Singing, Reading, Beach, Sex, Skating, Surfing, Extreme sports
Dislikes: Bullies, Rude People, Gross stuff, Extreme blood on her body.
Kinks: Rough Sex, Anal, Spanking, Toys, Masturbation, Oral
Limits: Gore, Vore, Bestiality, Scat.
Bio: She was born in Miami, ever since little she always has been up to par to what she is and who her parents were. She did not thought much of it and decided to just enjoy her life as best as she could. Grabbing a love for every extreme sport she could think of going to everything she could think of. In her eyes there wasn't anything she could not do so she tried it all from jumping out of a plane to swimming with sharks she done it all in her young life. Graduating with honors from high school she decided to just enjoy life until something happened to make her advert her ways. Life was something to enjoy so she would enjoy it as best as she could not knowing what it's really happening. 

Calling:  Extreme Sports Punk

Attributes

Strength: X X X
Dexterity: X X X X / (Epic 1)
Stamina: X X X X/ (Epic 1)

Charisma: X X X/ (Epic 1)
Manipulation: X X
Appearance: X X X X/

Perception: X X X (Epic 1)
Intelligence: X
Wits: X X X (Epic 1)

Abilities (* Behind the Ability for the favored by your god)
Academics: x x x
Animal Ken:
Art: x x x
x
*Athletics:  x x x x x
*Awareness:  x x x x x
*Brawl: x x x x
Command:
Control:
x
Craft:
x
x
Empathy:
Fortitude: x x x
Integrity:
Investigation:
*Larceny: x x x
Marksmanship: X X
Medicine:
Melee:
Occult: x x
Politics:
Presence:
Science: x
x
x
*Stealth: x x x
*Survival: x x x
Thrown:
Birthright
Guide: XXX (Still not sure)
Relic: XX X (Water, Fire) (A Tattoo on her back)

Knacks
Cats Grace
Self- Healing
Charmer
Refined Palate
Social Chameleon

Boons
Animal (Cat): x
Moon: x
Sun: x
Water: x
Fire: X

Virtues
Conviction : x x x
Harmony: x x
Order:  x
Piety : x x x

Willpower x x x x x x
Legend 3 (I made this on my rp that base legend was 2, I can lower it once I know if base legend its 1)
Legend Points 9

Miyu I'm not using the Scion book character sheet, so if you could please use the template I made I'd really appreciate it.

Miyu

mmm ah gomen, gomen I will have it ready tonight or tomorrow

Miyu

Character Sheet
Player: Miyu
Calling: Extreame Sports Punk
Birthrights: Relic- Steel knuckled gloves, Guide- (Black Cat)
Weapons:
Knacks:  Cat's Grace, Self- Healing, Charmer
Virtues: Conviction, Harmony
Boons: Water Breathing, Animal Aspect (Cat), Phase Cloak (moon)
Appearance:
Background: She was born in Miami, Florida. Ever since little she always was a fan of extreme sports and dangerous situations. Her life was always her trying to make some crazy things like jumping from the ceiling with a pair of made out wings in order to fly, to simply swim in deep waters where everybody did not wanted to go. Her human parents worried sick about her all the time however she did not cared. One day however she met a certain woman, a woman that claimed to be her mother. When she learned her truth she ran away from home and dedicated herself to steal from those who stole and do bad to people who wanted to do bad to others. She quickly became known in a small group as Red Cat. (Sort of how the first XXX movie he stole the ride of a rich guy and threw it down a bridge).

Alysanthia

• Professor Caprion-???

• Meikle-  Scion of Baron Samedi

• Yesiroleplay-  Scion of Mithra

• Cold Heritage- Soviet Scion?

• AndyZ-???

• Miyu- Scion of Bastet(Villain)

• Hitura-???

AndyZ

Welcome back, Alysanthia.

I'm a little confused by the sheet.  Your example lists birthrights in the boons as well; do those count as boons as well?  Do boons have to follow numerically, as in, do I have to buy the level 1 boon of something before I buy the level 2?

I'm thinking about Susano-O but not sure how well that would work out, so I'm playing with the options.  I'm also not sure whether I want to do hero or villain; I mostly do heroes but the chance to do a villain could make things pretty interesting.  Would villains necessarily be titan-tainted or just evil in more conventional ways?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Alysanthia

Quote from: AndyZ on September 30, 2011, 05:28:47 PM
Welcome back, Alysanthia.

I'm a little confused by the sheet.  Your example lists birthrights in the boons as well; do those count as boons as well?  Do boons have to follow numerically, as in, do I have to buy the level 1 boon of something before I buy the level 2?

I'm thinking about Susano-O but not sure how well that would work out, so I'm playing with the options.  I'm also not sure whether I want to do hero or villain; I mostly do heroes but the chance to do a villain could make things pretty interesting.  Would villains necessarily be titan-tainted or just evil in more conventional ways?

Boons wouldn't have to follow numerically, just do not abuse this please. 

Edith's birthrights are also her boons, the sword a gift from Freya and the arctic fox has abilities besides just being her guide.

The villains would be evil in a more conventional way, the promise of power and money that Scion of Miclantecuhtli offers.

Titans may come in later. >)

AndyZ

Alright, right now I'm thinking Tlazoltéotl, though I make no promises on remembering how to spell it.  And keeping away from the "excrement" aspect of that.

Alysanthia

Quote from: AndyZ on September 30, 2011, 05:51:57 PM
Alright, right now I'm thinking Tlazoltéotl, though I make no promises on remembering how to spell it.  And keeping away from the "excrement" aspect of that.

You spelled the Filth Goddess right, and if you do pick Her or Susano-O they would both make interesting villains.

Alysanthia

And now the main villain.

Abran Izquierdo

Name: Abran Izquierdo

Calling: Medical Sales Man

Nature: Autocrat

Pantheon: The Atzlanti

God: Miclantecuhtli

Birthrights: Followers, Relic- Macuahitl, Creature-Cobra

Weapons: Just the Macuahitl, if anyone can get close enough to him that is.

Knacks: Self-Healing, Dreadful Mien, Takes one to Know one.

Virtues: Vengeance and Conviction

Boons: Death (Euthanasia and Unquiet Corpse), Guardian (Ward), Darkness (Shadow Mask)

Appearance: Ghastly, pale, aged and a husk of a man is how those who work closest to Abran describes the elderly business owner. One glance at him would cause small children to have nightmares all their life, women violently vomiting any and everything in their stomach as they tend to his cripple like form. 

Background: Born in a rural Mexican village, Abran was used to poverty and violence. All around him people suffered and yet no one would do anything about it, at reaching the age of ten Abran’s father appeared before him telling the youth his true nature.

Terrified by the image of Miclantecuthli he ran, crying and screaming of monsters to his mother and grandmother, Gloria having feared the day that the man who she laid with all those years ago coming to claim his son. After being told the truth by his mother Abran became angry. Angry that the god had let his family suffer for so long, angry that anyone with power would not do a thing…

So as the years progressed he used the abilities gifted to him for his own personal gain, not caring that people were hurt. When his Father confronted him about his wrong doings, he challenged him head on, not caring for the violence Miclantecuthli simply asked for a offering of blood every day.

For every life Abran took he would have to make it up with blood, he had no problem with this deal. But he knew that that the other gods would not be so easily won over and knew that they and their children must be stopped.

Cold Heritage

I want my character to be one of the good guys.

A question: what does it mean if we have relics, if we aren't using the system?

