Elliquian Seekers...

Started by Grainne, June 02, 2012, 08:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grainne

So, this is for those who don't hold to any one religious tradition, those who might be unhappy and seeking elsewhere or those who live within more than one tradition. In otherwords this is for those of us who feel that we are seeking. That our spiritual lives are about seeking not because it's what just fits at the time although that is certainly welcome here, but for many of us it is about following the flow of our lives.  Where ever you are if you consider yourself a spiritual person, regardless of labels, please be welcome and let's discuss. This is for those who find value and edification in some sort of spiritual home. Please note, this is not a place to knock those who do not value spirituality, and that will not be met well if discussion goes that way. No, this is for those of us who have found that seeking is more important or becoming more important than resting, for those of us who truly believe that "not all who wander are lost." With that in mind, an opening question...

What have you found is one important thing that ties all faith traditions together? (figured we could start with commonalities then get to differences later)
Be the change you wish to see.
------------------------------------------------

Phoenixrisen

To me, the largest most general commonality in all or most faiths is a belief in a higher being or power of some kind. Many also seem to have something in their dogma about being good to others. Not really sure if that's the kind of answer that you were looking for.

I really like the idea of this thread. It, like many things here at E, makes me happy. Thank you for creating it.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Grainne

*Grins* Thank you Phoenix! And, that is something I was looking for...actually, I really wanted to know what others have found in their seeking...and, I think you hit on it. Compassion. For lack of a better word. In fact, I saw someone speak about this how all traditions carry some sort of compassionate center at their hearts...no matter what it's called, be it the Christian Golden Rule or the Buddhist value of Compassion. They are all about, in their best manifestations, being good to others as you said. Being kind and loving and helping others. Thanks Phoenix. Now, I'm a happy girl. ;)
Be the change you wish to see.
------------------------------------------------

Phoenixrisen

~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

AndyZ

I've found that in many religions, there's a strong belief in the inherent imperfection of the human body, along with a striving to cleanse oneself of these imperfections and purify the spirit.  Often, these involve finding some way to come to terms with the base needs of the body.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

MasterMischief