Scion of A Glorious Collective Regime of Peace and Love
Character Sheet
Name: Anton Mikhailovich
Player: Cold Heritage
Calling: Stoic
Nature: Survivor
Pantheon: Soviet
God: Modina Rat
Birthrights: A People's Weapon of A Glorious Collective Regime of Peace and Love (a relic AK-47; has unlimited ammunition); M35 Private's Shinel Greatcoat worn by a Soviet soldier who died on the 871st day of the Siege of Leningrad (relic; channels Frost Purview, counts as armour)
Weapons: Kizlyar Voron-3 combat knife;
Knacks:  Holy Rampage; Damage Conversion; Self-Healing; Epic Stamina; Epic Strength,
Virtues: Endurance; Duty
Boons: Frost Immunity
Appearance:

Anton is a heavily muscled bear of a man. He dresses conservatively, wearing clothes that are plain and made to last rather than flashy, gaudy, and expensive things. He knows he is not attractive to women but does not mind, and takes no steps to ensure more than basic cleanliness and clean-shaveness in his appearance.
Background: Anton was born before the collapse of the USSR, but grew up during the chaotic and tumultuous times that followed the dissolution of the Republic. His boyhood was one of hardship and trials - he fought other boys on the street over scraps of bread that they sought to steal from Anton, who had purchased them after waiting hours in line in the harsh cold. He worked as he could, performing labour that would have broken the back of a boy in the decadent west. But there was no complaint. Things improved, somewhat, as Anton's father left his honourable, if modest, post as a soldier and joined with some other former soldiers who became gangsters. The corruption disgusted Anton; it offended him at a fundamental level. It did not last long, however, as Anton's father was shot by loyal soldiers while trying to steal bullets from a military depot.

Anton continued, as he could, to go to school and work after. His mother worked in a factory. When Anton came of age, he joined the army - he was almost unable to do so because of the disgrace of his father, but a kind sergeant saw potential in the young man and put in a few good words. In no time, Anton was suffering as never before as he was forged into a soldier for Russia. But the adversity was taken in the same way Anton took everything: with enduring stoicism. He served and learned to the best of his ability, shedding blood for the state as required; his own or enemy. He fought in Chechnya and Kabardino-Balkaria. Grievously wounded when a vehicle crashed, Anton carried a fellow wounded soldier several kilometers in order that his fellow could receive medical attention.

While recuperating in hospital, Anton was visited by birth mother, Rodina Mat. She awoke in him her divine blood. She gave him gifts of soldiers who had fought gloriously for Russia in the past, and commanded him to do the same. But she had a different enemy for her son to face: the child of a foreign pantheon whose works threatened even Russia. And when it came to war, Mother Russia was not shy about sending her sons to fight and die.

Alysanthia

Quote from: Cold Heritage on September 30, 2011, 06:58:25 PM

Character Sheet
Birthrights: A People's Weapon of A Glorious Collective Regime of Peace and Love (a relic AK-47); M35 Private's Shinel Greatcoat worn by a Soviet soldier who died on the 871st day of the Siege of Leningrad (relic)
Knacks:  Holy Rampage; Damage Conversion; Self-Healing
Boons: Epic Stamina, Epic Strength, Frost Immunity
Appearance:

Anton is a heavily muscled bear of a man. He dresses conservatively, wearing clothes that are plain and made to last rather than flashy, gaudy, and expensive things. He knows he is not attractive to women but does not mind, and takes no steps to ensure more than basic cleanliness and clean-shaveness in his appearance.
Background: Anton was born before the collapse of the USSR, but grew up during the chaotic and tumultuous times that followed the dissolution of the Republic. His boyhood was one of hardship and trials - he fought other boys on the street over scraps of bread that they sought to steal from Anton, who had purchased them after waiting hours in line in the harsh cold. He worked as he could, performing labour that would have broken the back of a boy in the decadent west. But there was no complaint. Things improved, somewhat, as Anton's father left his honourable, if modest, post as a soldier and joined with some other former soldiers who became gangsters. The corruption disgusted Anton; it offended him at a fundamental level. It did not last long, however, as Anton's father was shot by loyal soldiers while trying to steal bullets from a military depot.

Anton continued, as he could, to go to school and work after. His mother worked in a factory. When Anton came of age, he joined the army - he was almost unable to do so because of the disgrace of his father, but a kind sergeant saw potential in the young man and put in a few good words. In no time, Anton was suffering as never before as he was forged into a soldier for Russia. But the adversity was taken in the same way Anton took everything: with enduring stoicism. He served and learned to the best of his ability, shedding blood for the state as required; his own or enemy. He fought in Chechnya and Kabardino-Balkaria. Grievously wounded when a vehicle crashed, Anton carried a fellow wounded soldier several kilometers in order that his fellow could receive medical attention.

While recuperating in hospital, Anton was visited by birth mother, Rodina Mat. She awoke in him her divine blood. She gave him gifts of soldiers who had fought gloriously for Russia in the past, and commanded him to do the same. But she had a different enemy for her son to face: the child of a foreign pantheon whose works threatened even Russia. And when it came to war, Mother Russia was not shy about sending her sons to fight and die.

Relics is how a Scion channels their powers, and as they grow more powerful they rely less and less on these items.

Relics are a powerful birthright which grant them access to their purviews(ex. Death (Euthanasia and Unquiet Corpse), Guardian (Ward), Darkness (Shadow Mask) ).

Cold Heritage

So I can't have an unlimited supply of ammunition, or a coat that protects like a full suit of armour?

AndyZ

Quote from: Cold Heritage on September 30, 2011, 07:23:16 PM
So I can't have an unlimited supply of ammunition, or a coat that protects like a full suit of armour?

Presumably you could get those but they would count against your three Boons.

AndyZ

All set

Character Sheet
Name: Rosaria Florez
Player: AndyZ
Calling: Escort
Nature: Rogue
Pantheon: Atzlánti
God: Tlazoltéotl
Birthrights: Couatl, Obsidian Sacrificial Knife
Weapons: Obsidian Sacrificial Knife
Knacks: Come Hither, Gods' Honest, Hapless Cool
Virtues: Endurance, Expression
Boons: Assess Health, Heal/Infect, Shaping
Appearance:
Background: Rosaria spends most of her time as an escort, working her way into a society and absorbing their dirty secrets.  This affords her all sorts of leverage, rarely so coarse as blackmail but occasionally succumbing to similar methods when all else fails.

She collects power the same way some people collect stamps, for the pleasure of accumulation but without any true purpose.  In her own private way, she seeks to be loved and accepted for who she is, but can never bring herself to open up her true self and reveal her own darkness even to herself. 

She works for Abran Izquierdo in what she considers to be a synergistic relationship, eager to take jobs and accepting some purpose to her existence.  For the most part, though, she lives in the moment, enjoying the best of what life has to offer and always finding a way to eke out more.

Alysanthia

Quote from: Cold Heritage on September 30, 2011, 07:23:16 PM

Quote from: AndyZ on September 30, 2011, 07:24:10 PM
Presumably you could get those but they would count against your three Boons.

AndyZ is right, you could pick one or the other and later on in the game earn the ability.

Right now the AK-47 could be a regular weapon and he could have the armor, or the other way around; just a regular coat with a relic gun with unlimited ammunition.

Quote from: AndyZ on September 30, 2011, 07:31:11 PM
I'm about 90% done with the char but more than enough to see if there's any problems with it.

Character Sheet
Name: Rosaria
Player: AndyZ
Calling: Escort
Nature: Rogue
Pantheon: Atzlánti
God: Tlazoltéotl
Birthrights: Couatl, Obsidian Sacrificial Knife
Weapons: Obsidian Sacrificial Knife
Knacks: Gods' Honest, Hapless Cool, Serpent's Gaze
Virtues: Endurance, Expression
Boons: Couatl, Obsidian Sacrificial Knife, Shaping
Appearance: (Searching for a picture)
Background: Rosaria spends most of her time as an escort, working her way into a society and absorbing their dirty secrets.  This affords her all sorts of leverage, rarely so coarse as blackmail but occasionally succumbing to similar methods when all else fails.

She collects power the same way some people collect stamps, for the pleasure of accumulation but without any true purpose.  In her own private way, she seeks to be loved and accepted for who she is, but can never bring herself to open up her true self and reveal her own darkness even to herself. 

Will she have met the main villain yet?

Yes she can be one of the characters having met Abran already.

AndyZ

Quote from: Alysanthia on September 30, 2011, 07:35:10 PM
AndyZ is right, you could pick one or the other and later on in the game earn the ability.

Right now the AK-47 could be a regular weapon and he could have the armor, or the other way around; just a regular coat with a relic gun with unlimited ammunition.

Epic Strength and Epic Stamina don't count as Boons, though.  However, you need a relic to channel the Frost purview.  The greatcoat channeling the purview makes sense to me, though.

So unless I'm misunderstanding how Alysanthia is doing it, the frost immunity would be a boon, something to channel that would be a boon, and you'd get a third one, presumably the AK-47.

I hope this helps ^_^

Alysanthia

Quote from: AndyZ on September 30, 2011, 08:31:57 PM
Epic Strength and Epic Stamina don't count as Boons, though.  However, you need a relic to channel the Frost purview.  The greatcoat channeling the purview makes sense to me, though.

So unless I'm misunderstanding how Alysanthia is doing it, the frost immunity would be a boon, something to channel that would be a boon, and you'd get a third one, presumably the AK-47.

I hope this helps ^_^

Yep, that sums it up.

Cold Heritage

It doesn't help. That doesn't make sense to me. I don't know why I'd be buying a relic as a boon instead of as a birthright.

Alysanthia

• Professor Caprion-???

• Meikle-  Scion of Baron Samed?i

• Yesiroleplay-  Scion of Mithra?

• Cold Heritage- Scion of Modina Rat(Good Guy)

• AndyZ- Scion of Tlazoltéotl(Villain)

• Hitura-???

Quote from: Cold Heritage on September 30, 2011, 09:30:51 PM
It doesn't help. That doesn't make sense to me. I don't know why I'd be buying a relic as a boon instead of as a birthright.

In order to use a Boon a Scion must possess a Birthright relic.

"When the Gods grant Boons, they do so by giving their children items known as Birthrights."- Straight from the book.

So in order to use your Boon, you need the proper Birthright; like the jacket would be perfect for the Frost purview and like stated earlier you can earn the unlimited ammunition later on in the game.

AndyZ

Quote from: Cold Heritage on September 30, 2011, 09:30:51 PM

It's just how she's handling it with the simplified freeform.

Alysanthia, would he be allowed to use the greatcoat both to channel frost and to have it as armor, or would that be too powerful at start and something he'd have to build up to?

Cold Heritage

Quote from: Alysanthia on September 30, 2011, 09:40:41 PM
In order to use a Boon a Scion must possess a Birthright relic.

"When the Gods grant Boons, they do so by giving their children items known as Birthrights."- Straight from the book.

So in order to use your Boon, you need the proper Birthright; like the jacket would be perfect for the Frost purview and like stated earlier you can earn the unlimited ammunition later on in the game.

So why does it count as a Boon to have an item to use Boons? Because that's what AndyZ said, and you said he was right.

Alysanthia

Quote from: AndyZ on September 30, 2011, 09:41:24 PM
It's just how she's handling it with the simplified freeform.

Alysanthia, would he be allowed to use the greatcoat both to channel frost and to have it as armor, or would that be too powerful at start and something he'd have to build up to?

Since it is a gift from Modina Rat I could see it being gifted with both, her wanting to protect her fighting son.

But if you do that Cold you'll need to wait on the unlimited ammo.

Quote from: Cold Heritage on September 30, 2011, 09:45:29 PM
So why does it count as a Boon to have an item to use Boons? Because that's what AndyZ said, and you said he was right.

Okay so I misread it, my bad, to use the boon you need the proper Birthright period.

Also just a quick note, not all Scions receive Birthrights, and if not they can not access their Boons.

AndyZ

Quote from: Alysanthia on September 30, 2011, 09:50:25 PM

Since it is a gift from Modina Rat I could see it being gifted with both, her wanting to protect her fighting son.

But if you do that Cold you'll need to wait on the unlimited ammo.

Okay so I misread it, my bad, to use the boon you need the proper Birthright period.

Also just a quick note, not all Scions receive Birthrights, and if not they can not access their Boons.

Okay, so they count as separate?  I'll take a look to get a total of three.

Cold Heritage

I'm sorry for getting frustrated about this, but it's tough with Andy interjecting.

Because, see, my understanding was we get two birthrights. One I can use to channel the frost purview, and then I could have the other free to have a magic power (so for, example, the coat channels frost, and the gun has unlimited ammunition, and that's how my allotment of two birthrights got spent).

Alysanthia

Quote from: Cold Heritage on September 30, 2011, 10:01:37 PM
I'm sorry for getting frustrated about this, but it's tough with Andy interjecting.

Because, see, my understanding was we get two birthrights. One I can use to channel the frost purview, and then I could have the other free to have a magic power (so for, example, the coat channels frost, and the gun has unlimited ammunition, and that's how my allotment of two birthrights got spent).

Okay, yes you get the two Birthrights, and you get three boons.

To clear the air and make everything less confusing, the coat can channel the frost and yes you could have the unlimited ammunition with the AK 47.

But those would be your only two Birthrights to channel those specific boons, the third could be a Pantheon specific Purview or an all purpose Purview.

Also with the Allied Pantheon I would not be against cross Purview using, other Gods gifting your Scion with favors if you explain how they were gifted with the power.

Cold Heritage

Makes sense. Thank you for your answer. That's answers my question perfectly.

Another question: I put down two epic attributes under Boons because I didn't know how else to do it to have those. Would it be acceptable to leave them that way so I can do things normally associated with those epic attributes (my motivation to do so was to be reasonable about power usage), or should I invest in actual Purview material (and of course modify so that I have two relics dedicated to channeling)?

Alysanthia

Here is my Scion of Freya (updated to give an example and end confusion), to give an example of the character sheet.

Edith Geir

Name: Edith Geir

Calling: Revenge

Nature: Caregiver

Pantheon: The Aesir

God: Freya
Birthrights: Creature- Arctic Fox(Guide)  Relic- Sword
Weapons: 9mm  Hi-Power Mark III, Browning  GLOCK 31 .357 GLOCK 33 .357

Knacks: Trick Shooter, Blessing of Importance, Serpent’s Gaze

Virtues: Endurance and Loyalty

Boons: War (Battle Cry) Fertility(Cleanse) Health (Blessing of Health/Curse of Frailty)

Appearance: A pale enchantress is how many would describe the Estonian native. Edith at times uses this to her advantage, wearing different and unique outfits, mainly sticking to though garments that allow her to move quickly in a fight. Edith has long nearly white blond hair, this paired with her haunting blue eyes, will often lure men in with a sense of security for the child of Freya knows how to take advantage of a situation. 

Background: Edith was born in a small town in Estonia, her father the local gunsmith kept a sharp and protective eye on his only child. But Edith was a free spirit, always running to explore the nearby woods and as she grew many in the town began to notice the youth’s beauty. This of course made Leif extremely nervous so he enrolled his daughter in self-defense classes.  Edith excelled with almost an unnatural talent, the instructor often commenting that the young girl was her best student, and as she grew Edith curious of the world outside the small Estonian village.

When she turned fifteen Leif allowed her to go to the neighboring town to pick up a shipment of new ammo for the shop, while gone though a group of strange men entered Leif’s shop. Not saying anything they opened fired and this was the bloodbath Edith came home too. Her father barely breathing told Edith everything, how her mother was different and so was she. With his dying breath he warned the frightened teen that the men would come back for her; that someone was killing people like her and she needed to get somewhere safe.

Scared she ran to the only place that would give her a sense of safety, the self-defense class room. Finding the instructor alone for once, Edith told the woman everything and broke down in tears. The teacher only held the sobbing girl tightly till a loud banging was heard then gunshots, frightened Edith ran as her teacher told her to. Heading to the woods she hid in a hallowed out tree, the cold slowly getting to her she waited for hours. Finally hearing someone call her name, she figured it was someone from the village. Instead it was one of the men that killed her father and instructor, grabbing a nearby limb Edith figured if she was to die that she would die fighting. Only able to land two blows to the killer’s body he angrily bashed the girl over the head and took aim with his gun.

With slurred words Edith prayed for someone to save her, and at that moment her prayers were answered. In a blinding light she was saved the man’s body incinerated and there in the cold forest, Edith was face to face with her mother Freya. For hours the Goddess explained all that had happened, and why they were after the girl, gifting Edith with a sword and a personal guide she bid her child the best of luck.
That there would be others out to get her or help, but as she grew older Freya said that Edith would be able to get revenge….

Quote from: Cold Heritage on September 30, 2011, 10:17:09 PM
Makes sense. Thank you for your answer. That's answers my question perfectly.

Another question: I put down two epic attributes under Boons because I didn't know how else to do it to have those. Would it be acceptable to leave them that way so I can do things normally associated with those epic attributes (my motivation to do so was to be reasonable about power usage), or should I invest in actual Purview material (and of course modify so that I have two relics dedicated to channeling)?

Quote from: Cold Heritage on September 30, 2011, 06:58:25 PM

Character Sheet
Birthrights: A People's Weapon of A Glorious Collective Regime of Peace and Love (a relic AK-47); M35 Private's Shinel Greatcoat worn by a Soviet soldier who died on the 871st day of the Siege of Leningrad (relic)
Knacks:  Holy Rampage; Damage Conversion; Self-Healing
Boons: Epic Stamina, Epic Strength, Frost Immunity
Appearance:

Actually your Epic Attributes would go under your Knacks and not your Boons. Just switch them around and pick which of the Epic Attributes you want. Also Cold, your Jacket will be able have armor and channel frost, thus giving you your unlimited ammo. :)

Alysanthia

And to clear confusion, Birthrights may channel at least two boons but you still only get three boons for the time being.

Abran is a little different and that will be explained in game since he is the Main-Villain, and I don't want to spoil anything just yet.

Cold Heritage

Yeah, the main villain's gotta have an edge here and there, a few aces up his sleeve. :)

I realized now that the Soviet gods don't have Frost listed in their associated powers. Should I try to think up a reason why my character has a relic to channel that purview, or would you rule that the Soviets (perhaps not The Citizen, but Baba Yaga and Rodina Mat) have that Purview since Russia is archetypically very cold?

And one more, I promise it'll be the last: could I take Warrior Ideal (I'd have the coat then just channel Frost and War)? I would gladly have that count as two Boons, given how it's at the upper limit of Heroic boons. If not (and I understand if you wish to say no), could I switch the two unused boons I would have and purchase knacks instead?

Alysanthia

Quote from: Cold Heritage on October 01, 2011, 12:29:06 AM
Yeah, the main villain's gotta have an edge here and there, a few aces up his sleeve. :)

I realized now that the Soviet gods don't have Frost listed in their associated powers. Should I try to think up a reason why my character has a relic to channel that purview, or would you rule that the Soviets (perhaps not The Citizen, but Baba Yaga and Rodina Mat) have that Purview since Russia is archetypically very cold?

And one more, I promise it'll be the last: could I take Warrior Ideal (I'd have the coat then just channel Frost and War)? I would gladly have that count as two Boons, given how it's at the upper limit of Heroic boons. If not (and I understand if you wish to say no), could I switch the two unused boons I would have and purchase knacks instead?

Frost is a 'All Purpose Purview' so yes your character can have it.

You can purchase the Knacks.

And now I head off to bed.

meikle

Name: Marie LaCroix
Player: meikle
Calling: Depressed College Student / Amateur Mortician
Nature: Cynic
Pantheon: Loa
God: Baron Samedi
Birthrights: Pair of sunglasses (Relic), Ghede spirit (Guide)
Weapons: like ... a knife or a pistol or something like that.
Knacks:  Blessing of Importance (Cha), Benefit of the Doubt (Cha), Takes One To Know One (Manip)
Virtues: Piety, Vengeance
Boons: Rada's Eyes, Death Sense, Night Eyes
Appearance: I will edit this in when I am not falling asleep!
Background: This, too.  So far, I have decided she was conceived during Mardis Gras and that's it.  Also that her sunglasses enable her Death Sense and Night Eyes (she wears her sunglasses at night~)

O and O and Discord
A and A

yesiroleplay

Sorry, but I'm going to bow out of this one.

Alysanthia

• Professor Caprion-???

• Meikle-  Scion of Baron Samed

• Hitura-???

Quote from: meikle on October 01, 2011, 02:44:34 AM
Name: Marie LaCroix
Player: meikle
Calling: Depressed College Student / Amateur Mortician
Nature: Cynic
Pantheon: Loa
God: Baron Samedi
Birthrights: Pair of sunglasses (Relic), Ghede spirit (Guide)
Weapons: like ... a knife or a pistol or something like that.
Knacks:  Blessing of Importance (Cha), Benefit of the Doubt (Cha), Takes One To Know One (Manip)
Virtues: Piety, Vengeance
Boons: Rada's Eyes, Death Sense, Night Eyes
Appearance: I will edit this in when I am not falling asleep!
Background: This, too.  So far, I have decided she was conceived during Mardis Gras and that's it.  Also that her sunglasses enable her Death Sense and Night Eyes (she wears her sunglasses at night~)

It is looking great Meikle, I know one or two kids conceived during Mardis Gras personally... Oh their silly drunken parents, and yeah all the cool kids wear sungalsses at night.  8-)

Quote from: yesiroleplay on October 01, 2011, 04:30:44 AM
Sorry, but I'm going to bow out of this one.

It is okay, sorry to see you go.

Lady Hitura Caprion

I think Scion of Artemis... Not sure... That doesn't really seem plausible given shes pretty chaste and man hating from what I read... I mean seriously... Turn a dude into a stag and hunt him just for seein ya naked? Thats manhate right there.

Professor Loki Caprion

Maxwell Garamonde
Player: Professor Loki Caprion
Calling: Private Investigator
Nature: Gallant
Pantheon: The Pesedjet
God: Thoth
Birthrights: Cane-sword (crafted from Lebanese Cedar, the head is a carved Ibis; allows access to the Magic purview and the sword portion cannot be detected by any mundane means) , Scales of Judgment (gold lapel pin of a set of balanced scales; allows access to the Justice purview)
Weapons: Cane-sword, Beretta 9mm
Knacks:  Benefit of the Doubt (Charisma), Instant Investigator (Wits), Axiom (Intelligence)
Virtues: Conviction, Order
Boons: Judgment (Justice •), Ren Harvest (Heku •), Ariadne's Thread (Magic •)
Appearance: A handsome man just starting to show his age, Max is tallish and without a very notable muscular build. His eyes and confident demeanor, however, denote that his true strength lies somewhere within his mind. Red-brown hair is kept cropped short to his head, though his face tends to show a few days worth of stubble when he's on a case.
Background: Born in Glasgow on October 5th, 1969, Maxwell grew up in a relatively unremarkable Scottish childhood. His father (or so he thought) was a banker, his mother a housewife, and his older sister Cecilia; a musical prodigy who's talent with the violin overshadowed him. This seemed to suit Maxwell just fine, as he preferred to study and learn in quiet, rather that vie for any spotlight with his beloved older sibling. A quick-thinker and rather charming youth, he excelled in most school subjects, though hardly enough to gain any special attention from his teachers. In fact, nothing terribly notable happened until the day his sister died.

Still hardly a teenager, Maxwell's family had to mourn the loss of Cecilia. Nearly finished with her education, Cecilia's body was found with little evidence of cause of death. Driven by his thirst for knowledge and craving justice, Maxwell investigated the events that lead up to his sister's end with great fervour, charming his way past any constable that may question the youngster's meddling. In the end, he discovered that Cecilia was poisoned by venom of an Egyptian cobra; the lethal dose was injected through a freckle on the girl's body, thus preventing detection. Several key members of the murder investigation were "convinced" to hide these facts, and for good reason: they were hiding a titanspawn's attempt to kill a coming-of-age Scion. Unfortunately for Cecilia, they assumed the talented elder sibling was the daughter of Thoth. Seeing his son in danger, and noting his efforts, Thoth approached the boy to set the record straight.

With newfound ability and knowledge of his divine essence, Maxwell soared through schooling and decided to become an investigator as a profession, rather than a hobby, so that he could serve as a voice for those served an unjust fate. Though he suffers no ailment, he feigns a leg injury so that he may keep his cane on his person. This also allows him an element of surprise, should a foe think Maxwell unfit for physical confrontation.

Alysanthia

• Professor Caprion- Scion of Thoth

• Hitura-???

Quote from: Lady Hitura Caprion on October 01, 2011, 03:47:37 PM
I think Scion of Artemis... Not sure... That doesn't really seem plausible given shes pretty chaste and man hating from what I read... I mean seriously... Turn a dude into a stag and hunt him just for seein ya naked? Thats manhate right there.

Lol xD

Cold Heritage

Quote from: Lady Hitura Caprion on October 01, 2011, 03:47:37 PM

You can be adopted. :)

meikle

Doesn't have to be, though ... a Scion takes on qualities of their parent, but they're not just their deity writ in smaller letters.  A Scion of Artemis isn't just an Artemis clone.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Lady Hitura Caprion

Name: Ember Mconnolin
Player: Lady Hitura Caprion
Calling: Military Sniper
Nature: Judge
Pantheon Dodekatheon
God: Apollo
Birthrights: Followers (some soldiers she worked with), Sniper Rifle (allows access to Sun Perview; Intracate gold and silver designs on the weapon)
Weapons: M1911 .45 Semi-Auto Pistol, Sniper Rifle
Knacks:  Tricky Shooter (Dexterity),Charmer(Charisma), Lasting Impression (Appearance)
Virtues: Courage, Valour
Boons: Penetrating Glare (Sun*), Prophecy, Epic Charisma
Appearance: Being the daughter of Apollo, she has some good looks. Auburn hair, blue eyes, and olive skin. She keeps her hair shoulder length and in a bun. Being in the military she keeps herself in good shape.
Background: Ember grew up in a military household that rubbed off on her. Once she graduated from high school she went straight into the army ground forces and took a specialty as a sniper. Once her contract expired she signed on again. Due to the nature of her job she is one of the first called into combat or onto assignments that would require her expertise.

I found I liked Apollo better.

Alysanthia

• Professor Caprion- Scion of Thoth(Good Guy)

• Hitura-Scion of Apollo(Good Guy)

Lady Hitura Caprion

Sorry! Forgot to mention xD She's on the good guy side. Fits her more with the military and all.

meikle

I think I need to bow out.  I got a little overexcited, and this week has come to remind me that I don't really have the free time that I wish I had to get involved in more games. :(

O and O and Discord
A and A

Alysanthia

It is okay, if you ever wanna jump back in you are more than welcome too.

Alysanthia

Cold Heritage

I know I said I wouldn't ask anymore questions, but I'm wondering why my name isn't bolded on the list. Am I in trouble?

Alysanthia

Fixed :)

Jadzi

>>  So Hitura and Loki hauled me back for this.

<<  I'm still deciding on what deity to go with, but I was wondering if we're allowed to go with heroes from the pantheons, who presumably were Scions that ascended up the ranks? Like Cu Chulainn of the Tuatha de Danaan. Or Tomoe Gozen or Uesugi Kenshin of the Amatsukami? Or Sir Alec Guinness of the British?

Sharon

AndyZ asked me to check this one out. I am game. I working on my character right now. My character's father is Ares.

Sharon

Isabella Mia Kemyss
Character Sheet
Name: Isabella Mia Kemyss
Player: Sharon
Calling: Street fighter
Pantheon: Dodekatheon
God:Ares
Birthrights: Gang members (Followers), Roman long sword (Relic)
Knacks:  Cat’s Grace, Charmer, Overt Orders
Virtues: Conviction and Vengeance
Boons: Blessing of Bravery, Ideal Warrior, Eye of the Storm
Appearance: Isabella wear loose fitting cloths a lot of the time.  Lease she knew she was going to be fighting then it a sport bra and sweat pants. Her hair is nearly always pulled back into a tight bun she learn once when a guy pulled her by her hair and try to get a few cheap shots to her. Her eyes are a gray-ish green color.
Background: Isabella was made from a night of a woman’s lust for wanting to feel what it was like to be with a God. Her mother Nina, was able to feel it in one night of the best sex of her life. Nina never had a husband even before Ares came to seen her. So, when she came pregnant with child. She told everyone that she was raped. As Ares didn’t wanted to bring a child into this world with a human. Though he watch over the child as best as he could as her mother had walked down a path that would end up killing her. Ares was hoping for a one night stand but in the mix of their lust the child was made though he would let his own daughter fall into the ill will.

Isabella new nothing of who her father was. She thought her mother hated her because of the “rape” she was the produce of. She took out her anger in the street fighting and doing everything she could to proved herself among friend and emends alike that she was a force to be recon with. Though she ever knew where her love for a good fight came from. She always had a thrill for doing crazy like fighting more than just one person.

She walked through life looking for something reckless to be doing. That is why she into the underground street fighter club and in a very well known Gang, Kycon, she was not just the member of it but the leader of it. She didn’t know that her able to lead her Gang through a few little gang better was because of her father.  She was always fighting because her life seemed be in chaos but when she was in the ring or throwing punches her life seemed more simpler than what she could every dream. It was her place of bliss. 

Though one night she was down where the street fighting was taking place one night. She was really good at it by now. She had been fighting for about 4 years. She didn’t know fighting this guy would be the biggest turn of her life yet. Well, on her way home this night someone called her over she was only 19. She remember the talk well. As well as all the anger  that she held inside of her since she was 5 years old seemed to had came out a little bit to fast. It nearly mad her sick.

A week went by after they had talked her and Ares. He came back to her one night to see if she anger was gone. It was there but she had a little bit better control over her anger. He explained more to her about how and why her mother told her lies about him. At first it seemed to work but then she thought about it that she was just some mistake and she nearly snap on him again. He that he brought her something for her 20th birthday. Which was in morning, he hand over a sword telling her that it will help her long her way. And open up her powers that she had always had but was just locked away. She swan the sword around as it seemed to had know her hand well as she seemed to know the blade well to. She had always messed with throwing stars and shoot an 9 mm pistol. She never thought she would used it to kill someone. It was main hung there on her side to scare people mostly. Until she really need it the most.

Weapons: Roman long sword,

throwing Stars, (only used in tight pinch),

9mm pistol

i was thinking that she would be a bad guy?

Alysanthia

Quote from: Jadzi on October 05, 2011, 02:29:00 PM
>>  So Hitura and Loki hauled me back for this.

<<  I'm still deciding on what deity to go with, but I was wondering if we're allowed to go with heroes from the pantheons, who presumably were Scions that ascended up the ranks? Like Cu Chulainn of the Tuatha de Danaan. Or Tomoe Gozen or Uesugi Kenshin of the Amatsukami? Or Sir Alec Guinness of the British?

Yay! And sure, if they are up in the ranks of godhood and the character back story is good I'll allow them.

Quote from: Sharon on October 05, 2011, 03:38:55 PM
Isabella Mia Kemyss
Character Sheet
Name: Isabella Mia Kemyss
Player: Sharon
Calling: Street fighter
Pantheon: Dodekatheon
God:Ares
Birthrights: Gang members (Followers), Roman long sword (Relic)
Knacks:  Cat’s Grace, Charmer, Overt Orders
Virtues: Conviction and Vengeance
Boons: Blessing of Bravery, Ideal Warrior, Eye of the Storm
Appearance: Isabella wear loose fitting cloths a lot of the time.  Lease she knew she was going to be fighting then it a sport bra and sweat pants. Her hair is nearly always pulled back into a tight bun she learn once when a guy pulled her by her hair and try to get a few cheap shots to her. Her eyes are a gray-ish green color.
Background: Isabella was made from a night of a woman’s lust for wanting to feel what it was like to be with a God. Her mother Nina, was able to feel it in one night of the best sex of her life. Nina never had a husband even before Ares came to seen her. So, when she came pregnant with child. She told everyone that she was raped. As Ares didn’t wanted to bring a child into this world with a human. Though he watch over the child as best as he could as her mother had walked down a path that would end up killing her. Ares was hoping for a one night stand but in the mix of their lust the child was made though he would let his own daughter fall into the ill will.

Isabella new nothing of who her father was. She thought her mother hated her because of the “rape” she was the produce of. She took out her anger in the street fighting and doing everything she could to proved herself among friend and emends alike that she was a force to be recon with. Though she ever knew where her love for a good fight came from. She always had a thrill for doing crazy like fighting more than just one person.

She walked through life looking for something reckless to be doing. That is why she into the underground street fighter club and in a very well known Gang, Kycon, she was not just the member of it but the leader of it. She didn’t know that her able to lead her Gang through a few little gang better was because of her father.  She was always fighting because her life seemed be in chaos but when she was in the ring or throwing punches her life seemed more simpler than what she could every dream. It was her place of bliss. 

Though one night she was down where the street fighting was taking place one night. She was really good at it by now. She had been fighting for about 4 years. She didn’t know fighting this guy would be the biggest turn of her life yet. Well, on her way home this night someone called her over she was only 19. She remember the talk well. As well as all the anger  that she held inside of her since she was 5 years old seemed to had came out a little bit to fast. It nearly mad her sick.

A week went by after they had talked her and Ares. He came back to her one night to see if she anger was gone. It was there but she had a little bit better control over her anger. He explained more to her about how and why her mother told her lies about him. At first it seemed to work but then she thought about it that she was just some mistake and she nearly snap on him again. He that he brought her something for her 20th birthday. Which was in morning, he hand over a sword telling her that it will help her long her way. And open up her powers that she had always had but was just locked away. She swan the sword around as it seemed to had know her hand well as she seemed to know the blade well to. She had always messed with throwing stars and shoot an 9 mm pistol. She never thought she would used it to kill someone. It was main hung there on her side to scare people mostly. Until she really need it the most.

Weapons: Roman long sword,

throwing Stars, (only used in tight pinch),

9mm pistol

i was thinking that she would be a bad guy?

I'd see her as a bad guy as well, also since you have followers and when I get the 'approved characters' thread made you can make up to two NPCs that would be in her gang.

Alysanthia

• Jadzi-???

• Sharon-Scion of Ares(villain)

• Kirinis-???

Miyu

Alysanthia

Set up a OOC thread. :)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=121154.0

Also still looking for a another person to help GM the game.

Alysanthia

Helping answer questions when I'm not online and it needs to be answered right away.

Also to help with some minor plot ideas.

Professor Loki Caprion

I don't think I could do the GM thing! I'm somewhat busy a lot of times, and I don't want people thinking I'm just getting preferential treatments!

Alysanthia

:P You aren't getting preferential treatments, if anything you'll be lucky if your character survives the first fight. 

Hehehe... That goes for everyone.  >:) *Does the evil Mr. Burns hand gesture.*

Alysanthia

No... That would be Loki who decides to suddenly have Cthulhu in the game. *Eyes* I mean really... Who picks Cult of Cthulhu to face off against!? xD

Lady Hitura Caprion

xD nono sweety... the Call of Cthulu game. It's designed for your character not to make it past the first session according to Weregeeks

Cold Heritage

You win at Call of Cthulu by putting a pistol in your mouth and double tapping. *sagenod*

Sharon

Isabella Followers
NPC Character Sheets
Mary Ann Turner
Name:Mary Anna Turner-Member of Gang: Kycon
Follows: Isabella Kemyss
Weapons: Brass Knuckles and Pistol (looks just like Isabella)
Appearance: Mary hair is always braided tight to hear head to keep for getting her hair pulled. Mary is far cry from a girly-girl, she wears sport bra with a wife beater shirt and sweat pants with shorts under them.
Background: Mary was to be the ideal daughter the kind that wear dress and make up. Or so her rich parents thought of her. Mary though wanted nothing more than get in the ring with someone and swing her fist about. She would wear the dress and get to school just to take it off and get into her cloths.

She was the kind of girl that didn’t take shit from anyone. Well one night she was head to the boxing ring. But a friend of her was telling her about this place for underground street fighter. Well this one was to be a good pot money to boot it. Mary didn’t want the money. She just wanted to get the ring with someone new that was not scared of her.

She was able to get into a Torment that had been set up that night. It was about her 3rd round when she found herself face to face with the crazy Bitch as Mary called Isabella. They went through all 3 round in of their set match. Well after Isabella won the Torment all together. A man took Isabella a way for a bit.

As Zack was talking with Mary until his leader came back. Isabella seemed upset about something. Neither of them asked who the man was. They didn’t know that it was her father, Ares. Isabella turned to Mary and told her that she was a good fighter and that she could used another girl around the gang. That was over ran the girls 3 to 10. For every woman there was like 10 men.

Mary like the ideal of getting away from her parents and their dress. That she moved out and moved in with Zack in a small apartment that was near where the Gang meets up. As Isabella had crashed there a few time.  Mary found it odd that Isabella carry this old sword around with her everywhere she goes but now Isabella was paying for her food and home she was not going to speak against her. 

Zack Damien Jones
Name:Zack Damien Jones-Member of Gang: Kycon
Follows: Isabella Kemyss
Weapons:Small sword and Pistol(looked just like Isabella)
Appearance:Zack always has on a Blood red and no shirt under it showing off his rock hard abs with jean pants with holes here and there. Most of the time sporting a black eyes to busted lips from doing Isabella will.
Background: Zack had a rough child hood since age 7. From being rise by an abused father that had beat his mother to death. Had turn his hate toward his son. Telling he how his life could had been if Zack was never was born. Zack had kept that all bottle up inside.

Until the day he met Isabella and her gang of rough neck members. Isabella had seen the pain his heart and the fire in his eyes. The pain of the lost of his mother and fire of hate for his father. Isabella was not just going to let the boy of 17 just walk into the gang unable to fight.

So she hold out his options to him. Either walk on by as if he never seen them before or face her in a one on one fight anything goes. She was sizing him up to see if he was able to hold his own. They fought for a good 3 hours before she told him to stop before he hurt himself. Of course Zack didn’t like the fact that in his mind that he had lost to a girl. After he put away his stubbornness away he found out that Isabella was the leader of the gang. Isabella had seen that he could be molded into something great and had started his training in a few moves of the street fighter her style of fighting. 

He did well and claimed up the ladder of the Gang. As soon as he was able to shoot a gun he killed his father in the name of his mother. He did his best to keep Isabella happy as much as one man could.  There was some words that they was dating but no they was only really close friends with a few benefits at times. Though that was before she found out about who her father was. After that she seemed to turn to all work no play. Yet Zack still followed her. He would even lay down his own life for her. Because after all these years she had took a piece of his heart even if she will never know it or not.

Kirinis

Putting forward my Scion for the list.

Name: Li Huang San
Player: Kirinis
Calling: Senior Detective
Nature: Visionary
Pantheon: Celestial Bureaucracy
God: Xiwangmu
Birthrights: Fate Summoner (Relic) [A beautiful revolver crafted from shining bronze and silver, inlaid with a jade and pearl grip.  As part of the enchantment that Lu Dong Bin crafted into the pistol, Fate Summoner may fire incorporeal bullets of his Mother's commanding voice speaking a proclamation summoning and dismissing Xiwangmu's other gifts from their home on Kunlun Mountain.], Huajiang (Creature) [Huajiang is a tiger gifted from Xiwangmu's menagerie for Huang San to use as he sees fit.]
Weapons: Fate Summoner

Knacks: Don't Read The Manual (Wits), Instant Investigator (Wits), Lightning Sprinter (Dexterity)
Virtues: Duty, Valor
Boons: Five-Cycle Augmentation [Taiyi o], Five-Cycle Conjunction [Taiyi ooo], Yin-Yang Destruction [Taiyi oo]
Appearance:  Worn from years of work, Huang San has an tired air to him.  While his eyes are sharp, his shoulders are slumped undercutting his stature and build giving the impression that he has gone to seed.  However, he still keeps with the grooming standards and his hair is always cut short and gelled while his face is clean shaven.
Background: Born in Hong Kong, February 14, 1971, Huang San was the son of a police officer and some subnumerary he had a brief fling with but never settled down with.  A single child, Huang San was expected to follow in the family tradition of becoming a police officer and in that he did not disappoint.  After college, Huang San entered the police academy and became the third Li male to join the police force.

Huang San had ambitions of higher office though, not content to being a patrolman all his life.  As such, he became particularly known for being driven in his work rooting out crime on the streets.  He correlated having streets clear of crime as being synonymous of competence which would surely see him earn his detective's badge.  Huang San was censured more than a few times for his overzealous nature in terrorizing criminals to get results and undue violence.

His zealous tendencies paid off and he soon got the coveted position of senior detective.  Huang San worked even harder taking whatever steps were necessary to secure the streets of his city.  It was during this time when he recieved the Visitation from his Mother.who approved of his diligence and commanded that he continue his duties with her blessing.  His new mandate included not only protecting Hong Kong from the common criminal elements but also supernatural ones.  In the following years, Huang San has made it clear that aside from fellow Scions from the Celestial Bureaucracy, the other Pantheons are not welcome here.

Sharon

Kirinis she going to asked you if your character is good or evil. So to help her which side is your character going to be trailing light or dark?

Kirinis

Alysanthia

Quote from: Lady Hitura Caprion on October 05, 2011, 11:33:44 PM
xD nono sweety... the Call of Cthulu game. It's designed for your character not to make it past the first session according to Weregeeks

Lol yeah I've heard that before... I'd rather play the more cuddly Cthulu game. n_n

Quote from: Kirinis on October 06, 2011, 02:31:42 PM
In that case, Huang San sides with dark.

Awesome, we have a dirty cop! 8D

Alysanthia

• Sharon-Scion of Ares(villain)

• Kirinis- Scion of Xiwangmu(Villain)

• Jadzi-???

Jadzi

I'm not sure if I have this all quite right, but it's a start. I'll fill in the backstory when I have more time. She's playing for the good guys, by the by.  :P

Name: Morgan Byrne
Player: Jadzi
Calling: Herbal Supply Shop Owner
Nature: Libertine
Pantheon: Tuatha de Dannan
God: The Morrigan

Birthrights:
An Fáidh Cosán - A leather-bound tome of indeterminately great age. An enchanted storehouse of knowledge, it can
actually absorb items and information from the physical world and store them as illustrations on its seemingly infinite
pages. Known to grant access to the Chaos purview, and perhaps other secrets...

The Raven's Bill - An impeccably sharp and durable billhook. Its blade is eerily capable with organic materials, cleaving
beef, bone, and bamboo with equal ease. With inorganic materials, its reasonably adept for its shape and size.
Grants access to the Death purview.

Weapons: While she currently does not keep dedicated weaponry, Morgan does possess a number of smaller knives
and tools that can serve in a pinch.

Knacks: Fast Learner, Cipher, Cat's Grace, Untouchable Opponent
Virtues: Intellect, Expression
Boons: Death Sense, Eye of Brehon, Eye of the Storm

Appearance: Morgan is something of a walking contradiction, even in the respect of being a walking contradiction. At a glance, she seems a bit unusual, and yet completely normal. No aspect of her appearance is all that strange or even unusual, and few who glance her way would think twice about it. Yet at the same time, everything about her seems a bit different, not quite up to sync with the world around her. She exudes an air of calm, an aura of tranquility - and yet, at the same time, everything about her seems to be at war with itself. She is, simultaneously, both a very canny and a very uncanny figure to behold.

Overall she looks and feels like a completely normal person. One could be generous and call her good-looking, but she could hardly be called a seductress. Her form is somewhat average on the whole: a trim woman of fair complexion, standing about 5' 10" and weighing- well, a healthy weight for her height. Her frame is relatively lean, and her curves not exactly modest on it. Her bust and bottom are pronounced and round, yet they don't especially stand out. Her blue eyes are clear and piercing, yet few would ever notice. Her lips are full, her naturally snow-white hair long and ever-so-faintly wavy. Stripped nude, the sum of her parts would seem to add up to a goddess of beauty, and yet the only impression she would give was that of a modest, average girl-next-door. A platinum woman with all the grace and color of wafting smoke.

But there again, her looks seem always in conflict without actually conflicting. Her snowy hair speaks to advanced age, yet she looks to be in her mid-twenties at best. She gives off and otherworldly, ethereal air, and yet has an earthy presence and persona. The flowing, full-length black skirts and dresses she favor only add to the sense of antiquity that surrounds her, yet at the same time she seems as thoroughly modern as anyone else. One could easily be unsettled, and yet there's nothing particularly unsettling about her. Only that calm demeanor, that gentle smile, and the sense of one's surroundings being at once silent, yet filled with unheard screams.

Background: Morgan Byrne has always enjoyed a comfortable and remarkably unremarkable life.

She was born on November 13, 1978 in Norwell, Massachusetts. Her parents were a loving couple, perhaps a bit doting on their only daughter. They had the resources to be: her father, Brendan Byrne, was a modestly successful trial lawyer in Boston, while her mother Sheila owned a local flower shop. Much of her formative years were spent in and around the century-old house they lived in, or the greenhouses and stockrooms of her mother's shop. It was from those experiences that young Morgan developed a love for nature, if not for the great outdoors itself.

Flowers were her especial joy, and this love only deepened as she grew. Perhaps the most interesting aspect to her during those years were the many uses that the flowers could be put to. While she had grown up seeing the colorful blooms all around her, the revelation that they could be dismantled and put to specific tasks was an epiphany she could not resist. As she grew into her teens, her interest in flowers for decoration waned, while her interest in herbal medicine only swelled. It was an almost distressing development for her mother - the child who once had stared up at her blooms in wide-eyed wonder was now only interested in tearing them apart. But the fact remained that they both enjoyed working with plants, and that common bond was more than enough to sate any concerns between mother and daughter.

Her father was a little less forgiving. A devout christian, he grew concerned as his teenage daughter began dressing in black and expressing and interest in Wicca. It didn't help that the girl had been born with white hair. Both he and his wife had both been concerned for the girl's health at first, only to be assured that it was just a quirk of genetics. But when she began to study Wicca, and to trade in her pink tanktops for floor-length black skirts, he couldn't help but wonder if his daughter was turning into a witch. Many were the debates the two had on the subject, young Morgan insisting she wasn't shirking the faith she'd been raised in. While her father's concerns never quite went away, he still loved his daughter too much to truly press the issue. His concerns were somewhat eased when she graduated college with a degree in horticulture. They were almost allayed when she decided to try and run her own business.

And then somewhat stoked again when she relocated to Salem to do so.

Sure, it made some measure of good business sense. There were a lot of practicing wiccan in Salem, as well as tourists entranced by the area's history. There were also a fair number of herbalist shops already, which meant a healthy dose of competition. And it was pretty much witch central, which his white-haired, black-clad daughter was heading into. Still, she seemed to make a go of it, developing unusually deft concoctions and building up a steady clientele for them. By the time she was 30, she was able to move herself and her modest shop into a stately old mansion. She was doing well for herself, living fairly quietly and yet wholesomely for her surroundings. In that, he could only take pride.

There was a secret to her success, however. Something her parents didn't know, and probably wouldn't have believed if they did:

She could talk to ghosts.

In late October 1995, a sixteen-year-old Morgan had been out with friends, working at a haunted house. She had been cast as a ghost due to her white hair, while Connor (her boyfriend of the time) had been cast as a machete-wielding serial-killer. As the evening drew on and the haunted house began to close for the night, Connor had offered to walk her home. She accepted somewhat gladly - it didn't take a seer for her to read what was on the boy's mind. As they made their way through the streets toward home however, he playfully led her on a little detour, ending up at a graveyard. She couldn't help but to notice the ravens perched in the moonlit trees along the way, but thought little of it. After all, it was Halloween, and the boy she liked was leading her somewhere to make out.

She wasn't thinking much of anything at all by the time she found herself braced, half-dressed, against the side of a tomb. The night air seemed unusually cold against her bare back, and she wished she had taken the the time before to show Connor how to properly unfasten the tattered white ballgown. But while he busied himself fumbling with her fastens, she found herself gazing aimlessly off to the side. She saw the distant figure step into view, but she didn't care. She saw the gleam of the moonlight off the visor of its motorcycle helmet, but thought nothing of it. If anything, the danger of getting caught only added to the thrill of the moment. It wasn't until she blinked, and the figure disappeared, that her senses began to return.

For several moments, all was silent. Connor managed to get her dress undone, and turned her back around. She melted into his arms, and his kiss once more. And then jumped to wide-eyed attention, as the shrill screams of ravens filled the air. All at once, the boy broke his embrace and whipped around, leaving the both of them staring in stunned silence at the helmeted specter. As they watched and the ravens cried, the figure lifted its visor, revealing a grotesque face within. Dread washed over them as the corpse's lips drew in a sickening grin, and then began to part.

In that moment, a deathly chill washed over her body. A flash of recognition leapt into her mind. A dullahan. A messenger of death. A creature who had but to speak a name, and the owner would soon meet their death. But whose death? Hers? His? She didn't want to die, and she certainly didn't want him to die! Terror and confusion flooded her mind, and yet with it came words. Words so eerily calm,  words so clear she could almost hear them.

"Then you had best rise and fight, little rook."

Something hefty and wooden filled her hand. Something with a bit of weight. And before she knew what she was doing, she flung herself toward the figure, lashing out with the Raven's Bill and stabbing it into the corpse's face. The dullahan's head flew backwards from the impact, sailing clear off its body. Its call turned to a shriek of pain as it bounced along the ground, finally landing upside-down some distance away. It had scarely come to a halt before the screaming ravens descended, the helmet vanishing beneath the beating wings of the ravenous murder. By the time the ravens dispersed, nothing remained but a few shards of shattered plastic, dissolving into dust.

When at last Morgan turned to check on Connor, she only found him running away screaming. In his place at the side of the tomb was the terrifying figure of a woman, clad all in black and drenched in blood. Around her stood stood a loose crowd of people, in clothing and costume from many different eras. She was the Morrigan. They, the spirits of the dead. And from that night forward, Morgan was their student.

In the years that followed, the girl would learn how to read people, living or dead, and to glean information from them. As a carrion crow might pick through the fallen bodies of the dead, Morgan picked the brains of the long departed. When she moved to Salem and opened her shop, Raven's Loft, she found no shortage of souls from the long and bloody history of the place. In them, she found more teachers, more knowledge to absorb. From them, she learned more about the finer points of herbal remedy, at times returning long-forgotten recipes to the living world. In return, she often found herself running errands for the deceased, always trying to do so as anonymously as possible. In some small way, it seemed, she was able to help both the living and the dead, and take care of herself at the same time. In this life, she has found great pleasure, even happiness.

And yet, she has always sensed a greater purpose behind it, as if the intervening years were just training to further a higher motive. The Morrigan moves in mysterious ways, and the time may be drawing near for her true purposes to be revealed...

Alysanthia

Quote from: Jadzi on October 08, 2011, 12:56:23 PM
I'm not sure if I have this all quite right, but it's a start. I'll fill in the backstory when I have more time. She's playing for the good guys, by the by.  :P

Name: Morgan Byrne
Player: Jadzi
Calling: Herbal Supply Shop Owner
Nature: Libertine
Pantheon: Tuatha de Dannan
God: The Morrigan

Birthrights:
An Fáidh Cosán - A leather-bound tome of indeterminately great age. An enchanted storehouse of knowledge, it can
actually absorb items and information from the physical world and store them as illustrations on its seemingly infinite
pages. Known to grant access to the Chaos purview, and perhaps other secrets...

The Raven's Bill - An impeccably sharp and durable billhook. Its blade is eerily capable with organic materials, cleaving
beef, bone, and bamboo with equal ease. With inorganic materials, its reasonably adept for its shape and size.
Grants access to the Death purview.

Weapons: While she currently does not keep dedicated weaponry, Morgan does possess a number of smaller knives
and tools that can serve in a pinch.

Knacks: Fast Learner, Cipher, Cat's Grace, Untouchable Opponent
Virtues: Intellect, Expression
Boons: Death Sense, Eye of Brehon, Eye of the Storm

Appearance:

Background:

It looks good to me! :)

And approved. 8D

Lady Hitura Caprion

Name: Daniel Williams
Follows: Ember Mconnolin
Weapons: Standard military issue pistol, assault Rifle
Appearance:Picture
Background: Joined the military at 17. Ended up in Ember's battalion. Being deployed together for so long bonds of friendship formed. He is a ground soldier specializing in small arms and hand to hand combat.

Name: Charles Burgen
Follows: Ember Mconnolin
Weapons: Standard issue pistol, assault rifle
Appearance:Picture
Background: Joined the military at 17. Headed Ember's battalion. He bonded with all his buddies but is partial to hanging out with Ember since shes just 'one of the guys'. Being single he likes that in a woman. Very protective over her.

Alysanthia

Alysanthia

Looking for two players, one villain and one hero.